I AM NOW 100% BEHIND SACKING GERNOT ROHR

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I AM NOW 100% BEHIND SACKING GERNOT ROHR

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:11 pm
fabio wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:41 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 am Pinnick should also go. BtW no one cares if you are behind sacking Rohr or not. The guy should have been sacked after the 2018 world cup in Russia. Nigeria just wasted 3 years in valuable WC preparation time.
Pinnock is the best NFF chairman in our lifetime. It would really be a sad day for Nigerian football, when he leaves office.
Fabio

I think many people do not understand that. While I loathe many things about Pinnick, I must say that he is the best NFF Chairman in my lifetime and that covers a very long period. When he is done in the position, I just do not want Nigerian football to go back to the past. We must move to better things.

Based on what exactly?
I want to know as well, our local youth development seems to have suffered under him which to me means he would be one of the worst as he’s stunting the future of our footie program for a short term strategy of focusing on other countries left over players that might have a drop of naija blood flowing in them.

His so called autonomy from the government means he can’t pay players or coaches.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:09 am Pinnick should also go. BtW no one cares if you are behind sacking Rohr or not. The guy should have been sacked after the 2018 world cup in Russia. Nigeria just wasted 3 years in valuable WC preparation time.
Pinnock is the best NFF chairman in our lifetime. It would really be a sad day for Nigerian football, when he leaves office.
Fabio

I think many people do not understand that. While I loathe many things about Pinnick, I must say that he is the best NFF Chairman in my lifetime and that covers a very long period. When he is done in the position, I just do not want Nigerian football to go back to the past. We must move to better things.
what our youth football is finally dead. Interest in Naija soccer team at all levels looks like it is an all time low. The super eagles are doing okay. Maybe organizationally, he is doing something. But on the actual performance on the field, there is no evidence to back up what you are saying.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

amafolas wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 pm
Fabio

what our youth football is finally dead. Interest in Naija soccer team at all levels looks like it is an all time low. The super eagles are doing okay. Maybe organizationally, he is doing something. But on the actual performance on the field, there is no evidence to back up what you are saying.
But why do you say this?
Have you familiarised yourself with current youth programs in Nigeria?
Or are you simply going by the fact that we didn’t qualify for the U17 World Cup and are not African champions?

I’m asking because everyone seems to be recycling the same factually incorrect stories without bothering to do even basic research.
Some even think that the SE should be populated by recent U17 ‘stars’ by now and their absence is therefore “evidence” of the failure of our youth football.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He probably is but what does that say about Nigerian society?I’m sure he’s a nice man but he is so unprofessional and I learnt that when he started knocking on footballers fathers doors and told the press and boasted about partying with players and then the rant about $10,000 each after an Afcon victory and the story about keeping players up at night to discuss payments etc…..
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:58 pm
amafolas wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:11 pm
Fabio

But why do you say this?
Have you familiarised yourself with current youth programs in Nigeria?
Or are you simply going by the fact that we didn’t qualify for the U17 World Cup and are not African champions?

I’m asking because everyone seems to be recycling the same factually incorrect stories without bothering to do even basic research.
Some even think that the SE should be populated by recent U17 ‘stars’ by now and their absence is therefore “evidence” of the failure of our youth football.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Since you have the insider information can you fill us in on what’s happening with all our youth programs from the U-12 that the likes of Iheanacho came from all the way up? There seems to be a dearth of information regarding these teams/programs but hopefully you have the info, im just curious.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!