Mikel fell out with **** over his coaching methods – Igiebor reveals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Mikel fell out with **** over his coaching methods – Igiebor reveals

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.brila.net/mikel-fell-out-wi ... r-reveals/
He claimed many players do question his tactics, including the then team captain, John Mikel who led ****’s squad to the 2018 World Cup and 2019 African Cup of Nations, before he retired from international football.

“I was with this coach because we had this argument and I told him to get out and I left. He has nothing upstairs. He has nothing I can tell you. Even when we were in camp everybody quarreled with him.

“Mikel , I can tell you we were discussing. This guy has nothing. Is like Grant coaching one amateur team. He has nothing. I don’t know why they are keeping him there maybe because of one politics or another. This guy can not take Nigeria anywhere. I’m telling you the truth.” He told Brila FM Abuja.
as i said we are being short changed. When footballers are exposing the fake manager... as i said the people who coached the SE during the WCQs were Yusuf, Mikel , Moses and Ighalo... **** was just a Christmas decoration
The former Real Betis midfielder added that, Rohr lacks what he takes to handle the Super Eagles and he relies on individual brilliance from players to win matches.
gbosa

“I don’t think he is capable leading us to where we want to be and that’s the truth. The boys are winning games for him. Infact he doesn’t have any tactics or whatsoever. Don’t forget I was with him also“

“This coach will be exposed very soon when it comes to some kind of big games. He has nothing to offer to Nigeria. Even the lineup they make it for him”. He concluded.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Mikel fell out with **** over his coaching methods – Igiebor reveals

Post by danfo driver »

but but but . . . he coached Zidane 40 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Well damn :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

I don't see Igiebor as a very reliable source, this thing seems more personal from him.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Hard for me to take this seriously. Not sure if Igiebor is speaking the truth or just bitter about being dropped by Rohr. I haven't heard any of the current players speak badly about Rohr.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:32 pm I don't see Igiebor as a very reliable source, this thing seems more personal from him.
TBH, Igiebor's antecedent renders him as an unreliable character.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sometimes, its best to ignore the militant rants from a disgruntled old fool...
Igiebor: Why Super Eagles coach Rohr has not selected midfielder
Gbenga Adewoye
May 08, 2020 11:59 UTC -05:00

GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images
Nigeria
African All Stars
The 29-year-old has only featured twice for the three-time African champions since the arrival of the German tactician

Nosa Igiebor has revealed why he has not been playing for the Nigeria national team, suggesting he was frozen out by coach Gernot Rohr.

The 29-year-old was involved in the German tactician’s opening two games but was dropped to the bench against Zambia during the 2018 World Cup qualifying game.

The former Maccabi Tel Aviv midfielder explained he met with Rohr to know why he was not involved in the match, and the 66-year-old responded that he should move to a better league as the Israeli Premier League was not competitive enough.

“In Europe, if your coach doesn’t play you, you have a right to ask why you’re not getting game time so that you’ll know where to improve in your game,” he told Brila FM.

“The coach will even be happy. I did that when we got to Abuja. Wrapped my hands around the coach and asked him why I wasn’t playing.

“You know what he said to me? I should go and play in England because most players he played play in England.

“That he doesn’t like the level of the Israeli league insisting that I should move to a better league if I want to play. I was shocked because I have played in Betis and even in the Champions League in the past.

“The following week they took a picture from a newspaper in Nigeria and sent to me, you know what Rohr said about me is that I will not call these players again because they are only coming here for the bonus.

“First on the list is Nosa Igiebor, my name was number one. So I was interviewed on this same station and I said I don’t want to play for the national team again if that is what this man thinks about me.”

Igiebor was part of Nigeria’s squad that won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations along with Sunday Mba, who emerged as one of the star-performers in the competition.

The former Real Betis midfielder was, however, excluded from the final Super Eagles squad to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil and has revealed why he failed to make Stephen Keshi’s list.

“Football is all politics, they took me out of the starting line-up, not because of Sunday Mba is better than me,” he continued.

“Yes he’s hardworking and he is very good, but it all boils down to the politics in Nigeria Football and that is why I wasn’t unable to go to the World cup. Even the Sunday Mba who was at the Afcon didn’t go to the world cup.”

The former Anorthosis Famagusta midfielder has made 15 appearances for the three-time African champions and scored two goals.
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 pm Hard for me to take this seriously. Not sure if Igiebor is speaking the truth or just bitter about being dropped by Rohr. I haven't heard any of the current players speak badly about Rohr.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I will not play for Super Eagles as long as Rohr is coach – Nosa Igiebor
Published on May 8, 2017By Ifreke Inyang

Çaykur Rizespor Kulübü midfielder, Nosa Igiebor, has said he will no longer play for Nigeria again, as long as Gernot Rohr remains the head coach.

Igiebor was called up for the Super Eagles’ 2018 World Cup qualifier against Zambia last October, but did not feature in the 2-1 win at the Levy Mwanawasa Stadium in Ndola.

The 26-year-old is furious that Rohr did not speak to him on why he was not used during the game.

”Yes, I granted an interview to a radio station in Nigeria,” Igiebor told Own Goal Nigeria.

“It’s true I’m no longer interested in playing for Nigeria as long as Rohr remains the coach. He disrespected me.

”He (Rohr) treated me like I’m nobody, I won’t honour any more calls unless if he assures me that I will play,” he added.

“I can’t watch players I’m better than play ahead of me.”
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

His Career
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2005–2007 Sharks 49 (7)
2007–2009 Warri Wolves 63 (16)
2009–2011 Lillestrøm 67 (13)
2011–2012 Hapoel Tel Aviv 27 (3)
2012–2014 Real Betis 26 (2)
2014–2017 Maccabi Tel Aviv 64 (9)
2017 Çaykur Rizespor 13 (1)
2017 Vancouver Whitecaps 1 (0)
2018/19 Anorthsis Famagusta 20 (1)

National team‡
2011– [2017] Nigeria 15 (2)
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof.
Fantastical stories like this are typical red meat for the ARB (Anti-Rohr Brigade).
We just need to call them out for what they are - nothing a whole load of BS!
Unfortunately, the messenger seems incapable of deciphering that, since it feeds into his/her narrative.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:32 pm I don't see Igiebor as a very reliable source, this thing seems more personal from him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:04 pm Hard for me to take this seriously. Not sure if Igiebor is speaking the truth or just bitter about being dropped by Rohr. I haven't heard any of the current players speak badly about Rohr.
Oh yea keep expecting that…have you heard any glowing praise, other than the routine ‘he’s ok’ type response? Who exactly would criticize the coach while still wanting to play?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:47 pm Prof.
Fantastical stories like this are typical red meat for the ARB (Anti-Rohr Brigade).
Unfortunately, the messenger seems incapable of deciphering that, since it feeds into his/her narrative.
BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:47 pm Prof.
BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
do not pay attention to ototokoro, dude is not a happy man. he gets extremely upset when his boss **** is called out. We just have to deal with it... it is what it is. Nosa has more 411 compared to any CE poster. This is also from Brilla FM.. a reliable sauce aka Larry Izomuze used to bring us stories from bounvita sports to modern day BRilla sports
SuperEagles

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Interesting. Certain CEs (names withheld) have told us in the past to ignore the messenger and LISTEN to the Message. Now they are destroying the messenger because they despise the message.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dude, of the two of us, you're the one that always seems to be discombobulated when it comes to matters pertaining to Gernot Rohr.
The fact of the matter is: I posted two different stories from two different media sources - there are always two sides to a story.
Our CE brethren are free to read the articles and based on their deductive reasoning, decide whether or not Nosa Igiebor's story has any credibility, based on his antecedents. Pure and simple.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:22 pm do not pay attention to ototokoro, dude is not a happy man. he gets extremely upset when his boss **** is called out. We just have to deal with it... it is what it is. Nosa has more 411 compared to any CE poster. This is also from Brilla FM.. a reliable sauce aka Larry Izomuze used to bring us stories from bounvita sports to modern day BRilla sports
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

You are free and welcome to believe whatever you want - its a free world (at least, some of it).
If you not able to 'read between the tea leaves', then that's on you. To you and others, it may be the gospel truth. To most, its a load of BS.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Otikoro, what more do you want before you finally see that our SE is being deprived of any tactical input from ****
SuperEagles

Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

And you are confident of this your assertion based on what exactly?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:54 pm Otikoro, what more do you want before you finally see that our SE is being deprived of any tactical input from ****
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Alex Iwobi described Rohr as the best coach he has ever worked with.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:57 pm
Oh yea keep expecting that…have you heard any glowing praise, other than the routine ‘he’s ok’ type response? Who exactly would criticize the coach while still wanting to play?
tedder89
Egg
Egg

Post by tedder89 »

I have never heard that before; not saying it's not true

Do you have a link to the quote/story?
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 pm Alex Iwobi described Rohr as the best coach he has ever worked with.
IN OUR CASE, THERE IS NO TIME. NO SERIOUS COACH WILL TAKE THIS JOB

Pasamu on Monday Feb 22nd 2010 post ANC- I will repeat again, the problem with our team was never ability or personnel or even tactics . It was confidence pure and simple confidence. Amodus team had been spat upon, anything they did was dismissed as insignificant To see the team going from playing brilliant football against Egypt in the first half of their ANC group game to the cautious fear laden play against Zambia was sad.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

tedder89 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:19 pm I have never heard that before; not saying it's not true

Do you have a link to the quote/story?
olu wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 pm Alex Iwobi described Rohr as the best coach he has ever worked with.
I was about to say where did he get that one from…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:51 pm You are free and welcome to believe whatever you want - its a free world (at least, some of it).
If you not able to 'read between the tea leaves', then that's on you. To you and others, it may be the gospel truth. To most, its a load of BS.
maceo4 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:02 pm BP is posting information - are you saying he shouldn’t? YOU are CHOOSING not to believe it, and that is your choice. Others who choose to believe are just as righteous to feel that way. How is it a load of BS just because you are choosing not to believe it? Have you been around or talked to other players about ****? Or basically anything that doesn’t fit your narrative is BS?
What exactly makes it BS? He mentioned names specifically Mikel, if he calls it BS then I get it, but how can you sit on your couch and determine BS in situations that you are clearly not privy to?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Believe Igiebor at your own peril.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.