Leon Balogun: The Witch and the Super Eagles

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Leon Balogun: The Witch and the Super Eagles

Post by Cristao II »

I will not post the full story below as I like the site. It provides an insight into players' minds. Below is an extract. I would also recommend reading Lucas Moura's own as well.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/artic ... un-nigeria

My sister’s best friend’s mom had a best friend, and she was the witch.

She could read auras, or some crazy nonsense like that. I was 19 years old when I was told about her. I was trying to become a professional soccer player in Berlin — I didn’t have time for nonsense. But I had this issue … I was injury prone. Every year I felt like I would take one step forward and two steps back in my career because of the injuries. My sister, who is 13 years older than me and also my best friend, had an idea: The witch. Maybe witch is a bad term. I’m not sure. But she was a little spooky.

When my sister first pitched me the idea, I sort of rolled my eyes, like, Yeah … I’m sure she’ll know what’s wrong with me.

“No, Leon,” she’d say to me, “She sees things.”

“Fine, fine. Let’s give it a try.”

Let’s meet the witch.

(Continued on the site)
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Leon Balogun: The Witch and the Super Eagles

Post by waka-man »

Man, that’s beautiful.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

That’s why only those that feel this way will want to play for Nigeria,not Eze from Greenwich or Olise from France,Algeria and possibly England,if they feel it they’ll choose with their heart, that’s all!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow beautiful stuff!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Wow that's deep. :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

even though this was posted years ago, however this was the best part of the article for me
Then he said it: “I would like to invite you to be a Super Eagle.”
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cristao II wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm I will not post the full story below as I like the site. It provides an insight into players' minds. Below is an extract. I would also recommend reading Lucas Moura's own as well.

She could read auras, or some crazy nonsense like that. I was 19 years old when I was told about her. I was trying to become a professional soccer player in Berlin — I didn’t have time for nonsense. But I had this issue … I was injury prone. Every year I felt like I would take one step forward and two steps back in my career because of the injuries. My sister, who is 13 years older than me and also my best friend, had an idea: The witch. Maybe witch is a bad term. I’m not sure. But she was a little spooky.

When my sister first pitched me the idea, I sort of rolled my eyes, like, Yeah … I’m sure she’ll know what’s wrong with me.

Let’s meet the witch.

(Continued on the site)
I never get tired of reading this story.

Glad for him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:40 pm
Cristao II wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:53 pm I will not post the full story below as I like the site. It provides an insight into players' minds. Below is an extract. I would also recommend reading Lucas Moura's own as well.

Let’s meet the witch.

(Continued on the site)
I never get tired of reading this story.

Glad for him.
Cell

That is a favorite feature story source for me. The best that I read and will never forget is their story on Stevie Francis and how Francis saw Hakeem as a team mate. The story brought Francis TO THE PRESENT AND BREATHING. It was like he was seated next to you talking. Really fantastic writing.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics