Bring all international football back to the Eagles Nest

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Bring all international football back to the Eagles Nest

Post by Orion »

This place is DEAD.

Why? Because we wanted to cater to a small minority who whined constantly that they only wanted to discuss Nigerian football.

There is so much going on now with the World Cup qualifiers. In the past, we had Africans from all over the continent here discussing the ongoing competition. Now, most have left.

Keep in mind many Africans only found this forum, registered, and started posting here because they had an interest in Nigerian football in the first place. Their interest in the SE brought them here and the lively debates about African football, in general, kept them here.

Let league football stay in the other forum.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Bring all international football back to the Eagles Nest

Post by 1naija »

I agree with your request. I have advocated for this since the split was made. I think the moderators and Admin overeacted by moving African football with EPL to the World Football forum. I think we should have just one Eagles nest for the SE and other kpe kpe African teams like Ghana and Kenya etc, and delete the World Football forum pata pata! Let those that want to discuss Man U and Arsenal football go to those clubs forum and stop wasting our sever space. That forum serves no purpose whatsoever!

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:14 pm This place is DEAD.

Why? Because we wanted to cater to a small minority who whined constantly that they only wanted to discuss Nigerian football.

There is so much going on now with the World Cup qualifiers. In the past, we had Africans from all over the continent here discussing the ongoing competition. Now, most have left.

Keep in mind many Africans only found this forum, registered, and started posting here because they had an interest in Nigerian football in the first place. Their interest in the SE brought them here and the lively debates about African football, in general, kept them here.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

I said it then and I’ll say it now. That move was a mistake. As you said, it was catering to a very small but very vocal minority.

Not just international football. Bring the club football back too
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Caf Competitions and coverage of African teams should be brought back to EN but no Euro leagues abeg.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

NO TO CLUB FOOTBALL!!!!!
deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 pm I said it then and I’ll say it now. That move was a mistake. As you said, it was catering to a very small but very vocal minority.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

SMDH

There's a feature known as "STRICTLY FOOTBALL" that aggregates the football subforums into one.

Eagles Nest remains for the Eagles.

If you want to read an aggregate of other football topics then click on "Strictly football"!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, e be like say you just dismiss him suggestion without even giving it a chance. He is not saying there is nowhere that aggregates football subforum. He is saying we should be able to discuss Work Cup Qualifiers, especiallly CAF qualifiers, along with the SE games on Eagles Nest. Unlike European club football that have no bearing on the SE,the CAF qualifiers do! Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Tunisia, Senegal, Egypt etc may not be in our group, but how they perform if of interest to us. I think his sugggestion should at least be considered and discussed and not be outright dismissed..... Instead, let's delete the World Footbal forum completely.

Cellular wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:54 pm

SMDH

There's a feature known as "STRICTLY FOOTBALL" that aggregates the football subforums into one.

If you want to read an aggregate of other football topics then click on "Strictly football"!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:54 pm

SMDH

👍👍👍👍This is a site strictly for Nigerian football. If someone wants to talk non-Nigerian football, there are numerous options other than a site dedicated to Nigerian football. I also participate in such discussions but I respect the goal of this site.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:07 pm
Cellular wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:54 pm SMDH

👍👍👍👍This is a site strictly for Nigerian football.
If someone wants to talk non-Nigerian football, there are numerous options other than a site dedicated to Nigerian football.
I also participate in such discussions but I respect the goal of this site.
:agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

That feature is not obvious, hence not effective if we go by the result. The forum is dying and most people who previously discussed African football here have left.

It's not just about having a feature, but whether it's effective in growing this community. Growing the community and attracting more members should be a goal too. If we don't, it'll just be a steady decline.

All I'm asking is to go partly back to a format that has been successful in the past. CE was a much more vibrant and diverse place then.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:24 pm

That feature is not obvious, hence not effective if we go by the result. The forum is dying and most people who previously discussed African football here have left.

It's not just about having a feature, but whether it's effective in fostering a community (which is what this forum is all about).

All I'm asking is to go partly back to a format that has been successful in the past. CE was a much more vibrant and diverse place then.
Actually, the forum was successfully at a time period. What we need is more visuals and video to attract younger folks. The Euro football won't do it. A site can sustain Nigerian focused football with videos and newer stuff but going to European football dramatically changes the focus of the site. It certainly would not make sense then to still call it Cybereagles if it becomes deluged with discussions on European football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

...Also the moderators should learn to merge topics and discussions that are glaringly similar.
That should reduce the clutter, and reduce derailment of threads by those bringing dissimilar
arguments into threads.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:31 pm

It's not just about having a feature, but whether it's effective in fostering a community (which is what this forum is all about).

Actually, the forum was successfully at a time period. What we need is more visuals and video to attract younger folks. The Euro football won't do it. A site can sustain Nigerian focused football with videos and newer stuff but going to European football dramatically changes the focus of the site. It certainly would not make sense then to still call it Cybereagles if it becomes deluged with discussions on European football.
I said international football. Games between Arsenal and Chelsea etc can stay in another forum if folks don't want them here.

But do we want to discuss a match between CIV and Cameroon here? Yes! Especially as we could meet them in the next round or at the AFCON.

Would most SE/African fans want to discuss an ongoing match between Brazil and France here? Yes!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

It's not just about having a feature, but whether it's effective in growing this community. Growing the community and attracting more members should be a goal too. If we don't, it'll just be a steady decline.

Eagles Nest as the name implies is about all things Naija football.

We have an International Football subforum.

We also have the ability for those who don't want to go to different forums to discuss football, to have them aggregate the two forums into a "Strictly Football" subsection. You get the same thing you are asking for.

I can't go to an Arsenal forum and be discussing African Worldcup qualifiers or the impact of EPL on African WCQ.

In fact, as an American football fan, my team fan site won't allow posts about other teams in the same division. They will move it to the rest of the NFL. Folks know the rule and they abide by it. Here we are talking about "convenience"? For whom?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is eagles nest and should be strictly about Nigerian football. You don't go to assanal forums and start shouting let us have Bayern, Chelsea, Barca etc threads because they are all in Europe.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

joao wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:36 pm ...Also the moderators should learn to merge topics and discussions that are glaringly similar.
That should reduce the clutter, and reduce derailment of threads by those bringing dissimilar
arguments into threads.

This is yet another example of a solution looking for a problem…the kind of advice that led to them needlessly chopping up the forum in the first place
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:48 pm

We also have the ability for those who don't want to go to different forums to discuss football, to have them aggregate the two forums into a "Strictly Football" subsection. You get the same thing you are asking for.

I can't go to an Arsenal forum and be discussing African Worldcup qualifiers or the impact of EPL on African WCQ.

In fact, as an American football fan, my team fan site won't allow posts about other teams in the same division. They will move it to the rest of the NFL. Folks know the rule and they abide by it. Here we are talking about "convenience"? For whom?
The feature may seem obvious to you, but it is clearly not working in helping to grow this community.

I don't know if you're in business, but it's not about what is obvious or logical to you. It's about how others are responding to it. That is the real test. I once had a website where everything was working perfectly every time I tested it, but people kept reporting issues. It turned out from the logs that they were making mistakes. I had to look at why so many people were making a mistake and take responsibility for reorganizing things to cater for that.

The Strictly Soccer thing was not even obvious to me and I'm a mod here.

Instead of changing a working formula because of a small vocal minority, why not do the reverse and create a feature that can filter Nigerian football for those who only want to see threads on Nigerian football?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Agreed!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:10 pm

The feature may seem obvious to you, but it is clearly not working in helping to grow this community.

I don't know if you're in business, but it's not about what is obvious or logical to you, but how others are responding to it. That is the real test. I once had a website where everything was working perfectly every time I tested it, but people kept reporting issues. It turned out from the logs that they were making mistakes. I had to look at why so many people were making a mistake and take responsibility for reorganizing things to cater for that.

Instead of changing a working formula because of a small vocal minority, why not do the reverse and create a feature that can filter Nigerian football for those who only want to see threads on Nigerian football?
All other fan forums have specific forums dedicated to the team the fans support. We shouldn't see SE specific content drowned out by non-SE content. Those that want to see all content should use the "Strictly Soccer" function.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

deanotito wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 pm I said it then and I’ll say it now. That move was a mistake. As you said, it was catering to a very small but very vocal minority.

I've asked in the past for CE members to be given the opportunity to vote on this.

I'm sure Cellular won't put this to a vote because it'll reveal that the people who want this isolated forum are a minority. :sneaky:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:10 pm

I don't know if you're in business, but it's not about what is obvious or logical to you. It's about how others are responding to it. That is the real test. I once had a website where everything was working perfectly every time I tested it, but people kept reporting issues. It turned out from the logs that they were making mistakes. I had to look at why so many people were making a mistake and take responsibility for reorganizing things to cater for that.

Go on a Ghanaian or Cameroonian website and ask them to cater for other Africans.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

We must have a separate Nigerian football sub forum like we have now. No debating.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Orion wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm

I've asked in the past for CE members to be given the opportunity to vote on this.

I'm sure Cellular won't put this to a vote because it'll reveal that the people who want this isolated forum are a minority. :sneaky:
It is crazy to ask for a vote. An appropriate vote should not be one with a possibility of removing a FOCUS ON SUPER EAGLES on a SUPER EAGLES SITE. That just does not make sense. If you want a vote it should be whether or not a sub-forum should be allowed at all on other football that is not Super Eagles. That is what such a vote should be limited to. Ask yourself this, if you vote for a Super Eagles site to be mixed with other football why then even have the sire as a Super Eagles sit? It does not make sense.