I'm sorry but Rohr has got to go

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I'm sorry but Rohr has got to go

Post by Tobi17 »

Awoniyi is on fire in the Bundesliga and just bagged a brace for his team against Mainz today, yet this kid can't get a much overdue and deserved chance in the team over waste pipes like Musa? Awoniyi has improved tremendously and his technical abilities are even getting better, Liverpool fans are raving about him on Twitter and are regretting why he never secured a work permit in England to play for them.

Even yesterday I saw a news that Alex Iwobi was injured, instead of Rohr to call up a LIKE FOR LIKE player to fill in for Iwobi considering our very thin midfield, this clown still went ahead and called up Moffi (who btw Is a good player don't get me wrong), but wouldn't it had made more sense to actually call up a Midfielder? I'm just tired.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I'm sorry but Rohr has got to go

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Rohr HATES midfielders. HATES them. If he could get away with it he would play a 6-0-4 formation, every time!

Wha choo looking at?!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I'm sorry, but I can't fault him here.

He's got a embarassments of riches in terms of strikers: Moffi, Osimhen, Iheanacho, Onuachu, Awoniyi, Sadiq, even Simy. To put it simply you can't play them all.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont like Rohr.

But if you think he is to blame for Musa, you are fooling yourself.

Pinnnick is ON RECORD bragging how he forced Musa on to Rohr.

Blame Rohr for what he is responsible for.

Like ignoring the midfield. That one is on Rohr.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:13 pm Rohr HATES midfielders. HATES them. If he could get away with it he would play a 6-0-4 formation, every time!
I really don't know what kind of a coach does not value midfield.

Literally the most important position on the pitch.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:40 pm I dont like Rohr.

He is 100% at fault for not having the balls to say No! Do you think they would have done this to a coach who has balls?? For example someone like Westerhoff ?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I believe you but please dig it up and post it.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

Awoniyi has been called up to Replace Moffi.

Oya Shangolo this thread to the dustbin.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Celebrity wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:40 pm Awoniyi has been called up to Replace Moffi.

Oya Shangolo this thread to the dustbin.
Sauce ?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I believe you but please dig it up and post it.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Awoniyi has been called up to replace Moffi (injured)

Finally :clap:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:13 pm Awoniyi has been called up to replace Moffi (injured)

Tbh Moffi has not really taken the opportunity given him. He has not stamped his place. With so much competition in that position, I'm glad somebody else gets a chance.

I'd prefer Sadiq, but you can't really argue with Awoniyis selection. He's earned it.

Now it's up to him to make the best of his opportunity.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Awoniyi has worked hard to earn another opportunity after injury stopped him from honoring his invitation last time around. Congrats to him. :clap:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:13 pm Awoniyi has been called up to replace Moffi (injured)

You see why it’s not good to rant like a…..
Nah, you’re usually level headed so we forgive you. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Rohr is an archaic coach. His coaching career ended after he was fired at his french club . He is just making a pension with teams like Nigeria and other Wowo Africans. The real test is will a Nigerian be hired in German or will a German with his resume be hired by the German national team or any top flight club team in the Bundesliga?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:29 am Rohr is an archaic coach. His coaching career ended after he was fired at his french club . He is just making a pension with teams like Nigeria and other Wowo Africans. The real test is will a Nigerian be hired in German or will a German with his resume be hired by the German national team or any top flight club team in the Bundesliga?
I'm still puzzled as to why Pinnick unilaterally picked a coach whose resume was Burkina Faso, Niger and Gabon for our national team. He's won a bronze medal at AFCON(which we usually do in our sleep), and couldn't even match Keshi's 2nd round achievement at the World Cup despite massive financial and logistical support. We have a deeper more talented and experienced team and he is in Year 5 of his tenure. We are still huffing and puffing against the Sierra Leones and Cape Verdes of Africa.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:33 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:29 am Rohr is an archaic coach. His coaching career ended after he was fired at his french club . He is just making a pension with teams like Nigeria and other Wowo Africans. The real test is will a Nigerian be hired in German or will a German with his resume be hired by the German national team or any top flight club team in the Bundesliga?
I'm still puzzled as to why Pinnick unilaterally picked a coach whose resume was Burkina Faso, Niger and Gabon for our national team. He's won a bronze medal at AFCON(which we usually do in our sleep), and couldn't even match Keshi's 2nd round achievement at the World Cup despite massive financial and logistical support. We have a deeper more talented and experienced team and he is in Year 5 of his tenure. We are still huffing and puffing against the Sierra Leones and Cape Verdes of Africa.
So his salary is not important?
You must be a Nigerian employer! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Kickbacks❗️

Cheers.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

He called up Awoniyi; Does he now stay since that is only reason thread starter is calling for his head?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He's won a bronze medal at AFCON(which we usually do in our sleep),
Yet we couldn't even QUALIFY for 2 afcons in a row.
and couldn't even match Keshi's 2nd round achievement at the World Cup
Yes because Keshi was in the easiest WC group, while Rohr was in one of the 2 groups of death. That is all that seperates those 2 campaigns, nothing else. Both coaches even got the exact same result against Argentina, and that is the same result we have always gotten against them.
We are still huffing and puffing against the Sierra Leones and Cape Verdes of Africa.
that is just factually incorrect. Rohr has made winning in Africa and qualifications easier than any previous SE coach.

"Huffing and puffing" against Cape Verde, yet we beat them in an away match missing 10 key players. We were in control of that game from start to finish.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Obong is showing unusual implicit bias here. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/t ... htest.html
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:06 am He called up Awoniyi; Does he now stay since that is only reason thread starter is calling for his head?
Www.difansknowsbest.com

Rohr Finally Sacked
Oct 5th, 2021

The Nigerian national team coach Gernot Rohr, has been relieved of his job in a move that many Nigerians believe is long overdue.
Rohr, 68, was engaged as national coach in 2016 and has had a love-hate relationship with the NFF, the Nigerian football body as well as Nigerian football fans.
After being knocked out of the first round of the 2018 World Cup by Croatia and Argentina, Rohr went on to win his only laurel, the AFCON bronze a year later. Since then he has repeatedly failed to qualify for subsequent World Cups or AFCON finals and this has been cited as the main reasons the NFF - backed by a public outcry from millions of unimpressed fans - has decided to terminate his contract. “Don’t ask me which AFCON” said one particularly emotional fan. “Are you not a Nigerian?” he asked, angrily.

Other reasons cited by the football administration include his refusal to resign over his own delayed salary payments as it is widely believed to be “a sure sign of his ‘insider’ corruption” and “a desperation to make a name for himself with the unrivalled, world class talent Nigeria has at its disposal”.

Inside ‘sauces’ also say that Rohr’s most recent and fatal oversight was his refusal to invite to the national team the Nigerian striker currently tearing up the Bundesliga with Union Berlin, Taiwo Awoniyi. This oversight, according to NFF 3rd VP Tobi ‘17’ Wisdom, was “the last straw”. VP Tobi Wisdom was instrumental to what he described as “a very simple and straightforward decision. On that alone, the man had to go. Finish”.

When it was pointed out that Awoniyi had indeed now been invited as a late call-up, Mr Wisdom stated he was “not aware of it” and made a quick dash to the loo from where he exited through the window. His press secretary later explained his boss’ unusual action, stating “he was pressed”.

Nigeria has several games to play before qualifying for the 2022 AFCON and there are indications that they have several world class coaches lining up to take on the job which unofficially comes ‘without a salary until further notice’.

“We can’t wait” said one former coach of a top European country who chose to remain anonymous. “I’m by my phone every day, waiting. My wife and child already have their bags packed. With its talent and superb infrastructure, coaching the Superb Eagles of Nigeria is every coach’s dream” he said.

When it was pointed out that the Nigerian national team is known as the Super Eagles rather than the ‘Superb’ Eagles, he informed this reporter that his first goal would be to immediately change the name of the team to ‘Superb’ Eagles. He went on, “Superb is far better than ‘Super’ and therefore psychologically, the team will be more prepared to reach the second round of the World Cup and even win it. That’s my plan.”

Nigeria’s next opponents are the Central African Republic. They arrived in the early hours of this morning accompanied by 16 huge sacks of groundnuts in their luggage. When asked the significance of the nuts, their PR secretary Haufor Doo explained “we are here to sell them”.

The game is on Thursday.

DaMunk, with agency reports.

Subscribe to www.difansknowsbest.com for more insider reports.