Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:48 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:25 pmNo he was not fired! This was what the FA chair said.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37483344

Clarke told the BBC he had not been sacked, but they had agreed his position was "untenable".
Attitude like mine is that you follow the law. He committed a crime and he has served the punishment QED. You cannot stop the man from living AFTER serving the full punishment.

This is unlike the 'British standard' where Sam was given a slap on the wrist.

His position was untenable. Do you understand what that means?

Do you even understand what his 'crime' was? Admitting you know how to skirt FA rules on player ownership is not the same as accepting bribes on cameria, which is a lifetime ban offense.

Sam did not get a "slap on the wrist". He was actually fired, re 'allowed to go'. The FA Chair's quote is mere diplomatic speak...

Salisu's position in a public setup is untenable.

Nothing stops him from getting a job in the private sector like Allardyce...
You can tell me what it meant. But I am sure you know what it meant when the FA chair said Sam was NOT sacked contrary to what you said.

Was Salisu given a LIFE TIME ban??????

Stick with the FACTS please.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:25 pmNo he was not fired! This was what the FA chair said.

Clarke told the BBC he had not been sacked, but they had agreed his position was "untenable".
Attitude like mine is that you follow the law. He committed a crime and he has served the punishment QED. You cannot stop the man from living AFTER serving the full punishment.

Do you even understand what his 'crime' was? Admitting you know how to skirt FA rules on player ownership is not the same as accepting bribes on cameria, which is a lifetime ban offense.

Sam did not get a "slap on the wrist". He was actually fired, re 'allowed to go'. The FA Chair's quote is mere diplomatic speak...

You can tell me what it meant. But I am sure you know what it meant when the FA chair said Sam was NOT sacked contrary to what you said.

Its an offense deserving of a lifetime ban. That's the point.

Whatever semantic term you might use to describe it, bottomline is Sam Allardyce was let go and has NEVER returned to the England setup...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:05 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Its an offense deserving of a lifetime ban. That's the point.

Whatever semantic term you might use to describe it, bottomline is Sam Allardyce was let go and has NEVER returned to the England setup...
Not semantics. He was NOT sacked according to the FA chair or was he lying? Sam was not even investigated nor sanctioned! It was swept under the carpet. So he was not PUNISHED.

As per Salisu why did FIFA/CAF not give him a LIFE TIME ban?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:27 pm
oscar52 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 am If they want to keep any integrity in the role, Salisu should stay far away from the team. We know most coaches from developing countries likely do it but at least when they are caught, we should at least save face and keep him away and not make ourselves a laughing stock.
When they are caught they should be PUNISHED and the man has rightfully served his punishment. His life MUST not end because of the CRIME not after serving the FULL PUNISHMENT. If he has not served his punishment it will be a different story!
Chief I disagree. Its like saying a cashier caught stealing should be put in charge of handling cash again after he/she is punished. Its an unnecessary risk and one that if the cashier steals again, the store manager can be sued successfully for gross negligence. One of the problem in Nigeria is we dont treat govt or nonprofits entities like profit centers enough, if we did no board of directors will allow someone caught taking bribe to lead the business again.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:20 pm
oscar52 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 am If they want to keep any integrity in the role, Salisu should stay far away from the team. We know most coaches from developing countries likely do it but at least when they are caught, we should at least save face and keep him away and not make ourselves a laughing stock.
When they are caught they should be PUNISHED and the man has rightfully served his punishment. His life MUST not end because of the CRIME not after serving the FULL PUNISHMENT. If he has not served his punishment it will be a different story!
Chief I disagree. Its like saying a cashier caught stealing should be put in charge of handling cash again after he/she is punished. Its an unnecessary risk and one that if the cashier steals again, the store manager can be sued successfully for gross negligence. One of the problem in Nigeria is we dont treat govt or nonprofits entities like profit centers enough, if we did no board of directors will allow someone caught taking bribe to lead the business again.
There is no RULE about that. The important thing is to confirm that the person has shown remorse and also ensure that you have mitigations in [place to ensure that he is not exposed to such. What organisations tend to do is to improve on their controls.

You can't say a cashier whose only job is to handle money should not work again for life! You can't say a driver who killed someone should never drive again!

The reason why he was not given a LIFE time ban is because he is expected to return to play similar role after he has served his punishment. The punishment is to serve as deterrent to others and also to CORRECT him!

People do make mistake (errors of judgement) and that should not be the END of their life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 pm
There is no RULE about that. The important thing is to confirm that the person has shown remorse and also ensure that you have mitigations in [place to ensure that he is not exposed to such. What organisations tend to do is to improve on their controls.

You can't say a cashier whose only job is to handle money should not work again for life! You can't say a driver who killed someone should never drive again!

The reason why he was not given a LIFE time ban is because he is expected to return to play similar role after he has served his punishment. The punishment is to serve as deterrent to others and also to CORRECT him!

People do make mistake (errors of judgement) and that should not be the END of their life!
This is what I was referring to when I said earlier that Nigerians will use ‘legalese and whataboutisms’ etc etc to defend just about any position they choose to, no matter the circumstances.
Add to that your regular straw man strategy because nobody has ever suggested Yusuf should never work again or that it should be “the end of his life”.
Alhaji, take am easy. That is YOUR argument, nobody else’s. :roll:

You are probably a decent chap but you sabi argue untenable argument. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:18 pm

This is what I was referring to when I said earlier that Nigerians will use ‘legalese and whataboutisms’ etc etc to defend just about any position they choose to, no matter the circumstances.
Add to that your regular straw man strategy because nobody has ever suggested Yusuf should never work again or that it should be “the end of his life”.

You are probably a decent chap but you sabi argue untenable argument. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is always a strawman, untenable once it is against your views!

There us nothing to defend. You should be the one to cite the law or ethics broken by employing someone who was sanctioned for professional misconduct. When you commit a crime you are sanctioned and you serve your punishment.

Salisu was found guilty and he has served his punishment.

You British people did not even insist that Sam Alladyce should be prosecuted. Rather it was swept under the carpet yet it is NIGERIANS bla bla bla.

I may not like NFF employing Salisu again but there is no law or code of conduct broken by his employment by NFF after he has served his punishment

Someone cannot be punished for the same offence twice
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Here is what I do not get.

1. Salisu was caught on camera receiving gifts from reps of players.
2. The said gifts was never established as bribes that helped the said players in any form given the quality of the players said to be involved.
3. No one has said that the NFF established what is the limit to a gift that shall ever be given or accepted in such situations.
4. Nevertheless Salisu was punished given the circumstances of the event.
5. Salisu has served the punishment imposed. It was a never a lifetime ban.

Given the above, why are some now stating that the punishment should become I me a secret lifetime ban? I don't get it. Based on what should it be a lifetime ban? Is it because the previous ban is inadequate? Should it be because Salisu should not be allowed to earn a living because of the indiscretion? Please explain why a man who has duly served his time should be STILL punished.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Its about standards and setting minimum standards in public service.

Without standards, you do not have a country that is truly functional.

The problem with Nigeria is exactly attitude like is shown here by EII and Wanajo.
The problem with Nigeria is US.

We are the ones who make excuses all the time...We are the ones using our education to make justifications for all manner of despicable conduct....

Christian Emeruwa, NFF's former National Integrity Officer, who is now Head of CAF's Safety and Security Department, was not pleased by the new development, saying Yusuf should have been banned for life.

Emeruwa told ESPN: "The offense committed by the coach is one of those offenses, as outlined in the NFF's Integrity Guidelines and FIFA Ethics Code, that should have led to a life ban.

"But in the wisdom of the NFF Disciplinary Committee, they decided to give him a suspension. And now they have decided to call him back.

"But on the basis of the FIFA Ethics Code, he should have been banned for life. The protocol is clear: resist, renounce and report.

"If you do not do any of those, you are culpable. Not to talk of someone that as caught on camera collecting money. And it was proved beyond reasonable doubt. I would say he is very lucky not just to get away without a life ban, but to be offered his job back again."

https://africa.espn.com/football/nigeri ... g-job-back

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Unfortunately, this is not about Nigeria but about humanity. People make errors but errors should not condemn one for life. Txj, i bet you have made errors in your life. As long as you or any one sincerely makes a mens for such errors, in my view, tgat should not condemn you or anyone else for life. This idea tgat an erro error like this cannot be forgiven is plain ridiculous. He has not taken a life. Has he? Even if he has, that does not mean that he should be c I needed for life. I just don't agree with such. Glad that many places in the one is coming to grip with that view on crime. Y ears of being unforgiving on crime has not led the world to become better place and that is why the view on these things have changed with the times.
txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:27 pm Its about standards and setting minimum standards in public service.

The problem with Nigeria is exactly attitude like is shown here by EII and Wanajo.

We are the ones who make excuses all the time...We are the ones using our education to make justifications for all manner of despicable conduct....

Christian Emeruwa, NFF's former National Integrity Officer, who is now Head of CAF's Safety and Security Department, was not pleased by the new development, saying Yusuf should have been banned for life.

Emeruwa told ESPN: "The offense committed by the coach is one of those offenses, as outlined in the NFF's Integrity Guidelines and FIFA Ethics Code, that should have led to a life ban.

"But in the wisdom of the NFF Disciplinary Committee, they decided to give him a suspension. And now they have decided to call him back.

"But on the basis of the FIFA Ethics Code, he should have been banned for life. The protocol is clear: resist, renounce and report.

"If you do not do any of those, you are culpable. Not to talk of someone that as caught on camera collecting money. And it was proved beyond reasonable doubt. I would say he is very lucky not just to get away without a life ban, but to be offered his job back again."

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Public service is not a right, but a privilege. That is why it is guarded strictly.

Public service is about Nigeria. Its about the collective. Its about Nigerian humanity...

Nobody has said he should not work to earn a living, but not as a holder of a public trust.

Which means he should explore opportunities in the private sector.

The only thing Salisu is entitled to is an equal opportunity to serve the public; in this case the SE.

But he doesn't have a birth right to be in the SE.

Why would a man found guilty of receiving bribes and abusing his position as coach of the SE be allowed back in the same position in the name of forgiveness?

Based on your analogy we should as well pardon and return a child rapist to his position as a day care staff!!!!

You have to have standards EII. In the US where u live and work, such a conduct would never ever be tolerated. So why in the world are u here making excuses?

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:52 pm Unfortunately, this is not about Nigeria but about humanity. People make errors but errors should not condemn one for life. Txj, i bet you have made errors in your life. As long as you or any one sincerely makes a mens for such errors, in my view, tgat should not condemn you or anyone else for life. This idea tgat an erro error like this cannot be forgiven is plain ridiculous. He has not taken a life. Has he? Even if he has, that does not mean that he should be c I needed for life. I just don't agree with such. Glad that many places in the one is coming to grip with that view on crime. Y ears of being unforgiving on crime has not led the world to become better place and that is why the view on these things have changed with the times.
txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:27 pm Its about standards and setting minimum standards in public service.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:38 pm

It is always a straw man because it ALWAYS seems to be your basis of argument.
SHOW US where anybody has said he should never work again, or that it should be “the end of his life”
Show us.
I dare you to.
You set up these silly points nobody is making and begin to vigorously argue against them! What else do you call that? :rotf:

It is not “against my views” BECAUSE IT IS NOT MY VIEW.
It’s that simple.
If you don’t understand what is being said, then you should know what to do.
Jeez. :roll:
There us nothing to defend. You should be the one to cite the law or straw man because it ALWAYS ethics broken by employing someone who was sanctioned for professional misconduct. When you commit a crime you are sanctioned and you serve your punishment. Salisu was found guilty and he has served his punishment.
I don’t even know where to start with this your spurious argument.
So once a man has served his punishment, that’s it? No consequences?
Really?
I get sent to jail for bank fraud as a banker and once served I should expect to walk back into that bank - or any other bank for that matter - because I have ‘served my time’?
You British people did not even insist that Sam Alladyce should be prosecuted. Rather it was swept under the carpet yet it is NIGERIANS bla bla bla.
This is just a silly argument you make here. Very silly - and that’s putting it politely.
What the hell has Sam Allardyce and his scandal got to do with me, the “British people” or anyone else in the damn universe protesting against Yusuff’s reinstatement as national coach?
You are clutching at straws here, not surprising coming from you and your love of straw.
I’m supposed to go carry placard against Sam Allardyce and post the pictures on CE for wanaj0 to see, right? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I may not like NFF employing Salisu again but there is no law or code of conduct broken by his employment by NFF after he has served his punishment
Nothing to do with what you or anyone else ‘like’.
Nothing to do with the law and all that obfuscating legalese you so love to muddy the waters with.
It’s about morality and principles and the message sent out.
Don’t pretend you don’t get it. You absolutely do.
You just don’t think it is important and you justify it by referring to some “British people” and one washed-up English coach no-one here cares ten kobo about.
Amazing!
Oh really? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Go to jail for fondling or sexually harassing a female patient, serve the sentence and see whether you’ll ever get a job as a doctor in the public sector again.

You are really letting yourself down here.
Why, I really don’t know.
But feel free to do so.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 pm

SHOW US where anybody has said he should never work again, or that it should be “the end of his life”
Show us.
I dare you to.
You set up these silly points nobody is making and begin to vigorously argue against them! What else do you call that? :rotf:

It’s that simple.
There us nothing to defend. You should be the one to cite the law or straw man because it ALWAYS ethics broken by employing someone who was sanctioned for professional misconduct. When you commit a crime you are sanctioned and you serve your punishment. Salisu was found guilty and he has served his punishment.
Really?
I get sent to jail for bank fraud as a banker and once served I should expect to walk back into that bank - or any other bank for that matter - because I have ‘served my time’?
This is just a silly argument you make here. Very silly - and that’s putting it politely.
What the hell has Sam Allardyce and his scandal got to do with me, the “British people” or anyone else in the damn universe protesting against Yusuff’s reinstatement as national coach?
You are clutching at straws here, not surprising coming from you and your love of straw.
I’m supposed to go carry placard against Sam Allardyce and post the pictures on CE for wanaj0 to see, right? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Nothing to do with the law and all that obfuscating legalese you so love to muddy the waters with.
You just don’t think it is important and you justify it by referring to some “British people” and one washed-up English coach no-one here cares ten kobo about.
Amazing!
Go to jail for fondling or sexually harassing a female patient, serve the sentence and see whether you’ll ever get a job as a doctor in the public sector again.

But feel free to do so.
It is silly, stupid etc because Damunk said so not because there is a LAW/RULE against it!

Respect others view. While you are free to disagree no need to be rude and condescending
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj

But the argument is not about whether the Super Eagles job is a public service or not. That is NOT the crux of my point. However, if you want to delve into that and insistence on comparing to the Western world I urge you to check out the following:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/elected ... d=78993840
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/20 ... d-pardons/

I wonder if the above constitutes public service, I ask. :???:

Now, lets be clear. Salisu never was imprisoned for a crime nor was he ever convicted by the state, as far as I am aware. I want to make that clear. The only reason I have used far fetched examples of criminals who were convicted and jailed is to point out that even those who have exemplified the extreme have returned to civil society to serve the public in climes that you often refer as beacon. Yet, Salisu was alleged to have committed a crime (that he disputed as not in violation) but was duly punished administratively for it. That administrative punishment is over and yet.......

The above are poeople elected and appointed to serve the public. They are not in private service, BTW. One was previously convicted for murder and the other served time but was appointed to serve on a public Board. I purposely sought to site examples from the USA, and not Africa or Nigeria.

Nevertheless the above is not even my main point.

My point is that someone has served his punishment and that should wipe his slate clean in a just society. No one should be eternally punished. It makes little sense especially in a case that was not even capital or high crime case as long as the person has served time and has demonstrated contrition. That is the bottomline point that I make.

txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 pm Public service is not a right, but a privilege. That is why it is guarded strictly.

Public service is about Nigeria. Its about the collective. Its about Nigerian humanity...

Nobody has said he should not work to earn a living, but not as a holder of a public trust.

The only thing Salisu is entitled to is an equal opportunity to serve the public; in this case the SE.

Why would a man found guilty of receiving bribes and abusing his position as coach of the SE be allowed back in the same position in the name of forgiveness?

Based on your analogy we should as well pardon and return a child rapist to his position as a day care staff!!!!

You have to have standards EII. In the US where u live and work, such a conduct would never ever be tolerated. So why in the world are u here making excuses?

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:52 pm Unfortunately, this is not about Nigeria but about humanity. People make errors but errors should not condemn one for life. Txj, i bet you have made errors in your life. As long as you or any one sincerely makes a mens for such errors, in my view, tgat should not condemn you or anyone else for life. This idea tgat an erro error like this cannot be forgiven is plain ridiculous. He has not taken a life. Has he? Even if he has, that does not mean that he should be c I needed for life. I just don't agree with such. Glad that many places in the one is coming to grip with that view on crime. Y ears of being unforgiving on crime has not led the world to become better place and that is why the view on these things have changed with the times.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:38 am
    Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:49 pm
    Damunk wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:18 pm This is what I was referring to when I said earlier that Nigerians will use ‘legalese and whataboutisms’ etc etc to defend just about any position they choose to, no matter the circumstances.

Show us.
    I dare you to.

It’s that simple.
    Really?
    Amazing!

But feel free to do so.
    It is silly, stupid etc because Damunk said so not because there is a LAW/RULE against it!

Respect others view. While you are free to disagree no need to be rude and condescending
    No. It is NOT because “Damunk said so”. This is you personalising the argument again.
    We are not in a popularity contest here. :roll:

There is the letter of the law and then there is the spirit of the law.
    Countless criminals go scot-free all over the world based on technicalities and then shamelessly strut around as “innocent” men because the spirit of the law counts for less or even nothing.
    If you do not get it or refuse to “because Damunk said so” then you have a problem. Stick with the message and ignore the messenger. :roll:

I will repeat it and drum it into your ears:
    This is about morality and principles and the message sent out :idea:

Oh, regarding your BIG CLAIM. I am still waiting for you to SHOW US where anybody has said Yusuf should ‘never work again’, or that it should be “the end of his life”.
    Should I hold my breath? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
    wanaj0
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am txj

But the argument is not about whether the Super Eagles job is a public service or not. That is NOT the crux of my point. However, if you want to delve into that and insistence on comparing to the Western world I urge you to check out the following:

Now, lets be clear. Salisu never was imprisoned for a crime nor was he ever convicted by the state, as far as I am aware. I want to make that clear. The only reason I have used far fetched examples of criminals who were convicted and jailed is to point out that even those who have exemplified the extreme have returned to civil society to serve the public in climes that you often refer as beacon. Yet, Salisu was alleged to have committed a crime (that he disputed as not in violation) but was duly punished administratively for it. That administrative punishment is over and yet.......

The above are poeople elected and appointed to serve the public. They are not in private service, BTW. One was previously convicted for murder and the other served time but was appointed to serve on a public Board. I purposely sought to site examples from the USA, and not Africa or Nigeria.

My point is that someone has served his punishment and that should wipe his slate clean in a just society. No one should be eternally punished. It makes little sense especially in a case that was not even capital or high crime case as long as the person has served time and has demonstrated contrition. That is the bottomline point that I make.

txj wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 pm Public service is not a right, but a privilege. That is why it is guarded strictly.

God bless you PLENTY :clap:
    Flex Swift
    Egg
    Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

What a disgusting system, suspended for two years than given his job back. Where else in world does this happen? He himself has no shame and should have resigned and sort employment in the private sector.

How does one give a guilty individual their job back? The suspension should have been for all football activities but employment terminated with the NFF leaving him free after two years to seek employment elsewhere.

Is this the tribalism that people have been talking about where it is one rule for the Fulani/Northerner & another rule for the rest of the country? Is this bobo such a great coach that they cannot do without him?

The people supporting this are showing their true colours
    danfo driver
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

You keep repeating this, even after I asked you to go research "double jeorpardy."

You are either shooting your mouth on something you dont know or you are a terrible lawyer. Which is it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    "it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
    metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
    danfo driver
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

See this guy!

Oh! Boy, public service is NOT a right or a privilege in Nigeria! In Nigeria its their property! :lol: :lol: :lol: As far as these people are concerned, they own Nigeria! Who the hell are we/Nigerians to question them! s far as they are concerned public positions have nothing to do with service to your country, it has everything to do with them!!! Yusuf MUST coach Nigeria, whether Nigeria likes it or not! Its his property! How dare Nigeria take it away from him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nothing pleases me more than seeing the corrupt Nigerian on Cybereagles expose who they truly are. It makes me happy because it confirms what i have always said-- Nigeria is NOT the problem. The people are. Trust me, remove every person from Nigeria and do a citizen swap! Replace them with everyone from Japan. Within 30 days, Nigeria will turn around for the better and Japan will collapse to complete anarchy!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
    metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
    danfo driver
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Of course he has not shame. The shameless low life will show up to camp and be shinning his rotten teeth and before you know it, will be collecting "gifts" from players again. When it comes to what they will eat, these lowlives have zero shame.
    Flex Swift wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 am What a disgusting system, suspended for two years than given his job back. Where else in world does this happen? He himself has no shame and should have resigned and sort employment in the private sector.

How does one give a guilty individual their job back? The suspension should have been for all football activities but employment terminated with the NFF leaving him free after two years to seek employment elsewhere.

Is this the tribalism that people have been talking about where it is one rule for the Fulani/Northerner & another rule for the rest of the country? Is this bobo such a great coach that they cannot do without him?

The people supporting this are showing their true colours
    kalani JR
    Egg
    Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Can't shame the shameless.
    txj
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by txj »

First of all your examples are not appropriate. Like I said, it is often sad to see us Nigerians use our education to provide justification for bad behavior...This is why Nigeria continues to fail!

You should cite a related public example from football; not one from a political system which is subject to myriad political variables. We are the reason we continue to fail, cus of infinite willingness to justify bad behavior...

Will the USSF or the EFA accept to rehire someone in Salisu's position?

The argument is about standards. I cited the public service angle because of standards in the public service, of which the SE job belongs...

The NFF has Integrity Guidelines and FIFA Ethics Code. That's why I cited the security officer's comments.

Nobody advocates that Salisu should be punished for life from ever working. That's a strawman argument. There is work in the private football sector!

Nobody has a birth right to coach the SE.

Enugu II wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:41 am txj

txj
    Eaglet
    Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sadly, you are absolutely right...

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:12 pm See this guy!

Oh! Boy, public service is NOT a right or a privilege in Nigeria! In Nigeria its their property! :lol: :lol: :lol: As far as these people are concerned, they own Nigeria! Who the hell are we/Nigerians to question them! s far as they are concerned public positions have nothing to do with service to your country, it has everything to do with them!!! Yusuf MUST coach Nigeria, whether Nigeria likes it or not! Its his property! How dare Nigeria take it away from him. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Nothing pleases me more than seeing the corrupt Nigerian on Cybereagles expose who they truly are. It makes me happy because it confirms what i have always said-- Nigeria is NOT the problem. The people are. Trust me, remove every person from Nigeria and do a citizen swap! Replace them with everyone from Japan. Within 30 days, Nigeria will turn around for the better and Japan will collapse to complete anarchy!