Zaidu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lacidi
Egg
Egg
Zaidu

Post by lacidi »

Where did the story about Sanusi being off form start from? A player not starting every game does not make him off form. Is Raheem Sterling off form?
The Sanusi I saw today is 100 times better than Collins.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Zaidu

Post by vancity eagle »

I dont know how a coach can drop his starting leftback, simply because he didn't start a few matches, when his backup left back is beyond mediocre.

Musa was CLUBLESS for heavens sake, yet he called him.

Playing against teams that sit back, choosing the offense-less Collins over Zaidu is just completely daft and dumb.

I can only imagine what Zaidu would have offered us in attack. You need your wing backs to attack when teams sit back.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I’m not sure why he wasn’t called up but i don’t think it was because of the reason some forumer gave.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Zaidu was dropped during a time he was caught up in transfer rumours and the subsequent loss of his starting place. His form dipped for a while but it appears he has started to gain his confidence and starting place back.

I must admit, I was initially a fan of the lad but I didn’t like what I saw in his last few games for the SE. He always appeared too casual and not working hard enough. He was also below par against Sierra Leone in Nigeria. I pray he rediscovers his form and is recalled to the SE for the next couple of WC qualifiers.

At least we now know he wasn’t a quota player as some people like to say. He earned his place and rightfully lost it. And hopefully, he will regain it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

For all the criticism of Rohr - and I too think he’s not up to the job - the one thing that seems consistent is he doesn’t tolerate folks who take their place for granted. Iwobi benched at the WC. Nacho dropped the ANC squad. Okoye benched at home against CAR.

Zaidu’s last two games for the SE seemed phoned in. Perhaps because he sees little competition. It’s in the Rohr playbook to signal he’s not irreplaceable.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He should have a run in the Porto team as his main competitor, Wendell, picked up a knee injury yesterday. He needs to use the opportunity to get back into the coach's good books.
We need Zaidu, Iwobi, Chukwueze and possibly Ndidi to be fit and available for next month's WCQs.
I am happy
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Lolly wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:37 am Zaidu was dropped during a time he was caught up in transfer rumours and the subsequent loss of his starting place. His form dipped for a while but it appears he has started to gain his confidence and starting place back.

I must admit, I was initially a fan of the lad but I didn’t like what I saw in his last few games for the SE. He always appeared too casual and not working hard enough. He was also below par against Sierra Leone in Nigeria. I pray he rediscovers his form and is recalled to the SE for the next couple of WC qualifiers.

At least we now know he wasn’t a quota player as some people like to say. He earned his place and rightfully lost it. And hopefully, he will regain it.
Apart from the Sierra Leone game in lagos where he made one mistake (one!) can you tell me any other SE game that he didnt play well. Also please show the thread where anyone called Sanusi a quota player. Sanusi started playing for SE after moving to Porto, so when did anyone call him a quota player. You always try to bring in these your North v. South sentiments on this forum. Try and keep your biased politics out of footbal discussions.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Dammy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm He should have a run in the Porto team as his main competitor, Wendell, picked up a knee injury yesterday. He needs to use the opportunity to get back into the coach's good books.
We need Zaidu, Iwobi, Chukwueze and possibly Ndidi to be fit and available for next month's WCQs.
We keep talking of Sanusi winning back his place as if he has not been playing at all. We've had many bench warmers in SE and heaven did not fall. So just 8 matches into the season and Sanusi is now the poster boy of bench warmers?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

lacidi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:45 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:17 pm He should have a run in the Porto team as his main competitor, Wendell, picked up a knee injury yesterday. He needs to use the opportunity to get back into the coach's good books.
We keep talking of Sanusi winning back his place as if he has not been playing at all. We've had many bench warmers in SE and heaven did not fall. So just 8 matches into the season and Sanusi is now the poster boy of bench warmers?
It’s the annoying narrative used to bring in Calvin Bassey which **** didn’t even find good enough to give a minute of game time…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!