How will you line up against Cape Verde

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
How will you line up against Cape Verde

Post by Tobi17 »

It's a MUST WIN game anyway you want to see it and I don't care if Cape Verde is a "minnow" team, CV will be massively amped up and motivated for that game based on the CAR freak upset and will come to play football... needless to say CV are a better team than CAR.

Should we go 352? My crazy head randomly thinks we play Osimhen and Awoniyi upfront and just stick Ejuke or Iwobi to provide the creativity in the CAM role(Nacho will have to sit this one out)... then Onyeka and Aribo to sit back and dictate play from deep midfield, Chukwueze out wide on the right... then Onyekuru or Samuel Kalu on the left, plug Z.Sanusi at LB, Ebuehi at RB... then Ekong/Awaziem at CB
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How will you line up against Cape Verde

Post by vancity eagle »

With all the available players. It depends if you want 352 to accommodate Nacho or not, so I will give both formations.

******************************OKOYE******************************

***********AWAZIEM**********TROOST********BALOGUN********

AINA*****************************************************SANUSI

*********************ONYEKA**********ARIBO********************

*********************************IWOBI****************************

*************************NACHO*******OSIMEHN***************

*****************************OKOYE*******************************

AINA***************TROOST******BALOGUN************SANUSI

************************ONYEKA*****ARIBO*********************

*****************************IWOBI******************************

CHUKWUEZE*******************************************EJUKE

*****************************OSIMEHN*************************

So it comes down to formation.

Do you want Nacho in the lineup, or Chuks and Ejuke.

I'd lean towards Chuks and Ejuke.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Considering my 2 formations you could start with the 433 and if need be bring on Nacho for one of Chuks or Ejuke, Aina can play in the back 3, he did so with Fulham, and then either of Chuks or Ejuke would be a wing back.

We need to work on being able to seamlessly switch between formations with 1 substitution.

I thought Rohr had done this long ago, even before the world cup. Don't know why he abandoned this.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm Considering my 2 formations you could start with the 433 and if need be bring on Nacho for one of Chuks or Ejuke, Aina can play in the back 3, he did so with Fulham, and then either of Chuks or Ejuke would be a wing back.

We need to work on being able to seamlessly switch between formations with 1 substitution.

I thought Rohr had done this long ago, even before the world cup. Don't know why he abandoned this.
Brilliant take :clap:
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:58 pm With all the available players. It depends if you want 352 to accommodate Nacho or not, so I will give both formations.

******************************OKOYE******************************

***********AWAZIEM**********TROOST********BALOGUN********

AINA*****************************************************SANUSI

*********************ONYEKA**********ARIBO********************

*********************************IWOBI****************************

*************************NACHO*******OSIMEHN***************

*****************************OKOYE*******************************

AINA***************TROOST******BALOGUN************SANUSI

************************ONYEKA*****ARIBO*********************

*****************************IWOBI******************************

CHUKWUEZE*******************************************EJUKE

*****************************OSIMEHN*************************

So it comes down to formation.

Do you want Nacho in the lineup, or Chuks and Ejuke.

I'd lean towards Chuks and Ejuke.
I think these are the most likely options.

Rohr might persist with a 4-4-2 and sacrifice Samu or Ejuke for Nacho from your 4-3-3 set-up but I sisncerely hope not.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

By the way Samu came on and scored tonight in the CL
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

The much maligned 442 is actually the best option for the current set of players we have. It allows us to use the wings as well as 2 strikers., the 2 positions we have the most depth and quality. Unfortunately, we haven't all the players available on a consistent basis to field our strongest 442 formation.

The 433 & 352 both look but as the quality our opponents gets better we'll be exposed In the AM position and at the back with our slow build up and poor transition defense.. The world knows we don't have a quality AM that can take us far. With the 442 the creativity goes to the wings ,ball winning and distribution to the MF. We need to be flexible but also unpredictable

Anyway sha, I rolls like this.

Awaziem....Troost...Balogun......Aina

Chuks .....Onyeka.....Aribo......Simon

Nacho

Osihmen
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:58 am The much maligned 442 is actually the best option for the current set of players we have. It allows us to use the wings as well as 2 strikers., the 2 positions we have the most depth and quality. Unfortunately, we haven't all the players available on a consistent basis to field our strongest 442 formation.

The 433 & 352 both look but as the quality our opponents gets better we'll be exposed In the AM position and at the back with our slow build up and poor transition defense.. The world knows we don't have a quality AM that can take us far. With the 442 the creativity goes to the wings ,ball winning and distribution to the MF. We need to be flexible but also unpredictable

Nacho

Osihmen
Good take, but why Simon?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:58 am The much maligned 442 is actually the best option for the current set of players we have. It allows us to use the wings as well as 2 strikers., the 2 positions we have the most depth and quality. Unfortunately, we haven't all the players available on a consistent basis to field our strongest 442 formation.

Nacho

Osihmen
Sorry but I totally disagree

the 442 has been the worst. We have played all of our worst games in 442 and in fact our recent poor form can be down to that formation.

You cannot play a 442 with WING FORWARDS. They get isolated out wide. OUr midfield is non existant and they get cut off from both attack and defence

Our best matches have been when Iwobi plays as an AM in front of 2 midfielders. We create plenty of chances that way.

Iwobi on the wings is poor, why he is always poor at his club because that is where they put him. He is much better in the hole with a free role.

To play a 442 you also need 2 central midfielders who are highly technical with great FORWARD passing ability, the ability to drive forward, and the ability to defend and work their socks off. We dont really have many of those kind of midfielders.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:48 am

Nacho

Osihmen

the 442 has been the worst. We have played all of our worst games in 442 and in fact our recent poor form can be down to that formation.

You cannot play a 442 with WING FORWARDS. They get isolated out wide. OUr midfield is non existant and they get cut off from both attack and defence

Our best matches have been when Iwobi plays as an AM in front of 2 midfielders. We create plenty of chances that way.

Iwobi on the wings is poor, why he is always poor at his club because that is where they put him. He is much better in the hole with a free role.

To play a 442 you also need 2 central midfielders who are highly technical with great FORWARD passing ability, the ability to drive forward, and the ability to defend and work their socks off. We dont really have many of those kind of midfielders.
Unless you have the right AM it's unlikely that we can sustain any kind of success against better teams. However, if you believe Iwobi is the AM we need in the long run then have at it. When healthy, Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeaka and Etebo are more than capable in a 442.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:48 am

Nacho

Osihmen

Unless you have the right AM it's unlikely that we can sustain any kind of success against better teams. However, if you believe Iwobi is the AM we need in the long run then have at it. When healthy, Ndidi, Aribo, Onyeaka and Etebo are more than capable in a 442.
Iwobi at AM succeeded against Ukraine. If the 442 isn't working against AFrican minnows, it certainly wont work against better teams.

What you are saying really makes no sense. Against better teams we will be exposed with only 2 midfielders who are being asked to attack and defend. If they only defend then our attack will suffer. You need 3 in the middle both for attacking and defensive purposes.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Okoye
Ebuehi Anwazie Balogun Aina

Ihieanacho Iwobi Onyeka

Chukwueze Osimhen Ejuke