SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE

Post by iworo »

SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE: EIGHT PLAYERS ARRIVES LAGOS FOR CAR

Super Eagles Lagos camp is bubbling following the arrival of more players ahead the FIFA World Cup double header against Central African Republic.

Chidera Ejuke was the first player to arrive camp leading the early birds which includes Chidozie Awaziem, Jamilu Collins and Daniel Akpeyi.

The arrival of Kevin Akpoguma, Paul Onuachu Samuel Kalu and new invitee, Taiwo Awoniyi swelled the number of player to eight.

More players are expected to hit camp by Tuesday when they team could hold it’s first training session.

Super Eagles will host Central African Republic at the Teslim Balogun Stadium on Thursday before traveling to take on their opponent in Sunday.

Nigeria currently top Group C with 6 points from two games.

https://en.africatopsports.com/2021/10/ ... s-for-car/
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE

Post by Otitokoro »

As Aiyegbeni would say...Who are these ones?
These are definitely NOT the Super Eagles.
iworo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 am SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE: EIGHT PLAYERS ARRIVES LAGOS FOR CAR
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 am SUPER EAGLES CAMP UPDATE: EIGHT PLAYERS ARRIVES LAGOS FOR CAR

Super Eagles Lagos camp is bubbling following the arrival of more players ahead the FIFA World Cup double header against Central African Republic.

Chidera Ejuke was the first player to arrive camp leading the early birds which includes Chidozie Awaziem, Jamilu Collins and Daniel Akpeyi.

The arrival of Kevin Akpoguma, Paul Onuachu Samuel Kalu and new invitee, Taiwo Awoniyi swelled the number of player to eight.

More players are expected to hit camp by Tuesday when they team could hold it’s first training session.

Super Eagles will host Central African Republic at the Teslim Balogun Stadium on Thursday before traveling to take on their opponent in Sunday.

You should use a different picture even though this one came with the article.
Don’t be like our lazy journalists.
Might as well use a picture of Kanu dem set.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 am

😂😂🤣🤣
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I just finished watching King Ekong’s videos on his YouTube channel…….I’m loving it👌🏾👍🏾. Ronaldo the driver cracked me up big time 😂😂😂😊. Looking forward to the next installment….

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Really impressed Awoniyi has joined up already.....

King eKong na correct guy....
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

“On di mountain,
In di valley…”

Iwobi is actually hilarious!
😂😂😂
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 am

We’ll he’s giving us information and that’s the main thing.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

thanks
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles’ Gym Session Ahead Of Their Match Against The Central African Republic
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles await the arrival of just one player as Moses Simon hits camp

The Nantes star is the latest player to arrive camp ahead of the 2022 World Cup qualifier against Les Fauves on Thursday

Moses Simon has arrived at Super Eagles camp ahead of the 2022 World Cup qualifier against the Central African Republic on Thursday.

Simon’s arrival follows Victor Osimhen and Kelechi Iheanacho, who also arrived today. The Nantes star is one of Gernot Rohr’s trusted players, and he’s expected to start the game on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles are still awaiting the arrival of Maduka Okoye. The shot-stopper, who impressed in Sparta Rotterdam’s loss to PSV on Sunday, is expected in camp this evening.

The Super Eagles will be looking to seal qualification for the final playoff rounds with a win in the doubleheader encounter.

Gernot Rohr’s men host Group C’s bottom side on October 7 at the Teslim Balogun Stadium before taking a trip to Douala three days later for the second leg.

A win in both games will all but seal Nigeria’s place in the playoff rounds.

https://soccernet.ng/2021/10/super-eagl ... -camp.html
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

iworo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:10 pm Image
:thumb: :thumb:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I just hope they practice set plays: the easiest way to score against Minnows is via set plays, corner kicks, free kicks & the long throw. All this piggy in the middle is nice but…….
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:55 am I just hope they practice set plays: the easiest way to score against Minnows is via set plays, corner kicks, free kicks & the long throw. All this piggy in the middle is nice but…….
Yes coach.
Somebody should quickly tell them in time. :P
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Let me see if I understand this, so we lose three midfield players in Ndidi, Etebo and Iwobi to injury and the coach responds by calling up Taiwo Awoniyi, a striker? Every opportunity this man gets to bolster the middle, he blows it. smh. God forbid Bonke or Aribo get injured, then what happens? Taiwo will play there?
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Nigeria's Okoye: 'They found it impossible to believe I had talent'

By Pieter Stroink van Eizenga
Football Writer, The Netherlands

Maduka Okoye is hoping that October's back-to-back 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Central African Republic will help him to cement his role as Nigeria's first-choice goalkeeper and win over his doubters.

The Sparta Rotterdam stopper, 22, has started five of the Super Eagles' seven games this year, to take his total to 10 caps since his debut in 2019.

Germany-born Okoye has been on Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr's radar since playing in Germany with Fortuna Düsseldorf's under-19 team, and he is aware that some fans and media initially questioned his credentials.

"In the beginning, they (the critics) doubted me a lot," he told BBC Sport Africa. "When I played in the German lower leagues, they found it impossible to believe I had talent.

"Now there are fewer doubters; the higher you play at club level, the more they will respect you."

After some fine displays in the Dutch Eredivisie, Okoye believes he is gradually winning people over even if he knows he still has much to do.

"I've experienced for myself that playing for a club and then for your country is a whole other thing. I don't see myself as the Nigeria's number one yet, I have to work on a lot of things before I will be the undisputed number one."

Unforgettable debut

His 2019 debut was in a friendly against Brazil and saw him come on a substitute, while still playing for Fortuna Düsseldorf's second team, to face Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison and others.

"It felt almost unreal. We played a match in Singapore against Brazil, which was part of their friendly tour," he said.

"Francis Uzoho got injured so I had to do a quick warm-up together with the other reserve keeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa. It was either him or me.

Maduka Okoye made his debut for Nigeria in a friendly against Brazil in 2019

"I had to go for it, but I was nervous at first, and there were a lot of things going through my mind. However, as soon as I set foot on the field, it was like any other match."

He passed it with flying colours, conceding no goals as the game ended 1-1, the score when he came on with just under half an hour to play.

Okoye had come to Rohr's attention through Fortuna's then managing director of sport Lutz Pfannenstiel, who is not only a former professional goalkeeper but also has extensive links with Africa.

His success with Fortuna II secured a move to Dutch top-flight side Sparta Rotterdam in 2020 and at the end of his first full season, he was voted the fans' Player of the Season.

Now he is hoping he can earn similar support from the Nigeria fans, believing the upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers and January's Africa Cup of Nations finals will give him that chance.

"We have to do our job and qualify," he added. "I take everything step-by-step and continue my hard work for Nigeria and enjoy every single minute on the pitch with the support of our fans.

"These tournaments are going to be a huge platform for players like me. My ultimate goal is to hopefully play in the Premier League.

"The most important thing for me now is that I can play my games as a number one and develop myself as a keeper, and that is something I can do in the Eredivisie at Sparta Rotterdam."

On Thursday, Nigeria - who lead Group C with six points from two games - host Central African Republic in Lagos before facing the same side again on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/58760471
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

iworo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:27 pm Nigeria's Okoye: 'They found it impossible to believe I had talent'

Maduka Okqoye is hoping that October's back-to-back 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Central African Republic will help him to cement his role as Nigeria's first-choice goalkeeper and win over his doubters.

The Sparta Rotterdam stopper, 22, has started five of the Super Eagles' seven games this year, to take his total to 10 caps since his debut in 2019.

Germany-born Okoye has been on Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr's radar since playing in Germany with Fortuna Düsseldorf's under-19 team, and he is aware that some fans and media initially questioned his credentials.

"In the beginning, they (the critics) doubted me a lot," he told BBC Sport Africa. "When I played in the German lower leagues, they found it impossible to believe I had talent.

"Now there are fewer doubters; the higher you play at club level, the more they will respect you."

After some fine displays in the Dutch Eredivisie, Okoye believes he is gradually winning people over even if he knows he still has much to do.

"I've experienced for myself that playing for a club and then for your country is a whole other thing. I don't see myself as the Nigeria's number one yet, I have to work on a lot of things before I will be the undisputed number one."

Unforgettable debut

His 2019 debut was in a friendly against Brazil and saw him come on a substitute, while still playing for Fortuna Düsseldorf's second team, to face Gabriel Jesus, Richarlison and others.

"It felt almost unreal. We played a match in Singapore against Brazil, which was part of their friendly tour," he said.

"Francis Uzoho got injured so I had to do a quick warm-up together with the other reserve keeper, Ikechukwu Ezenwa. It was either him or me.

"I had to go for it, but I was nervous at first, and there were a lot of things going through my mind. However, as soon as I set foot on the field, it was like any other match."

He passed it with flying colours, conceding no goals as the game ended 1-1, the score when he came on with just under half an hour to play.

Okoye had come to Rohr's attention through Fortuna's then managing director of sport Lutz Pfannenstiel, who is not only a former professional goalkeeper but also has extensive links with Africa.

His success with Fortuna II secured a move to Dutch top-flight side Sparta Rotterdam in 2020 and at the end of his first full season, he was voted the fans' Player of the Season.

Now he is hoping he can earn similar support from the Nigeria fans, believing the upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers and January's Africa Cup of Nations finals will give him that chance.

"We have to do our job and qualify," he added. "I take everything step-by-step and continue my hard work for Nigeria and enjoy every single minute on the pitch with the support of our fans.

"These tournaments are going to be a huge platform for players like me. My ultimate goal is to hopefully play in the Premier League.

"The most important thing for me now is that I can play my games as a number one and develop myself as a keeper, and that is something I can do in the Eredivisie at Sparta Rotterdam."

On Thursday, Nigeria - who lead Group C with six points from two games - host Central African Republic in Lagos before facing the same side again on Sunday.

Okoye has been dropped for tomorrow's match against CAR due to late arrival in camp. He arrived late for the previous match against Liberia and it seems Rohr has had enough.
Francis Uzoho is expected to start.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:27 pm
iworo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:27 pm Nigeria's Okoye: 'They found it impossible to believe I had talent'

Maduka Okqoye is hoping that October's back-to-back 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Central African Republic will help him to cement his role as Nigeria's first-choice goalkeeper and win over his doubters.

Unforgettable debut

Okoye has been dropped for tomorrow's match against CAR due to late arrival in camp. He arrived late for the previous match against Liberia and it seems Rohr has had enough.
Good call if that’s the case, let Uzoho stake his claim.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:35 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Unforgettable debut

Good call if that’s the case, let Uzoho stake his claim.

But what is his excuse for arriving late? Did he have a late game for his club? Some excuses are warranted.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Late Sunday night away game vs PSV Eindhoven.
Missed his KLM flight on Monday morning to Lagos.
Arrived camp on Tuesday evening.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:39 pm But what is his excuse for arriving late? Did he have a late game for his club? Some excuses are warranted.