CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 0

Post by Lolly »

elerineye wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm
okidoki wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:30 pm We are not an elite African team anymore with Coach Rorh. No style, and even the tactic is suspect. The players are there, but the team play leaves a lot to be desired.
So painful to watch.
The boys were also under pressure. But good result after Thursday’s disaster
Last edited by Lolly on Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!
he did not have a clear pass to Osimehn.

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
You keep defending him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. the whole aim of the dribble is to create space for your teammates by drawing defenders to yourself abi ? Ok o.

Lets keep praising him , he did better than musa and nacho - that should now be a yard stick.

Knowing the way Rohr is conservative Ejuke will be starting on the bench more as long as Musa and Nacho are healthy , moreso when Iwobi is available.

An dthe reason will be this ball hugging
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Good result......More importantly...... How come Cameroun can provide a better pitch than the rubbish we served up in Lagos
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
I actually agree. As part of a front three, he’s not good enough. But I’m the system we played today, he’s the best we have, and he’s pretty good.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
okidoki wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm This team is poor. We need a new coach with radical new ideas. There’s simply nothing awe inspiring about the way we play.
Continue blaming the coach when you have sub standard eggs. This match - what I have seen is poor decisions from the forwards.
If you don’t see it many do, even the ESPN commentator in few words said Rorh had underachieved considering the team he had. 5 years later when we are supposed to be able to present at least two solid eleven’s, we can hardly boast of one.
For the life of me, I can hardly say what the man football philosophy is. He brought stability but short of that he’s been wack tactic wise.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

MoM for me was Aribo. He played a mature game today.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

His team mates will want to have his head. If he goes on the end of mazy runs and puts the ball in the back of the net or gets penalties, they will tolerate it but he will be very frustrating to play with. Supremely skilled plater, low center of gravity, pace and power but if he can learn to look for the pass, develop a more strategic football mind - we have a potential ballon d'or on our hands.
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm Ejuke is going to divide opinion. That's what players like him do. He may also not be a very popular figure among his teammates, but for my money, the coach needs to protect his place and keep him in the team.

Should he always start? I think he's one good developmental season away from being ready for primetime. BUT the boy is goooooddd. What he has, you cannot learn if you ain't got it already. He will cause debates, etc. He's an excellent talent
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

bushboy wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm But for that nonsense in Lagos, we would virtually have qualified today.
:agree:

...Socrates
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm WELL DONE LADS... :clap: :clap:
Congrats to the SE. A win as predicted
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Ejuke did exactly what he was brought on to do...help us retain possession!
The CAR players could not get the ball off him, in contrast to Musa who kept losing possession L and R!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm MoM for me was Aribo. He played a mature game today.
Its a hard one between he and Balogun.

Even Simon rarely put a foot wrong.

...Socrates
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
Cristao II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm This guy again!! Look at your mate. He is free. You did well to draw the defender to you. Selfish git!!

Like I said with Napoli, Osimehn needs to improve his movement, sometimes he is too static, just waiting for the ball.
You keep defending him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: .. the whole aim of the dribble is to create space for your teammates by drawing defenders to yourself abi ? Ok o.

Lets keep praising him , he did better than musa and nacho - that should now be a yard stick.

Knowing the way Rohr is conservative Ejuke will be starting on the bench more as long as Musa and Nacho are healthy , moreso when Iwobi is available.

The 1st time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least shoulder offside.
The 2nd time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least feet offside.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

chif456 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm His team mates will want to have his head. If he goes on the end of mazy runs and puts the ball in the back of the net or gets penalties, they will tolerate it but he will be very frustrating to play with. Supremely skilled plater, low center of gravity, pace and power but if he can learn to look for the pass, develop a more strategic football mind - we have a potential ballon d'or on our hands.
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm Ejuke is going to divide opinion. That's what players like him do. He may also not be a very popular figure among his teammates, but for my money, the coach needs to protect his place and keep him in the team.

Should he always start? I think he's one good developmental season away from being ready for primetime. BUT the boy is goooooddd. What he has, you cannot learn if you ain't got it already. He will cause debates, etc. He's an excellent talent
Wow like you read my mind. Poise, balance, skill - Nigerian Messi to be. :thumb:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:55 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:46 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:43 pm look at all the chances Ejuke is creating.

the dummy will start Musa in the next match.
Did Ejuke not play the whole match in Nigeria? How many did he create?
...too many short-sighted folks. He forgot Ejuke just came late taking on tired defenders.
Oh shut up.

Did Ejuke not do the same when he started against Cape Verde.

He created the only chance in the last match.

How did Musa do ? How many goals ? How many assists ? How many chances created ? How many passes completed ?
Do you have to lie just to score points? Kelechi created a very similar chance earlier in that game, the difference is Osimhen just inexplicably rushed a shot, but on Ejukes pass he tried to square it with his left which ended up hitting the post and creating that chance for Awoniyi. Musa is crap we all know it, but you keep pushing your Ejuke agenda in an emotional manner…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:59 pm Ejuke did exactly what he was brought on to do...help us retain possession!
The CAR players could not get the ball off him, in contrast to Musa who kept losing possession L and R!
you must have an anti-Musa agenda to be telling the truth !!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm MoM for me was Aribo. He played a mature game today.
Meh...
In a game in which no one player really stood out, I'll tab Balogun by default.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
I actually agree. As part of a front three, he’s not good enough. But I’m the system we played today, he’s the best we have, and he’s pretty good.
Ok, but tell me this. I'm not super sure what formation Rohr was playing, because with Collins and Omeruo both present, I wasn't sure who the 3rd center back was- Collins or Omeruo. If Collins was the 3rd center back, then it means that Omeruo was the wingback and thus Simon spent 90 minutes giving him defensive cover, and producing nothing offensively.

Me ehn, I think one has to construct a team in a way that gives you advantages. Don't waste spots. Are there some things Simon does well? Yes, but he's so limited offensively that he hurts the team.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Meh...
In a game in which no one player really stood out, I'll tab Balogun by default.

Balogun for me.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:00 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm

The 1st time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least shoulder offside.
The 2nd time he should pass to Osimhen, Osimhen was at least feet offside.
Oshimen has his faults - one is being static ( i think he was tired ) and the other is being level headed.

BUT if Ejuke has passed the first and OShimen was off - Oshimen would have learned and be ready for the second , He like everyone else did not know what Ejuke was going to do !

Trust this - as long as Rohr is coach and Iwobi is available Ejuke will be benched. I will take bets on that all day.

...Socrates
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

Define “better”? Even in Lagos we had enough chances to win with the poor pitch

I didn’t see much of a difference pitch wise, we played better because we had a tactical plan for a packed defense that worked and players who were brave and stood up

Enyi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm Good result......More importantly...... How come Cameroun can provide a better pitch than the rubbish we served up in Lagos
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:59 pm Ejuke did exactly what he was brought on to do...help us retain possession!
you must have an anti-Musa agenda to be telling the truth !!
[/quot

There is no Musa agenda.
Must is preventing us from injecting young players for the near future into the team.
Just give him 200 caps & let us move on.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

tedder89 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:04 pm Define “better”? Even in Lagos we had enough chances to win with the poor pitch

I didn’t see much of a difference pitch wise, we played better because we had a tactical plan for a packed defense that worked and players who were brave and stood up

Enyi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm Good result......More importantly...... How come Cameroun can provide a better pitch than the rubbish we served up in Lagos
we definately had a better plan, and the boys were more motivated and not trying to sleepwalk through the game.

But the pitch WAS BETTER, and it showed in our play.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

chif456 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm His team mates will want to have his head. If he goes on the end of mazy runs and puts the ball in the back of the net or gets penalties, they will tolerate it but he will be very frustrating to play with. Supremely skilled plater, low center of gravity, pace and power but if he can learn to look for the pass, develop a more strategic football mind - we have a potential ballon d'or on our hands.

Ejuke is not very productive with his wayward dribbling. He simply has to learn to pass the ball. We could have won 4 - 0 if only he’d have looked up and spotted wide open players❗️

Cheers.