Ahmed Musa over Emmanuel Dennis is grave injustice!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg
Re: Ahmed Musa over Emmanuel Dennis is grave injustice!!

Post by Otitokoro »

Considering the kind of person Dennis has been reported to be (arrogant, recalcitrant and very polarizing figure) and for the sake of team dynamics and camaraderie, Dennis Emmanuel is NOT missed one bit by this team.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:58 pm ...Just an addendum, even if someone else may provide that backroom glue in the near future, there is nothing at all to indicate that Musa has taken the place of Emmanuel Dennis. Dennis who? May I just ask? I can name my multiple other players as well that I can conjure that this or that player has taken their position. Makes little sense.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Maceo,
You can disagree all you want but did the guy misrepresent the truth? The man cited examples of Eguavoen, Mba and Keshi who were clubless at the time they were part of the team that went to major tournaments.

From my standpoint, the absolute WORSE player on the team (and he has been that for several games now) was Kelechi Iheanacho. His ball control, passing, ball retention, quickness on the ball were miles WORSE than Musa's. His set pieces were laughable and his workrate on and off the ball were mediocre.
But of course, not heard you breath a word regarding that, but you will quickly jump all over Musa.
maceo4 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:38 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 pm An interesting rebuttal to the 'Musa must go' herd.
Enjoy...
Disagree with this rebuttal, it’s has nothing to do with where Musa is from, this is a player that has benefited from preferential treatment. He had been called up even when he was clubless, while playing in the wilderness that is Saudi Arabia, taking up a spot that could have been used to try more inform players. They want to lie to us that he played well vs CAR when he clearly didn’t. In the second game he misplaced way more passes than he completed. It was the same thing all last ANC, his speed is no longer there and he’s never been a cerebral player and his lack of proper basics like ball control and passing are becoming much more obvious. There’s no world where he deserves to be on this team, and I think even he himself knows that and is just enjoying his preferential treatment for as long as it lasts.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:51 pm Maceo,
You can disagree all you want but did the guy misrepresent the truth? The man cited examples of Eguavoen, Mba and Keshi who were clubless at the time they were part of the team that went to major tournaments.

From my standpoint, the absolute WORSE player on the team (and he has been that for several games now) was Kelechi Iheanacho. His ball control, passing, ball retention, quickness on the ball were miles WORSE than Musa's. His set pieces were laughable and his workrate on and off the ball were mediocre.
But of course, not heard you breath a word regarding that, but you will quickly jump all over Musa.
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 pm An interesting rebuttal to the 'Musa must go' herd.
Enjoy...
Disagree with this rebuttal, it’s has nothing to do with where Musa is from, this is a player that has benefited from preferential treatment. He had been called up even when he was clubless, while playing in the wilderness that is Saudi Arabia, taking up a spot that could have been used to try more inform players. They want to lie to us that he played well vs CAR when he clearly didn’t. In the second game he misplaced way more passes than he completed. It was the same thing all last ANC, his speed is no longer there and he’s never been a cerebral player and his lack of proper basics like ball control and passing are becoming much more obvious. There’s no world where he deserves to be on this team, and I think even he himself knows that and is just enjoying his preferential treatment for as long as it lasts.
Nacho was poor the last 2 matches, but you forget in his previous one, his 2 goals gave us the win against Liberia.

Nacho despite his struggles in any other position than support striker, is EASILY our best finisher and free kick taker, so having him on the pitch despite poor form makes much more sense than having Musa on the pitch who offers NOTHING tangible. He no longer even has his pace.

He offers NOTHING.

Forget Dennis, Musa is possibly keeping many players off the team who would have much more to offer.

Moffi
Sadiq
Kalu
Mukairu
Amoo
Nwobodo
Alhassan
Nwakali

Any of these players would offer a far greater benefit to the team.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Enjoy...
Nacho was poor the last 2 matches, but you forget in his previous one, his 2 goals gave us the win against Liberia.

Nacho despite his struggles in any other position than support striker, is EASILY our best finisher and free kick taker, so having him on the pitch despite poor form makes much more sense than having Musa on the pitch who offers NOTHING tangible. He no longer even has his pace.

He offers NOTHING.

Forget Dennis, Musa is possibly keeping many players off the team who would have much more to offer.

Moffi
Sadiq
Kalu
Mukairu
Amoo
Nwobodo
Alhassan
Nwakali

Eeeee yep! Sounds about right to me…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lol the fact that Musa gets away with pretty much been sh#t with his best days of football way behind him, yet keeps getting baby-sat and pampered by sections of the media and fans alike is rather befuddling... The likes of Victor Moses, Mikel Obi and Enyeama arguably offered way more than this guy even in their late prime years/moments yet don't get as much recognition and cozying-up as Musa does, if you as much point out your valid objections, his fans will be quick to pull the ethnic card on you and other knee-jerk rebuttals. Truly Musa is the golden boy of Nigerian football, I appreciate the few good memories of him since his break out stint with Kano Pillars to the low rungs of the Netherlands, to his world cup exploits, CSKA Moscow etc... but the guy isn't just it anymore, there's no shame in respectfully bowing out while the ovation is still high.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:12 pm Lol the fact that Musa gets away with pretty much been sh#t with his best days of football way behind him, yet keeps getting baby-sat and pampered by sections of the media and fans alike is rather befuddling... The likes of Victor Moses, Mikel Obi and Enyeama arguably offered way more than this guy even in their late prime years/moments yet don't get as much recognition and cozying-up as Musa does, if you as much point out your valid objections, his fans will be quick to pull the ethnic card on you and other knee-jerk rebuttals. Truly Musa is the golden boy of Nigerian football, I appreciate the few good memories of him since his break out stint with Kano Pillars to the low rungs of the Netherlands, to his world cup exploits, CSKA Moscow etc... but the guy isn't just it anymore, there's no shame in respectfully bowing out while the ovation is still high.
Tobi,

Funny that you mention the two highlighted in red. You miss the point but by mention the two you stumble ON THE HEAD of the point. The two are introverted and did little beyond their play to project the group leadership that is required. That is where the likes of Musa is different. Even when Mikel was the captain, Musa provided the glue behind the scene in terms of team activities. Never forget that. At the moment it is a glue that Rohr and certainly the NFF needs given the debt situation. Never underestimate that for the NFF and then Rohr's need to keep the team focused. I do not like it, you may not like it but BUT BETTER BELIEVE there is certainly a strategy underneath all that.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I knew someone would say this...
For the Liberia game, yes, he did score two goals. However, for someone his calibre, that's the very least he could have done with the balls served him.

If you stripped out the 30 secs each for the goals scored, he was mediocre for the rest of the mins he was on the field. Best free kick taker?? Are you kidding me???
Go look back at ALL his freekicks AND setpieces over the past 5 games. Not a single one on frame, let alone on target. POOR!
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm Nacho was poor the last 2 matches, but you forget in his previous one, his 2 goals gave us the win against Liberia.

He offers NOTHING.

Moffi
Sadiq
Kalu
Mukairu
Amoo
Nwobodo
Alhassan
Nwakali

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:31 pm I knew someone would say this...
For the Liberia game, yes, he did score two goals. However, for someone his calibre, that's the very least he could have done with the balls served him.

If you stripped out the 30 secs each for the goals scored, he was mediocre for the rest of the mins he was on the field. Best free kick taker?? Are you kidding me???
Go look back at ALL his freekicks AND setpieces over the past 5 games. Not a single one on frame, let alone on target. POOR!
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm Nacho was poor the last 2 matches, but you forget in his previous one, his 2 goals gave us the win against Liberia.

He offers NOTHING.

Moffi
Sadiq
Kalu
Mukairu
Amoo
Nwobodo
Alhassan
Nwakali

We hear you, Kele was poor, but Musa was great…clap for yourself! :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Your words, bro, not mine.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:05 pm
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:19 pm Your words, bro, not mine.
maceo4 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:05 pm
Bros we can open another thread to discuss Kele who has been creating chances and scoring goals since he returned. Yes he had a poor game but the real topic here is Musa and I don’t get this your deflection tactic to avoid the fact that Musa was poor last ANC, he then became clubless and regressed even further and does not deserve to be on the team based on club form. At least at last ANC he still had some speed, this Musa is just past it and keeps losing the ball for fun. You can’t convince many of us that if the team was being chosen on current form that Musa deserves to make the final 23. Impossible…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Remember when we were told that Leicester was not giving him a chance because he was African.

The guy has always been an average player. It's just we had such poor options back then that he actually stood out, and he had pace to burn and pretty good ball control.

Actually this is turning into a mockery. The guy is just disgracing himself the longer he goes. Can he not leave with his reputation somewhat still intact.

Now suddenly we are told the minute he leaves the SE locker room will be in chaos, and team chemistry and togetherness, solidarity, will all disappear once he is gone so he must be retained even as a wastepipe.

If you all believe that I got 419 scams for you.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Dey like I watch different game. Dennis did nothing worthy of an invite in the game. Musa or not.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:54 am Remember when we were told that Leicester was not giving him a chance because he was African.

The guy has always been an average player. It's just we had such poor options back then that he actually stood out, and he had pace to burn and pretty good ball control.

Actually this is turning into a mockery. The guy is just disgracing himself the longer he goes. Can he not leave with his reputation somewhat still intact.

Now suddenly we are told the minute he leaves the SE locker room will be in chaos, and team chemistry and togetherness, solidarity, will all disappear once he is gone so he must be retained even as a wastepipe.

If you all believe that I got 419 scams for you.
Lol you can take this to the bank and cash it out, but Musa's baffling invitation is largely for non-footballing reasons... Musa is seen as the golden boy in certain sections of the sports media, it's now obvious the guy has some real serious political connections to higher-up's within the NFF and they can't afford to let him down so they literally force Rohr to keep handing him invites notwithstanding his form... forget the whole rubbish about Musa been a charismatic figure in the dressing room blah blah blah (that's just a distraction), there's more to the whole Musa invitation than we know, and in due time maybe somebody will finally talk when the smokescreen has cleared up.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:41 am
gochino wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:36 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am
gochino wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 am I don't even know why we are discussing this, Pinnick said boldly that he is forcing Musa on Rohr, so if he is such a "Good influence" as we are made to believe, then why does Pinnick need to convince the coach to select Musa? Also, what kind of dumb coach will allow himself to be pushed around, i tire for this set up, no wonder we struggle to make meaningfull impacts in all competitions we go to.
This is so funny.
Is this your interpretation of something actually said, or another ‘dem say’ situation?
It would be nice to hear or read those words as you’ve reported them, i.e. Pinnick claiming he was “forcing Musa on Rohr”..
I’m sure close followers of all Pinnick and Rohr goofs like maceo can confirm this. :rotf:

I get your frustration but not your recollection. That’s exactly why we are discussing it.
Our memories and interpretations obviously differ but I am more than happy to be corrected. :idea:
What?? Are you seriously telling me you did not see that interview with Pinnick? It was even posted here. This is not hear say, he said it clearly in an interview.
YOU ARE RIGHT.
I’ve just found the article.
Just wanted to be sure it wasn’t hearsay.
Shocking.

I Imposed Musa On Rohr - Pinnick
https://www.brila.net/i-imposed-ahmed-m ... u-pinnick/
:bump:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:37 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:41 am
gochino wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:36 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 am
gochino wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:16 am I don't even know why we are discussing this, Pinnick said boldly that he is forcing Musa on Rohr, so if he is such a "Good influence" as we are made to believe, then why does Pinnick need to convince the coach to select Musa? Also, what kind of dumb coach will allow himself to be pushed around, i tire for this set up, no wonder we struggle to make meaningfull impacts in all competitions we go to.
This is so funny.
Is this your interpretation of something actually said, or another ‘dem say’ situation?
It would be nice to hear or read those words as you’ve reported them, i.e. Pinnick claiming he was “forcing Musa on Rohr”..
I’m sure close followers of all Pinnick and Rohr goofs like maceo can confirm this. :rotf:

I get your frustration but not your recollection. That’s exactly why we are discussing it.
Our memories and interpretations obviously differ but I am more than happy to be corrected. :idea:
What?? Are you seriously telling me you did not see that interview with Pinnick? It was even posted here. This is not hear say, he said it clearly in an interview.
YOU ARE RIGHT.
I’ve just found the article.
Just wanted to be sure it wasn’t hearsay.
Shocking.

I Imposed Musa On Rohr - Pinnick
https://www.brila.net/i-imposed-ahmed-m ... u-pinnick/
:bump:
That is just the article. I saw it on video so nobody can claim Pinnick was misquoted.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I'm "hyping" Dennis abi? No yawa, na siddon look I go dey this season. Let Rohr keep calling Musa ahead of him...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bushboy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:33 pm I'm "hyping" Dennis abi? No yawa, na siddon look I go dey this season. Let Rohr keep calling Musa ahead of him...
Dennis is a baller. There's no question about that. The issue for me was that you picked the wrong game to make your point. Dennis was poor the previous weekend and you tried to make it sound otherwise.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

mystic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:50 pm
bushboy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:33 pm I'm "hyping" Dennis abi? No yawa, na siddon look I go dey this season. Let Rohr keep calling Musa ahead of him...
Dennis is a baller. There's no question about that. The issue for me was that you picked the wrong game to make your point. Dennis was poor the previous weekend and you tried to make it sound otherwise.
His poor game last weekend against Liverpool was the reason why he was dropped to the bench and to his credit, he responded well.
I am happy
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:00 pm

Enjoy...

He offers NOTHING.

Moffi
Sadiq
Kalu
Mukairu
Amoo
Nwobodo
Alhassan
Nwakali

Hmm if Kelechi is ‘easily’ our best free kick taker on our team (please do tell how many goals he has scored from a free kick’ aside from the friendly against Argentina with the Eagles) - I of course stand corrected…. This is just a further confirmation that Nigeria ain’t likely to be winning anything anytime soon. We are in much bigger trouble than I thought.

Forget the Musa or Dennis argument. There are too many sterile area points with Mr Rohr’s squad.

Tired of seeing Nigerian teams parade pretend free kick specialists… from the laughable sight of seeing Mikel or an Oliseh attempting free kicks from ridiculous distances on the basis of his goal against Spain when they did not consistently do this at club level.

No disrespect, as far as I recall Yekini and JJ scored less than 5 goals from free kick situations in all their years with the Eagles and they were perhaps our most ‘productive’ specialists in this regard.

At least during their time with the Eagles we were somewhat confident of playing games and scoring goals or at least having shots at goal.

It is just exhausting seeing certain issues consistently bedevile Nigerian teams from amateurish defence against free kicks or corners to not consistently scoring from the same situation when we have the chance.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Article on Emmanuel Dennis.
Ex-Cologne Dennis settles accounts with Heldt
From Nikolas Pfannenmüller
Nov 2, 2021
Emmanuel Dennis: Usually left out at 1. FC Köln, in top form at Watford / Lars Baron / GettyImages

Emmanuel Dennis stormed for 1. FC Köln for six months , but he was never really happy in the cathedral city. Both under the then coach Markus Gisdol and his successor Friedhelm Funkel, the Nigerian had a difficult time. In retrospect, he has now classified his interlude - and accused Horst Heldt.

In January 2021, 1. FC Köln signed center forward Emmanuel Dennis on loan from Club Bruges. In nine Bundesliga appearances (six times from the start), however, he didn't score a single goal, Dennis was only successful once in the DFB Cup match against Jahn Regensburg.

Dennis sorted out in the Bundesliga season end spurt
Even under coach Markus Gisdol, the 1.75-meter-tall attacker was not an undisputed regular, under Friedhelm Funkel (who looked after Cologne's last six Bundesliga games as well as in the two relegation games against Holstein Kiel) Dennis was hardly in demand.

In the final phase of the season he was sorted out and was not even in the squad in the last five competitive games of the season. His nickname "Dennis the menace" (Dennis, the menace) could not be confirmed with the billy goats.

Dennis attacks Heldt
In an interview with the Belgian newspaper Nieuwsblad (via Express) , he talked about his time in Cologne and settled the accounts with the former Cologne sports director Horst Heldt. He had stated after the season that the Dennis deal had been a mistake because his character did not fit the team.

"This man has since been released", Dennis countered now.

"He had to come up with an answer as to why it didn't work. Since it was already known that I should have an attitude problem, he took advantage of it. It was the simplest explanation. But it is a big lie. I had no problems with that "said the three-time Nigerian international.

Dennis added that he got on well with the coaches. "The coaches liked me. I just didn't like the style of football," said Dennis. He also stated that his health had thwarted his plans towards the end of the season. "My toe hurt so badly that I played with painkillers. It only got worse," said the 23-year-old.

Cologne turned in the relegation against Kiel by a hair's breadth of relegation to the second division, but Dennis was not allowed to participate in the season finale. "I'm glad they stayed, but I feel guilty because I couldn't help the club. Cologne have great fans and I was treated well," said Dennis.

Dennis talks about mental problems and his bus strike at Club Bruges
According to Dennis, the main cause of his poor goal haul was in the mental area. "I had mental problems when I was loaned to Cologne," he said. His brother had previously died, and Dennis was more and more sidelined after his strike on the bus at Club Bruges.

What happened? Due to Corona restrictions, Club Bruges had to take two buses, the team manager assigned him a different seat than before. "The team manager knew I was going to get angry and the coach heard us arguing. He asked what was going on and then said: go to the other bus or go back in! Those were my options. So I went back in," said Dennis added, "The positive side effect of this bus story was that it was easier for me to switch in the winter."

Dennis didn't seem to feel at home in Belgium anymore, was used less and less at the Belgian top club and at the end of January 2021 he was transferred from Club Bruges to Cologne for a loan fee of 1.2 million euros. "I was sick of Belgium. I wasn't having fun anymore. I was dead in my head, completely dead," he said. In the summer, Club Bruges, for whom Dennis scored two goals in a game against Real Madrid (2-2) in October 2019, sold Dennis to Watford FC for four million euros.

At his club he is "very happy" and "free in mind". Dennis has already scored three goals and provided three assists for the Premier League promoted team.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I am not saying that the bobo has issues...

But it does appear that he has a pattern abi na habit of having problems or being a problem.

Is his talent enough to turn an eye to his apparent 'issue'?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

The unadulterated truth is that most of the team is made of Southerners. Shehu and Ahmed Musa are the only Northerners I know of in the team( I stand corrected). To remove these 2 guys is certainly a no no in the Corridors of power. Rohr knows that, Pinnick knows and some of us know that. To make it due to something else is an attempt at self-deceit or sheer ignorance of how things work. It is not a matter of whether it is right or wrong but how things work in Nigeria.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

highbury wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:01 pm The unadulterated truth is that most of the team is made of Southerners. Shehu and Ahmed Musa are the only Northerners I know of in the team( I stand corrected). To remove these 2 guys is certainly a no no in the Corridors of power. Rohr knows that, Pinnick knows and some of us know that. To make it due to something else is an attempt at self-deceit or sheer ignorance of how things work. It is not a matter of whether it is right or wrong but how things work in Nigeria.
One of them... Apparently, de Papa is from Edo and Mother from Maiduguri.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim