CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

akamoke
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by akamoke »

A much more controlled game, well done lads, I almost forgot we have a goalie on the pitch :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

He has definitely earned the right to be a fixture in this squad

His decision making needs improvement tho….
DIMKA76 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:46 pm Every time I see Ejuke with the ball there are always 4-5 players chasing him like he stole something :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!
he did not have a clear pass to Osimehn.

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:46 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:43 pm look at all the chances Ejuke is creating.

the dummy will start Musa in the next match.
Did Ejuke not play the whole match in Nigeria? How many did he create?
...too many short-sighted folks. He forgot Ejuke just came late taking on tired defenders.
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Ejuke needs passing lessons. He has the skills, pace and unpredictability to cause mayhem. He needs to know how and when to pass the ball. his style of play will not make his team mates want to play with him, plus if he losses the ball it can be costly. I like him but he plays like he is playing monkey post.
Last edited by chif456 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

But for that nonsense in Lagos, we would virtually have qualified today.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Job done. Ndidi and Iwobi showed how important they are to this team by their absence. Ejuke staking a claim to being a starter. The back 3 shows Rohr how to get more numbers in the middle.

Lots to be worried about - we don’t look like African champions. But I guess Rohr lives to fight another day.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I said it by the time Ejuke learns to pass the ball, he would have retired.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

this game could have been 5-0.

Osimehn was very wasteful.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:15 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:11 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:09 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 pm
Cito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:05 pm They are finally coming out of that low block. This is where a good AM would have ripped them to shreds.
but we have Musa in that position, and people say he has been one of the best players. So what gives ?
Musa is not an AM but Rorh is being Rorh with that.
But he brings a lot of hustle in the midfield, something we lacked in the first game
hustle with little end product.

why he is called "chickenhead"

We didn't have 3 midfielders in the last game, so you are comparing apples to oranges.

watch what would happen should EJuke play that position.

we are wasting our time with this clown manager.
Talk true Ejuke has great ability running with the ball but it was pretty much the same lack of quality end product, he had chances to slip in Osimhen but he was head down run run run…anyways I’d still take Ejuke anyday over Musa. Hopefully we can get him to look for other players at times.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:37 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:36 pm What a selfish git. Skilled but selfish.
You don't know ball, Osimhen was offside
Yeah he was. But Ejuke like JJ before him hugs the ball with his dribbles causing his teammates to drift offside.
Must be a frustrating teammate.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
I alwayd liked him
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:53 pm this game could have been 5-0.

Osimehn was very wasteful.
Did I miss something? I only saw one real miss by Osimhen, which are the other ones that would have led to 5-0?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Ejuke is going to divide opinion. That's what players like him do. He may also not be a very popular figure among his teammates, but for my money, the coach needs to protect his place and keep him in the team.

Should he always start? I think he's one good developmental season away from being ready for primetime. BUT the boy is goooooddd. What he has, you cannot learn if you ain't got it already. He will cause debates, etc. He's an excellent talent
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

We top the group and look well placed to progress
3 points, any which way
Its a Goal wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm 2 nil victory. Not shabby.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
elerineye
Egg
Egg
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 0

Post by elerineye »

okidoki wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:30 pm We are not an elite African team anymore with Coach Rorh. No style, and even the tactic is suspect. The players are there, but the team play leaves a lot to be desired.
So painful to watch.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

WELL DONE LADS... :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!
he did not have a clear pass to Osimehn.

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
Nothing to do with Osimhen, Ejuke needs to learn to pass the ball..... I dont see him creating chances for his clubside but Osimhen is scoring goals....

don't twist the facts to suit your point....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mcal wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:43 pm look at all the chances Ejuke is creating.

...too many short-sighted folks. He forgot Ejuke just came late taking on tired defenders.
Oh shut up.

Did Ejuke not do the same when he started against Cape Verde.

He created the only chance in the last match.

How did Musa do ? How many goals ? How many assists ? How many chances created ? How many passes completed ?
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
okidoki wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm This team is poor. We need a new coach with radical new ideas. There’s simply nothing awe inspiring about the way we play.
Continue blaming the coach when you have sub standard eggs. This match - what I have seen is poor decisions from the forwards.
I guess Mali and the rest have wonderful forwards. Suddenly forwards who are playing in the top European leagues are now poor. Well we can guess why they are poor
Last edited by lacidi on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
Last edited by deanotito on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

mcal wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm

His comment isn’t really about Ejuke. It’s a dig at Musa. Ejuke is just a vehicle for the anti-Musa rhetoric.

For most of the time Ejuke was on, he wasn’t playing the same role Musa was playing. He was playing in a withdrawn striker role. If you want to compare Ejuke’s impact with anyone, it would be Nacho.

But of course if you’re just trying to pile on Musa, you’re gonna use Ejuke or anyone else to help make your point.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.