Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Post by Sunset »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 am This is normal for Nigerians (bribes and fraudulence)only if someone has lived in a fully functioning society would they understand that this man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the sport.
Indeed

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:13 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:32 am
Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 am I would have preferred he is left to concentrate on club football rather than national assignments. Coaches who collect bribes to feature players or throw matches should be given life bans.
so you choose not to forgive, but you want our creator of the world to forgive you? maybe you should say the Lord's prayer in your head and then listen to every word .Once you do then pay attention to this part :"and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us"

Bro this is not about forgiveness. You Nigerians act like you know God pass everybody else.

The crime this guy committed has made it impossible for anything he (or any team he is affiliated with) does to be seen as clean. He brought the game into disrepute in the worst way that there is absolutely no way one can look at his decisions and give him the benefit of the doubt moving forward. What other things was he doing, aside from collecting bribes from players? Selling games as well?

The problem is that most Nigerians are corrupt and thieves, so they are unlikely to understand the gravity of this guys crimes and how that taints everything we do with him.

Anyway, good luck to you people.
yes i get you, but can we go lower than what **** is giving us? We lost to CAR in Lagos
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 am This is normal for Nigerians (bribes and fraudulence)only if someone has lived in a fully functioning society would they understand that this man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the sport.
Like when top players (cricket) from Australia, England, India took money in exchange of pitch information.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:14 am
Like when top players (cricket) from Australia, England, India took money in exchange of pitch information.
But that will not get them a top coaching job with the media reminding everyone at the least.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:45 am
Indeed

Big Sam lost his job as England coach the following morning.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I wonder how effective he will be returning to SE coaching since the bribe won't be coming in.
He will be watched closely, and that will make him handicapped.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am But that will not get them a top coaching job with the media reminding everyone at the least.

Shane Warne.
In early December 1998, the Australian Cricket Board revealed that three years earlier it had fined Warne and Mark Waugh for accepting money from a bookmaker (allegedly a man named John who was Sri Lankan, according to Shane Warne in one of his autobiographies) for giving information about pitch and weather conditions.
He played in the first four seasons (2008–2011) of the Indian Premier League for the Rajasthan Royals, where he played the roles of both captain and coach. He led his team to victory against the Chennai Super Kings in the final of the 2008 season. In February 2018, the Rajasthan Royals appointed Warne as their team mentor for the IPL 2018.[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Warne#Controversies
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:45 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:04 pm Id say this is a welcome development.
In what way?

Because Keshi was more corrupt? Abi Vancity?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:04 pm Id say this is a welcome development.
In what way?

1naija

Why speak for him. On this particular case, perhaps do you intend for the coach to be punished in perpetuity? He has served his time and it is time to move on. Was he banned for life? Does he deserve a life ban? It makes little sense to close the door on someone forever for a crime for which he has served the punishment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

fabio wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:34 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am But that will not get them a top coaching job with the media reminding everyone at the least.

Shane Warne.
In early December 1998, the Australian Cricket Board revealed that three years earlier it had fined Warne and Mark Waugh for accepting money from a bookmaker (allegedly a man named John who was Sri Lankan, according to Shane Warne in one of his autobiographies) for giving information about pitch and weather conditions.
He played in the first four seasons (2008–2011) of the Indian Premier League for the Rajasthan Royals, where he played the roles of both captain and coach. He led his team to victory against the Chennai Super Kings in the final of the 2008 season. In February 2018, the Rajasthan Royals appointed Warne as their team mentor for the IPL 2018.[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Warne#Controversies
Rajistan ok, we’ll I’m sure the standards in India regarding such acts are not much different from Nigeria,I did mention “in fully functioning societies” it’ll be a little harder to just carry on.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have nor commented either way on the man. To be frank, I don't even know who the guy is or what he does for for the SE. Neither do I care. None of them will improve the team one bit. They are just there for the check and the little gifts they can get.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:48 pm
In what way?

1naija

Why speak for him. On this particular case, perhaps do you intend for the coach to be punished in perpetuity? He has served his time and it is time to move on. Was he banned for life? Does he deserve a life ban? It makes little sense to close the door on someone forever for a crime for which he has served the punishment.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:08 am
Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:33 am I would have preferred he is left to concentrate on club football rather than national assignments. Coaches who collect bribes to feature players or throw matches should be given life bans.
Well that's the main difference, match fixing is a whole different issue which is why Siasia for example is serving a hefty Fifa ban despite even rejecting the offer.
Salisu's case still remains questionable IMO, mainly because the said players (Rabiu Ali & Osas Okoro) were already core figures in that team anyway, but him accepting the money was a horrible look that he was rightly punished for.
If he can be bribed to select players, I can't trust him not to throw a match. They are both financial inducements. And I know he has served his punishment hence the NFF should allow him continue his coaching career, but they shouldn't be employing him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

so you choose not to forgive, but you want our creator of the world to forgive you? maybe you should say the Lord's prayer in your head and then listen to every word .Once you do then pay attention to this part :"and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us"
You talk a lot of trash. There are consequences for all actions. Facing the consequences of your actions does not mean you have not been forgiven. In this instance, it just means that he can't be relied on to be honest or truthful. Simple.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

That will be my view BUT the position of the 'law' is different.

You cannot be punished for a crime twice. He was found guilty and served the punishment. It will be UNFAIR to now say that because of the crime he should not be allowed to work again.

Having served the punishment he should be 'integrated' back into the 'community' while undergoing observations.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Indeed

I can bet Allardyce would never smell any English FA job again. That's the right thing to do, not what we do in Nigeria.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:35 pm

You cannot be punished for a crime twice. He was found guilty and served the punishment. It will be UNFAIR to now say that because of the crime he should not be allowed to work again.

Having served the punishment he should be 'integrated' back into the 'community' while undergoing observations.
Nobody is saying he should not be allowed to work again. He is free to take up job offers with Private football clubs or organizations. But it is wrong for him to be given a government paying job.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Nobody is saying he should not be allowed to work again. He is free to take up job offers with Private football clubs or organizations. But it is wrong for him to be given a government paying job.
Please what makes it wrong to get a government paying job BUT right to take on private jobs? Thanks
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am
Indeed

Why do you bother. Fraud, bribe and criminality is imbeded in their blood and they will murder, if thats what is necessary to defend it. :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I dont think you know what double jeopardy means. :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am
Indeed

And has gone on to coach several PL clubs since.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm
Indeed

I can bet Allardyce would never smell any English FA job again. That's the right thing to do, not what we do in Nigeria.
BUT Allardyce was not even SANCTIONED! No punishment at all!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:33 pm
You talk a lot of trash. There are consequences for all actions. Facing the consequences of your actions does not mean you have not been forgiven. In this instance, it just means that he can't be relied on to be honest or truthful. Simple.
so you know what is in a man's heart, or you are sinless and should be condemned regardless... I do recall how Jesus told the other guy he would be in paradise today with him. Now because a naija man made a boo, he should be banned from his livelihood after serving a punishment? Why punish someone twice for one offense?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm

Please what makes it wrong to get a government paying job BUT right to take on private jobs? Thanks
If you’re government doesn’t have standards let alone screening then you’re basically fached,it probably explains why most Nigerian Presidents have either been to prison or prove to be tyrants!