Chidera's glimpse of magic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chidera's glimpse of magic

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:08 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:43 am
maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:06 pm Ejuke on one wing, Samu Chukwueze on the other with Simon and Kalu as backups is a good look…
Mace04

Be careful what you ask for. I am almost certain Osimhen would not like the idea of those two at the wide positions. Will they cross the ball to an open Osimhen or will they, instead, attempt to dribble through and sometimes into a cul-de-sac? Just saying. :idea: :idea:
Simon Moses that many on here are hyping has trade marked the dribbling into cul de sacs.
That must be why he leads the Ligue 1 assist charts :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I love CE :biggrin:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:06 pm Ejuke on one wing, Samu Chukwueze on the other with Simon and Kalu as backups is a good look…
Mace04

Be careful what you ask for. I am almost certain Osimhen would not like the idea of those two at the wide positions. Will they cross the ball to an open Osimhen or will they, instead, attempt to dribble through and sometimes into a cul-de-sac? Just saying. :idea: :idea:
Simon Moses that many on here are hyping has trade marked the dribbling into cul de sacs.
But what of SE ?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:36 pm
Mace04

But what of SE ?
He had the most assists at the last AFCON :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mace04

True, they have to learn to work with the striker, if not then the other guys will take their place. Good healthy competition.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:42 pm
Mace04

But what of SE ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mace04

But what of SE ?
He had 2 assists.

That doesn't change the fact that he has been very unproductive for SE, and DOES very often run into cul de sacs, and cannot make a decent cross most of the time. How many chances does he create ? Usually zero.

On the contrary we have seen what guys like Ejuke can create in a short time on the pitch.

Anyways we are all speculating at this point, but I would bet you a lot of money that both Ejuke and Lookman would be far more effective in terms of goals, assists, chances created, were they to play as many games for SE as Simon.

I have watched all 3 players and both Ejuke and Lookman have better tools to do such.

And I have nothing against Simon, I defended him when many on this forum were calling him a wastepipe. I think he is a decent option, but ATM we have a few better players.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:27 pm
Mace04

But what of SE ?
He had 2 assists.

That doesn't change the fact that he has been very unproductive for SE, and DOES very often run into cul de sacs, and cannot make a decent cross most of the time. How many chances does he create ? Usually zero.

On the contrary we have seen what guys like Ejuke can create in a short time on the pitch.

Anyways we are all speculating at this point, but I would bet you a lot of money that both Ejuke and Lookman would be far more effective in terms of goals, assists, chances created, were they to play as many games for SE as Simon.

I have watched all 3 players and both Ejuke and Lookman have better tools to do such.

And I have nothing against Simon, I defended him when many on this forum were calling him a wastepipe. I think he is a decent option, but ATM we have a few better players.
Of course the next operation is to shift goalposts :clap: :rotf: :clap: :rotf: Not to mention this is despite him only having 2 starts, it shows he was the most productive
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:55 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:27 pm

Mace04

But what of SE ?
He had 2 assists.

Of course the next operation is to shift goalposts :clap: :rotf: :clap: :rotf: Not to mention this is despite him only having 2 starts, it shows he was the most productive

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

when all else fails, u pound the table!!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
return2k2
Egg
Egg
Re: Ejuke hangs v krylia

Post by return2k2 »

Ejuke scored again against Rubin but the goal was disallowed because his team mate was offside.

naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

return2k2 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:57 pm Ejuke scored again against Rubin but the goal was disallowed because his team mate was offside.

It was disallowed for a hand ball.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

naijaguy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:18 pm
return2k2 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:57 pm Ejuke scored again against Rubin but the goal was disallowed because his team mate was offside.

It was disallowed for a hand ball.
Interesting, I didn't catch that.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I’ve only just discovered that Ejuke was one of the players in the Osimhen/Chukwueze U17 set but was dropped from the squad at the last hurdle. So he didn’t make the U17 World Cup.
Great to see he has blossomed regardless. :thumb:
https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2020/05/ ... era-ejuke/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Omo, Ejuke nearly caused a goal against his side today with a bad pass. His team got spanked hard today.

return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Full match

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

return2k2 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:03 pm Omo, Ejuke nearly caused a goal against his side today with a bad pass. His team got spanked hard today.

I think it was the defender he passed to that was off balance and couldn’t move in order to reach the ball, then slipped when he tried.
I wouldn’t really blame Ejuke for that.
Jmal
Egg
Egg
Chidera Ejuke - Skills, Assists, Goals | 2021-2022 | CSKA MOSCOW

Post by Jmal »

Excellent skills could play as playmaker and winger
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chidera Ejuke - Skills, Assists, Goals | 2021-2022 | CSKA MOSCOW

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ejuke seems to be making better decisions and releasing the ball quicker than before. Kid is a gem! He also needs to work on his strength. No wonder aSamuel Kalu decided to not even show up for SE and face his club career. Competing against Ejuke is a waste of time for him.:lol: :lol:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Chidera Ejuke - Skills, Assists, Goals | 2021-2022 | CSKA MOSCOW

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:48 pm Ejuke seems to be making better decisions and releasing the ball quicker than before. Kid is a gem! He also needs to work on his strength. No wonder aSamuel Kalu decided to not even show up for SE and face his club career. Competing against Ejuke is a waste of time for him.:lol: :lol:
I agree.
You can see him fitting easily into those teams with 'one, two-touch' strategies as he has an excellent first touch.
It will of course mean he keeps his head up and releases the ball much earlier, but that is only possible if the whole team plays that way. Teammates will have to make themselves readily available so he has options all around him.

For now, he holds onto the ball until there are options, meaning he pretty much has to create them himself. Its just different the way the team is set-up.

I'm excited about him.
He just needs a top, top team with a top, top coach. :thumb:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

The kid really is the real deal. And his learning curve is like vertical.
Don’t be surprised to see him in one of Europe’s big teams next year.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

This, again, highlights the folly of focusing on leagues and not player to determine whether a Nigerian player should be invited to the SE camp. Here, it appears we agree that Samuel Kalu (Playing in the Big 5 league) is not on the same level as Chidera Ejuke playing in the Russian league.

Yet, tomorrow we would argue on why a player outside the Big 5 should be called up. This (Ejuke v Kalu), clearly, shows the folly of this thinking. A call up to the national team should be based on performance of an individual player and not the lazy conjecture that playing for a Big 5 club, automatically, means that a player is better than another who does not play in the Big 5.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:33 pm This, again, highlights the folly of focusing on leagues and not player to determine whether a Nigerian player should be invited to the SE camp. Here, it appears we agree that Samuel Kalu (Playing in the Big 5 league) is not on the same level as Chidera Ejuke playing in the Russian league.

Yet, tomorrow we would argue on why a player outside the Big 5 should be called up. This (Ejuke v Kalu), clearly, shows the folly of this thinking. A call up to the national team should be based on performance of an individual player and not the lazy conjecture that playing for a Big 5 club, automatically, means that a player is better than another who does not play in the Big 5.
Prof, but Ejuke has clearly developed further since moving to the Russian league and will develop even further once as expected even bigger clubs come calling.
It is not the role of the SE or its coach to 'develop' these raw talents. Leave that to the youth teams and the clubs.

Firstly there's no time and secondly it is not their remit.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:44 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:33 pm This, again, highlights the folly of focusing on leagues and not player to determine whether a Nigerian player should be invited to the SE camp. Here, it appears we agree that Samuel Kalu (Playing in the Big 5 league) is not on the same level as Chidera Ejuke playing in the Russian league.

Prof, but Ejuke has clearly developed further since moving to the Russian league and will develop even further once as expected even bigger clubs come calling.
Its not the role of the SE or its coach to 'develop' these raw talents.
Firstly theres no time and secondly its not their remit.
I agree with that. After all, the players in the NT should be those capable of playing on the team and not simply because they are members of a team in the Big 5 league. My point is that those players are not restricted to the Big 5 leagues. Tomorrow we can find a player, still in Nigeria or elsewhere beyond the Big 5, quite able to play in the SE.

After all, it is a PLAYER and not THE TEAM that gets invited to the NT camp.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I think that all makes sense of course. However, the league you play does have an impact on the experience you are getting and that’s a factor.
The team you play for similarly informs what you are learning and being challenged by.
Finally, the opposition you play allows us to see how you handle playing against the very best, which comes back to the league you play in.
So, absolutely, it should be based on the player. But the context in which you evaluate that player is as important consideration.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.