Sack Rohr now before it's too late - Sunday Oliseh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Sack Rohr now before it's too late - Sunday Oliseh

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

The 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner in an interview with ‘Saturday Punch’, stated that Nigeria’s football has retrogressed under the German tactician in the past five years.

“It’s disgusting the level the coach has taken our football to. I watched the game and we didn’t have a definite pattern and a philosophy of how we play. I dare ask what he has achieved in five years with these talented players at his disposal.

“Since his appointment, this coach has been paid $55,000 per month, the sum of $2,640,000 by a country where the U-17, U-23, the Super Falcons and Super Eagles are threatening strike for unpaid wages. Put that in perspective for a moment, our football is not the same as it was. We need a fresh direction before it’s too late.”

https://www.completesports.com/sack-roh ... te-oliseh/
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sack Rohr now before it's too late - Sunday Oliseh

Post by Odas »

Though I think coach Rohr should be relieved of the Super eagles (SE) coaching position, but who does my homeboy (Olise) plan to replace Rohr with?

On another hand, will the new coach go more than SIX MONTHS without pay and continue to work? What did Olise himself do when he had the opportunity to coach the SE?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Den don come.

Nigerian didn’t qualify for AFCON in 2015 and 2017, and this one is saying our football has retrogressed. I can only blame memory loss.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

who is watching Ghana ?

they sacked their coach after poor results and brought back Rajevac.

They are playing beautiful passing football, plenty of movement and interchanging.

My only problem with sacking Rohr, if it is even possible, is that I am not confident the NFF would replace him with somebody better.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Oliseh has denied making these comments.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 pm Oliseh has denied making these comments.
Thank God for that.
Coming from him, it would have been below the belt and rather hypocritical.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Zimbabwe just equalized
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:22 pm who is watching Ghana ?

They are playing beautiful passing football, plenty of movement and interchanging.

My only problem with sacking Rohr, if it is even possible, is that I am not confident the NFF would replace him with somebody better.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

tedder89 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:19 pm Zimbabwe just equalized

they are now winning 3-1

the point was not even the score, but how Ghana was moving the ball, and how they were utilizing the midfield.

Also when they started to be overrrun the coach switched the formation from a 4123 to a 433, he solidified the midfield and removed an attacker to stabilize the situation.

Our dunce of a coach just sits and watches hopelessly.

Watching this match it is clear that Rohr is a piss poor coach.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rohr's team relies almost entirely oun counterattacking football.

They are clueless how to break down stubborn defences, and the problem lies in his neglect of the midfield, specifically creative midfielders. For Rohr he can just plug the hole with any carpenter or brick layer.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm Rohr's team relies almost entirely oun counterattacking football.

They are clueless how to break down stubborn defences, and the problem lies in his neglect of the midfield, specifically creative midfielders. For Rohr he can just plug the hole with any carpenter or brick layer.
So Aribo & Onyeka are carpenters & bricklayers? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I don’t think our problem is formation…..our delivery was poor from wide areas and set pieces, Aribo struggled in midfield and yet we had enough chances to win comfortably

Meanwhile Ghana were brave and clinical when needed; Kudus and Partey stood out on I might add, a suspect pitch…..
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:47 pm

they are now winning 3-1

the point was not even the score, but how Ghana was moving the ball, and how they were utilizing the midfield.

Also when they started to be overrrun the coach switched the formation from a 4123 to a 433, he solidified the midfield and removed an attacker to stabilize the situation.

IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

they are now winning 3-1

5 years late :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...sack sack sack. Rhor na oyinbo man, you can't sack him unless you pay him, in full. Get the money and we talk about sack.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I watched the game too

They were OK and I’d say they were lucky not to concede more than one.

They have a lot of problems to correct before being remotely close to winning against the type of teams they’ll face in the final rounds of qualifying

they are now winning 3-1

Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:47 pm Oliseh has denied making these comments.
Hmm, really? Whaoo! Well, I apologize to my 'homeboy', then. My bad.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:14 pm Den don come.

Nigerian didn’t qualify for AFCON in 2015 and 2017, and this one is saying our football has retrogressed. I can only blame memory loss.
Hush with this pathetic comment. People like you are the reasons we are so bad on the green grass. Your eyes go clear well well after the horrible performance tomorrow
Keep crying about not qualifying for Afcons. Italy failed to qualify for the Worldcup in Russia. We saw them win the euros a few months back... if you like keep using not qualifying for two pathetic Afcon. We never lost a worldcup qualifiers since Angola in 2004. We've now lost 2 with the fraud of a caoch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:49 pm Rohr's team relies almost entirely oun counterattacking football.

Hence the long lobbying ball to the opponents' eighteen from our defense. Long ball, over the top, to no one in particular.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

tedder89 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:07 pm I don’t think our problem is formation…..our delivery was poor from wide areas and set pieces, Aribo struggled in midfield and yet we had enough chances to win comfortably

Meanwhile Ghana were brave and clinical when needed; Kudus and Partey stood out on I might add, a suspect pitch…..

they are now winning 3-1

Our play is generally static, but our formation does not help.

Iheanacho is a horrible #10. He doesn't have the dribbling technique or the ability to drive forward with close control.

This was evident even before Rohr, Rohr figured it out himself long ago, but we have reverted back to failed strategies.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

VE

Many teams don't have to play we the old style #10. A deep lying forward is in certain cases the new #10 focus description purpose here.

Sure, there was failure using Iheanacho there but tge way the visitors had been set up even what you propose may not have assured success. First note how compact CAR was set up and with a deep defending midfield. That invited crosses where their centrebacks dominated. But we then produced few crosses and chose instead to work right into that defensive spine which was blocked off.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:11 am
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:14 pm Den don come.

Hush with this pathetic comment. People like you are the reasons we are so bad on the green grass. Your eyes go clear well well after the horrible performance tomorrow
Keep crying about not qualifying for Afcons. Italy failed to qualify for the Worldcup in Russia. We saw them win the euros a few months back... if you like keep using not qualifying for two pathetic Afcon. We never lost a worldcup qualifiers since Angola in 2004. We've now lost 2 with the fraud of a caoch
Get a dictionary and look up the meaning of retrogressed. That would help your ignorance.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."