Pitso Mosimane just left AL Ahly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Pitso Mosimane just left AL Ahly

Post by Tobi17 »

I think NFF should go for him, top coach who had Al Ahly playing a beautiful brand of football and they just won the Egyptian league recently under him.
tedder89
Egg
Egg
Re: Pitso Mosimane just left AL Ahly

Post by tedder89 »

Interesting......Sundowns played some good football too

However, we owe Rohr at least US$360K; if we attempt to sack him add the rest of his contract to that......

It aint happening......
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 pm I think NFF should go for him, top coach who had Al Ahly playing a beautiful brand of football and they just won the Egyptian league recently under him.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I have been calling for Pitso for a while.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:23 pm I have been calling for Pitso for a while.
Pitso is a much higher profile guy than Rohr. However, I do not think he will be available when it is time for the NFF to pull the trigger.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

tedder89 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 pm Interesting......Sundowns played some good football too

However, we owe Rohr at least US$360K; if we attempt to sack him add the rest of his contract to that......

It aint happening......
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 pm I think NFF should go for him, top coach who had Al Ahly playing a beautiful brand of football and they just won the Egyptian league recently under him.
NFF should negotiate with some private companies or investors to assist in paying off this German waste of space so we have finally have some semblance of sanity in our football... I wish a Dangote could just answer the prayer of millions of Nigerians by stepping up. Ghana and Egypt were having a string of very poor results laced with pathetic football and took the firebrand approach of firing the underperforming coaches, and then appointing new ones even in the thick of qualifiers... those are serious countries that don't joke around and are willing to take risk to salvage their football. NFF should cut some deals with top investors as regards Rohr’s salary and see him off through the door. Imagine what a superb coach like Pitso can do with this team/
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

@Tobi17, please look for the clip Iworo posted in the Rohr contract thread to get the background on Rohr's salary

There IS a sponsor: Aiteo, they just decided to stop paying........
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:33 pm
tedder89 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 pm Interesting......Sundowns played some good football too

It aint happening......
NFF should negotiate with some private companies or investors to assist in paying off this German waste of space so we have finally have some semblance of sanity in our football... I wish a Dangote could just answer the prayer of millions of Nigerians by stepping up. Ghana and Egypt were having a string of very poor results laced with pathetic football and took the firebrand approach of firing the underperforming coaches, and then appointing new ones even in the thick of qualifiers... those are serious countries that don't joke around and are willing to take risk to salvage their football. NFF should cut some deals with top investors as regards Rohr’s salary and see him off through the door. Imagine what a superb coach like Pitso can do with this team/
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

south africa has always played quick, nice passing football, its just that their players are average.

If you could wave a wand and suddenly change Rohr for Pitso, I will do so in a heartbeat. But reality is much more complicated.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Pitso would be a good choice. But I'm not sure he would want to come here and be owed. And he is black so he won't get the same amount of patience that Rohr has been given
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Pitso is a big fan of the Super Eagles and it would be a good combination but I doubt the NFF will buy into it.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 am Pitso is a big fan of the Super Eagles and it would be a good combination but I doubt the NFF will buy into it.
Too early to abandon Rohr :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Dammy wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:36 am Pitso is a big fan of the Super Eagles and it would be a good combination but I doubt the NFF will buy into it.
There we go again. And what exactly makes this guy better than Amuneke or Finidi? They are very qualified, are wonderful products of the core of our football culture, and have excelled at the highest international levels.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

It aint happening......
How do you expect to qualify for the WORLD CUP if you can't even pay your coach? :roll:

Player bonuses were not being paid and there was discontent. I don't even know what the update is on that. But these things affect team morale in more ways than you can imagine.

How can you achieve anything of note with a half-assed attempt? Why even bother? This is the question I keep asking. We're handicapped off the blocks.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:47 am Pitso would be a good choice. But I'm not sure he would want to come here and be owed. And he is black so he won't get the same amount of patience that Rohr has been given
There are still many on this site making excuses for Rohr.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx