Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Salisu Yusuf is back as Assistant coach

Post by wanaj0 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:42 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm
wanaj0 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 am This is normal for Nigerians (bribes and fraudulence)only if someone has lived in a fully functioning society would they understand that this man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the sport.
That will be my view BUT the position of the 'law' is different.

You cannot be punished for a crime twice. He was found guilty and served the punishment. It will be UNFAIR to now say that because of the crime he should not be allowed to work again.

Having served the punishment he should be 'integrated' back into the 'community' while undergoing observations.
Nobody is saying he should not be allowed to work again. He is free to take up job offers with Private football clubs or organizations. But it is wrong for him to be given a government paying job.
Please what makes it wrong to get a government paying job BUT right to take on private jobs? Thanks
If you’re government doesn’t have standards let alone screening then you’re basically fached,it probably explains why most Nigerian Presidents have either been to prison or prove to be tyrants!
Maybe exactly why Sam was not even 'punished' in the UK and entire episode was swept under the carpet and life continues as if NOTHING happened? :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:26 am
Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 am This is normal for Nigerians (bribes and fraudulence)only if someone has lived in a fully functioning society would they understand that this man shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the sport.

You cannot be punished for a crime twice. He was found guilty and served the punishment. It will be UNFAIR to now say that because of the crime he should not be allowed to work again.

Having served the punishment he should be 'integrated' back into the 'community' while undergoing observations.
Nobody is saying he should not be allowed to work again. He is free to take up job offers with Private football clubs or organizations. But it is wrong for him to be given a government paying job.
Please what makes it wrong to get a government paying job BUT right to take on private jobs? Thanks
If you’re government doesn’t have standards let alone screening then you’re basically fached,it probably explains why most Nigerian Presidents have either been to prison or prove to be tyrants!
Maybe exactly why Sam was not even 'punished' in the UK and entire episode was swept under the carpet and life continues as if NOTHING happened? :taunt:
Yusuf was found guilty.
He was punished and served it in full.
He is now free to pursue his livelihood but IMHO not in the same job soiled by his actions.

This is exactly the reason our standards are so low in Nigeria and we are saddled with all sorts and all manner of criminals standing proudly as Nigerian ‘leaders’.
We, Nigerians, get the leaders we deserve and this is a perfect example of how.
Bring ‘God’ into it, use plenti-plenti legalese and wahataboutisms and maybe even point to a few ‘good deeds’ he has done and voila!… all is forgiven.

Next thing, Yusuf (‘by God’s grace’) is in attendance at the FIFA World Cup Draw or AFCON Draw and referred to as the national team coach,“found guilty of accepting bribes in 2018”.
Oh really?”, asks an incredulous enquiring mind. “Which country?”
“Nigeria”.
“Oh.”
Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.

Welcome once again to the global Nigerian brand sanctioned by its government and fully backed by its people. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk you may have stolen meat from a pot in a kitchen many times. However were you banned for life from entering kitchrn?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:07 am Damunk you may have stolen meat from a pot in a kitchen many times. However were you banned for life from entering kitchrn?
At least my own still good if I steal meat from my mama pot.
You wey dey go steal akara from alakara at junction on the regular nko?
Na koboko dem dey take drive you reach Iponri police station. :taunt:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

In places like America, you gradute from law school and pass the bar exam and you cant celebrate. You are not yet a lawyer! You have to undergo the "character and fitness" process in order to be confirmed and permitted to get sworn in. In Nigeria you have criminals, thieves, rapists, fraudsters and all manner of imbeciles wearing robes and brown dirty wigs, soaked in sweat, shouting "my lord! my lord!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go through this thread and be honest with yourself - NIGERIA IS FINISHED!!! Our citizens are the curse that has blighted the poor Nigeria. The country is not the problem.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sam was fired from his England job and has never been seen anywhere near the NT camp since.

It doesn't and hasn't prevented him from getting a job in the pvte sector with an employer whose standards are lacking...

Attitudes like urs is the reason Nigeria will never develop.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:57 pm In places like America, you gradute from law school and pass the bar exam and you cant celebrate. You are not yet a lawyer! You have to undergo the "character and fitness" process in order to be confirmed and permitted to get sworn in. In Nigeria you have criminals, thieves, rapists, fraudsters and all manner of imbeciles wearing robes and brown dirty wigs, soaked in sweat, shouting "my lord! my lord!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go through this thread and be honest with yourself - NIGERIA IS FINISHED!!! Our citizens are the curse that has blighted the poor Nigeria. The country is not the problem.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I agree 100%…. :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:10 pm

Sam was fired from his England job and has never been seen anywhere near the NT camp since.

It doesn't and hasn't prevented him from getting a job in the pvte sector with an employer whose standards are lacking...

Brother wanaj0 is on record as strenuously defending Ibori The Great.
Just sayin’… :idea:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

What's important is this: What were the results when Salisu was in the team and after Salisu was sacked.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:20 pm What's important is this: What were the results when Salisu was in the team and after Salisu was sacked.
The question is how significant is the role of our assistant coach? Can the results during and after he was the team be attributed to him? I don’t think so.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:23 pm
The question is how significant is the role of our assistant coach? Can the results during and after he was the team be attributed to him? I don’t think so.
If it wasn't, why are they bringing him back?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

It's not hard to conceive Salisu's return to coaching SE, especially in a society with the mentality that
without certain types nothing gets done. Just think about Ibori, Tinubu, Atiku, their antecedents and
how we like to recycle them.
Social disdain and moral judgement is reserved for the poor hungry looking guy/gal suspected of
stealing a loaf. Justice is he/she being detained for months without being charged.

Welcome back Salisu, and keep up the good work! :sneaky: :tic: :sad:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:51 pm
Good question. I don’t think we have an assistant at the moment. Jobo is just ceremonial. He even abandoned us just to do media work during the Euros.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You want him kill himself for all you ingrates? Yobo is your next coach whether you like it or not.

Lolly wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:26 pm
fabio wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:51 pm
Good question. I don’t think we have an assistant at the moment. Jobo is just ceremonial. He even abandoned us just to do media work during the Euros.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:20 pm What's important is this: What were the results when Salisu was in the team and after Salisu was sacked.
exactly.

That is all I care.

All this "corruption". As if others who did not get caught, are not doing the same or even WORSE corruption.

Like I said Salisu's influence on the team has always been a positive one. There does seem to be a correlation with our downturn in form and Salisu's absence from the team. Not saying it is causation, but it deserves to be looked at seriously.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

If they want to keep any integrity in the role, Salisu should stay far away from the team. We know most coaches from developing countries likely do it but at least when they are caught, we should at least save face and keep him away and not make ourselves a laughing stock.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Nigerians want a corrupt guilty as charged man at the helm, so give him to them. There is no shame among thieves anyways.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You think Nigerians give a shait about integrity or corruption? Its all about who comits the offense or act. The same people screaming that someone who has done his time should be forgiven are the same peole who still want to kill Alams in his grave and want ibori to continue to pay the price for whatever crime they think he committed
oscar52 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 am If they want to keep any integrity in the role, Salisu should stay far away from the team. We know most coaches from developing countries likely do it but at least when they are caught, we should at least save face and keep him away and not make ourselves a laughing stock.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:17 pm

Brother wanaj0 is on record as strenuously defending Ibori The Great.
Just sayin’… :idea:
You don't have to turn yourself to a LIAR to make a point.

I repeat again that in terms of INFRASTRUCTURAL development there is no governor that can be compared with Ibori! That is a FACT. You can try and dispute that.

I will not allow you to derail the thread.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

No he was not fired! This was what the FA chair said.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37483344

Clarke told the BBC he had not been sacked, but they had agreed his position was "untenable".
Attitude like mine is that you follow the law. He committed a crime and he has served the punishment QED. You cannot stop the man from living AFTER serving the full punishment.

This is unlike the 'British standard' where Sam was given a slap on the wrist.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oscar52 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:27 am If they want to keep any integrity in the role, Salisu should stay far away from the team. We know most coaches from developing countries likely do it but at least when they are caught, we should at least save face and keep him away and not make ourselves a laughing stock.
When they are caught they should be PUNISHED and the man has rightfully served his punishment. His life MUST not end because of the CRIME not after serving the FULL PUNISHMENT. If he has not served his punishment it will be a different story!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

1naija wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:22 am You think Nigerians give a shait about integrity or corruption? Its all about who comits the offense or act. The same people screaming that someone who has done his time should be forgiven are the same peole who still want to kill Alams in his grave and want ibori to continue to pay the price for whatever crime they think he committed
Ibori committed a crime and was rightfully punished. He served his sentence. However the LAW does not allow him to seek political office.

That said, his crime did not erase his achievement when he was governor of the State.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:25 pmNo he was not fired! This was what the FA chair said.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37483344

Clarke told the BBC he had not been sacked, but they had agreed his position was "untenable".
Attitude like mine is that you follow the law. He committed a crime and he has served the punishment QED. You cannot stop the man from living AFTER serving the full punishment.

This is unlike the 'British standard' where Sam was given a slap on the wrist.

His position was untenable. Do you understand what that means?

Do you even understand what his 'crime' was? Admitting you know how to skirt FA rules on player ownership is not the same as accepting bribes on cameria, which is a lifetime ban offense.

Sam did not get a "slap on the wrist". He was actually fired, re 'allowed to go'. The FA Chair's quote is mere diplomatic speak...

Salisu's position in a public setup is untenable.

Nothing stops him from getting a job in the private sector like Allardyce...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp