The Comming Midfield crisis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
The Comming Midfield crisis

Post by vancity eagle »

The chickens are coming home to roost like I predicted.

For 5 years the imbecile coach known as Rohr has ignored our midfield entirely. Even when he was given opportunity after opportunity to look at other options during friendlies (when our midfield sustained multiple withdrawls) The fraud decided to call more defenders and wastepipes.

Etebo is out of AFCON

Ndidi and Kingsley Michael are out for November

Iwobi is in piss poor form at his club.

So what will the clown do come November ?

Established midfielders available

Iwobi, Aribo, Onyeka, Bonke

Possible options

Nwobodo, Alhassan, Nwakali, Amoo, Ejaria ?

I forsee a disaster.

How many more injuries can we sustain before November and Afcon ? Who will be the options on the bench ? Or is Rohr and NFF more interested in coddling Musa across the line towards some meaningless milestone.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: The Comming Midfield crisis

Post by Tobi17 »

We need to start giving our youth players from the previous U17 and U20 set more chances now, the likes of Amoo, Obinna Nwobodo, Alhassan etc need to be called up to the NT... Ghana js hugely benefittng from tapping into their youth teams and have unearthed gems like Isshaku, Sulemana, Kudus etc who are the future of Ghanaian football... the continuous invitation of bricklayers like Bonke playing in some backwater club has to end.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:41 am We need to start giving our youth players from the previous U17 and U20 set more chances now, the likes of Amoo, Obinna Nwobodo, Alhassan etc need to be called up to the NT... Ghana js hugely benefittng from tapping into their youth teams and have unearthed gems like Isshaku, Sulemana, Kudus etc who are the future of Ghanaian football... the continuous invitation of bricklayers like Bonke playing in some backwater club has to end.
Why would you call youth when you can call up junk old players who are gunning for personal milestones, and who "hold the team together like glue".
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

That's what we have been saying, Pinnick has neglected the youth teams we don't even qualify anymore. The best Nigerian players are mostly products from youth competitions, so why change a winning thing?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Alhassan Yusuf played 90 minutes against Club Brugge today and completed 3 dribbles and 9 tackles !!!!

That is the kind of 2 way midfielder we need, not Swedish based junks who cannot trap a ball.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nwobodo also played 90 minutes and was his clubs 2nd highest rated player completing 1 dribble and 3 tackles.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:13 am The chickens are coming home to roost like I predicted.

For 5 years the imbecile coach known as Rohr has ignored our midfield entirely. Even when he was given opportunity after opportunity to look at other options during friendlies (when our midfield sustained multiple withdrawls) The fraud decided to call more defenders and wastepipes.

Etebo is out of AFCON

Possible options

I forsee a disaster.

How many more injuries can we sustain before November and Afcon ? Who will be the options on the bench ? Or is Rohr and NFF more interested in coddling Musa across the line towards some meaningless milestone.
None of the players you listed are better than what we have, you don't make a team better by calling players who offer no long term solutions .
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I watched Amoo today for the first time.

I think he is one for the future. He looked very quick, played in the AM position, but looked like he is more of a natural wide player.

I dont think he would currently be better than any of

Iwobi, Aribo, Ejaria, Ejuke in the AM position

But I would certainly have him in the squad over Musa, but that ain't saying much..
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:13 am The chickens are coming home to roost like I predicted.

Etebo is out of AFCON

Possible options

I forsee a disaster.

None of the players you listed are better than what we have, you don't make a team better by calling players who offer no long term solutions .
All of those players are better than Shehu and Bonke without a doubt.

Besides Rohr needs more midfielders in his squad and needs to cut at least one CB and Ahmed Musa.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kelechi , Amoo, Rapheal Onyedika, Nwobodo and Tom Dele are ready. Get rid of the deadweight and get this guys in
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 pm I watched Amoo today for the first time.

I think he is one for the future. He looked very quick, played in the AM position, but looked like he is more of a natural wide player.

But I would certainly have him in the squad over Musa, but that ain't saying much..
Amoo is not just quick, he also has football intelligence, very good dribbling technique and good passing range especially in tight spaces; a quintessential attacking blessing for us right now... plus he's from our youth system so even better.

Here's a short match highlight of his team's win today in which of course he was very crucial in.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 pm I watched Amoo today for the first time.

Amoo is not just quick, he also has football intelligence, very good dribbling technique and good passing range especially in tight spaces; a quintessential attacking blessing for us right now... plus he's from our youth system so even better.

Here's a short match highlight of his team's win today in which of course he was very crucial in.

Tobi is fast on this one. I think the boy is ready for SE, can't wait until a big club signs him, he's a natural Nigerian style playmaker. Cap him now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:04 am

I have been watching this bobo in Sweden, he is massively talented with eyes for goals, very skillful, and a great passer of the ball. He was one of the key players of Coach Manu Garba 2019 Golden Eaglet team. He even won the MVP award during 2018 WAFU B U-17 tournament in Niger Republic. A baller indeed !
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Good news is that Ndidi is back in training and should be fit for the remaining WCQ games next month.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:25 pm Good news is that Ndidi is back in training and should be fit for the remaining WCQ games next month.
You sure? Im hearing Nov 20th. Dont believe what Amaju "fake news" Pinnick says on his instagram.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Nigerian football has been in crisis mode for the past 5 years.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 am That's what we have been saying, Pinnick has neglected the youth teams we don't even qualify anymore. The best Nigerian players are mostly products from youth competitions, so why change a winning thing?
I KPOM this post.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

alhassan yusuf scores.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »