Aribo, Ekong and Balogun

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Aribo, Ekong and Balogun

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Are these players on current form good enough for the African game? The league in Scotland is one of the weakest in Europe and we can see the current standards of Leon and Aribo.. They both aren't being tested week in week out when they match up against the likes of Dundee, St Marrien , Aberdeen, Hearts etc. We saw how they both performed way below par.

Also Ekong has no clue on how to play the ball on the ground, dude chooses to boot the ball way forward as if he has any good passing range.. Constantly he avoided the simple passes to his full backs and CMs. ( the most upsetting thing is Ekong is the SE captain and Aribo wears the number 10 jersey. This is so annoying )
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Aribo, Ekong and Balogun

Post by Tobi17 »

I've been saying this for long but nobody paid attention... Aribo and Ekong in particular are just not cut out for the style of football we play, that midfield desperately fresh legs... The likes of Obinna, Nwakali, Alhassan Yusuf, Ejaria (whatever is going on with his switch) can bring so much depth and quality to this team... but ROHRbish is too obstinate or just daft to see this.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:38 pm I've been saying this for long but nobody paid attention... Aribo and Ekong in particular are just not cut out for the style of football we play, that midfield desperately fresh legs... The likes of Obinna, Nwakali, Alhassan Yusuf, Ejaria (whatever is going on with his switch) can bring so much depth and quality to this team... but ROHRbish is too obstinate or just daft to see this.
I don’t get why there is so much disrespect for the likes of Omeruo and Awaziem, truth is they are Nigerian style defenders, as in they are comfortable playing out from the back with clean accurate passes. They might also make mistakes defensively but they have a higher upside if you want to play attacking footie. Which is why Keshi went with Omeruo and Oboabona even though Yobo was probably the better defender. But he was very poor in possession so doesn’t help our build up from the back. It’s the same with Balogun and Ekong who are even worse than Yobo. But seems our defensive coach loves his onyibo wall even though when you look at the goals conceded stats you see that they actually aren’t that solid.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:38 pm I've been saying this for long but nobody paid attention... Aribo and Ekong in particular are just not cut out for the style of football we play, that midfield desperately fresh legs... The likes of Obinna, Nwakali, Alhassan Yusuf, Ejaria (whatever is going on with his switch) can bring so much depth and quality to this team... but ROHRbish is too obstinate or just daft to see this.
I don’t get why there is so much disrespect for the likes of Omeruo and Awaziem, truth is they are Nigerian style defenders, as in they are comfortable playing out from the back with clean accurate passes. They might also make mistakes defensively but they have a higher upside if you want to play attacking footie. Which is why Keshi went with Omeruo and Oboabona even though Yobo was probably the better defender. But he was very poor in possession so doesn’t help our build up from the back. It’s the same with Balogun and Ekong who are even worse than Yobo. But seems our defensive coach loves his onyibo wall even though when you look at the goals conceded stats you see that they actually aren’t that solid.
both aren't good defenders. Why bench Awaziem and Omeruo , who both played vs CapeVerde away. Ekong cost us the worldcup with a pathetic PK vs Croatia. Balogun has issues with cartoons and cars . They are both living on past performances and let us be honest Mikel covered all their short comings during the WCQs in 2018
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

you are dissing the Scottish league but trying to hype a guy playing in the Spanish 2nd division, and why no mention of the passenger from Cyprus who always seems to be called up when there are many superior options the fool ignores.

Awaziem looks good but not sure about Omeruo.

That guy makes plenty of defensive mistakes.

As for Ekong booting the ball, that will happen when your entire team is static and not giving him options to pass.

I have been watching other teams in Africa, and our play was so slow and lazy, very static. pathetic all round.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Aribo is a good player, but he is being let down by Rohr's tactical ineptness.

He could even be used as an AM with Onyeka and Bonke behind him, but Rohr has to stick to his old stupid ways.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:04 pm Aribo is a good player, but he is being let down by Rohr's tactical ineptness.

He could even be used as an AM with Onyeka and Bonke behind him, but Rohr has to stick to his old stupid ways.
Aribo didn’t play badly yesterday. Though he plays better with Ndidi behind him.

And Ekong and Balogun didn’t play badly either until the mistake by Balogun that led to the goal.

We need to cut these guys some slack. The whole team is not balanced. Our midfield yesterday was poor and ineffective. The four midfielders we started with yesterday cannot compare to any midfield we have had in the last 20 years. The combination is not good enough.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

I don't know why these players are being grouped together? They aren't really similar at all. Aribo is one of the top passers in the team and can be adventurous going forward, which is needed, the question is whether he has the physicality and toughness to play where he is being deployed in African football, especially without a warrior like Ndidi sitting next to him. He definitely has a place in the team, though. Ekong to me is the best pure defender Nigeria has, by a distance, he has technical limitations, but nothing terrible, generally the long balls only come when the midfielders aren't progressing the football. Balogun is a level below Ekong; just an average player, but a leader in the team. I don't think he's good enough to start for Nigeria (and needs dropping for that error), but I'm not sure anyone behind him is good enough, either, it's a weak position overall, Omeruo has had many chances for Nigeria and generally just been average to me, I'd like to see Awaziem tried, but his longest run in SE was as a right back if we are being honest. Unfortunately, the long term is answer is not in the team at the moment, whether it be a young player yet to break through or someone yet to complete a FIFA switch like Adarabioyo.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olumide wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 pm I don't know why these players are being grouped together? They aren't really similar at all. Aribo is one of the top passers in the team and can be adventurous going forward, which is needed, the question is whether he has the physicality and toughness to play where he is being deployed in African football, especially without a warrior like Ndidi sitting next to him. He definitely has a place in the team, though. Ekong to me is the best pure defender Nigeria has, by a distance, he has technical limitations, but nothing terrible, generally the long balls only come when the midfielders aren't progressing the football. Balogun is a level below Ekong; just an average player, but a leader in the team. I don't think he's good enough to start for Nigeria (and needs dropping for that error), but I'm not sure anyone behind him is good enough, either, it's a weak position overall, Omeruo has had many chances for Nigeria and generally just been average to me, I'd like to see Awaziem tried, but his longest run in SE was as a right back if we are being honest. Unfortunately, the long term is answer is not in the team at the moment, whether it be a young player yet to break through or someone yet to complete a FIFA switch like Adarabioyo.
Kpom! Ekong and Awazien seem the best possible pairing, Awazien is probably the best with the ball at his. Feetthat we have and he's a good marker . Rohr hasn't played enough players at the CD position to truly give us options.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:09 am
olumide wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:29 pm I don't know why these players are being grouped together? They aren't really similar at all. Aribo is one of the top passers in the team and can be adventurous going forward, which is needed, the question is whether he has the physicality and toughness to play where he is being deployed in African football, especially without a warrior like Ndidi sitting next to him. He definitely has a place in the team, though. Ekong to me is the best pure defender Nigeria has, by a distance, he has technical limitations, but nothing terrible, generally the long balls only come when the midfielders aren't progressing the football. Balogun is a level below Ekong; just an average player, but a leader in the team. I don't think he's good enough to start for Nigeria (and needs dropping for that error), but I'm not sure anyone behind him is good enough, either, it's a weak position overall, Omeruo has had many chances for Nigeria and generally just been average to me, I'd like to see Awaziem tried, but his longest run in SE was as a right back if we are being honest. Unfortunately, the long term is answer is not in the team at the moment, whether it be a young player yet to break through or someone yet to complete a FIFA switch like Adarabioyo.
Kpom! Ekong and Awazien seem the best possible pairing, Awazien is probably the best with the ball at his. Feetthat we have and he's a good marker . Rohr hasn't played enough players at the CD position to truly give us options.
This insufferable moron is all over the place :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: