CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:51 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm
Orion wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:25 pm
Lolly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:38 pm
Robotnik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:23 am
green4life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:39 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:18 pm

True, only if we have a better goal difference since our final game is against Cape Verde.
A traditionally low scoring CV team will have to win by a 4 goal margin given we have a 3 GD advantage plus away win (for head to head when tied on GD). My point is there’s no gloom given we should be able to get a result anywhere against Liberia and even if it comes down to the last game, our destiny remains in our hands. If our boys want to go to Qatar, they know what to do.
You guys are deceiving yourselves. If Cape Verde beats Nigeria in Lagos they will qualify. They are only 2pts behind.

We have GD advantage of +3

And these are the remaining matches in the group

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

We just have to beat Liberia and we will be fine. If we can't beat Liberia, then we don't have any business at the world cup.
A win against Liberia takes us to 12 points. Cape Verde can still get to 13 points (if they win their last two games). It's very unlikely they'll win in Nigeria, but mathematically they can still qualify even if we win in Liberia. Or am I missing something?
yeah you are right if cape verde beat CAR AND NIGERIA in NIGERIA which is possible ,anyway the country that want more we qualifier ,i hope NFF make sure the players get at least full 3 days to prepare not like against CAR in Nigeria because it just like our players lack nore energy which i think affect them.
I think sometimes we go into an overdrive analysis. Nigeria clearly has the best players in this group and on the usual day should dominate and win. The only unknown is psychological readiness and that is the responsibility of the managers. These issues can happen anywhere even in individual-based sport like tennis let alone ream sport involving such complicates as a group of 11 men. This is why a good manager matters.
There are other unknowns like getting a red card in one of the games you ae expected to win. Anything can happen in football and it isn't about the manager.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:35 amGotti,

Because those teams you mentioned actually came out to play football, the Liberia vs CV as well as Zambia vs EQ was entertaining to watch cause it was open end to end stuff. Against Nigeria these teams just park the molue bus, play some ugly football and rough up our boys... and Nigeria traditionally hasn't been known to do so well against these type of teams even as far back as our '94Golden generation It's hard to play attractive football against a low block team that just hunker down with 9 men and hoof the ball upfront... such "Park the bus and insha Allah" tactics makes for some boring football. And I'm not even trying to cover for Rohr as I'm in the same camp with every rational thinking Nigerian fan that sees how Rohr’s coaching and management is doing some serious injustice to the quality of the team.

That been said, it's obvious Rohr is severely limiting the quality of these team with his very minimal and overly cautious football.. when I see how teams like Algeria, Senegal, Morocco, CIV, heck even Mali break down minnow teams that park the bus with some beautiful attacking football and still run up the scores on them, it shreds my soul to imagine how lethal we would have been under a superb coach... if ONLY NFF could get their sh#t together and pay this man off!
And you think Niger did not park-the-bus against Algeria?!
Minnows routinely park-the-bus, but well-coached teams with superior talent still manage to play good football.

And I am not referring to what we see weekly from the likes of Man city, PSG, the old Barca, Bayern, etc...
But from our supposedly "peer" teams here in Africa, such as Senegal, Algeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Egypt, Morocco, etc.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:36 am

Because those teams you mentioned actually came out to play football, the Liberia vs CV as well as Zambia vs EQ was entertaining to watch cause it was open end to end stuff. Against Nigeria these teams just park the molue bus, play some ugly football and rough up our boys... and Nigeria traditionally hasn't been known to do so well against these type of teams even as far back as our '94Golden generation It's hard to play attractive football against a low block team that just hunker down with 9 men and hoof the ball upfront... such "Park the bus and insha Allah" tactics makes for some boring football. And I'm not even trying to cover for Rohr as I'm in the same camp with every rational thinking Nigerian fan that sees how Rohr’s coaching and management is doing some serious injustice to the quality of the team.

That been said, it's obvious Rohr is severely limiting the quality of these team with his very minimal and overly cautious football.. when I see how teams like Algeria, Senegal, Morocco, CIV, heck even Mali break down minnow teams that park the bus with some beautiful attacking football and still run up the scores on them, it shreds my soul to imagine how lethal we would have been under a superb coach... if ONLY NFF could get their sh#t together and pay this man off!
Minnows routinely park-the-bus, but well-coached teams with superior talent still manage to play good football.

And I am not referring to what we see weekly from the likes of Man city, PSG, the old Barca, Bayern, etc...
But from our supposedly "peer" teams here in Africa, such as Senegal, Algeria, Cote D'Ivoire, Egypt, Morocco, etc.

I suppose by 'good football' you mean efficient and organized football, because watching the teams you listed this past week, I would not describe them as playing 'good' football...

They are efficient, organized and professional. Cannot say I've seen that in Rhor's team in last 4yrs. At least not with any semblance of consistency...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm
Gotti wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:36 am

I suppose by 'good football' you mean efficient and organized football, because watching the teams you listed this past week, I would not describe them as playing 'good' football...

They are efficient, organized and professional. Cannot say I've seen that in Rhor's team in last 4yrs. At least not with any semblance of consistency...
I agree, but you can see that if need be they could up their game, not so with our huff and puff team. No professional NT should be letting go of a 4 goal lead vs a Sierra Leone. Let alone losing to CAR at home after not having a single shot on goal while they had 2 and scored one. Hopefully we get a favorable group in the next round as **** continues learning…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I'm not sweating these 2 matches at all.

The real stress will be in the playoffs.

Thankfully we have the afcon to sort things out before then.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:17 pm I'm not sweating these 2 matches at all.

Exactly! people are just overreacting on here, we know Rohr is sh*t but with the right player selections we should be mostly fine, let's see how we do in afcon
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:46 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:17 pm I'm not sweating these 2 matches at all.

Exactly! people are just overreacting on here,we know Rohr is sh*t but with the right player selections we should be mostly fine, let's see how we do in afcon
Exactly bro! Folks are “just overreacting” because we LOST to CAR (which hadn’t won a game in eons) at HOME…
So what happens if we don’t have a good AFCON? Are you going to fire the coach then and start over weeks to the playoffs?

Dude, abegi pull your head out of the san-san….
Unless we see a CONSIDERABLE improvement starting in November, get ready to recruit “prayer warriors” and pray for a kind draw for the playoffs.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 pm

Exactly! people are just overreacting on here,we know Rohr is sh*t but with the right player selections we should be mostly fine, let's see how we do in afcon
Exactly bro! Folks are “just overreacting” because we LOST to CAR (which hadn’t won a game in eons) at HOME…
So what happens if we don’t have a good AFCON? Are you going to fire the coach then and start over weeks to the playoffs?

Unless we see a CONSIDERABLE improvement starting in November, get ready to recruit “prayer warriors” and pray for a kind draw for the playoffs.
I put my money where my mouth is, how much are you willing to bet on the SE qualifying to the WC regardless of any group we are seeded in?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

These are our likely playoff opponents

Ivory Coast
Ghana
Egypt
Mali
R. Congo

Can u honestly say you will be confident in a double header against these teams ?

Egypt and Ghana both fired their coaches and are seeing marked improvements over this past window. They both seem on an upward trajectory.

Ivory Coast has pound for pound a better squad than us in virtually every position, other than striker.

Heart attack football is coming back to a home theater near you
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I am actually confident of our chances against all 5 of these teams.
Cote D'Ivoire is not what they used to be in the past - they also have hit a rough patch. Same with Egypt and Ghana (new coach or no).

Regardless of which team Nigeria or any of the top 5 gets, rest assured it WILL be a dog fight.
Nigeria has a history of battling to the bitter end in winner take all dogfights, so I am confident of our chances.
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 pm These are our likely playoff opponents

Ivory Coast
Ghana
Egypt
Mali
R. Congo

Can u honestly say you will be confident in a double header against these teams ?

Egypt and Ghana both fired their coaches and are seeing marked improvements over this past window. They both seem on an upward trajectory.

Ivory Coast has pound for pound a better squad than us in virtually every position, other than striker.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 pm I am actually confident of our chances against all 5 of these teams.
Cote D'Ivoire is not what they used to be in the past - they also have hit a rough patch. Same with Egypt and Ghana (new coach or no).

Regardless of which team Nigeria or any of the top 5 gets, rest assured it WILL be a dog fight.
Nigeria has a history of battling to the bitter end in winner take all dogfights, so I am confident of our chances.
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:24 pm These are our likely playoff opponents

Ivory Coast
Ghana
Egypt
Mali
R. Congo

I dont know what rough patch you mean, but all those teams are in better form than us, and are playing better football than us over the last few months.

Ghana lost to South Africa AWAY missing more than half their team because of Covid restrictions, meanwhile we lost at home to CAR.

I dont currently see your optimism.

Honestly any of Egypt, Ghana, CIV, and I think it's a straight coin toss as to who will go through ATM.

Unless we see a drastic change at afcon. But all those teams are likely to improve as well.

I will tell you this, if Rohr conti ues to ignore the midfield. WE ARE DONE.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:33 pm I am actually confident of our chances against all 5 of these teams.

Ivory Coast
Ghana
Egypt
Mali
R. Congo

I dont know what rough patch you mean, but all those teams are in better form than us, and are playing better football than us over the last few months.

Ghana lost to South Africa AWAY missing more than half their team because of Covid restrictions, meanwhile we lost at home to CAR.

Honestly any of Egypt, Ghana, CIV, and I think it's a straight coin toss as to who will go through ATM.

Unless we see a drastic change at afcon. But all those teams are likely to improve as well.

The only teams I dread to face in Africa right now are ALGERIA AND SENEGAL. All those teams you mentioned are very beatable, and how the heck is Ivory Coast better than Nigerian on a player to player comparison basis? the only quality players they have are Kessie, Haller, Zaha, and maybe Cornet.. their defence is average, their midfield is only slightly better than ours and our attack marginally beats their own... bro the way you overrate CIV is irritating at this point, I even rate a team like Morocco over Ivory Coast ten times and over..Nigeria might struggle against Ghana since historical pride and rivalry will always be at stake, but at our very best, our attack is good enough to sink Ghana. Egypt are experiencing a "manager bounce" phase but any of the top 5 teams in Africa will beat Egypt... they are just too weak in that defence right now.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Tobi brought up some valid points.
I happened to watch the three teams you mentioned below and frankly, I wasn't overawed by any one of them. Not one bit.
Regarding the midfield, who has Rohr ignored that would provide added value to the team right now? And before you name Yussuf Alhassan, FYI, he just returned from a groin injury that kept him out for about 2 months. Bonke and Onyeka are already integral parts of the SE now.
So, who else in the midfield should Rohr have invited that he hasn't?
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro

Rohr should have called up

Nwakali, Nwobodo by now

He should have called Alhassan in September , when he was not injured

If Ejaria has truly been cleared by FIFA it is a crime he has not been called.

As for your claims CIV is not better man for man, that is utter nonsense.

The only position we beat them in is Striker

Let's look at Defence

They have centre backs at Man U, Wolves, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen,, while our starters are in Scotland and a newly promoted Championship team. They kill us at central defence.

Wing backs they have Cornet, Aurier (just joined Villareal) Kamara at Nice, Khonan (plays in France) Singo who plays with Aina at Torino.

Aina , Ebuehi, and Zaidu are not better than that collective. In fact we are playing Collins who is in German 2nd division and is worse than all his ivorian counterparts.

Do not get me started on midfield where CIV absolutely destroys us.

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

That is what a midfield should look like, not 3 players including a mechanic playing in Sweden who can't pass a simple ball.

Wingers

Gervinho, Boga, Pepe, Zaha, Cornet

All we got is Chuks and MOSES SIMON for heavens sake. Oh I forgot Ahmed "I can't make a pass" Musa.

You can't be serious.

As I said we are loaded in the Striker department with Osimehn, Nacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Awoniyi, while all they have is Haller. This is the only position we Trump them.

Goalkeeping is about equal in terms of starters but we have better options on bench.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

You're making it sound as if CAR has never beating any of the continent's powerhouse nations.

Central African Republic pulled off a remarkable upset on 6/15/2012 by inflicting a first home defeat on Egypt in 47 years of African Nations Cup qualifying. They were able to beat the 2010 AFCON winner.

Central African Republic beat Algeria in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in October 2010. The fourth placed team at 2010 AFCON and one of the African teams in 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm Otitokoro

Nwakali, Nwobodo by now

Let's look at Defence

They have centre backs at Man U, Wolves, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen,, while our starters are in Scotland and a newly promoted Championship team. They kill us at central defence.

Wing backs they have Cornet, Aurier (just joined Villareal) Kamara at Nice, Khonan (plays in France) Singo who plays with Aina at Torino.

Aina , Ebuehi, and Zaidu are not better than that collective. In fact we are playing Collins who is in German 2nd division and is worse than all his ivorian counterparts.

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

That is what a midfield should look like, not 3 players including a mechanic playing in Sweden who can't pass a simple ball.

Wingers

All we got is Chuks and MOSES SIMON for heavens sake. Oh I forgot Ahmed "I can't make a pass" Musa.

You can't be serious.

As I said we are loaded in the Striker department with Osimehn, Nacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Awoniyi, while all they have is Haller. This is the only position we Trump them.

Goalkeeping is about equal in terms of starters but we have better options on bench.
You are just panicking my fren!
You seriously think ANY of the teams you mention are rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of meeting Nigeria in the WC play-offs?
You must be joking! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Let's look at Defence

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

Wingers

You can't be serious.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If they are that great, how come they chalked up the following ‘wonderful’ results?

Sept 3rd:
Mozambique 0
Ivory Coast 0

Oct 11th
Ivory Coast 2
Malawi 1

Yet if Nigeria got these results na you go first shout say the team dey “useless”.

You really want to measure team strength based on one metric ie, players’ clubs?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 pm

Let's look at Defence

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

Wingers

You can't be serious.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If they are that great, how come they chalked up the following ‘wonderful’ results?

Sept 3rd:
Mozambique 0
Ivory Coast 0

Oct 11th
Ivory Coast 2
Malawi 1

Yet if Nigeria got these results na you go first shout say the team dey “useless”.

You really want to measure team strength based on one metric ie, players’ clubs?
Damunk I stated earlier that I was NOT impressed by CIV play.

However I am also NOT impressed by our play.

Either way no honest man will tell you we have a better or equal squad to them. No way.

Your excuse is "you can't make club argument" because you know they are clearly going to beat us in that regard.

So please tell which of our players playing in lesser clubs are better than theirs playing in bigger clubs.

Which position other than striker do we beat them in ?

Defence ? Midfield ? Wingers ?

Please tell me.

Now I think BOTH teams will look much better at afcon, but let's say they don't.

2 poor teams play each other. One has to win, one has to lose.

Keep in mind that CIV did what neither Nigeria, nor Senegal (TWICE) could do, and that was to take Algeria beyond 90 minutes at last afcon.

I'm telling you now we meet CIV in that playoff.

It is 50/50 , even regardless of form
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Nwobodo, maybe. But I am sure he was overlooked for a particular reason. If I should hazard a guess, his defending might not be up to par, in comparison to the others we have.
Nwakali? What exactly has he done to warrant a call up? He is a flash in the pan player and importantly, his overall workrate is not at the level of any of the midfielders we currently have.
Unless and until Ejaria comes out and states categorically that he is a Super Eagle (and has the clearance to match), he and the likes of Lookman are all a pipe dream in my book.
Dude, you have been following African football for several years now and should know that big names and big teams don't mean jack in African football. Wasn't Osimhen pocketed by the CAR defender who plays in the German 4th division in the Lagos match? Didn't Benin Republic take out the 'mighty' Moroccan team in the last AFCON, with Hakimi and all their superstars? Didn't Cote D'Ivoire, with Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalu, Yayah Toure and Gervinho lose the AFCON final to a bunch of Zambian home based players? Big names and big clubs don't mean a hill of beans in African football.

I think the current SE has the deepest quality team of most, if not all the African teams. Our bench has evolved to be even more solid than before and to I am confident of the overall depth of the team. That will come into play during the home and home series for a world cup spot.

Nwakali, Nwobodo by now

Let's look at Defence

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

Wingers

You can't be serious.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

iworo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 pm

You're making it sound as if CAR has never beating any of the continent's powerhouse nations.

Central African Republic pulled off a remarkable upset on 6/15/2012 by inflicting a first home defeat on Egypt in 47 years of African Nations Cup qualifying. They were able to beat the 2010 AFCON winner.

Central African Republic beat Algeria in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in October 2010. The fourth placed team at 2010 AFCON and one of the African teams in 2010 FIFA World Cup.

You hyped up CIV to high heavens in the 2013 AFCON, and we all saw how a very average and inexperienced Keshi team caused a major upset by humbling a very stacked Ivorian team in the Q/F match, we all remember how you ran off into hiding for weeks. Dude, traditionally and historically Nigeria has never really struggled against Ivory Coast notwithstanding any form we meet them with, infact we have a better tournament record against them.

The fact that you call that Ivorian midfield you listed anywhere close to scary or world class shows how deeply clueless you are, aside from Kessie... how many of those midfielders are particularly lighting up Europe? they play at about the same quality (league-wise) as our players, so what's so outstanding about their midfielders?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 pm Nwobodo, maybe. But I am sure he was overlooked for a particular reason. If I should hazard a guess, his defending might not be up to par, in comparison to the others we have.
Nwakali? What exactly has he done to warrant a call up? He is a flash in the pan player and importantly, his overall workrate is not at the level of any of the midfielders we currently have.
Unless and until Ejaria comes out and states categorically that he is a Super Eagle (and has the clearance to match), he and the likes of Lookman are all a pipe dream in my book.
Dude, you have been following African football for several years now and should know that big names and big teams don't mean jack in African football. Wasn't Osimhen pocketed by the CAR defender who plays in the German 4th division in the Lagos match? Didn't Benin Republic take out the 'mighty' Moroccan team in the last AFCON, with Hakimi and all their superstars? Didn't Cote D'Ivoire, with Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalu, Yayah Toure and Gervinho lose the AFCON final to a bunch of Zambian home based players? Big names and big clubs don't mean a hill of beans in African football.

I think the current SE has the deepest quality team of most, if not all the African teams. Our bench has evolved to be even more solid than before and to I am confident of the overall depth of the team. That will come into play during the home and home series for a world cup spot.

Nwakali, Nwobodo by now

Let's look at Defence

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

Wingers

You can't be serious.

You are pretty presumptuous talking about the work rate of a player you don’t train with or even know from Adam❗️

Cheers.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:40 pm
iworo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 pm

You hyped up CIV to high heavens in the 2013 AFCON, and we all saw how a very average and inexperienced Keshi team caused a major upset by humbling a very stacked Ivorian team in the Q/F match, we all remember how you ran off into hiding for weeks. Dude, traditionally and historically Nigeria has never really struggled against Ivory Coast notwithstanding any form we meet them with, infact we have a better tournament record against them.

The fact that you call that Ivorian midfield you listed anywhere close to scary or world class shows how deeply clueless you are, aside from Kessie... how many of those midfielders are particularly lighting up Europe? they play at about the same quality (league-wise) as our players, so what's so outstanding about their midfielders?
:blink: Is that reply meant for me :???: ?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi

For one the CIV coach does not IGNORE midfield.

So right there they have an advantage over us.

If you look at their squads they have like 6 to 7 proper midfielders in their camp compared to our 3.

Ndidi is pretty much a world class destroyer who would definitely start for their team.

They have 2 way midfielder like Sangare and Kessie who would both easily start for our team. Not to mention Fofana. These guys are easily better than Onyeka, or even Aribo.

They have an exciting young attacking midfielder in Traore who has put up decent numbers in Italy with Sassuolo. He can score , dribble, and playmake. Plus they have decent bench options that play in Italy and France, while our bench currently consists of a bricklayer named Bonke and a wastepipe in Cyprus.

Stop lying to yourself, our midfield is currently nowhere near there's, nor does our coach even think the midfield is important.

Do you think calling up 3 midfielders and 9 defenders is a recipe for success ?

Do you want to go into battle with Bonke, Shehu, and Musa as options on the bench ?