NIGERIA Played with 12 men....CAR Coach Claims

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NIGERIA Played with 12 men....CAR Coach Claims

Post by Enugu II »

“Nigeria played with 12 men” – Savoy gives reason for CAR’s defeat to the Super Eagles
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 8 hours ago in AFCON, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, World Cup 3
https://soccernet.ng/2021/10/nigeria-pl ... agles.html

Head coach of the Central African Republic, Raoul Savoy, has revealed the main reason his team lost to Nigeria in the matchday four clash of the World Cup qualifying campaign.

Savoy blames the centre referee Louis Hakizimana for giving the Super Eagles undue advantage, which helped the 2013 Afcon kings to secure a 2-0 victory at the Japoma Stadium in Douala, Cameroon.

The Swiss coach had engineered a shocking 1-0 win over the Nigerians at the Teslim Balogun Stadium on October 7, the Super Eagles’ first home defeat in a World Cup qualifier in 40 years.

Another victory in their adopted home in Cameroon would have seen the Central African Republic overtake the three-time African champions at the top of Group C.

But Rangers defender Leon Balogun beat the offside trap to connect with a deep Chidozie Awaziem cross on the half-hour mark to volley home the opening goal for Nigeria in Douala.

And Napoli’s Victor Osimhen made it two-nil in first-half stoppage time, after good work from Watford defender William Troost-Ekong.

But coach Savoy insists the referee should not have allowed both goals to stand as the first was offside, and the second arrived after a foul on his goalkeeper.

“Nigeria played with 12 men because the referee helped them to win,” the Swiss tactician told the press after the encounter.

“The first goal was from an offside position, and my goalkeeper was fouled for the second goal.

“We did not concede against Nigeria over the two legs; they scored with the help of the referee.”

The CAR remained third in Group C after that loss, five points behind leaders Nigeria, with their hopes of making it to Qatar 2022 all but over.

The Super Eagles have the Cape Verde Islands to worry about in the final two rounds of matches, though, with the Blue Sharks only two points behind the group leaders after beating Liberia in back-to-back games.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA Played with 12 men....CAR Coach Claims

Post by Tobi17 »

Anyway I blame Rohr for all this insult :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:03 am
“Nigeria played with 12 men” – Savoy gives reason for CAR’s defeat to the Super Eagles
Imhons Erons by Imhons Erons 8 hours ago in AFCON, News, NewsNow, Nigeria, World Cup 3
https://soccernet.ng/2021/10/nigeria-pl ... agles.html

Head coach of the Central African Republic, Raoul Savoy, has revealed the main reason his team lost to Nigeria in the matchday four clash of the World Cup qualifying campaign.

Savoy blames the centre referee Louis Hakizimana for giving the Super Eagles undue advantage, which helped the 2013 Afcon kings to secure a 2-0 victory at the Japoma Stadium in Douala, Cameroon.

The Swiss coach had engineered a shocking 1-0 win over the Nigerians at the Teslim Balogun Stadium on October 7, the Super Eagles’ first home defeat in a World Cup qualifier in 40 years.

Another victory in their adopted home in Cameroon would have seen the Central African Republic overtake the three-time African champions at the top of Group C.

But Rangers defender Leon Balogun beat the offside trap to connect with a deep Chidozie Awaziem cross on the half-hour mark to volley home the opening goal for Nigeria in Douala.

And Napoli’s Victor Osimhen made it two-nil in first-half stoppage time, after good work from Watford defender William Troost-Ekong.

But coach Savoy insists the referee should not have allowed both goals to stand as the first was offside, and the second arrived after a foul on his goalkeeper.

“Nigeria played with 12 men because the referee helped them to win,” the Swiss tactician told the press after the encounter.

“The first goal was from an offside position, and my goalkeeper was fouled for the second goal.

“We did not concede against Nigeria over the two legs; they scored with the help of the referee.”

The CAR remained third in Group C after that loss, five points behind leaders Nigeria, with their hopes of making it to Qatar 2022 all but over.

The Super Eagles have the Cape Verde Islands to worry about in the final two rounds of matches, though, with the Blue Sharks only two points behind the group leaders after beating Liberia in back-to-back games.
Serious, bad belle!!
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 am Anyway I blame Rohr for all this insult :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, na him (CAR's coach) sabi. Weda referee make us win or not, na him wahala be dat.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 am Anyway I blame Rohr for all this insult :rotf:
...I blame the players for allowing 4th tier league players to walk all over them.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

The man was right! The Ref bail us out big time! The Super Eagles are a rubbish team! No creativity in midfield, terrible defense, and a toothless offense! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Honestly, I am beginning to think that we are not a good team. Good players, but no team! The coach hasn't given the SE a true playing pattern. He is also very predictable- Oyimbo wall go always start. Think about it folks, 4-4 to Sierra Leone, Last-minute hustle to beat Benin, Struggle to beat Liberia, Lost to CAR, struggle to beat Cape Verde. Come on guys, it's no coincidence. The Coach does not inspire. Always talk down his team. Anyways, I don't blame him. Na Pinnick I blame. By the time he is done with Nigeria, he will have 12 new hotels added to his hotel in Bordeaux. Dumb Africans! No wonder today's Nigeria was easily invaded and colonized.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

highbury wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:04 pm Honestly, I am beginning to think that we are not a good team. Good players, but no team! The coach hasn't given the SE a true playing pattern. He is also very predictable- Oyimbo wall go always start. Think about it folks, 4-4 to Sierra Leone, Last-minute hustle to beat Benin, Struggle to beat Liberia, Lost to CAR, struggle to beat Cape Verde. Come on guys, it's no coincidence. The Coach does not inspire. Always talk down his team. Anyways, I don't blame him. Na Pinnick I blame. By the time he is done with Nigeria, he will have 12 new hotels added to his hotel in Bordeaux. Dumb Africans! No wonder today's Nigeria was easily invaded and colonized.
Yes, there is a big possibility we may not qualify. I have already braced myself. Don't put your hopes in the team. There will mess you up. My Surgeon close friend from Trinidad told me that he stopped supporting Nigeria after they kept disappointing him World Cup after World Cup after his high hopes. I know the Caribbean people are so waiting for a powerful African team.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:09 pm
highbury wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:04 pm Honestly, I am beginning to think that we are not a good team. Good players, but no team! The coach hasn't given the SE a true playing pattern. He is also very predictable- Oyimbo wall go always start. Think about it folks, 4-4 to Sierra Leone, Last-minute hustle to beat Benin, Struggle to beat Liberia, Lost to CAR, struggle to beat Cape Verde. Come on guys, it's no coincidence. The Coach does not inspire. Always talk down his team. Anyways, I don't blame him. Na Pinnick I blame. By the time he is done with Nigeria, he will have 12 new hotels added to his hotel in Bordeaux. Dumb Africans! No wonder today's Nigeria was easily invaded and colonized.
Yes, there is a big possibility we may not qualify. I have already braced myself. Don't put your hopes in the team. There will mess you up. My Surgeon close friend from Trinidad told me that he stopped supporting Nigeria after they kept disappointing him World Cup after World Cup after his high hopes. I know the Caribbean people are so waiting for a powerful African team.
I think we will qualify, but that's as far as we will go... And I definitely agree that we're wasting our time with Rohr.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

This Rohr thing, I am beginning to join those who want him fired. Honestly, we are not doing good at all. In reality, how do you allow Sierra Leone (SL) to equalize in your own kitchen when you are leading by 4-1? Then, you couldn't beat SL in their home to prove a point. As if such wasn't bad, you lost to Central African Republic (CAR) in your home? Menh, I think coach Rohr should go, seriously
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...just beating around the bush. I see that the slang "fire him" "fire Rohr", is so sexy many here just use it without thinking.

Pay the man, in full, he will be gone before sunrise.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:35 am ...just beating around the bush. I see that the slang "fire him" "fire Rohr", is so sexy many here just use it without thinking.

Pay the man, in full, he will be gone before sunrise
So because he hasn't been paid, or because we can't pay him, he should do a BAD job? This man has been on this job for FIVE YEARS, what excuse does he have for his team (Super eagles) being this bad?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Odas wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:08 am
mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:35 am ...just beating around the bush. I see that the slang "fire him" "fire Rohr", is so sexy many here just use it without thinking.

So because he hasn't been paid, or because we can't pay him, he should do a BAD job? This man has been on this job for FIVE YEARS, what excuse does he have for his team (Super eagles) being this bad?
I remember Keshi’s results got worse over time. And people used to defend him with the excuse that his poor performance was because he was owed months of his salary. But I agree, the excuse does not stand.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

,,,if he is doing such bad job, dismiss him, but do it with dignity, professionally, so you don curry the wrath of the law (note, not Nigerian law but the international law).
I am not happy with what is happening, too.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 am

I remember Keshi’s results got worse over time. And people used to defend him with the excuse that his poor performance was because he was owed months of his salary. But I agree, the excuse does not stand.
...being owed may not be the main and only excuse for poor performance.
There are various reason, but heck, if you don't like the output get rid of the man.
A contract was signed, and must be followed to the letter, any thing to deviate from that will be bad news.
By the way, if he's owed, and you fire him how you gonna contract a new coach without paying the new man?
We are flying blind in this argument.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:08 pm

There are various reason, but heck, if you don't like the output get rid of the man.
A contract was signed, and must be followed to the letter, any thing to deviate from that will be bad news.
By the way, if he's owed, and you fire him how you gonna contract a new coach without paying the new man?
We are flying blind in this argument, and yes, beating around the bush with fancies.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:01 pm

,,,if he is doing such bad job, dismiss him, but do it with dignity, professionally, so you don curry the wrath of the law (note, not Nigerian law but the international law).
I am not happy with what is happening, too
Mcal, I see your point and I agree with you. I am sure the financial liability is why Rohr is still our coach. Therefore, so long he is on the job, he must perform, or vacate the post. Certainly, I am not in support of the NFF owing any of its employees, but coach Rohr must do his job, or hold a meeting with his employer and possibly head to the exit for everyone's good.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:09 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:08 pm

We are flying blind in this argument, and yes, beating around the bush with fancies.
Mcal, though I am not a coach, but at this time, it might be fair to say coach Rohr has attained his peak with the SE. He has been on this job for five years and has shown no major improvement with the team. I don't think he has anywhere else (height, or improvement) to give us. He needs to sort out his payment wahala with the NFF, split and move-on.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:08 am
mcal wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:01 pm

I am not happy with what is happening, too
Mcal, I see your point and I agree with you. I am sure the financial liability is why Rohr is still our coach. Therefore, so long he is on the job, he must perform, or vacate the post. Certainly, I am not in support of the NFF owing any of its employees, but coach Rohr must do his job, or hold a meeting with his employer and possibly head to the exit for everyone's good.
...you don't head for the exit empty handed.
A person don't remove himself unless well compensated.
And I bet you the man want out too after 5 years.
It's incumbent on the NFA to release him, not the other way around.
Therefore the pressure must be on Picknic to act. Which he knows is tough, at this time.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm
I think we will qualify, but that's as far as we will go... And I definitely agree that we're wasting our time with Rohr.
keep thinking we will qualify., Do you want me to tell you what will happen? Cape Verde will beat CAR and Nigeria will struggle vs Liberia . The final game in Nigeria una eys go open. by the time **** is done with yall. then you will go back to 2018 when i was ranting all over the forum. Get this into your thoughts. The SE has no system ot pattern of play. This team qualified for the last worldcup because of Mikel, Moses and Ighalo. Those players used their experience to bail the horrible coach we have. yall were celebrating victories vs Lesotho, CAR, CapeVerde, Benin etc... but when we match up against top African Teams , booya . We lost to Cameroon, Tunisia , who else ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:51 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:24 pm
keep thinking we will qualify., Do you want me to tell you what will happen? Cape Verde will beat CAR and Nigeria will struggle vs Liberia . The final game in Nigeria una eys go open. by the time **** is done with yall. then you will go back to 2018 when i was ranting all over the forum. Get this into your thoughts. The SE has no system ot pattern of play. This team qualified for the last worldcup because of Mikel, Moses and Ighalo. Those players used their experience to bail the horrible coach we have. yall were celebrating victories vs Lesotho, CAR, CapeVerde, Benin etc... but when we match up against top African Teams , booya . We lost to Cameroon, Tunisia , who else?
Bigpokey24, while I agree with you to a certain extent, I disagree with you in other areas. My disagreement is; you seem to forget the Super Eagles (SE) play to the 'strength of their opponents' in most cases. If such is still the case, then we should be more concerned of teams like the Central African Republic (CAR), than teams in the class of Algeria and et al.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

odas, so what has changed? we still play with no system, we aren't creative. It is like we get worse every game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved