Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 0 Live

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:28 pm
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Like I said, enjoy your day!

I brought up the pitch DURING the game to counter those who were acclaiming a beautiful pitch.

One can comment on the pitch, or even on climate change for that matter, without it being automatically linked to the loss.

We lost BECAUSE WE WERE POOR; ABYSMALLY POOR!
Enjoy my day?

Are you okay? Enjoy my day because the Eagles lost? You must have me confused with someone else. Can't stand you people that are forming surprised.

I wish you had the same passion for Naija as you have for Liverpool.

You won't tolerate such a manager for Liverpool under ANY circumstance. Anyone who points out the fact that he is a poor manager is a hater.

You all bringing up the pitch is pissing me the #@$% off.

You should spend less time on talking even mentioning the pitch and focus squarely on the culprit. If you were near me, I will headbutt your mouth for even mentioning the pitch. :curse:

I can bet you anything that not a single player will mention the pitch as contributing to the loss.

I have asked you "HOW EXACTLY DID THE PITCH CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR PERFORMANCE?"

HOW?!

I first wrote about Rohr as an AVERAGE MANAGER 6 fvcking years ago!!!!!

The irony is that the pitch issue was a side comment in response to those acclaiming the quality of the pitch from pictures posted.

IT IS YOU who MADE THE LINK to performance.

YOU, CELLULAR. So SHUT THE FVVCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are enjoying your day...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:58 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:48 pm
Again, watch game and take your silly games and agenda out of it.

Have they been poor? Yes
are they playing on a shitty a$$ pitch? yes
Those two things are not mutually exclusive statements... Its not rocket science
Na folks like you be the problem. You haven't seen the pitch... I have!

There's nothing wrong with the pitch to the point of blaming the pitch for the continued disjointed play of the team. Be it in Uyo or elsewhere.

Poor workman blaming his tools.

:boo: :boo:
:lol: Your problem is you people take sides, dig in and get too emotional like PMS'ing women. Who blamed pitch for "continued disjointed play of the team" Someone asked a simple question why they were employing long ball and I mentioned the shitty pitch as a possible reason. Anyone who has played football would recognize a shitty pitch the second you see it. It possible to acknowledge a simple fact. It was a poor pitch. Acknowledging the shitty state of the pitch says nothing about their poor play, and failure of the coaching staff to react to what wasn't working. Those are not mutually exclusive position.

They played poorly and looked clueless about how to break down CAR. I mentioned it in the first half. I've constantly said that we still have zero clue on how to break down team when we are favored, so I'm not sure wth you are on.

Abeg go find someone else to go and debate your juvenile FC vs LC battles...I have zero time for you people :rotf:
Who is debating anything with you? You think this is about FC vs LC? Negro puhleeze.

The annoying part is you haven't seen the pitch and you are blaming the pitch. You are the only one who has played football... and you can tell from your TV feed how bad or good the pitch is. :roll:

You interjected that the pitch contributed...

The evidence abound that regardless of the pitch, the team is a POOR team. What aspect of their play was affect by the pitch?

When they played at Uyo, were they any better?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 Live

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm
Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm Don't blame the loss on anything. We simply honestly have below average players
...if 4th tier players can beat our 'below average players, why don't we use top local league players to prosecute such matches.
(An 18 yr old from their local league was in the starting 11).
One wonders how folks reason...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm

I brought up the pitch DURING the game to counter those who were acclaiming a beautiful pitch.

One can comment on the pitch, or even on climate change for that matter, without it being automatically linked to the loss.

Enjoy my day?

Are you okay? Enjoy my day because the Eagles lost? You must have me confused with someone else. Can't stand you people that are forming surprised.

You won't tolerate such a manager for Liverpool under ANY circumstance. Anyone who points out the fact that he is a poor manager is a hater.

You should spend less time on talking even mentioning the pitch and focus squarely on the culprit. If you were near me, I will headbutt your mouth for even mentioning the pitch. :curse:

I can bet you anything that not a single player will mention the pitch as contributing to the loss.

HOW?!

The irony is that the pitch issue was a side comment in response to those acclaiming the quality of the pitch from pictures posted.

Good!

Focus on the person responsible for the loss.

Still forming shocked?!

What pretentious universe do you live in?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Rohr has played 4-4-2 in about 8 or so games now and we've either struggled to create chances or had slow laboring buildup play in most of those games. He needs to bury that formation once and for all.

If we had a capable AM behind Osimhen and Nacho our play would look different. Nacho needs to be in the box and drop deep occasionally, while Osimhen should have freedom to run the channels and drift to the wings. Nacho should never be your primary creative player.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:36 pm
mcal wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm
Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm Don't blame the loss on anything. We simply honestly have below average players
...if 4th tier players can beat our 'below average players, why don't we use top local league players to prosecute such matches.
(An 18 yr old from their local league was in the starting 11).
One wonders how folks reason...
the guy refuses to blame the coach and blames the players for losing to trash players... trash vs trash no ring for bobo head
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm
joao wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm This is what happens when we overhype players, and watch matches with too much emotion.
Where is the coordination, and disciplined team approach? You have players missing simple passes,
dribbling excessively, playing the long pass that gives away the ball instead of a short one to keep
possession, and worse bunching up instead of spreading the field.

Our players' problems are between the ears, and not being able to stick to fundamentals.
Hmmm...funny how they are somehow able to do it at their clubs...wonder what the difference is...
Essentially took the game as a practice match. Underestimated the CAR team. FIFA rankings. NIG (34) , CAR (124)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olu wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 pm Rohr has played 4-4-2 in about 8 or so games now and we've either struggled to create chances or had slow laboring buildup play in most of those games. He needs to bury that formation once and for all.

If we had a capable AM behind Osimhen and Nacho our play would look different. Nacho needs to be in the box and drop deep occasionally, while Osimhen should have freedom to run the channels and drift to the wings. Nacho should never be your primary creative player.
somebody finally gets it

I said 442 was a no no long ago.

It worked for a while against minnows when we got lucky to score early.

It is a poor formation for the players at our disposal but Rohr wants to play Nacho.

either 433 or 352 (if we must play Nacho)
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This awa coach na Olodo. Someone please pay him off before he messes up these bunch of talents coming through. We have no business huffing and puffing against the teams we have played in the last 4 games. This is all down to nothing but bad coaching.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:32 pm
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:27 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:17 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:58 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:48 pm
Again, watch game and take your silly games and agenda out of it.

Have they been poor? Yes
are they playing on a shitty a$$ pitch? yes
Those two things are not mutually exclusive statements... Its not rocket science
Na folks like you be the problem. You haven't seen the pitch... I have!

There's nothing wrong with the pitch to the point of blaming the pitch for the continued disjointed play of the team. Be it in Uyo or elsewhere.

Poor workman blaming his tools.

:boo: :boo:
:lol: Your problem is you people take sides, dig in and get too emotional like PMS'ing women. Who blamed pitch for "continued disjointed play of the team" Someone asked a simple question why they were employing long ball and I mentioned the shitty pitch as a possible reason. Anyone who has played football would recognize a shitty pitch the second you see it. It possible to acknowledge a simple fact. It was a poor pitch. Acknowledging the shitty state of the pitch says nothing about their poor play, and failure of the coaching staff to react to what wasn't working. Those are not mutually exclusive position.

They played poorly and looked clueless about how to break down CAR. I mentioned it in the first half. I've constantly said that we still have zero clue on how to break down team when we are favored, so I'm not sure wth you are on.

Abeg go find someone else to go and debate your juvenile FC vs LC battles...I have zero time for you people :rotf:

Its very hard to remain a member of this forum tbh.

You cannot have a serious football discussion anymore...
There is a reason why I really haven't been on here for the past year or so.. :rotf:

Anyway, on to Sunday.
I get ya...

You are watching a game with a team that hasn't shown any improvement and the pitch is a contributory factor and someone points out that regardless of where they have played, the team plays the same and you raise shoulder to say that's the reason why you haven't been contributing? SMDH! You negroes really think you are that important...

Listen dude, this ain't your local beer parlour where you can just say stuff and not be challenged. I have asked you direct questions and you and ATF danced around it. How did the pitch affect the team? How did it stop them from playing any different than they used to play? Did the field account for them not forcing the opposing keeper to make a save? Did the field cause CAR to have the best chances in the game?

You can go back to not contributing to the forum because you are tired of folks challenging your jagbajantis.

PS. Even the ESPN+ feed couldn't have captured how good/bad the pitch was.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

OJI wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:43 pm
joao wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:24 pm This is what happens when we overhype players, and watch matches with too much emotion.
Where is the coordination, and disciplined team approach? You have players missing simple passes,
dribbling excessively, playing the long pass that gives away the ball instead of a short one to keep

Our players' problems are between the ears, and not being able to stick to fundamentals.
Hmmm...funny how they are somehow able to do it at their clubs...wonder what the difference is...
Essentially took the game as a practice match. Underestimated the CAR team. FIFA rankings. NIG (34) , CAR (124)
Interesting, I wonder who's job it is to prepare the players physically and mentally for the task ahead so that they take these matches seriously?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Same with our opponents. Though we have some good players and some average players. We have lacked creativity in the third half of the pitch and have been relying on Osimhen and Kelechi to get us goals out of nothing.

I believe we still qualify from the group but we might struggle against our opponent on the last group of matches.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 0 vs CAR 1 FT

Post by Ezesportsworld »

I don't see any talent in this team
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Interesting, I wonder who's job it is to prepare the players physically and mentally for the task ahead so that they take these matches seriously?
Don't ever expect mental preparation from we-are-here-to-learn Rohr. His defeatist, defensive mentality is rubbing off. I know if we play San Marino (FIFA ranking 210), he would still set the team to play defensive.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Lolly wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm
Same with our opponents. Though we have some good players and some average players. We have lacked creativity in the third half of the pitch and have been relying on Osimhen and Kelechi to get us goals out of nothing.

I believe we still qualify from the group but we might struggle against our opponent on the last group of matches.
I will be willing to entertain the discussion about having average players when we come against teams like Algeria,Egypt,Cameroon or Tunisia,but not.against Cape Verde,Sierra Leone,Liberia or even CAR,never!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:45 pm
olu wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:39 pm Rohr has played 4-4-2 in about 8 or so games now and we've either struggled to create chances or had slow laboring buildup play in most of those games. He needs to bury that formation once and for all.

somebody finally gets it

It is a poor formation for the players at our disposal but Rohr wants to play Nacho.

If we were doing great playing 4-3-3 I don't think **** would have changed things, so I don't think going back is necessarily the answer...regardless of formation we've not been great shakes for a long time...but this is a real low...
Last edited by maceo4 on Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Ok…..
Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm I don't see any talent in this team
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

OJI wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Don't ever expect mental preparation from we-are-here-to-learn Rohr. His defeatist, defensive mentality is rubbing off. I know if we play San Marino (FIFA ranking 210), he would still set the team to play defensive.
The earlier version of **** experimented with a 3-5-2. I thought he had something there.

I thought now having Akpogouma in the mix will allow him to play with 3 man backline and have wingbacks to help flood the midfield and give us width.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ezesportsworld wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:52 pm I don't see any talent in this team

You have to first have sight, to be able to see!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:37 pm
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Enjoy my day?

HOW?!

Good!

Focus on the person responsible for the loss.

Still forming shocked?!

What pretentious universe do you live in?

I have no patience for the childishness of folks like you and Bigpokey.

If you want to talk football, then lets talk football.

And I'll never tire of pointing out the fact we have poor pitches in Nigeria. Why?

B/c it affects our players and our performance. That is a fact. Just look at Oshimen and his attempts to control the ball for the SE vs his games at Napoli...

Admitting that cannot be automatically equated with it being a reason for our loss or over 5yrs of everage performance...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

oloye wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:49 pm

I will be willing to entertain the discussion about having average players when we come against teams like Algeria,Egypt,Cameroon or Tunisia,but not.against Cape Verde,Sierra Leone,Liberia or even CAR,never!
**** mantra has always been that we lost because the other team had better players and play in better leagues. The natives buy that excuse because they too believe that Naija has average players. But it is not about the quality of the players as we have seen repeatedly. We saw it against SA in Uyo, against Might Mada$#%^ingascar, against Sierra Leone, struggling against Liberia and now losing to CAR.

You ask fans of the Eagles if they can describe the tactics and/or strategy of the Eagles under Rohr, you will come up empty.

We have continuously struggled to create chances or retain possession. We lack tactical discipline. We are not that difficult to breakdown so you can even hold your head about that either. Players continuously make poor decisions despite him having the team for 6 years and counting.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:58 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:45 pm

somebody finally gets it

If we were doing great playing 4-3-3 I don't think **** would have changed things, so I don't think going back is necessarily the answer...regardless of formation we've not been great shakes for a long time...but this is a real low...
The 433 got us the bronze at afcon, losing to algeria in the last minute

The 433 showed us great matches against Brazil and Ukraine

The 433 was deployed against the first Lesotho match and Sierra Leone. The Lesotho match and first 70 of Sierra Leone match, were our best games in terms of chance creation.

The 442 started in the return match to Sierra Leone which we were scoreless

it then continued against Benin, where again we struggled to score and depended on the basketballer in the last minute.

Against Lesotho at home we were lucky to score early and the game was over

Liberia same thing, and again a lot of luck against Cape Verde (they scored for us)

today again struggle to create chances.

I tell you our misfortune is directly related to the 442. We never struggled like this before with Iwobi in the middle conducting things.

Anybody who tells you otherwise has an agenda.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Rohr should be prosecuted for football terrorism...