CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lacidi
Egg
Egg
Re: CAR 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by lacidi »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:17 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 pm This Cape Verde v. Liberia match sweet pass our own sef.
That's because both teams are actually coming out to play open football without either side sitting back, unfortunately Nigeria will have to deal with playing against park the bus minnow teams that will rely on momentum and rare luck like we saw against CAR in Lagos.
But really, that the normal way small teams play in African football. It's not a new thing. All big teams are going the same thing, but they still play good football. Did you watch the 1st leg of Mali v. Kenya, or Burkina v. Djibouti or Algeria v. Djibouti or SA v. Ethiopia?
Try and rewatch the Senegal matches or Morocco. It's the same thing but they still win with huge margins and play beautiful football.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:21 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:13 pm This Cape Verde v. Liberia match sweet pass our own sef.
That's because both teams are actually coming out to play open football without either side sitting back, unfortunately Nigeria will have to deal with playing against park the bus minnow teams that will rely on momentum and rare luck like we saw against CAR in Lagos.
But really, that the normal way small teams play in African football. It's not a new thing. All big teams are going the same thing, but they still play good football. Did you watch the 1st leg of Mali v. Kenya, or Burkina v. Djibouti or Algeria v. Djibouti or SA v. Ethiopia?
Try and rewatch the Senegal matches or Morocco. It's the same thing but they still win with huge margins and play beautiful football.
I agree, but you will never get beautiful attacking football from a Rohr coached team... that's why it's clear Rohr isn't the right man for this team considering our attacking quality. The general rule of thumb is that we just endure him till AFCON starts and if he fails to meet the target (either win or get to the final of the AFCON), then it's lights out for him.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cape Verde too close for comfort. They have 7 points while we have 9 points. We must win our next game and win the group. No more slips.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:16 pm Cape Verde too close for comfort. They have 7 points while we have 9 points. We must win our next game and win the group. No more slips.
As close as it appears, mathematically 2 draws will win the group for us.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:27 pm
I agree, but you will never get beautiful attacking football from a Rohr coached team... that's why it's clear Rohr isn't the right man for this team considering our attacking quality. The general rule of thumb is that we just endure him till AFCON starts and if he fails to meet the target (either win or get to the final of the AFCON), then it's lights out for him.
No dude it will be stupid to fire him after afcon and throw a new coach straight into the playoffs.

He must be sacked NOW.

that way the new coach has some time to figure things out, its either now or never.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

green4life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:16 pm Cape Verde too close for comfort. They have 7 points while we have 9 points. We must win our next game and win the group. No more slips.
True, only if we have a better goal difference since our final game is against Cape Verde.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm
No dude it will be stupid to fire him after afcon and throw a new coach straight into the playoffs.

He must be sacked NOW.

that way the new coach has some time to figure things out, its either now or never.
Yesterday, Hosanna. Today Crucify Him :boo:

Same person insulting people who called for Rohr's sack???
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm

He must be sacked NOW.

I agree with you, but we both know NFF can't afford to sack him right now unless they somehow find a way to pay off his salary and whatever contractual benefits he's due for. The only way Rohr will be gone without questions is if he fails to meet the target of either winning the AFCON, or reaching the final.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:18 pm
True, only if we have a better goal difference since our final game is against Cape Verde.
A traditionally low scoring CV team will have to win by a 4 goal margin given we have a 3 GD advantage plus away win (for head to head when tied on GD). My point is there’s no gloom given we should be able to get a result anywhere against Liberia and even if it comes down to the last game, our destiny remains in our hands. If our boys want to go to Qatar, they know what to do.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm No dude it will be stupid to fire him after afcon and throw a new coach straight into the playoffs.

He must be sacked NOW.

Hope you're aware that the last two games to qualify from this group is next month?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:36 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:08 pm No dude it will be stupid to fire him after afcon and throw a new coach straight into the playoffs.

He must be sacked NOW.

Hope you're aware that the last two games to qualify from this group is next month?
He obviously doesn’t.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Same with Zambia vs Equatorial Guinea...
Man, our football has really slipped BACKWARDS! :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Gotti wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:01 am
Same with Zambia vs Equatorial Guinea...
Man, our football has really slipped BACKWARDS! :oops:
Gotti,

Because those teams you mentioned actually came out to play football, the Liberia vs CV as well as Zambia vs EQ was entertaining to watch cause it was open end to end stuff. Against Nigeria these teams just park the molue bus, play some ugly football and rough up our boys... and Nigeria traditionally hasn't been known to do so well against these type of teams even as far back as our '94Golden generation It's hard to play attractive football against a low block team that just hunker down with 9 men and hoof the ball upfront... such "Park the bus and insha Allah" tactics makes for some boring football. And I'm not even trying to cover for Rohr as I'm in the same camp with every rational thinking Nigerian fan that sees how Rohr’s coaching and management is doing some serious injustice to the quality of the team.

That been said, it's obvious Rohr is severely limiting the quality of these team with his very minimal and overly cautious football.. when I see how teams like Algeria, Senegal, Morocco, CIV, heck even Mali break down minnow teams that park the bus with some beautiful attacking football and still run up the scores on them, it shreds my soul to imagine how lethal we would have been under a superb coach... if ONLY NFF could get their sh#t together and pay this man off!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Fellas how are other African FA’s able to afford to pay for good coaches yet Nigeria struggles??? A few years ago Cameroon employed Seedorf
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:58 pm
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:56 pm
airwolex wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:51 pm
waka-man wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:50 pm I get why coaches pick Simon. Very disciplined performance. Perfect for a wingback.
This man, you sabi bolu :thumbs:
I alwayd liked him

Yimu. Wingback, you guys can have him if you like. But as an attacking player/winger? He's a complete zero. Cannot run fast, cannot cross, cannot cut in, cannot dribble, cannot score. All he has is effort.
I actually agree. As part of a front three, he’s not good enough. But I’m the system we played today, he’s the best we have, and he’s pretty good.
Ok, but tell me this. I'm not super sure what formation Rohr was playing, because with Collins and Omeruo both present, I wasn't sure who the 3rd center back was- Collins or Omeruo. If Collins was the 3rd center back, then it means that Omeruo was the wingback and thus Simon spent 90 minutes giving him defensive cover, and producing nothing offensively.

Me ehn, I think one has to construct a team in a way that gives you advantages. Don't waste spots. Are there some things Simon does well? Yes, but he's so limited offensively that he hurts the team.
Omeruo was the left centre back. Collins was the leftwing back.

But sort of like Keshi used to do where on side of his midfield would often make a 5th defender (the surprise tactic that let Osage attack from a “hidden” defensive position against Bosnia), Collins was clearly asked to act as a fourth defender when Awaziem was dragged too far right, as the main goal at this point was to not concede.

But clearly, Omeruo was the LCB and Collins the LWB.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

green4life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:39 pm
A traditionally low scoring CV team will have to win by a 4 goal margin given we have a 3 GD advantage plus away win (for head to head when tied on GD). My point is there’s no gloom given we should be able to get a result anywhere against Liberia and even if it comes down to the last game, our destiny remains in our hands. If our boys want to go to Qatar, they know what to do.
You guys are deceiving yourselves. If Cape Verde beats Nigeria in Lagos they will qualify. They are only 2pts behind.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Robotnik wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:23 am
You guys are deceiving yourselves. If Cape Verde beats Nigeria in Lagos they will qualify. They are only 2pts behind.
...will not happen given the shame CAR showed then in Lagos. Hopefully a full compliment of players will be present.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

We have GD advantage of +3

And these are the remaining matches in the group

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

We just have to beat Liberia and we will be fine. If we can't beat Liberia, then we don't have any business at the world cup.

delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Lolly wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:38 pm

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

We just have to beat Liberia and we will be fine. If we can't beat Liberia, then we don't have any business at the world cup.
you are right brother if we can not beat liberia we dont have business in world cup .and the match will be play in accra.we hard enough of going to world cup and we can not make impact let the other country go try in africa.
thanks
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

A win against Liberia takes us to 12 points. Cape Verde can still get to 13 points (if they win their last two games). It's very unlikely they'll win in Nigeria, but mathematically they can still qualify even if we win in Liberia. Or am I missing something?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Orion wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:25 pm

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

A win against Liberia takes us to 12 points. Cape Verde can still get to 13 points (if they win their last two games). It's very unlikely they'll win in Nigeria, but mathematically they can still qualify even if we win in Liberia. Or am I missing something?
yeah you are right if cape verde beat CAR AND NIGERIA in NIGERIA which is possible ,anyway the country that want more we qualifier ,i hope NFF make sure the players get at least full 3 days to prepare not like against CAR in Nigeria because it just like our players lack nore energy which i think affect them.
thanks
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

delisyomie don wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:38 pm

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

yeah you are right if cape verde beat CAR AND NIGERIA in NIGERIA which is possible ,anyway the country that want more we qualifier ,i hope NFF make sure the players get at least full 3 days to prepare not like against CAR in Nigeria because it just like our players lack nore energy which i think affect them.
I think sometimes we go into an overdrive analysis. Nigeria clearly has the best players in this group and on the usual day should dominate and win. The only unknown is psychological readiness and that is the responsibility of the managers. These issues can happen anywhere even in individual-based sport like tennis let alone ream sport involving such complicates as a group of 11 men. This is why a good manager matters.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

11 Nov 2021
Cape Verde v CAR
Liberia v Nigeria

14 Nov 2021
Nigeria v Cape Verde
Liberia v CAR

I meant beating Liberia would put us in the driving seat. And am confident Cape Verde won't beat us in Lagos, I predict a draw the way we have been playing in Lagos.