Osimhen vs Aina LIVE on Paramount +

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Osimhen vs Aina LIVE on Paramount +

Post by cic old boy »

In commentary on BT Sport: "This kid is an absolute superstar".
http://www.naijiant.com/
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Oh, but he is NOT world class (and will never be), according to one particular CE on this forum.
Too bad.
cic old boy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 pm In commentary on BT Sport: "This kid is an absolute superstar".
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Listen to the commentary I told people Osimhen is better than Lukaku and they thought I was joking.
http://www.naijiant.com/
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

cic old boy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 am Listen to the commentary I told people Osimhen is better than Lukaku and they thought I was joking.
And people on this forum will still say he isn't world class and misses too many chances. Checkout his crazy conversion rate!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Goosebumps.
We’ve got one folks. I know we’ve been saying. I know John Ogu prophesied it. But to see it’s full manifestation is still bone-tingling.
Like the BT Sports guy said, this kid is an absolute superstar.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:54 am Goosebumps.
We’ve got one folks. I know we’ve been saying. I know John Ogu prophesied it. But to see it’s full manifestation is still bone-tingling.
Like the BT Sports guy said, this kid is an absolute superstar.
Ol Boi, hearing that crowd screaming his name wan bring wata come my eye.
To know where this lad has come from a few short years ago and seeing his rise from the U17 team...e be like say na my pikin.

So proud of him
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Em, the Napoli announcer is known for shouting their number 9s..it is a norm. They did it a lot for Hugiain
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Crazy! 7 years ago he was selling pure water on the streets
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Watching his goal, there were 14 players in the 18 yard box, but only one WANTED IT! AND THAT, THERE, IS THE DIFFERENCE! HUNGER!!

Eto'o said it, the difference between a great striker and a good one is that the great striker attacks the ball and the good one waits for the ball.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm Watching his goal, there were 14 players in the 18 yard box, but only one WANTED IT! AND THAT, THERE, IS THE DIFFERENCE! HUNGER!!

Eto'o said it, the difference between a great striker and a good one is that the great striker attacks the ball and the good one waits for the ball.
yeap, just like Drogba D , i see huge similarities
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@cellular,

I hope you were watching. Look at how on a good pitch, Victor is able to concentrate on his game and play at a high level.

Contrast that with first struggling to master your control of running and controlling on an uneven surface.

Forget the fact we have an average coach. Its about giving our players the tools to be able to perform at close to optimum...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:46 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:41 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:38 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:34 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:21 pm I dont know how on earth Rohr van prefer to play Collins ahead of Aina on the left, especially when using wingbacks .
Collins provides more width than Aina in that spot.
Zaidu is the best when his head is on right.
He is, but he's struggling for game time at FC Porto at the moment.
So you mean Rohr cannot stick by a key starter when he is struggling, yet continued to call up a clubless and useless Musa ?
This is worrying considering whatever happened to Zaidu only happened recently.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:06 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm Watching his goal, there were 14 players in the 18 yard box, but only one WANTED IT! AND THAT, THERE, IS THE DIFFERENCE! HUNGER!!

yeap, just like Drogba D , i see huge similarities
:clap: :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chaaaiiiiii. Bushboy has disappeared like a rat who accidentally entered a cats den. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

To be honest, while I knew Osimhen is a very good player, I didn’t think he was exceptional until his 2 goals against Leicester. That’s when I knew he is world class❗️

Cheers.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:13 pm Chaaaiiiiii. Bushboy has disappeared like a rat who accidentally entered a cats den. :laugh:
He will be back once Victor misses a chance
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Osimhen is really evolving into something else right before our eyes. He’s an all action player!! You almost expect something from him every time the ball comes to him. There was a move he faked like he was going to go up for a header then turned around and waited for the ball after he knew the defender was going to bite on the fake….I was amazed! I pray for good health. We have a great one beckoning folks…..
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm Osimhen is really evolving into something else right before our eyes. He’s an all action player!! You almost expect something from him every time the ball comes to him. There was a move he faked like he was going to go up for a header then turned around and waited for the ball after he knew the defender was going to bite on the fake….I was amazed! I pray for good health. We have a great one beckoning folks…..
Ol boy his current coach seems to be doing wonders for him, I never seen Vic be that smart on those high balls. Perfect remedy for that defender that was so tight on him like glue and rarely looking for the ball, next time he will think twice…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm Osimhen is really evolving into something else right before our eyes. He’s an all action player!! You almost expect something from him every time the ball comes to him. There was a move he faked like he was going to go up for a header then turned around and waited for the ball after he knew the defender was going to bite on the fake….I was amazed! I pray for good health. We have a great one beckoning folks…..
Ol boy his current coach seems to be doing wonders for him, I never seen Vic be that smart on those high balls. Perfect remedy for that defender that was so tight on him like glue and rarely looking for the ball, next time he will think twice…
I mean can you blame the defender though, it's Osimhen we're talking about here... I'm sure the Torino coach had a special power point drill session with his defenders themed "1000 ways to stop Osimhen from scoring" :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is the first stage -- teams actually planning their defensive strategy to stop him. That says a lot about where he is in his development.

The next stage, which I want him to take is the stage where teams are no longer planning strategy to stop him. Instead, defenders are terrified at the prospect of playing against him. Guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Lewa.... O Fenomeno, Drogba, Eto'o, Sheva in the old days... Where defenders actually run away from their responsibility when they face you. when the striker gets on the pitch and you look in the defenders eye and all you see if FEAR! ABSOLUTE FEAR! Thats when you know you have reached that final stage in your evolution as a striker!

Remember when Drogba played agaisnt Senderors and you knew Drogba will score, not because you were psychic, but because Senderors was consumed with fear like a defeated man and you could see it in his face that he was done and fooked even before the game started. O fenomeno used to have that effect on all defenders he met.

Osimhen needs to transform from where he is (which is great), to not purposefully spending games bullying, humiliating, physically and mentally wearing out his marker. Make the marker regret the day he was born!
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:54 pm
maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 pm
I mean can you blame the defender though, it's Osimhen we're talking about here... I'm sure the Torino coach had a special power point drill session with his defenders themed "1000 ways to stop Osimhen from scoring" :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I wont get into the who is better than who debate, but like i told Uncle Oloye and G4L, Lukaku is NOT the player you pay 100m for. He is a top striker, but he doesnt have that thing-- the x factor!
cic old boy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 am I told people Osimhen is better than Lukaku and they thought I was joking.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Omo, e be like say I go fly go Naples go watch my boy live oooooo
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm I wont get into the who is better than who debate, but like i told Uncle Oloye and G4L, Lukaku is NOT the player you pay 100m for. He is a top striker, but he doesnt have that thing-- the x factor!
cic old boy wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 am I told people Osimhen is better than Lukaku and they thought I was joking.
If Lukaku was Nigerian and Oshimen was from Belgium you wouldn’t call him a top striker!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI