Thierry Henri on Taribo West

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Thierry Henri on Taribo West

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:12 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:07 pm So happy to hear this as my nickname in secondary school was Taribo West, due to my qualities as a no-nonsense defender! :D

We had an inter-class tournament once and the best winger in our set was playing for one class that had all the best players. I was playing for a class that had useless bookworms. LOL. So I was designated to mark the guy. I marked this guy the whole game, he didnt get one chance! Finally, dude did one shimmy and took me left, abandoned me there and moved to the right. I didnt know how i fell on the floor and saw this guy galloping like antelope past me! I heard screams from the crowd! applause! The girls screaming like someone has seen their pant! Immediately, i stood up-- i wasnt the fastest, but i turned around and chased this guy! Chased him that I even passed my fellow teammates who were chasing him down! I got to him and I dont know how i did it, but I leaped and did an outrageous sliding tackle! I won the ball first and then, did my customary follow through, which waya'ed his knee, to make sure he knows never to try that nonsense he did when he dribbled me! LOL. Not only was it not a penalty, since I cleanly got the ball first. I ended his game right there. Dude had to be substituted! I stood up from that tackle, with the guy on the floor and the whole crowd screaming with amazement "Taribo! Taribo! Taribo!"

I literally used to watch games of Taribo, trying to model my game after him! What a defender!
I also went to a school that had someone nicknamed Taribo but that was because the bobo was ugly.
:shock: Me and you fit be classmate o!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cito wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:41 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:07 pm So happy to hear this as my nickname in secondary school was Taribo West, due to my qualities as a no-nonsense defender! :D

We had an inter-class tournament once and the best winger in our set was playing for one class that had all the best players. I was playing for a class that had useless bookworms. LOL. So I was designated to mark the guy. I marked this guy the whole game, he didnt get one chance! Finally, dude did one shimmy and took me left, abandoned me there and moved to the right. I didnt know how i fell on the floor and saw this guy galloping like antelope past me! I heard screams from the crowd! applause! The girls screaming like someone has seen their pant! Immediately, i stood up-- i wasnt the fastest, but i turned around and chased this guy! Chased him that I even passed my fellow teammates who were chasing him down! I got to him and I dont know how i did it, but I leaped and did an outrageous sliding tackle! I won the ball first and then, did my customary follow through, which waya'ed his knee, to make sure he knows never to try that nonsense he did when he dribbled me! LOL. Not only was it not a penalty, since I cleanly got the ball first. I ended his game right there. Dude had to be substituted! I stood up from that tackle, with the guy on the floor and the whole crowd screaming with amazement "Taribo! Taribo! Taribo!"

I literally used to watch games of Taribo, trying to model my game after him! What a defender!
I also went to a school that had someone nicknamed Taribo but that was because the bobo was ugly.
Are you implying Danfo could be as “handsome” as our Taribo? :D
Focus on the thread , instead of debating the looks of a man. That sounds very fruity
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:03 pm
Cito wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:41 pm

Are you implying Danfo could be as “handsome” as our Taribo? :D
Focus on the thread , instead of debating the looks of a man. That sounds very fruity
Quit trying too hard, we all know already.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Oguleftie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 pm Maybe some people did not watch the preview.

I watched it live. On that day they had close to a 30min talk before the program started, and the program lasted an hour.

Regarding Henry he was making reference to some issues, hence the cut-in response "did he follow you back to the dressing room".

Nobody questions whether Taribo was a good defender.
In his generation (and the word 'generation' implied) Uche Okechukwu was their best defender.
Dude, you are wrong on this one. Its like saying that Oshimen and Ighalo played in the same generation and that hence Ighalo was a better striker in his generation.
Uche was on his way out, when West came to the scene. Uche was one of the overaged three players allowed to play in ATL 96, Taribo was not. Uche was a great defender
beyond the shadow of a doubt, but West pound for pound has been the best defender that Nigeria has ever produced. Of course, Chairman Chukwu and keshi may have been
better during each of their prime...I just don't know that for a fact.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ANC wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm
Oguleftie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 pm Maybe some people did not watch the preview.

I watched it live. On that day they had close to a 30min talk before the program started, and the program lasted an hour.

Regarding Henry he was making reference to some issues, hence the cut-in response "did he follow you back to the dressing room".

In his generation (and the word 'generation' implied) Uche Okechukwu was their best defender.
Dude, you are wrong on this one. Its like saying that Oshimen and Ighalo played in the same generation and that hence Ighalo was a better striker in his generation.
Uche was on his way out, when West came to the scene. Uche was one of the overaged three players allowed to play in ATL 96, Taribo was not. Uche was a great defender
beyond the shadow of a doubt, but West pound for pound has been the best defender that Nigeria has ever produced. Of course, Chairman Chukwu and keshi may have been
IMHO, Chairman Chukwu was the best SE defender I ever watched. Hard to beat, and can pass the ball from the back.
Most of all, his personal temperament is quite remarkable. Which is why he is also the most deserving SE captain.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

ANC wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:07 pm

Not really on his way out. He was older than 23 when they played together, and was the olny overage player considered at the discussion in Lagos to see if a >23 should be included in the squad. Ighalo is way way way way way older than Osimhen.
They continued to play together, later played the world cup together & beyond.
Ighalo & Osimhen never together played competitive matches (you may even say non-competitive), nor the world cup together.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Taribo was an old fashion Backman... reminds me of his modern-day versions, Rudiger and Bailly.

We have people who have watched CE defenders over the years. While Taribo was one of the best he was not the best.

We are talking about Henry's comment about Taribo and suddenly it is an affirmation about him being better than our other defenders?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:21 am Taribo was an old fashion Backman... reminds me of his modern-day versions, Rudiger and Bailly.

We have people who have watched CE defenders over the years. While Taribo was one of the best he was not the best.

We are talking about Henry's comment about Taribo and suddenly it is an affirmation about him being better than our other defenders?
Which other ones? Shoelace? Abeg don't mention some prehistoric name...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:42 am
Cellular wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:21 am Taribo was an old fashion Backman... reminds me of his modern-day versions, Rudiger and Bailly.

Which other ones? Shoelace? Abeg don't mention some prehistoric name...
Pre-historic used to be modern. In your thinking, Maradona would be pre-historic compared to Messi.
Now go figure! :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle, which CE defenders are you referring to here? the likes of Ayo Akinfe? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:22 pm

Uncle, which CE defenders are you referring to here? the likes of Ayo Akinfe? :lol: :lol:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: I meant SE.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

wiseone wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:54 am
Zanetti is being untruthful and trying to project West as being unprofessional. He’s stereotyping Africans.
I followed Inter Milan news closely when West was playing there and at no time was it reported that he went missing
I am happy
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Notice that Zanetti said West disappeared "in January". The AFCON usually starts in January...
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

wiseone wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:21 pm Notice that Zanetti said West disappeared "in January". The AFCON usually starts in January...
He didn’t play any AFCON while he was at Inter. He played the 2000 edition when he was with AC Milan
I am happy