CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro

I am surprised to read your take on African football. I had to check the handle.

I state this because it is a point I have made severally. The focus on this or that plays in the Big 5 is largely irrelevant in African football for atleast two general reasons. First, because of several environmental circumstances, African talent is more concerned about a payday wherever and not necessarily the quality of a league, and two because that wide dispersion of talent all over it is difficult to assess the strength of teams by merely looking at where their players play club football. Moreover, the close marking and bodily contact in the African game makes it difficult for players to adjust. We saw this clearly with Iwobi and presently the kid from Scotland is going through that difficult phase somewhat.

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:35 pm Nwobodo, maybe. But I am sure he was overlooked for a particular reason. If I should hazard a guess, his defending might not be up to par, in comparison to the others we have.
Nwakali? What exactly has he done to warrant a call up? He is a flash in the pan player and importantly, his overall workrate is not at the level of any of the midfielders we currently have.
Unless and until Ejaria comes out and states categorically that he is a Super Eagle (and has the clearance to match), he and the likes of Lookman are all a pipe dream in my book.
Dude, you have been following African football for several years now and should know that big names and big teams don't mean jack in African football. Wasn't Osimhen pocketed by the CAR defender who plays in the German 4th division in the Lagos match? Didn't Benin Republic take out the 'mighty' Moroccan team in the last AFCON, with Hakimi and all their superstars? Didn't Cote D'Ivoire, with Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalu, Yayah Toure and Gervinho lose the AFCON final to a bunch of Zambian home based players? Big names and big clubs don't mean a hill of beans in African football.

I think the current SE has the deepest quality team of most, if not all the African teams. Our bench has evolved to be even more solid than before and to I am confident of the overall depth of the team. That will come into play during the home and home series for a world cup spot.
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:52 pm Otitokoro

Rohr should have called up

Nwakali, Nwobodo by now

He should have called Alhassan in September , when he was not injured

If Ejaria has truly been cleared by FIFA it is a crime he has not been called.

As for your claims CIV is not better man for man, that is utter nonsense.

The only position we beat them in is Striker

Let's look at Defence

They have centre backs at Man U, Wolves, Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen,, while our starters are in Scotland and a newly promoted Championship team. They kill us at central defence.

Wing backs they have Cornet, Aurier (just joined Villareal) Kamara at Nice, Khonan (plays in France) Singo who plays with Aina at Torino.

Aina , Ebuehi, and Zaidu are not better than that collective. In fact we are playing Collins who is in German 2nd division and is worse than all his ivorian counterparts.

Do not get me started on midfield where CIV absolutely destroys us.

Kessie (Milan)
Sangare (PSV)
Maiga (Metz)
Traore (Sassuolo)
Fofana (Lens)
Akpo (Lazio)

That is what a midfield should look like, not 3 players including a mechanic playing in Sweden who can't pass a simple ball.

Wingers

Gervinho, Boga, Pepe, Zaha, Cornet

All we got is Chuks and MOSES SIMON for heavens sake. Oh I forgot Ahmed "I can't make a pass" Musa.

You can't be serious.

As I said we are loaded in the Striker department with Osimehn, Nacho, Onuachu, Moffi, Sadiq, Awoniyi, while all they have is Haller. This is the only position we Trump them.

Goalkeeping is about equal in terms of starters but we have better options on bench.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It is astonishing the lengths some will go to defend Rohrs criminal decisions regarding midfield.

Suddenly we are asked what Nwakali has done to earn a call when the clown is calling up junks from Cyprus and Sweden. The junk from Sweden cannot pass or even trap a ball, yet we are told he is "bossing the midfield"

We are told there must be a reason for Nwobodos omission. "Defending not good enough"

Yet he leads Turkey for 2 seasons in tackles per game, plus gives us added technical and passing ability over the Swedish brick layer.

We are told there must be a reason Alhassan has not been called, yet before his injury he was literally one of the hottest players in Belgium with an insane workmates, and good dribbling, passing, and tackling stats.

Keep fooling yourselves and making stupid excuses for the clown who calls up junks and ignorea the midfield. Then you wonder why our play is so disjointed and why the defenders hoof the ball up to search for Osimehn.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Aside from Algeria and Senegal non of the other teams have been impressive. Morocco played all their games at home which is ridiculous and unfair to their opponents. Guinea and GB should have bern allowed to play their home games in West Africa. IVC is good on paper but they still have to face Cameroon. Algeria still have a big game vs B Faso as well. bottom line is this WCQs is faaaar from done. As for Naija its one step at a time. Lets get past thus group 1st before thinking of the next round.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:02 pm Aside from Algeria and Senegal non of the other teams have been impressive. Morocco played all their games at home which is ridiculous and unfair to their opponents. Guinea and GB should have bern allowed to play their home games in West Africa. IVC is good on paper but they still have to face Cameroon. Algeria still have a big game vs B Faso as well. bottom line is this WCQs is faaaar from done. As for Naija its one step at a time. Lets get past thus group 1st before thinking of the next round.
I do not believe it was unfair. As far as I know they had a choice of venue to host their games. It was on them. Nigeria played CAR in Cameroon and not in CAR. Why did those countries not choose to use Cameroon for their home games?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:16 pm
bret- hart wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:02 pm Aside from Algeria and Senegal non of the other teams have been impressive. Morocco played all their games at home which is ridiculous and unfair to their opponents. Guinea and GB should have bern allowed to play their home games in West Africa. IVC is good on paper but they still have to face Cameroon. Algeria still have a big game vs B Faso as well. bottom line is this WCQs is faaaar from done. As for Naija its one step at a time. Lets get past thus group 1st before thinking of the next round.
I do not believe it was unfair. As far as I know they had a choice of venue to host their games. It was on them. Nigeria played CAR in Cameroyon and not in CAR. Why did those countries not choose to use Cameroon for their home games?
If thats the case then thats dumb. They should have played their home games in Accra or Abidjan. They basically gave Morocco a free pass to the next round.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bret hart,

That is my thinking but it needs to be confirmed.

This type of arrangements beyond the much older resulting of having just one instead of two legged affairs during cases like a coup, began during the Ebola cases. In the Ebola cases, Morocco made offers to the teams to host them and took care of a large part of the funding. One wonders if that funding aspect was in place u here and how that influenced these decisions.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:30 pm Bret hart,

That is my thinking but it needs to be confirmed.

This type of arrangements beyond the much older resulting of having just one instead of two legged affairs during cases like a coup, began during the Ebola cases. In the Ebola cases, Morocco made offers to the teams to host them and took care of a large part of the funding. One wonders if that funding aspect was in place u here and how that influenced these decisions.
I’m not sure I understood much of that…
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:54 pm Tobi

For one the CIV coach does not IGNORE midfield.

So right there they have an advantage over us.

If you look at their squads they have like 6 to 7 proper midfielders in their camp compared to our 3.

Ndidi is pretty much a world class destroyer who would definitely start for their team.

They have 2 way midfielder like Sangare and Kessie who would both easily start for our team. Not to mention Fofana. These guys are easily better than Onyeka, or even Aribo.

They have an exciting young attacking midfielder in Traore who has put up decent numbers in Italy with Sassuolo. He can score , dribble, and playmake. Plus they have decent bench options that play in Italy and France, while our bench currently consists of a bricklayer named Bonke and a wastepipe in Cyprus.

Stop lying to yourself, our midfield is currently nowhere near there's, nor does our coach even think the midfield is important.

Do you think calling up 3 midfielders and 9 defenders is a recipe for success ?

Do you want to go into battle with Bonke, Shehu, and Musa as options on the bench ?
All these names yet ivory Coast didht look any better against Malawi than we did against CAR, DUDE I'm not making any excuses for Rohr as I believe the man is just too dense to understand the importance of having a proper midfield in numbers, depth and quality. The bone I'm picking against you is your baseless and overhyped notion that CIV have better quality than us in midfield and defence...
when it's obvious that the only stand out player they have in MF is Kessie surrounded by a bunch of other decent players

I insist that a well coached SE team will beat CIV anytime and anywhere!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm

I suppose by 'good football' you mean efficient and organized football, because watching the teams you listed this past week, I would not describe them as playing 'good' football...

They are efficient, organized and professional. Cannot say I've seen that in Rhor's team in last 4yrs. At least not with any semblance of consistency...
But here blabbering about pitches.

:atc: :roll:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:31 pm
txj wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:59 pm

I suppose by 'good football' you mean efficient and organized football, because watching the teams you listed this past week, I would not describe them as playing 'good' football...

They are efficient, organized and professional. Cannot say I've seen that in Rhor's team in last 4yrs. At least not with any semblance of consistency...
But here blabbering about pitches.

:atc: :roll:

I understand that you cannot fathom two concepts simultaneously.

A poor pitch is ALWAYS a factor for a technical team.

But you have to be good in the first place...

Since Nov 2016, I've consistently pointed to the failures of Rohr and his team...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

iworo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 pmYou're making it sound as if CAR has never beating any of the continent's powerhouse nations.

Central African Republic pulled off a remarkable upset on 6/15/2012 by inflicting a first home defeat on Egypt in 47 years of African Nations Cup qualifying. They were able to beat the 2010 AFCON winner.

Central African Republic beat Algeria in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in October 2010. The fourth placed team at 2010 AFCON and one of the African teams in 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Some Nigerians and their love of MEDIOCRITY... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAR has not won a game since 2019, and was on a run of 1 draw and 9 losses (including a 0-5 loss versus Rwanda THIS YEAR) when they came to Nigeria and beat us on our home soil. But instead of some Nigerians sobering up, they resort to ANCIENT HISTORY to cite CAR wins from about a DECADE AGO!

Next, they will point out that Ethiopia and Sudan used to be AFCON champions. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:44 pmI put my money where my mouth is, how much are you willing to bet on the SE qualifying to the WC regardless of any group we are seeded in?
Some of you folks are outright STRANGE...
When should any SE (or Nigerian) fan be betting AGAINST the SE 's WCQ campaign?! :shock:

It is clear that some of your folks simply do not get it. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:16 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:44 pmI put my money where my mouth is, how much are you willing to bet on the SE qualifying to the WC regardless of any group we are seeded in?
Some of you folks are outright STRANGE...
When should any SE (or Nigerian) fan be betting AGAINST the SE 's WCQ campaign?! :shock:

It is clear that some of your folks simply do not get it. SMH
shocking
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Gotti wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:11 am
iworo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:55 pmYou're making it sound as if CAR has never beating any of the continent's powerhouse nations.

Central African Republic pulled off a remarkable upset on 6/15/2012 by inflicting a first home defeat on Egypt in 47 years of African Nations Cup qualifying. They were able to beat the 2010 AFCON winner.

Central African Republic beat Algeria in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in October 2010. The fourth placed team at 2010 AFCON and one of the African teams in 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Some Nigerians and their love of MEDIOCRITY... :lol: :lol: :lol:

CAR has not won a game since 2019, and was on a run of 1 draw and 9 losses (including a 0-5 loss versus Rwanda THIS YEAR) when they came to Nigeria and beat us on our home soil. But instead of some Nigerians sobering up, they resort to ANCIENT HISTORY to cite CAR wins from about a DECADE AGO!

Next, they will point out that Ethiopia and Sudan used to be AFCON champions. SMH
The point is, these freak results can happen when you're in a bad place and caught off guard. The victory against Egypt is very likely due to their upheavals during the Arab Spring, with the local league being shut down etc.

I believe there are some serious underlining morale issues in our team. Let's not pretend the result was just down to bad coaching. Even if that team had no coach, I'm sure on an average day, they would beat the current CAR side.

I just hope Pinnick resolves the various issues with player bonuses and coach salaries before the big games.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes