Where's DAMUNK?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Where's DAMUNK?

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:05 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:22 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am Football is firstly a result oriented business. Every other thing na jara. You don't see me complain about his selection. I will prefer him to scout the local leagu,e but since I will judge him by the RESULT, I will allow him to do it his way. I will not complain about his style, tactics etc. He is the coach and he should be left alone to achieve the results the best way he thought fit. What will not be allowed is to call a poor result a good one.

Amodu was sacked not because of 'result'. On the two occasions that he was sacked, it was not because he lost matches to teams that anyone would have being surprised that we lost too. Amodu actually over achieved. So his RESULT did not merit a sack. Which was why the sack was because of 'style' and not RESULT

Now to Rohr, there is no dodgy sentiments. This is all about RESULT. For a country like Nigeria his results has not matched expectation. I called for his sack AFTER the WC because a coach that cannot qualify for the 2nd round of the WC is not GOOD enough. All the coaches that did not qualify the SE for the 2nd round of the WC were sacked and I don't think anyone complained. Rohr is the only one to be retained! Pa Onigbinde was SACKED for same outcome.

I don't think Rohr should be sacked. However, if he is sacked it will not be because of 'silly sentiments'. It will be because of his RESULTS. Losing at home to CAR is a poor result. However since he can still qualify, he should be allowed to continue. However, once we get to the point of doing integration and differentiation plus permutation to know if we will qualify, he should be sacked immediately. Same way Bonfere was sacked and Amodu had to come on a rescue mission.

Coaches should be hired and fired based on RESULT and any illegal/ethical/criminal behaviour.
Well said! You have made a better case for his stay than Damunk who is arguing that he is being treated the same as Amodu. Of course, he is still the coach and I want to praise him after today's game (as I have done recently). And I will like to be yabbed next year if he wins the AFCON - no CE yabbis will eclipse my job (I won't run away like Vancity Eagle).

However, based on his 5 years so far, I do not think he is the one to take the SE forward.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Aruako, you know you be my guy and will always have your time but sometimes this your lawyer instinct dey make you distort argument small to sway judge.
Which time did I say or even imply that Rohr is being “treated the same as Amodu”?
By whom? The NFF?
They haven’t even sacked him yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve mentioned several times and I doubt I could make it any clearer that my observation is on the public outcry AND I have mentioned the similarities in circumstances which, of course being the true lawyer that you are, you have quietly refused to acknowledge.

Those circumstances led to the eventual sack of Amodu which is the path we are currently on.
I’ve said that no two situations are identical but there are clear SIMILARITIES, and I further added “whether you like to acknowledge them or not”.

I guess it’s your prerogative NOT to acknowledge them and make your case accordingly.

But to summarise our lengthy exchange of views the way you have can only come from a legal mind that is intent on discrediting the opposition without it being personal.
It’s all good.
We shall meet over peppehsoup. I think you still owe me one bowl of nkwobi. Make that two.
:thumb:
The 'public' outcry concerning Amodu was about 'STYLE' and NOT about RESULT. Very few could really fault Amodu's result.

The 'public' outcry concerning Rohr was about RESULT!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Chief, you are not following the discussion.
I have said what you have just repeated a dozen times and you make my very point.
Scroll back and you will realise it is the core of my case.
I even highlighted the fact in a few places.
Sorry.
I know y’all are stressed out but take a chill pill and stop finding points of disagreement where there are none. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:05 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:22 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am Football is firstly a result oriented business. Every other thing na jara. You don't see me complain about his selection. I will prefer him to scout the local leagu,e but since I will judge him by the RESULT, I will allow him to do it his way. I will not complain about his style, tactics etc. He is the coach and he should be left alone to achieve the results the best way he thought fit. What will not be allowed is to call a poor result a good one.

Amodu was sacked not because of 'result'. On the two occasions that he was sacked, it was not because he lost matches to teams that anyone would have being surprised that we lost too. Amodu actually over achieved. So his RESULT did not merit a sack. Which was why the sack was because of 'style' and not RESULT

Now to Rohr, there is no dodgy sentiments. This is all about RESULT. For a country like Nigeria his results has not matched expectation. I called for his sack AFTER the WC because a coach that cannot qualify for the 2nd round of the WC is not GOOD enough. All the coaches that did not qualify the SE for the 2nd round of the WC were sacked and I don't think anyone complained. Rohr is the only one to be retained! Pa Onigbinde was SACKED for same outcome.

I don't think Rohr should be sacked. However, if he is sacked it will not be because of 'silly sentiments'. It will be because of his RESULTS. Losing at home to CAR is a poor result. However since he can still qualify, he should be allowed to continue. However, once we get to the point of doing integration and differentiation plus permutation to know if we will qualify, he should be sacked immediately. Same way Bonfere was sacked and Amodu had to come on a rescue mission.

Coaches should be hired and fired based on RESULT and any illegal/ethical/criminal behaviour.
Well said! You have made a better case for his stay than Damunk who is arguing that he is being treated the same as Amodu. Of course, he is still the coach and I want to praise him after today's game (as I have done recently). And I will like to be yabbed next year if he wins the AFCON - no CE yabbis will eclipse my job (I won't run away like Vancity Eagle).

However, based on his 5 years so far, I do not think he is the one to take the SE forward.
Aruako, you know you be my guy and will always have your time but sometimes this your lawyer instinct dey make you distort argument small to sway judge.
Which time did I say or even imply that Rohr is being “treated the same as Amodu”?
By whom? The NFF?
They haven’t even sacked him yet! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve mentioned several times and I doubt I could make it any clearer that my observation is on the public outcry AND I have mentioned the similarities in circumstances which, of course being the true lawyer that you are, you have quietly refused to acknowledge.

Those circumstances led to the eventual sack of Amodu which is the path we are currently on.
I’ve said that no two situations are identical but there are clear SIMILARITIES, and I further added “whether you like to acknowledge them or not”.

I guess it’s your prerogative NOT to acknowledge them and make your case accordingly.

But to summarise our lengthy exchange of views the way you have can only come from a legal mind that is intent on discrediting the opposition without it being personal.
It’s all good.
We shall meet over peppehsoup. I think you still owe me one bowl of nkwobi. Make that two.
:thumb:
The 'public' outcry concerning Amodu was about 'STYLE' and NOT about RESULT. Very few could really fault Amodu's result.

The 'public' outcry concerning Rohr was about RESULT!
For Rohr, it’s Both actually. His teams don’t play pretty. I cancelled my World Cup plans 2 years ago after watching the friendlies.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:35 am
txj wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:32 pm
The above is the sort of stupidity you have patented on CE for over a decade!

I mean unadulterated idiocy!!!!!!!!

WTF difference does it make if you are average and posting poor results under an LC or FC?

Do you get slightly more points for being average under an LC?

When will you get off this retarded FC/LC mindset?

The irony is that you and ur fellow travellers failed to support Oliseh and Siasia, even though they are LCs, b/c it seems some LCs are more local than others!!!
I’ve said all too often that substituting abuse in place of arguments is a fatal sign of the lack of competence to form a logical opinion. Have you stopped to consider the huge gap in pay between FCs and LCs? For a cash-strapped organization like the NFF, shouldn’t that be a major consideration in deciding what sort of a coach to hire? The real stupidity here belongs with the NFF for agreeing to pay all that money for a coach who is no better than the average Nigerian coach❗️

Cheers.
Just FYI… “all that money” being paid Rohr isn’t much different from what was paid to Oliseh and Keshi.
It sounds like you are suggesting that LESS should be paid to a full SE coach, simply because he is Nigerian. :rotf:
Yet here we are, shedding tears how the NFF treat our local coaches poorly.

You see why your case no get part 2?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:36 pm

WTF difference does it make if you are average and posting poor results under an LC or FC?

The irony is that you and ur fellow travellers failed to support Oliseh and Siasia, even though they are LCs, b/c it seems some LCs are more local than others!!!
I’ve said all too often that substituting abuse in place of arguments is a fatal sign of the lack of competence to form a logical opinion. Have you stopped to consider the huge gap in pay between FCs and LCs? For a cash-strapped organization like the NFF, shouldn’t that be a major consideration in deciding what sort of a coach to hire? The real stupidity here belongs with the NFF for agreeing to pay all that money for a coach who is no better than the average Nigerian coach❗️

Cheers.
Just FYI… “all that money” being paid Rohr isn’t much different from what was paid to Oliseh and Keshi.
It sounds like you are suggesting that LESS should be paid to a full SE coach, simply because he is Nigerian. :rotf:

You started out with a bold faced lie and followed it up with the must ridiculous conjecture I’ve ever heard. First of all, Rohr currently makes 4 times what either Keshi or oliseh were being paid. Secondly, the NFF pays foreign coaches a lot more than local coaches. I’m not suggesting it. It’s just fact, one that you are very well aware of but are too deceitful to acknowledge🙂❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:25 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:36 pm Just FYI… “all that money” being paid Rohr isn’t much different from what was paid to Oliseh and Keshi.

You started out with a bold faced lie and followed it up with the must ridiculous conjecture I’ve ever heard. First of all, Rohr currently makes 4 times what either Keshi or oliseh were being paid. Secondly, the NFF pays foreign coaches a lot more than local coaches. I’m not suggesting it. It’s just fact, one that you are very well aware of but are too deceitful to acknowledge🙂❗️

Cheers.
I think you need some sleep.
When you wake up, go do some research.
It’s not that difficult.

How a man of your ‘standing’ can stand on a podium and argue nonsense with such conviction will forever astound me.
But nor be today.
Even when shown VISUAL evidence of your error, you will argue. Remember our offside argument?
Very embarrassing. :rotf:

Go check your figures my friend. Your maths can’t be that bad. :rotf:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:40 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:36 pm Just FYI… “all that money” being paid Rohr isn’t much different from what was paid to Oliseh and Keshi.

Cheers.
It’s not that difficult.

How a man of your ‘standing’ can stand on a podium and argue nonsense with such conviction will forever astound me.
But nor be today.
Even when shown VISUAL evidence of your error, you will argue. Remember our offside argument?

You are such an empty vessel. You make a lot of noise with no substance at all to go with it. I do remember the offside argument very clearly and even if you were right, which you definitely weren’t, what does offside have to do with Rohr’s salary? If you have any so-called visual evidence in that regard, present it or keep your tongue in check forever… but we both already know you don’t have any such “visual evidence”🙂❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:53 pm

Cheers.
It’s not that difficult.

But nor be today.

You are such an empty vessel. You make a lot of noise with no substance at all to go with it. I do remember the offside argument very clearly and even if you were right, which you definitely weren’t, what does offside have to do with Rohr’s salary? If you have any so-called visual evidence in that regard, present it or keep your tongue in check forever… but we both already know you don’t have any such “visual evidence”🙂❗️

Cheers.
Please, please please.
Don't come and rewrite history here, abeg
Even then, the joke was that you were always arguing blindlly about offsides.
The threads are still there (with graphics) to dig up if you are interested in re-embarrassing yourself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The reference is just to remind you that you LOVE to argue on what you are not sure about and those were classical examples.
This is yet another.
Sometimes you just have to KEEP KWAYET if you are not sure.
Go and check the salaries of Rohr, Keshi and Oliseh and come back here to report yourself.

I am absolutely certain you are going to let this matter quietly die when you check your figures.
I can give you the info because i have posted them on CE before, but I don't have the time to do your homework for you.

Chai. To accept you might be wrong dey hard you like this? :lol:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:19 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:53 pm

Cheers.
It’s not that difficult.

But nor be today.

Cheers.
Please, please please.
Don't come and rewrite history here, abeg
Even then, the joke was that you were always arguing blindlly about offsides.
The threads are still there (with graphics) to dig up if you are interested in re-embarrassing yourself :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The reference is just to remind you that you LOVE to argue on what you are not sure about and those were classical examples.
This is yet another.
Sometimes you just have to KEEP KWAYET if you are not sure.
Go and check the salaries of Rohr, Keshi and Oliseh and come back here to report yourself.

I am absolutely certain you are going to let this matter quietly die when you check your figures.
I can give you the info because i have posted them on CE before, but I don't have the time to do your homework for you.

Chai. To accept you might be wrong dey hard you like this? :lol:
Like I said, no visual evidence, just talk, talk talk… empty vessel❗️

Cheers.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Personally I think Rohr sucks and would rate him only slightly higher than Vogts. I don’t think he should have been hired in the 1st place and If I had my way, he should have been sacked after the WC in Russia.

For the record so I am not accused of lacking objectivity, Rohr conducted the most impressive WCQ campaign the Eagles ever successfully did. That earned him the right to take the team to Russia. The moment he failed to go past the 1st round, he should have been sacked.

But we are where we are and knowing how attention to fine details is not exactly laced into our DNA as Nigerians never mind the NFF, I’d say leave the man be for now unless we truly have a proven coach who is willing to work for free, allow his team play on rubbish pitches, put up with our NFF shenanigans etc. Since we know no coach worth his name, dime and reputation will take us up on that offer, I say let Rohr be.

For a bit of context, clamouring for an Eagles coach to be sacked in the midst of a qualification series or prior to a major competition is a very Nigerian norm.

How many remember Westerhof’s head been called for leading up to CAN/WC 94 after qualifications. I remember write ups in Complete Football outrightly calling for his outright dismissal to talks about engaging an assistant.

I remember how that particular WCQ campaign threw up a whole industry of eloquent ‘football analysts’ the Dudu Orumens of this world, regurgitated known names like Mitchell Obi, Paul Bassey, Dalandi Bako, etc. I also remember folks in the print Complete football and it’s sister publication International Soccer Review- Tijani, Sunny Ojeagbase, Solaja etc

Unfortunately those were the days before the internet became readily available so there are no easy archives to turn to.

In fact, I recall the late Alex Akinyele as NSC chairman or was it Sports Minister ‘stormed’ into the dressing room in Oran, Algeria at the final WCQ. Game in 1993 at half time to express his apparent disdain for how ‘badly’ the Eagles were playing, including threatening to have Westerhof fired, until he himself was sacked by the late Abacha.

How many here remember Philippe Troussier qualified Nigeria with one game to spare for WC98 but somehow got kicked off because folks were unhappy with how his team played and we ended up with Bora. The rest as they say is history.

We are well versed with chronicles of Amodu 1.0 and 2.0

Even the big boss had his own battles leading up to Brazil. We know how the NFF allegedly were negotiating with another to take his place before a quarter final game against CIV.

Push it a bit further, some would argue we probably would have been at WC90 instead of Milla et al if the then NFA had left Hamilton in place rather than have Westerhof in at the last minute.

The most Nigerian football thing to do is to advocate for change when we are not prepared to manage the said change effectively. Our history proves it very conclusively if I may say so.

Once again I do not think Rohr is good enough for Nigeria. I think he is like Sam Alladyce, good at keeping relegation bound teams from going under. Once in a while he may stumble upon an Okocha that lets his team into the finals off a 3rd rate cup final. But no serious team with aspirations beyond keeping their neck above water will give him a job. The gods really smiled on England that he went after a game. What a bloody lucky nation in footballing terms that is.

Rohr is in the mould of Alladyce. Good for 2nd rate footballing nations but not for a serious nation.

We may by passion be a ‘first’ nation in footballing terms but our administration of the game is 4th rate. We suck phat balls and many of us in our hearts know it. Hence Rohr is our man.

Let’s be honest with ourselves we can only truly pitch at his level.

Almost 30 years after making our World Cup debut and years of having had the opportunity of exposing ourselves to the best, the fundamentals of our game and administration remain the same - fine we won the WC for best jersey. Coaches aren’t paid. Pitches are an embarrassment. Bonuses are not paid on time. NFF administrators allegedly trying got influence player selection etc.

So please leave Rohr in place. We honestly can not do any better. This is truly our footballing level.

For the avoidance of doubt, leading up to match day, I will put on my and support my GWG but I learnt a long time ago to detach my emotions as best possible from Nigerian football. I remain an Eagles fan, with many scars of painful and self sabotaging defeats to prove it as I believe most here.

So let’s be very honest with ourselves. What is it in our knowledge and administration of the game beyond the 11 men we l in E up at a particular point in time that truly entitles us to call ourselves elites of the sport.

We have enough history to let you know 90% of the time we get it wrong and every now and again the stars somehow align for us.

Here’s hoping to another alignment but please don’t hold your breath. We are once again likely about to underachieve with a bunch of players available to us and somehow we are not and won’t be able to do anything about it.

It’s like watching a tragedy unfolding in real time and you can diddly squat about it.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

hestonap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm
For the record so I am not accused of lacking objectivity, Rohr conducted the most impressive WCQ campaign the Eagles ever successfully did. That earned him the right to take the team to Russia. The moment he failed to go past the 1st round, he should have been sacked.
Not true sir. France 98 qualification is at par with 2018 WC qualification.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:59 am Like I said, no visual evidence, just talk, talk talk… empty vessel❗️

Cheers.
Are you pretending to have forgotten or are you really this amnesic?
You really want me to dig up the threads of you making an a$$ of yourself arguing about offsides?
They are right at my fingertips.
Just so as to not distract from this thread, I will give you the links instead so that you can view them in secret. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Here. Read, remind yourself and weep:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=295748
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292169&hilit=offside&start=506
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=292169&hilit=offside&start=529

Meanwhile we are still waiting for your findings on the salaries of Keshi and Oliseh.
No luck? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hestonap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm Personally I think Rohr sucks and would rate him only slightly higher than Vogts. I don’t think he should have been hired in the 1st place and If I had my way, he should have been sacked after the WC in Russia.

But we are where we are and knowing how attention to fine details is not exactly laced into our DNA as Nigerians never mind the NFF, I’d say leave the man be for now unless we truly have a proven coach who is willing to work for free, allow his team play on rubbish pitches, put up with our NFF shenanigans etc. Since we know no coach worth his name, dime and reputation will take us up on that offer, I say let Rohr be.

For a bit of context, clamouring for an Eagles coach to be sacked in the midst of a qualification series or prior to a major competition is a very Nigerian norm.

How many remember Westerhof’s head been called for leading up to CAN/WC 94 after qualifications. I remember write ups in Complete Football outrightly calling for his outright dismissal to talks about engaging an assistant.

I remember how that particular WCQ campaign threw up a whole industry of eloquent ‘football analysts’ the Dudu Orumens of this world, regurgitated known names like Mitchell Obi, Paul Bassey, Dalandi Bako, etc. I also remember folks in the print Complete football and it’s sister publication International Soccer Review- Tijani, Sunny Ojeagbase, Solaja etc

Unfortunately those were the days before the internet became readily available so there are no easy archives to turn to.

In fact, I recall the late Alex Akinyele as NSC chairman or was it Sports Minister ‘stormed’ into the dressing room in Oran, Algeria at the final WCQ. Game in 1993 at half time to express his apparent disdain for how ‘badly’ the Eagles were playing, including threatening to have Westerhof fired, until he himself was sacked by the late Abacha.

How many here remember Philippe Troussier qualified Nigeria with one game to spare for WC98 but somehow got kicked off because folks were unhappy with how his team played and we ended up with Bora. The rest as they say is history.

Even the big boss had his own battles leading up to Brazil. We know how the NFF allegedly were negotiating with another to take his place before a quarter final game against CIV.

Push it a bit further, some would argue we probably would have been at WC90 instead of Milla et al if the then NFA had left Hamilton in place rather than have Westerhof in at the last minute.

The most Nigerian football thing to do is to advocate for change when we are not prepared to manage the said change effectively. Our history proves it very conclusively if I may say so.

Once again I do not think Rohr is good enough for Nigeria. I think he is like Sam Alladyce, good at keeping relegation bound teams from going under. Once in a while he may stumble upon an Okocha that lets his team into the finals off a 3rd rate cup final. But no serious team with aspirations beyond keeping their neck above water will give him a job. The gods really smiled on England that he went after a game. What a bloody lucky nation in footballing terms that is.

Rohr is in the mould of Alladyce. Good for 2nd rate footballing nations but not for a serious nation.

We may by passion be a ‘first’ nation in footballing terms but our administration of the game is 4th rate. We suck phat balls and many of us in our hearts know it. Hence Rohr is our man.

Almost 30 years after making our World Cup debut and years of having had the opportunity of exposing ourselves to the best, the fundamentals of our game and administration remain the same - fine we won the WC for best jersey. Coaches aren’t paid. Pitches are an embarrassment. Bonuses are not paid on time. NFF administrators allegedly trying got influence player selection etc.

So please leave Rohr in place. We honestly can not do any better. This is truly our footballing level.

For the avoidance of doubt, leading up to match day, I will put on my and support my GWG but I learnt a long time ago to detach my emotions as best possible from Nigerian football. I remain an Eagles fan, with many scars of painful and self sabotaging defeats to prove it as I believe most here.

So let’s be very honest with ourselves. What is it in our knowledge and administration of the game beyond the 11 men we l in E up at a particular point in time that truly entitles us to call ourselves elites of the sport.

We have enough history to let you know 90% of the time we get it wrong and every now and again the stars somehow align for us.

Here’s hoping to another alignment but please don’t hold your breath. We are once again likely about to underachieve with a bunch of players available to us and somehow we are not and won’t be able to do anything about it.

It’s like watching a tragedy unfolding in real time and you can diddly squat about it.
Sometimes a post comes along and every else has to just STFU and listen.
Excellent post with a heavy dose of reality.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Most admirably, the recollection of detail (usually conveniently edited out) is second to none.
Thanks hestonap.
You be the man.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:25 pm
hestonap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm
Not true sir. France 98 qualification is at par with 2018 WC qualification.
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Chief....fear God nah.
"At par'' like how?

Is this what you bullishly choose to believe or what you have checked with somebody else's spectacles?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:23 pm :oops: :oops: :oops:
Chief....fear God nah.
"At par'' like how?

Is this what you bullishly choose to believe or what you have checked with somebody else's spectacles?
Let me help you out!!!!

Nigeria was the 1st team qualify for France '98 excluding the host and defending champions. SE qualified with a game to spare. Pretty impressive :D :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:26 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:23 pm :oops: :oops: :oops:
Chief....fear God nah.
"At par'' like how?

Let me help you out!!!!

Nigeria was the 1st team qualify for France '98 excluding the host and defending champions. SE qualified with a game to spare. Pretty impressive :D :D
Impressve yes, but that was simply a matter of fixture timing.
Delay the game by 24 or even a mere 4 hrs and that 'record ' might not exist. Nothing to do with what actually transpired on the field.

Have you by any chance looked at the actual games played in both qualification run-ups?
6-4-1-1-10-4-13.
8-5-2-1*-13-5-17.

:taunt:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:38 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Impressve yes, but that was simply a matter of fixture timing.
Delay the game by 24 or even a mere 4 hrs and that 'record ' might not exist. Nothing to do with what actually transpired on the field.

Have you by any chance looked at the actual games played in both qualification run-ups?
6-4-1-1-10-4-13.
8-5-2-1*-13-5-17.

:taunt:
Why are you always emotional when someone pulls a record of a Nigerian coach that is better than Rohr?

I didn't know CAF and FIFA give points for second round games :taunt: :taunt:
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cheers.

Cheers.
Don't be quick to make such statements without the facts. Now let's look at some facts...

Keshi was paid N5m per month in 2013 and it was increased to N7m per month in 2014. Keshi initially wanted N15m per month after his "success" at the World Cup but the NFF negotiated it down to N7m per month. You can work out how much that came to in USD back then. And the full money was for Keshi only, not including payment for any personal assistants.

Now Rohr started off earning $47,000 per month in 2016. And that figure also included the salaries of his 3 personal assistants (an adviser, a fitness trainer and a video analyzer). And he then took a pay cut in the new contract that he signed last year but the figure is not public.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:47 pm
Don't be quick to make such statements without the facts. Now let's look at some facts...

Keshi was paid N5m per month in 2013 and it was increased to N7m per month in 2014. Keshi initially wanted N15m per month after his "success" at the World Cup but the NFF negotiated it down to N7m per month. You can work out how much that came to in USD back then. And the full money was for Keshi only, not including payment for any personal assistants.

Now Rohr started off earning $47,000 per month in 2016. And that figure also included the salaries of his 3 personal assistants (an adviser, a fitness trainer and a video analyzer). And he then took a pay cut in the new contract that he signed last year but the figure is not public.
We were told Rohr had offers after WC. Why would he reject those offers, only to take a pay cut! Pleaseeee!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:28 pm

We were told Rohr had offers after WC. Why would he reject those offers, only to take a pay cut! Pleaseeee!
You should know people make claims about other offers when negotiating. Nothing new. So it could be true or not true. But it still doesn’t mean he can’t stay on the same job with lesser pay over moving to a new job with more pay.

So let’s assume he didn’t accept a pay cut and his salary remained the same, how different is his salary compared to Keshi’s? They the crux of my response to the poster.,

shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

hestonap wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:05 pm Personally I think Rohr sucks and would rate him only slightly higher than Vogts. I don’t think he should have been hired in the 1st place and If I had my way, he should have been sacked after the WC in Russia.

Brilliant.
Very well articulated sir :clap: :clap: :clap:

No unnecessary emotional rant. :sneaky:

We all know we can and should do better than Rohr. The man didn't hire himself or force himself on us.

Let's treat the root cause and not symptoms for once, or the vicious cycle of emotional hiring and firing with no long term planning continues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cheers.

Cheers.

Facts? :rotf: :rotf:
TTTK doesn’t deal with facts. His ‘own goals’ are legendary. This is just another addition to his collection.
He’d rather kill the facts and argue with his eyes closed.

Between late 2011 and mid 2014, the exchange rate for the USD to the Naira averaged about 160, give or take a bit.
N5m/month came to about $31,000 plus.
N7m/month came to just under $44,000

According to TTTK’s school mathematics book and home-made calculator, that was about a quarter of Rohr’s salary.
”First of all, Rohr currently makes 4 times what either Keshi or oliseh were being paid”
…he says, with absolute authority.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Nothing else to add….. :clap:

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.

Cheers.

Who’s making statements without facts, you or I?

As of 2014, Keshi’s reported salary was N5,000,000 monthly, same as Amodu. Late in 2014, after the World Cup, it was reported that Keshi had, in principle, agreed to a contract renewal worth N7,000,000 monthly. The renewal was supposed to go into effect in January of 2015 but that rumor was never officially confirmed.

Now, Rohr’s current salary is reportedly €45,000 ($49,000) monthly. On April 29, 2020, ESPN reported that Rohr was willing to accept a pay cut from his $55,000 monthly salary to remain coach of the SuperEagles. Based on reports of his current salary, it would appear he did take a $6.000 monthly pay cut. For the sake of argument, let’s assume that your figures are correct and that Rohr does make $47,000 monthly. That, using the current exchange rate, translates to N19,306,190 (N26,790, 000 in the black market) monthly. Isn’t that 3 to 4 times Keshi’s purported salary of N7,000,000 and 4 to 5 times Amodu’s salary? Perhaps, you are privy to other facts that I’m not aware of? If not, what the heck are you and your mutual lackey Damunk talking about❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.