Fire Rohr ....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Fire Rohr ....

Post by 1naija »

... and hire Finidi ASAP. It's not like we are going anywhere with Rohr.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Fire Rohr ....

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:18 am ... and hire Finidi ASAP. It's not like we are going anywhere with Rohr.
I've been saying this for eons, I would rather we take a chance with and risk failure with a Amunike and Finidi than see us sink lower with this clown... The useless NFF buffoons have dug themselves into a cul-de-sac here by owing this man for months, now we have to stick with his garbage till his contract runs out its course... I'm not wasting my time by placing any high expectations on this team any more.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

I doubt Rohr will get a job in the second division in Europe's top leagues. We always hire these come from nowhere oyibos to coach simply because we have low self-esteem. We are quick to fire the likes of Keshi or Amodu (both Rip), while the likes of Rohr get 5 years to develop a team. Rohr said this team will be ready by 2022, it's 2021 now, and still nothing to show for it.

If it's Finidi or Amuneke or any black coach from Europe (They don't get chances) let's give them a chance.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:18 am ... and hire Finidi ASAP. It's not like we are going anywhere with Rohr.
We should have fired him AFTER the last WC! He failed then BUT we allowed him to repeat the class by renewing his contract later

He has not failed in his second attempt so no need to sack him now.

Yes I agree that we cannot do worse with any coach at this time. What is worse than losing to the likes of CAR and Madagascar :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 am I doubt Rohr will get a job in the second division in Europe's top leagues. We always hire these come from nowhere oyibos to coach simply because we have low self-esteem. We are quick to fire the likes of Keshi or Amodu (both Rip), while the likes of Rohr get 5 years to develop a team. Rohr said this team will be ready by 2022, it's 2021 now, and still nothing to show for it.

If it's Finidi or Amuneke or any black coach from Europe (They don't get chances) let's give them a chance.
Quick to fire Keshi ?

Who failed to qualify for a common nationas cup finishing third in his group.

You can make a case for Amodu, but Keshis sack was well deserved.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:12 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:11 am I doubt Rohr will get a job in the second division in Europe's top leagues. We always hire these come from nowhere oyibos to coach simply because we have low self-esteem. We are quick to fire the likes of Keshi or Amodu (both Rip), while the likes of Rohr get 5 years to develop a team. Rohr said this team will be ready by 2022, it's 2021 now, and still nothing to show for it.

Quick to fire Keshi ?

Who failed to qualify for a common nationas cup finishing third in his group.

You can make a case for Amodu, but Keshis sack was well deserved.
You talk a lot of shameful rubbish - full of bile and ignorance.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The man is owed eight to nine months salary and you expect commitment?

Midfield was the problem. With no replacements for the injured core players.

We have been promised players who will make miraculous impact in the team, forgetting developing players (HB) as plan B.

Rohr should stay and complete his contract.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

If he loses against CAR on Sunday, then he deserves to be sacked. No excuses.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

what has Findi done to warrant the job?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I gave up on that manager after just two matches at Russia 2018 - you hardly see me post on Super Eagles after that world cup and with that man still in charge. It's a waste of time.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:34 pm I gave up on that manager after just two matches at Russia 2018 - you hardly see me post on Super Eagles after that world cup and with that man still in charge. It's a waste of time.
We were very underwhelmed at the stadium. Sometimes you can lose a game and have something to hold on to but against Croatia in 2018 it was very flat.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

YemiBrazil wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:34 pm I gave up on that manager after just two matches at Russia 2018 - you hardly see me post on Super Eagles after that world cup and with that man still in charge. It's a waste of time.
I removed him from any considerations after losing to SA at home.

You know a chick that will turn into a cockerel early enough...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:22 am If he loses against CAR on Sunday, then he deserves to be sacked. No excuses.
No.

Anything less than a win he should be sacked on the spot.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:24 pm what has Findi done to warrant the job?
He is Nigerian.

That is all that matters for many.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:38 pm
We were very underwhelmed at the stadium. Sometimes you can lose a game and have something to hold on to but against Croatia in 2018 it was very flat.
that is a lie.

The game was very even.

We were very unlucky we conceeded a fluke own goal, and then Ekong gave away a stupid penalty. Other than that the match was even.

Both teams played like they respected each other. Remember Croatia finished 2nd.

I dont like Rohr, but you guys dont have to LIE to make your point.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 pm
that is a lie.

The game was very even.

We were very unlucky we conceeded a fluke own goal, and then Ekong gave away a stupid penalty. Other than that the match was even.

Both teams played like they respected each other. Remember Croatia finished 2nd.

The game was flat and underwhelming, that is the absolute truth we all watched that match and came away with that feeling. Not saying it was uneven, but it was flat and boring from both sides, but when they attacked they definitely created more credible chances than we did. The commentators were questioning where our so called speed was, why was our team so pedestrian.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:55 pm
that is a lie.

The game was very even.

The game was flat and underwhelming, that is the absolute truth we all watched that match and came away with that feeling. Not saying it was uneven, but it was flat and boring from both sides, but when they attacked they definitely created more credible chances than we did. The commentators were questioning where our so called speed was, why was our team so pedestrian.
Tbf CAR had only two fluke chances all game that came from two random and speculative long balls from deep (one of which led to a goal) ...no thanks to Ekong and Balogun that somehow forgot the basics of defending simple long balls, otherwise Uzoho might as well have taken a nap in goal... it's not as if they constantly sliced us open with superb football like you make it seem, the misses from Osimhen and Awoniyi were more gilt-edged and unpardonable... but we move on to Sunday I guess.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:28 pm
that is a lie.

The game was very even.

Tbf CAR had only two fluke chances all game that came from two random and speculative long balls from deep (one of which led to a goal) ...no thanks to Ekong and Balogun that somehow forgot the basics of defending simple long balls, otherwise Uzoho might as well have taken a nap in goal... it's not as if they constantly sliced us open with superb football like you make it seem, the misses from Osimhen and Awoniyi were more gilt-edged and unpardonable... but we move on to Sunday I guess.
Oh I was talking about the Croatia game that van city is trying to rewrite the history for…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:53 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:28 pm
that is a lie.

The game was very even.

Oh I was talking about the Croatia game that van city is trying to rewrite the history for…
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi is very upset at the moment so please forgive him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

that is a lie.

The game was very even.

What is a lie? That we were underwhelmed at the stadium? Were you at the stadium? I was at the stadium with Robbynice. Larry was there too. Even being the optimist that he is, he will tell you that it was very flat. The game did not seem even at all.

But let us humour you and see what the news outlets thought -

Maybe BBC was lying too -
By and large, Gernot Rohr's inexperienced team were every bit as subdued as their shirts
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44422185

Or those liars at Sky https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... p-d-opener
Croatia sit top of World Cup Group D after a comfortable 2-0 win over Nigeria in Kaliningrad on Saturday evening.
The lying was even more blatant from the Evening Standard https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 64801.html
Croatia - pegged by many as dark horses for the tournament - were in control for much of the game, and took a deserved lead into the interval before Luka Modric tucked home a second-half penalty to wrap up three crucial early points in the tournament.
There may have been an element of fortune about the opening goal as Mario Mandzukic's header was deflected into his own net by Oghenekaro Etebo after 32 minutes, but it was the least Croatia deserved as Nigeria failed to rise to the occasion.
The Super Eagles offered little of note going forward, with Chelsea's Victor Moses resorting to a number of theatrical falls while Alex Iwobi was taken off after a quiet hour of football for the Arsenal playmaker.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Did you check Rohr's record before making the emboldened statement? Maybe his best years are gone by but he managed a few clubs in top leagues in Europe in the past and even led Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final.

Meanwhile, his target is to guide the team to win the 2021 Africa Nation's Cup and qualification to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:29 am

Did you check Rohr's record before making the emboldened statement? Maybe his best years are gone by but he managed a few clubs in top leagues in Europe in the past and even led Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final.

Meanwhile, his target is to guide the team to win the 2021 Africa Nation's Cup and qualification to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
That was 25 years ago, so what exactly is your point?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:22 am If he loses against CAR on Sunday, then he deserves to be sacked. No excuses.
Lolly

Even without a manager, Nigeria will NOT lose in Cameroon to CAR. The target is not a simple 1-0 win but a dominating performance and annihilation of CAR. Anything less will not rescue an ounce of worth for Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics