King Ekong Vlog - WCQ MatchDay 3 & 4

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
King Ekong Vlog - WCQ MatchDay 3 & 4

Post by Otitokoro »

Last edited by Otitokoro on Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: King Ekong Vlog - WCQ MatchDay 3 & 4

Post by Damunk »

Otitokoro wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm
Another banger!
Love it!! :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:21 am
Otitokoro wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm
Another banger!
Love it!! :rotf:
Really good insight by the captain in waiting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Find these things boring though. Them too long..or maybe I no fan up like before
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:35 pm Find these things boring though. Them too long..or maybe I no fan up like before
You’re getting old and tired. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:35 pm Find these things boring though. Them too long..or maybe I no fan up like before
Deanotito

Actually this is what attracts younger fans. In my opinion, this is what we sorely miss on this site. Personally, it is not my cup of tea but my kids love this sort of thing and Ekong talks to them. The dancing at the intros , that sort of thing. Hey, CE really needs things like this to build a new audience.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:19 pm
Must be, how can someone not want to see behind the curtain? Don’t we all wish we were a fly on the wall when Osaze pulled his slippers off his feet and proceeded to woz Mikel? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ok ok, I guess that was only me…hehe
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:56 pm
Must be, how can someone not want to see behind the curtain? Don’t we all wish we were a fly on the wall when Osaze pulled his slippers off his feet and proceeded to woz Mikel? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Ok ok, I guess that was only me…hehe
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:45 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:56 pm
:D :D :D There was a time when behind the scenes Eagles looks interested me. In the 90s and early 2000s. Now, I really have no interest. I just wanna watch good games. As a youth, I looked up to the Eagles. Now, it’s like I’m watching my children interact behind the scenes :D .

I’d watch a good interview, but all these airport and camp videos just dey one kind. Y’all really think they just stumbled into each other at the airport?? Na that kind amateur paparazzi I no dey like
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:47 pm
Deanotito

Actually this is what attracts younger fans. In my opinion, this is what we sorely miss on this site. Personally, it is not my cup of tea but my kids love this sort of thing and Ekong talks to them. The dancing at the intros , that sort of thing. Hey, CE really needs things like this to build a new audience.
Probably an age thing. Yep. I would like a good interview here and there, and truth be told, I would value watching a full training session. But all the other camp extras…nah
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Strangely I still enjoy the behind the scenes even being physically there in person. I have been following the SE since I was a little boy turning up at the stadium to watch their training sessions and even at their hotel to mingle and take pics.

It all adds to the build up of the game and I would normally have info that others don’t have on match day. Bring it on King Ekong!
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

It will be interesting to see their mood and what they had to say after the CAR fiasco.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:08 am It will be interesting to see their mood and what they had to say after the CAR fiasco.
Thats part of what I mean. I would like to see that kind of footage. But invariably these behind the scenes videos stay away from anything controversial/interesting.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:32 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:08 am It will be interesting to see their mood and what they had to say after the CAR fiasco.
Thats part of what I mean. I would like to see that kind of footage. But invariably these behind the scenes videos stay away from anything controversial/interesting.
I don’t think Ekong will stay away.
He’s doing it in episodes and this one is well anticipated.
I reckon it’s the next one up.
Stay tuned.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

return2k2 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:14 pm :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Ekong is doing an incredible job promoting the SE even if that was not his original intention.
You just need to read the adoring comments from all over the world to realise.
Seems that the dancing and singing on the bus is pretty unique and people find it fascinating but every Nigerian that has ever been on a team bus will know this is normal.
Exactly what we used to do on our school bus on the way to games all those years ago.
Love SE! Love Naija!

Damn! We need this team to deliver big time on the world stage.
Come on boys… :clap: :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am

Ekong is doing an incredible job promoting the SE even if that was not his original intention.
Seems that the dancing and singing on the bus is pretty unique and people find it fascinating but every Nigerian that has ever been on a team bus will know this is normal.
Exactly what we used to do on our school bus on the way to games all those years ago.
Love SE! Love Naija!

Well duh, it’s a uniquely Nigerian thing/tradition that only folks who grew up in Nigeria would know about and would actually do, which is why I didn’t get why y’all were frying me for stating the obvious fact and thought that crossed my mind that hey these things that make our team unique (that I love watching) would be gone if the team was filled with foreign born players who don’t know any of these traditions. There would be nobody to actually raise these songs and get the chorus going.

But anyways make I leave tok, this for me is what I love about the behind the scenes looks, all the uniquely Nigerian things that make the team who they are and how I can learn and in a weird way participate in something I felt I missed out on experiencing based on how I grew up.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:45 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:48 am

Love SE! Love Naija!

Well duh, it’s a uniquely Nigerian thing/tradition that only folks who grew up in Nigeria would know about and would actually do, which is why I didn’t get why y’all were frying me for stating the obvious fact and thought that crossed my mind that hey these things that make our team unique (that I love watching) would be gone if the team was filled with foreign born players who don’t know any of these traditions. There would be nobody to actually raise these songs and get the chorus going.

But anyways make I leave tok, this for me is what I love about the behind the scenes looks, all the uniquely Nigerian things that make the team who they are and how I can learn and in a weird way participate in something I felt I missed out on experiencing based on how I grew up.
I get you but like I said in response at the time, it definitely sounded like you were unfairly having a dig at the foreign-born players which we now know you were not.

And I feel you on the learning bit.
I was fortunate to experience all this first-hand in school in Lagos.
Funny thing is though, when my two cousins transferred from St Gregory's College Lagos to an English boarding school in the UK (they were getting into too much trouble in Gregs and so their parents decided to 'relocate' them to the UK), they totally transformed the 'Oyibo Support System' they met there and taught them how it was done in Nigeria.
They were labelled and said to be a "bad influence" but were hugely popular amongst the student body.

Their story is hilarious.
Basically they single-handedly changed the silly "Come on, Elmsford!" hand-clapping to real Naija-style drumming on the seats and windows, dancing and chanting on their school bus. Sometimes it obviously got out of hand but the oyibo kids loved it and had never seen anything like it before.

Seen as "rebelliousness" by the conservative English school authorities, they got suspended quite a few times as a result!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

loved the videos - Its also generating good will and followership for the team especially internationally. They just need to back it up on the pitch to make all even sweeter.