Goodswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Goodswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo

Post by Dammy »

I would like Amaju Pinnick to tell Nigerians publicly why the SE cannot play in the Goodswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo. Both players and coaches of the SE have expressed their preference for the Uyo stadium, yet Pinnick and his NFF continue to move the team around the country in stadiums with bumpy pitches like Asaba, Benin and Lagos.
Leon Balogun recently gave an interview in which he complained about the quality of the pitches the team play on in their home matches.
What is the point of home advantage when the team are playing on surfaces they're not comfortable with?
I just can't understand why the SE cannot play in the best stadium with the best pitch in the country anymore. There's more than meets the eyes and Pinnick needs to explain to Nigerians.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Goodswill Akpabio Stadium Uyo

Post by vancity eagle »

100% agree but this NFF is too stupid and corrupt.

The whole point of playing at home is to have maximum advantage.

When you play on a bumpy pitch you are handing over the advantage to less technical team, and if they are parking the bus you give them even more advantage.

The lack of planning and foresight of this NFF is disgusting.

Rohr in almost every interview takes shots at the pitch. These NFF are a bunch of fools.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

There's also the matter of traffic in Lagos which many have complained about.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I specifically recall that one reason mentioned in the past was that of sponsorship.
A broke NFF is over reliant on sponsors and if they can get sponsorship in one place and not another, the equation changes.
I've advocated, like many here, for the Akpabio stadium to be adopted as the National Stadium, home of the SE. But there are obviously other forces in play.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

@VE
NFF cannot afford to bankroll hotel/transportation costs for home games

At the time we played in Uyo Akwa Ibom state govt was the “sponsor of choice”, I can only guess that relationship has deteriorated

Lagos state has now stepped in; note Eagles stayed at Lagos state owned hotel in VI: Eko Holiday Inn

This is where we are…..
Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm I would like Amaju Pinnick to tell Nigerians publicly why the SE cannot play in the Goodswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo. Both players and coaches of the SE have expressed their preference for the Uyo stadium, yet Pinnick and his NFF continue to move the team around the country in stadiums with bumpy pitches like Asaba, Benin and Lagos.
Leon Balogun recently gave an interview in which he complained about the quality of the pitches the team play on in their home matches.
What is the point of home advantage when the team are playing on surfaces they're not comfortable with?
I just can't understand why the SE cannot play in the best stadium with the best pitch in the country anymore. There's more than meets the eyes and Pinnick needs to explain to Nigerians.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Pinnick and his board need to find a way of mending fences with the Akwa Ibom State government in the best interests of Nigeria. It beggars belief that our national team cannot play in our best stadium!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:41 pm Pinnick and his board need to find a way of mending fences with the Akwa Ibom State government in the best interests of Nigeria. It beggars belief that our national team cannot play in our best stadium!
What actually happened?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigerian football is run by armatures and Nigeria as whole isn’t run by people that plan and those same people that run the country are involved in the football so I’m not expecting them to make the right decisions as they don’t know what they are doing anyway.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Why not ask pinnock questions about football development plans?

In 5 years, Rohr can't find suitable replacements for Ndidi, Etebo and Iwobi.

The policy of exclusively recruiting from overseas as not yielded the desired effect.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:24 pm Why not ask pinnock questions about football development plans?

The policy of exclusively recruiting from overseas as not yielded the desired effect.
I thought he already found Onyeka (EPL), Bonke (Champions League), Kingsley (Serie A)? And we are still waiting for Nwodo, Nwakali and Alhassan.

If by now guys don't realise that we don't have quality players, then the fans are also part of the problem.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

tedder89 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:12 pm @VE

At the time we played in Uyo Akwa Ibom state govt was the “sponsor of choice”, I can only guess that relationship has deteriorated

Lagos state has now stepped in; note Eagles stayed at Lagos state owned hotel in VI: Eko Holiday Inn

This is where we are…..
Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm I would like Amaju Pinnick to tell Nigerians publicly why the SE cannot play in the Goodswill Akpabio Stadium in Uyo. Both players and coaches of the SE have expressed their preference for the Uyo stadium, yet Pinnick and his NFF continue to move the team around the country in stadiums with bumpy pitches like Asaba, Benin and Lagos.
They stayed at Eko Hotel and it is owned by the Chagoury brothers and not Lagos State government.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:02 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:41 pm Pinnick and his board need to find a way of mending fences with the Akwa Ibom State government in the best interests of Nigeria. It beggars belief that our national team cannot play in our best stadium!
What actually happened?
Politics. State governors fund them matches and they won't do it if you are not their person.

tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Thanks for clarifying…..it was owned by Lagos State when it was opened in my younger days
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:35 pm
tedder89 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:12 pm @VE

This is where we are…..
They stayed at Eko Hotel and it is owned by the Chagoury brothers and not Lagos State government.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm I thought he already found Onyeka (EPL), Bonke (Champions League), Kingsley (Serie A)? And we are still waiting for Nwodo, Nwakali and Alhassan.

If by now guys don't realise that we don't have quality players, then the fans are also part of the problem.
We don't have quality players, and CAR has a better pool of quality players :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:47 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm I thought he already found Onyeka (EPL), Bonke (Champions League), Kingsley (Serie A)? And we are still waiting for Nwodo, Nwakali and Alhassan.

We don't have quality players, and CAR has a better pool of quality players :taunt:
You forgot to mention CAR is your original post. An afterthought?

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:13 pm
You forgot to mention CAR is your original post. An afterthought?
Learnt it from you :taunt:
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Yes o.
We lost because CAR played at Godswill Ukpabio stadium while SE played at Teslim Balogun hence giving the visitors unfair advantage!

Apart from that, I blame Colomental fans like you for advocating loading SE with these soft European Ajebutters instead of Amokachi type rugged Naija pikins. Did you notice the way the CAR boys were beating SE to almost every 50/50 balls?

Cmoke

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:02 pm 100% agree but this NFF is too stupid and corrupt.

When you play on a bumpy pitch you are handing over the advantage to less technical team, and if they are parking the bus you give them even more advantage.

Rohr in almost every interview takes shots at the pitch. These NFF are a bunch of fools.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:02 pm 100% agree but this NFF is too stupid and corrupt.

CAR played on a different pitch.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

But what stops these other stadia from making their grounds of international standard? They spend money to build these stadia and cant keep the ground up to standard.
What's up with that?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cmoke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:22 pm Yes o.
We lost because CAR played at Godswill Ukpabio stadium while SE played at Teslim Balogun hence giving the visitors unfair advantage!

Apart from that, I blame Colomental fans like you for advocating loading SE with these soft European Ajebutters instead of Amokachi type rugged Naija pikins. Did you notice the way the CAR boys were beating SE to almost every 50/50 balls?

Cmoke

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:56 pm
Cmoke wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:22 pm Yes o.

Cmoke

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Bros, I wonder. I remember when the complaint was about the same Uyo stadium and the ladies all over the place in Uyo. Then their was clamor about returning to 'invincible' Lagos and how invincible the SE is in Lagos. LOL. Now, naaa real waa. When are we going to call a spade a spade and look at the team sef and its manager?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

lol
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:24 pm Why not ask pinnock questions about football development plans?

I thought he already found Onyeka (EPL), Bonke (Champions League), Kingsley (Serie A)? And we are still waiting for Nwodo, Nwakali and Alhassan.

This is one very unintelligent statement. I guess we shouldn't bother about searching for players because according to you we have no quality..dude just stay over at rant and rave please. You are so out of place here
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved