Goodswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Goodswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo

Post by Tobi17 »

World class pitch or not, we shouldn't be losing to teams like CAR especially at home, that's simply inexcusable...
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm I would like Amaju Pinnick to tell Nigerians publicly why the SE cannot play in the Goodswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo. Both players and coaches of the SE have expressed their preference for the Uyo stadium, yet Pinnick and his NFF continue to move the team around the country in stadiums with bumpy pitches like Asaba, Benin and Lagos.
Leon Balogun recently gave an interview in which he complained about the quality of the pitches the team play on in their home matches.
What is the point of home advantage when the team are playing on surfaces they're not comfortable with?
I just can't understand why the SE cannot play in the best stadium with the best pitch in the country anymore. There's more than meets the eyes and Pinnick needs to explain to Nigerians.
The Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, must be used for the Cape Verde home match and the next round of the World Cup qualifiers. The advantages are obvious and the team plays better on good turfs. Akwa Ibom is arguably the richest state in terms of oil production and monthly allocation. The Governor's monthly Security vote alone averages about N2.4 billion! How much does it cost to host the Super Eagles? This is the same Akwa Ibom State that owns Akwa United, probably the highest paying club in Nigeria, and Dakkada United, its feeder team. Akwa is run by the veteran journalist, Elder Paul Bassey, a former CAF Committee member, who knows a thing or two about African football. Uyo is very secure, boasts of the World-class Ibom Le Meridien Resorts with excellent gym facilities, and has a very functional airport which has four flights daily to and from Lagos and Abuja ( it's the hub of Ibom Air, the best airline in Nigeria). Enough of the politics. We know how we beat Algeria, Cameroun and Zambia ahead of the 2018 World Cup. Uyo is ready to do the magic again.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:24 pm Why not ask pinnock questions about football development plans?

In 5 years, Rohr can't find suitable replacements for Ndidi, Etebo and Iwobi.

The policy of exclusively recruiting from overseas as not yielded the desired effect.
I thought he already found Onyeka (EPL), Bonke (Champions League), Kingsley (Serie A)? And we are still waiting for Nwodo, Nwakali and Alhassan.

If by now guys don't realise that we don't have quality players, then the fans are also part of the problem.
This gotta be the best response on Cybereagles that I have seen in a long time. Well said Lolly :clap: :clap: :agree:.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Obong wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm I would like Amaju Pinnick to tell Nigerians publicly why the SE cannot play in the Goodswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo. Both players and coaches of the SE have expressed their preference for the Uyo stadium, yet Pinnick and his NFF continue to move the team around the country in stadiums with bumpy pitches like Asaba, Benin and Lagos.
Leon Balogun recently gave an interview in which he complained about the quality of the pitches the team play on in their home matches.
What is the point of home advantage when the team are playing on surfaces they're not comfortable with?
I just can't understand why the SE cannot play in the best stadium with the best pitch in the country anymore. There's more than meets the eyes and Pinnick needs to explain to Nigerians.
The Godswill Akpabio stadium, Uyo, must be used for the Cape Verde home match and the next round of the World Cup qualifiers. The advantages are obvious and the team plays better on good turfs. Akwa Ibom is arguably the richest state in terms of oil production and monthly allocation. The Governor's monthly Security vote alone averages about N2.4 billion! How much does it cost to host the Super Eagles? This is the same Akwa Ibom State that owns Akwa United, probably the highest paying club in Nigeria, and Dakkada United, its feeder team. Akwa is run by the veteran journalist, Elder Paul Bassey, a former CAF Committee member, who knows a thing or two about African football. Uyo is very secure, boasts of the World-class Ibom Le Meridien Resorts with excellent gym facilities, and has a very functional airport which has four flights daily to and from Lagos and Abuja ( it's the hub of Ibom Air, the best airline in Nigeria). Enough of the politics. We know how we beat Algeria, Cameroun and Zambia ahead of the 2018 World Cup. Uyo is ready to do the magic again.
Is there a problem between the Akwa state government and the NFF? I just don't understand why the team is no longer playing there despite the pleas of the coach and players.
I am happy
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Dammy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:06 pm
Obong wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 pm
Is there a problem between the Akwa state government and the NFF? I just don't understand why the team is no longer playing there despite the pleas of the coach and players.
Ask Amaju Pinnick!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"