CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by maceo4 »

akamoke wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:12 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:10 pm Na CAR we play oo. Just like playing Eritrea
And you can only beat the team that’s in front of you. It’s the same guys that beat us last week, you remember?
That was inexplicable, we can’t praise our players for beating 4th division players, we haven’t sunk that low to be celebrating this…we should have been professional and won both games, even that shouldn’t be celebrated as we should be using these teams as training fodder to build up a cohesive team for the next round where we will be facing much tougher opposition.
If we can chastize them for losing, we can praise them for winning, otherwise we are just a sad , sorry, miserable bunch...maybe we should live a little. We won, 3 points in the bag and the mission to qualify for 2022 is still on

All this while realising we have more work to do
Sure you can praise if you want, I’m more looking at the bigger picture in that we are further behind in our team play and cohesion compared to other top African teams I’m watching on ESPN+. I’m hoping we can step up when the time calls for it but we really shouldn’t be sweating over these games with the likes of CAR if we are truly at an elite level team on the continent. I’m happy and will celebrate the win, but won’t be heaping praises on a team for doing what it’s supposed to do esp when they are struggling to…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 pm I honestly hope the debate about Ejuke doesn't get out of hand. He's an exceptional talent. What he needs now is a developmental coach (at club level) and a nurturing coach at National Team level. We'd only be better for it as he grows into maturity.

To me, his game is very similar to Messi's game. He doesn't have Messi's marksmanship...so people will keep saying he should have passed to X/ he should have passed to Y. But they don't say that about Messi, because when Messi goes on his runs, he scores.
We have been watching the most dross, uninspiring, predictable football.

Ejuke is the best thing to happen to SE for a while. Yes he needs to improve, but Rohr needs to find a way to use him. Even as an impact sub once our first teamers return, but the guy is a gem. I do not expect to see any squads without EJuke from now on.

To think the corrupt NFF forced Musa and Iwuala on us at the expense of EJuke just provokes serious anger. :boo:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:32 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pmYou guys should realize that regardless of what Osimhen did, Ejuke was NOT going to pass the ball, he never looked up once to try and find a teammate. He was head down run run run…
He was "head down" because he was struggling to stay on his feet as he rode myriad tackles...

Rather have a player who dares to run at (and take on) opposing defenders, than the army of sideways/backward passers who populate the team.
KPOM!
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 0

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 pm CAR playing 1-9-1
Wow! :lol: :lol: :lol: 1-9-1 formation, eh? That's a new one, smile
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:34 pm
It’s called 10 men behind the ball. :D
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

tedder89 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 pm Panic? What panic…..?
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pmMe, I didn't panic on Thursday. Embarrassed? Yes. Disappointed? Absolutely. But topping the table and losing to an inferior team on a defensive blunder did not spell panic to me.
Semantics... :lol:

One man's "disappointment" could be classified another person's "panic"...
After all the comments that you have dubbed "panic" were merely criticisms.

As I said on Thursday, we should still win the group comfortably...
Nonetheless, watching the other groups, we need to CONSIDERABLY up our game.
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:42 pm right formation, wrong players.

This coach is an angel* and needs to go.

Somebody pay the Cameroon military to detain this clown after the match.
Request GRANTED :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ejuke stats in Russia according to whoscored

#10 ranked player in the league
2 goals and 2 assists top of league is 8 goals and 4 assists
#1 for dribbles per match
#64 for key passes per match
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:43 pm I'm done with Rohr.

I will adopt a new team in the meantime.
:agree:
At last.

Now you can leave the SE alone! We dont need a fan like you
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 pm
I know Lolly. That's almost the same strategy CAR applied in the first game and luckily they won
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:34 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:19 pmYou guys should realize that regardless of what Osimhen did, Ejuke was NOT going to pass the ball, he never looked up once to try and find a teammate. He was head down run run run…
He was "head down" because he was struggling to stay on his feet as he rode myriad tackles...

Rather have a player who dares to run at (and take on) opposing defenders, than the army of sideways/backward passers who populate the team.
KPOM!
Of course I’ll take him all day, but two things can be true, he can be a daring runner which gives us a different option than our other more static players, but at the same time could also be a selfish player who’s individual ability can be easily sheparded by the opposition by crowding him out simply because he doesn’t look to combine with his teammates.

Trust me, this is not my first rodeo with Ejuke, I watched him a lot during his time with Heerenveen, he hasn’t changed much and has never seen a dribble he didn’t like. I was disappointed he went to CSKA as they are not the type of club that will turn him into a more productive player.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:39 pm
tedder89 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:29 pm Panic? What panic…..?
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:30 pmMe, I didn't panic on Thursday. Embarrassed? Yes. Disappointed? Absolutely. But topping the table and losing to an inferior team on a defensive blunder did not spell panic to me.
Semantics... :lol:

One man's "disgrace" could be classified another person's "panic"...
After all the comments that you have dubbed "panic" were merely criticisms.

As I said on Thursday, we should still win the group comfortably...
Nonetheless, watching the other groups, we need to CONSIDERABLY up our game.

One man's disgrace can be classified as another man's orgasm also. Check out the people who get off on eating other peoples feces. Doesn't make it "semantics".

Panic is pretty obvious when one sees it. If you panicked, okay. I did not.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:43 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:34 pm

KPOM!
Of course I’ll take him all day, but two things can be true, he can be a daring runner which gives us a different option than our other more static players, but at the same time could also be a selfish player who’s individual ability can be easily sheparded by the opposition by crowding him out simply because he doesn’t look to combine with his teammates.

Trust me, this is not my first rodeo with Ejuke, I watched him a lot during his time with Heerenveen, he hasn’t changed much and has never seen a dribble he didn’t like. I was disappointed he went to CSKA as they are not the type of club that will turn him into a more productive player.
I agree he has a little distance to go before being READY. But let us put it all in perspective. What that boy's got, the rest of the team don't have.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:40 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:43 pm I'm done with Rohr.

I will adopt a new team in the meantime.
:agree:
At last.

Now you can leave the SE alone! We dont need a fan like you
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:41 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:37 pm
I know Lolly. That's almost the same strategy CAR applied in the first game and luckily they won
I’ll ask y’all this, what formation do you think other lowly teams are playing against Algeria, Senegal et al? None of these teams are giving them anything, they are using the same full defense counter attack tactic but the elite teams are just more superior and are able to break them down with dynamism and superior attacking cohesion that we are lacking.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:43 pmOne man's disgrace can be classified as another man's orgasm also. Check out the people who get off on eating other peoples feces. Doesn't make it "semantics".

Panic is pretty obvious when one sees it. If you panicked, okay. I did not.
Dude, your UNCOUTH and JUVENILE ad hominen drivel merely betrays a lack of a substantive argument and a CRUDE PERSONAL UPBRINGING. Do better bro. Try to overcome than your natural circumstances and grow up! SMH
Last edited by Gotti on Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What other Archaic slang will you use next.

He was getting jiggy with it?
Ejuke needs to take a Chill pill?
That dribble was Phat?

Peace in the Middle East??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm Ejuke is all that plus a bag of chips
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Congrats to the team. :clap: :clap:

Still topping the group and on track to qualify for the next round.

It was a shocking lacklustre game at home against CAR but the buffer we had built made it possible to absorb such a suck and still be on top of the group. We have to give Rohr some credit for that.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:58 pm What other Archaic slang will you use next.

He was getting jiggy with it?
Ejuke needs to take a Chill pill?
That dribble was Phat?

Peace in the Middle East??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :???: :???: :???: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:49 pm Ejuke is all that plus a bag of chips

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

How is Collins better than Sanusi?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:58 pm How is Collins better than Sanusi?
hes not better than Sanusi or Aina, I'd even take Ebuehi at left back over him.

such an average player.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

This Cape Verde v. Liberia match sweet pass our own sef.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 pm This Cape Verde v. Liberia match sweet pass our own sef.
That's because both teams are actually coming out to play open football without either side sitting back, unfortunately Nigeria will have to deal with playing against park the bus minnow teams that will rely on momentum and rare luck like we saw against CAR in Lagos.