Awoniyi and Osimhen...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Awoniyi and Osimhen...

Post by Tobi17 »

How can these guys be elite for their clubs and yet be missing easy chances like that? Awoniyi literally missed an open net, ditto Osimhen two occasions... I believe we will beat CAR in the return leg but man... Rohr has got to go after that shocking performance today, this is utterly disgraceful.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi and Osimhen...

Post by vancity eagle »

I believe Awoniyi's shot was blocked.

Osimehn misses chances, this isn't unknown. Bushboy highlighted the fact and was attacked. Not saying I agree with him completely but he is right in that aspect.

Truth be told though, neither Osimehn or Awoniyi got much service.

Our attack is so one dimensional, we need a maestro in the middle to give us more options.

Ejuke should have been deployed centrally. Dont know why dummy Rohr cannot figure that out.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 pm I believe Awoniyi's shot was blocked.

Osimehn misses chances, this isn't unknown. Bushboy highlighted the fact and was attacked. Not saying I agree with him completely but he is right in that aspect.

Our attack is so one dimensional, we need a maestro in the middle to give us more options.

Ejuke should have been deployed centrally. Dont know why dummy Rohr cannot figure that out.
That is where a good coach comes in. A good coach will be looking for good mid-fielders: Call the younger Nwakali, entice Eze to sign for Nigeria, and hope Ndidi is healthy again to man the middle of the field.
As for this coach, I don,t know what to tell him.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 pm How can these guys be elite for their clubs and yet be missing easy chances like that? sioAwoniyi literally missed an open net, ditto Osimhen two occans... I believe we will beat CAR in the return leg but man... Rohr has got to go after that shocking performance today, this is utterly disgraceful.
May be na Congolese Juju. ah! dey dia.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 pm I believe Awoniyi's shot was blocked.

He was in 2hf

Its not about having a maestro in the middle; how do teams without maestros survive?

Its about designing play, movement, overloads, and esp tempo of passing. We have not had that in 5-6yrs
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:43 pm

He was in 2hf

Its not about having a maestro in the middle; how do teams without maestros survive?

Its about designing play, movement, overloads, and esp tempo of passing. We have not had that in 5-6yrs
Ejuke was not deployed to the middle in the 2nd half

He simply drifted there at times but primarily remained on the left wing. The one or two times he drifted there he created the games best chance. He needed to be there permenently with Aribo and Onyeka behind him and Kalu on the wing.

Rohr messed up bringing in Awoniyi for Iheanacho in the same fruitless 442 formation.

He then messed up again bringing in Musa for one of two midfielders, and its no surprise we conceeded soon after.

Rohr must be detained, tortured, and then schooled on the purpose of a fricking midfield.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

When Ejuke drifted into the middle, we started to create more chances... well there's the hint you need.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:50 pm
txj wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:43 pm

He was in 2hf

Ejuke was not deployed to the middle in the 2nd half

He simply drifted there at times but primarily remained on the left wing. The one or two times he drifted there he created the games best chance. He needed to be there permenently with Aribo and Onyeka behind him and Kalu on the wing.

Rohr messed up bringing in Awoniyi for Iheanacho in the same fruitless 442 formation.

He then messed up again bringing in Musa for one of two midfielders, and its no surprise we conceeded soon after.

Rohr must be detained, tortured, and then schooled on the purpose of a fricking midfield.

Players do not simply drift where they like at this level.

Simon similarly moved central.

But that really is not the issue.

The real point is having moved them central, what next?

He was quite reluctant to push Collins high once Ejuke moved central. So he ended up not really stretching CAR wide; nor did he get any overloads, relying more on the dribble from ejuke to break the lines...

And on the right, Awoniyi's entrance raised the tempo of the game from its prior sleepy tempo...

And it wasn't a 4-4-2 in reality; more a 4-4-1-1
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

If they where being supplied balls into box every 4 minutes I’ll be concerned but yesterday Nigeria didn’t want to move the ball anywhere that could’ve made an impact,it was actually Oshimen that played the best pass of the game but Awoniyi probably wasn’t expecting it.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Nigeria has average defenders and midfielders so you cannot blame Osimhen and Awoniyi.
We need to play ballers who are confident with the ball from back to front.
Ekong, Balogun and Collins are not strong on the ball.
Overall it was a very timid display by the team. They should be able to correct the lapses in the return leg.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 pm How can these guys be elite for their clubs and yet be missing easy chances like that? Awoniyi literally missed an open net, ditto Osimhen two occasions... I believe we will beat CAR in the return leg but man... Rohr has got to go after that shocking performance today, this is utterly disgraceful.
Really? I though Osimhen was already better than Lukaku as claimed by some members of this forum. I saw Lukaku take 2 chances brilliantly against FRANCE yesterday, while Victor could not finish chances AT home against the mighty CAR!!!

My brodas, I will say it again, I REALLY LIKE Osimhen, and I want him to succeed. But my like for him will never prevent me from telling the plain and simple truth of what I see. He will NEVER be a world class striker. He doesn't have the most essential element needed for a striker...FINISHING. He misses too many chances. It is that simple.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:09 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:22 pm How can these guys be elite for their clubs and yet be missing easy chances like that? Awoniyi literally missed an open net, ditto Osimhen two occasions... I believe we will beat CAR in the return leg but man... Rohr has got to go after that shocking performance today, this is utterly disgraceful.
Really? I though Osimhen was already better than Lukaku as claimed by some members of this forum. I saw Lukaku take 2 chances brilliantly against FRANCE yesterday, while Victor could not finish chances AT home against the mighty CAR!!!

My brodas, I will say it again, I REALLY LIKE Osimhen, and I want him to succeed. But my like for him will never prevent me from telling the plain and simple truth of what I see. He will NEVER be a world class striker. He doesn't have the most essential element needed for a striker...FINISHING. He misses too many chances. It is that simple.
But you act as if that is something that can’t be learned or improved on over time. Other admirers can see that he has a lot of other tools that simply can’t be taught, however he can improve the one you keep harping on.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm

But you act as if that is something that can’t be learned or improved on over time. Other admirers can see that he has a lot of other tools that simply can’t be taught, however he can improve the one you keep harping on.
My broda, the "one I keep harping on" is the most important quality in a striker. You can have all the "other tools" in the world, but if you don't score you can NEVER win. Best possible result is a draw. I will pick a striker who has no other tools but will score most of his chances to onw with every tool in the world who will miss 5 to score 1. That's just me sha. To each his own.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Osimhen's chances were difficult or one's that he created through his own endeavor. The only chance I would say he fluffed was the one from Iheanacho's pass in the first half, and he nearly scored an amazing goal in the play that led to Taiwo's chance. Taiwo's miss was clearly blocked by the defender, it was given as a corner. The bigger problem was that the wingers and advanced midfielders could not provide them anything more than half chances. Even the corners and freekicks barely gave them a chance to do anything.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We had ZERO shots on goal.

Let that sink in.

The problem was not the strikers.

The games best chance, and really only clear chance all match, was when Ejuke started doing what I have been screaming for the dummy coach to get his team to do.

I hope the dummy has learned.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The big teams are all taking care of business in their groups against the minnows, meanwhile we are losing to CAR at home smh...Ivory Coast, Morocco, Mali have all impressed so far with emphatic wins
Last edited by Tobi17 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bushboy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:23 pm

My broda, the "one I keep harping on" is the most important quality in a striker. You can have all the "other tools" in the world, but if you don't score you can NEVER win. Best possible result is a draw. I will pick a striker who has no other tools but will score most of his chances to onw with every tool in the world who will miss 5 to score 1. That's just me sha. To each his own.
He does score…so what exactly are you talking about?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:58 pm The big teams are all taking care of business in their groups against the minnows, meanwhile we are losing to CAR at home smh...Ivory Coast, Morocco, Mali have all impressed so far with emphatic wins
have you noticed the standard of the pitches they played on ?

Yes Rohr is a poor coach, but lets not act like we aren't shooting ourselves with that disgrace of a pitch. It is a factor in all of this.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:14 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:58 pm The big teams are all taking care of business in their groups against the minnows, meanwhile we are losing to CAR at home smh...Ivory Coast, Morocco, Mali have all impressed so far with emphatic wins
have you noticed the standard of the pitches they played on ?

Yes Rohr is a poor coach, but lets not act like we aren't shooting ourselves with that disgrace of a pitch. It is a lot factor in all of this.
Let’s see how we do in Cameroon on a better surface, but our problems are much bigger than that and I know you know that…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

He misses lots of chances and still has a fantastic record of scoring a goal in every 2 games for both country and club? Which striker doesn't miss chances and how many strikers have a better record?
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

bushboy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:23 pm

He misses lots of chances and still has a fantastic record of scoring a goal in every 2 games for both country and club? Which striker doesn't miss chances and how many strikers have a better record? Abeg dey try do some research before posting.