Chidera's glimpse of magic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Chidera's glimpse of magic

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:48 am Nigerians don’t know good players anymore. We have been deprived of quality for a long time so any glimpse of “quality”, we start to scream world class or special talent. Give me the Ghanaian Mohammed Kudus of Ajax and I will tell you we have a special talent. That is a player and a half.
What's the difference between Mohammed Kudus and Ejuke, both are dribbling wizards with electric pace and about the same end product, only difference is Kudus has gotten more chances with the national team than Ejuke... when last did Kudus feature in a game for Ajax since he got back from injury? Nobody is saying Ejuke is world class, he's far from that at the moment and any rational fan can easily see that, but the lad is doing very well at his club and bagging player awards every season despite been new to the Russian league, we can even argue he's too good for that league... abeg make we hear word...
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:38 am
Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:48 am Nigerians don’t know good players anymore. We have been deprived of quality for a long time so any glimpse of “quality”, we start to scream world class or special talent. Give me the Ghanaian Mohammed Kudus of Ajax and I will tell you we have a special talent. That is a player and a half.
What's the difference between Mohammed Kudus and Ejuke, both are dribbling wizards with electric pace and about the same end product, only difference is Kudus has gotten more chances with the national team than Ejuke... when last did Kudus feature in a game for Ajax since he got back from injury? Nobody is saying Ejuke is world class, he's far from that at the moment and any rational fan can easily see that, but the lad is doing very well at his club and bagging player awards every season despite been new to the Russian league, we can even argue he's too good for that league... abeg make we hear word...
You want hear word? :lol: Ejuke is doing well at his club, no doubt. But I don't see him as a special talent. On the other hand, I see Kudus as a special talent. At 21 (2 years younger than Ejuke), his overall play is on a higher level, especially his team play. My opinion. You don't have to agree.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet]

[/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:03 pm
You want hear word? :lol: Ejuke is doing well at his club, no doubt. But I don't see him as a special talent. On the other hand, I see Kudus as a special talent. At 21 (2 years younger than Ejuke), his overall play is on a higher level, especially his team play. My opinion. You don't have to agree.
What has Kudus age got to do with the argument? and what "higher level" is he playing at compared to Ejuke? You mean by riding the bench at Ajax? I deal with facts and figures not FEELINGS, present the stats for both players right on current form and that should answer all the questions...Kudus is a superb talent no doubt and he's one player from the Ghanaian team I dread to face aside from Partey...but to suggest he's better than Ejuke without presenting your facts is just borderline emotional conjectures. Kudus should prove his mettle at Ajax first, then we can begin to have that conversation.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree Kudus is a baller

definately better than EJuke atm.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Sunset wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:14 pm
That move and goal by Ejuke!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Wha choo looking at?!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:25 pm

It’s nice, from a few years ago in Norwegian league…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

smh

you guys are still posting clips when he was in Norway.

The lad has since moved on to Holland and now Russia.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:06 pm

The fact you're trying to compare an AM with a LW is ridiculous :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Stop disgracing yourself dude... Ejuke is a natural playing LW while Kudus is a pure CAM... does the comparison even make any sense to you?
Last edited by Tobi17 on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:55 pm

The fact you're trying to compare an AM with a LW is ridiculous :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My brother I tire...
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Guys do not pay attention to lolly, dude has no idea about football... he thinks this is rant and rave
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Sometimes I wonder how CE defines and rate talent, Whether forumers understand that not every talent fits every team.
Chidera came off the bench, couples times he dribbles multiple opposition players and lost control of himself and the ball,
plus showing no intention of passing the ball each time, and now he is being hailed as the second coming of Okocha, with
someone describing his efforts as Messi-like.
Maybe some will term these accolades as encouragements, but for me this is how CE overhypes players them come here to
lament and curse when our over-hyped talents fail to succeed in competition.
Team-play involves players playing to coaching instructions and showing cohesive tactical discipline. I would like anyone
to inform on whether what Chidera displayed during his time on that pitch was a coaching suggestion.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:25 pm

That last roll of the ball was the sweetest part of that sequence for me. It was smooth, intelligent, necessary and gave him the last bit of space he needed. :clap: :clap: :clap:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

joao wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:08 pm Sometimes I wonder how CE defines and rate talent, Whether forumers understand that not every talent fits every team.
Chidera came off the bench, couples times he dribbles multiple opposition players and lost control of himself and the ball,
plus showing no intention of passing the ball each time, and now he is being hailed as the second coming of Okocha, with
Maybe some will term these accolades as encouragements, but for me this is how CE overhypes players them come here to
Team-play involves players playing to coaching instructions and showing cohesive tactical discipline. I would like anyone
to inform on whether what Chidera displayed during his time on that pitch was a coaching suggestion.

Did you read this before going on your masturbatory rant or you just wanted to hear yourself rant?

But all of that talent is wasted if Ejuke does not learn to look up and give the killer final pass a la Maradona or the killer knockout punch a la Messi.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:58 pm Now if only this lad had the decision making in the final third! Guys we have a gem on our hands.

I had observed on Twitter that he reminds me of when JayJay Okocha burst on the scene in 1993 with the scintillating display against Algeria in Lagos. We have a gem on our hands. He made the Eredivisie Team of the season for 2019-20 before getting the transfer to Russia. He's won player of the month for two months in a row. He has awesome dribbling ability, is difficult to bring down and can hold the ball very well. He'll create chances from almost nothing(in the CAR match clip, he created one for Osimhen), and he can also score the goal when called upon. I believe he should be our creative midfielder and can be adapted to that role. Imagine him playing with a formation that has Osimhen, Chukwueze and Lookman in attack.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

joao wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:08 pm Sometimes I wonder how CE defines and rate talent, Whether forumers understand that not every talent fits every team.

Hana...... we have good reason to be stoked about this boy, he's truly a potential generational talent that we've been starved of for so long. Remember, after JJ and Kanu retired, our most creative player was Mikel for 10 yrs. I'm on the overhype train for sure, he can only get better.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nobody complained when Ronaldinho, Neymar, etc were serving joga bonito...trust bad-belle Nigerians to come ut shouting this and that. We looked clueless vs CAR, when Ejuke came on CAR were all pushed back.. he will improve and can only get better. a good coach will utilize his talents to the benefits of the team
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

CSKA POTM for third consecutive time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

theDunamis wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:04 pm

Did you read this before going on your masturbatory rant or you just wanted to hear yourself rant?

But all of that talent is wasted if Ejuke does not learn to look up and give the killer final pass a la Maradona
or the killer knockout punch a la Messi.
I just wanted to read my own ranting, until you expressed what I was trying to convey
as the quote you added above. Thanks!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

:taunt: :taunt:

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:06 am nobody complained when Ronaldinho, Neymar, etc were serving joga bonito...trust bad-belle Nigerians to come ut shouting this and that. We looked clueless vs CAR, when Ejuke came on CAR were all pushed back.. he will improve and can only get better. a good coach will utilize his talents to the benefits of the team

:???: :???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ejuke hangs v krylia

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/89681/CSKA_ ... vetov.html

Mek we watch better player jare. I don't know where Krylia is but they can't be worse than Norwich.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!