Kele v Onyeka

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Kele v Onyeka

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why is it that every time I watch Onyeaka it's always difficult to even spot him on the pitch? Im watching live now and I havent seen him or heard his name..

Is he a DM, CM or AM? What does he do well? He must be a good player to start for Brentford. Anywa sha, good luck to da bois. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Kele v Onyeka

I don see Onyeaka. :sneaky: What a cross. :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm Why is it that every time I watch Onyeaka it's always difficult to even spot him on the pitch? Im watching live now and I havent seen him or heard his name..

Is he a DM, CM or AM? What does he do well? He must be a good player to start for Brentford. Anywa sha, good luck to da bois. :thumb:
I have the same problem. The guy just seems to be invisible much of the time. Cant see him in attack, can't see him in defence.

Anyways I hope people see how Rodgers is playing a 352 with Nacho. That is the most balanced formation to play with him up top. I hope Rohr has figured this out by now.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Frank has made 2 good tackles in the last few minutes.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Onyeka is balling. If you can't see his impact on the game so far you should visit your optometrist.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:43 pm Frank has made 2 good tackles in the last few minutes.
And he put in a cross that almost led to a goal. The guy should be called Frank the Ghost . :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

This Brentford team is a nightmare. 1-1
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

2-1. Leicester just cut them open like hot knife through butter. Great pre-sssist by Kele.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the reason you sometimes cannot spot Onyeka is because he gets into positions you wouldn't expect a central midfielder to get into. Sometimes he is so advanced, sometimes he is on the wing, you just think it must be another player.

The guy is a top notch player, covers much ground, great at breaking up plays, and a decent technical player.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:36 pm Why is it that every time I watch Onyeaka it's always difficult to even spot him on the pitch? Im watching live now and I havent seen him or heard his name..

When you’re watching a player who’s better than you’ve presumed, you usually don’t recognize him. In your mind, that couldn’t possibly be him❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:07 pm

When you’re watching a player who’s better than you’ve presumed, you usually don’t recognize him. In your mind, that couldn’t possibly be him❗️

Cheers.

Kpom! I once got Demari confused for Iwobi too. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Good player. He has a clear role and does a good job at in. He’s a ball-winning CM who in the modern game has more frequency to press and attack the ball in more advanced spaces. If you try and watch him by concentrating on one area of the field, you’ll miss him.

He’s not a bad understudy for Ndidi but if we play him to his strengths he’ll be fighting Aribo, Iwobi and Iwobi for one of two slots ahead of Ndidi, where Aribo and Iwobi are the more attacking alts and Etebo and The Tank are the more defensive ones
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:38 pm the reason you sometimes cannot spot Onyeka is because he gets into positions you wouldn't expect a central midfielder to get into. Sometimes he is so advanced, sometimes he is on the wing, you just think it must be another player.

The guy is a top notch player, covers much ground, great at breaking up plays, and a decent technical player.
Those qualities work best in a midfield trio, but if he's in a pivot it's a huge liability to say the least
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:38 pm the reason you sometimes cannot spot Onyeka is because he gets into positions you wouldn't expect a central midfielder to get into. Sometimes he is so advanced, sometimes he is on the wing, you just think it must be another player.

Plus he doesn't needlessly dwell on the ball (more often than not he seems to know what his next move is before receiving the ball). He's very good for Brentford's system.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:26 pm

Those qualities work best in a midfield trio, but if he's in a pivot it's a huge liability to say the least
I've said many times SE is best with a 3 man midfield.

Whether it be 433 or 352

The 442 is a disaster. We do not have the players to play that kind of system. This system is ancient anyways and barely anyone plays it.

Dont know why our dunce of a coach went back to it, but I hope he has learned his lesson for good after that CAR debacle.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:39 pm

Whether it be 433 or 352

The 442 is a disaster. We do not have the players to play that kind of system. This system is ancient anyways and barely anyone plays it.

Dont know why our dunce of a coach went back to it, but I hope he has learned his lesson for good after that CAR debacle.

He went back to it to accommodate an Ihenacho and Osimhen partnership, while still being able to play with wingers. Having said that, Wilfred Ndidi is the player that allowed us to get away with playing less numbers in central midfield.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

mystic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:39 pm

Whether it be 433 or 352

He went back to it to accommodate an Ihenacho and Osimhen partnership, while still being able to play with wingers. Having said that, Wilfred Ndidi is the player that allowed us to get away with playing less numbers in central midfield.
That’s correct. And to be honest, if he hadn’t tried it, we’d be baying for blood.

But as you said, you need the middle four to all be exceptional and we were down to subs without Samu, Iwobi and most importantly Ndidi.

The challenge with 352 is it doesn’t really play to our strengths as we don’t have any amazing wingbacks (Simon?) and it eliminates width. It worked against CAR because both Balogun and Awaziem were able to join the attack but against any quality that’s gonna cost ya.

Plus Osimhen is really lost in a 2. And Nacho loses the ball too much to play as a withdrawn striker. He looks lost. He needs to play on the shoulders of the opposing centre backs.

That fact is something has to give and I think we’ll end up with 433 or 4-1-4-1 without Nacho when we play anyone of value.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Check the stats on how many times he touches the ball and how many passes he makes. That should reveal something.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Yes. He’s a box to box midfielder.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onyeka is a very solid b2b midfielder, an Ndidi, Onyeka and any of Aribo/Iwobi/Etebo midfield will be very interesting to see. Our midfield options are looking more promising, now if we finally get Ejaria and the one of either Alhassan Yusuf, Akinkunmi Amoo and maybe Obinna Nwobodo join the mix... we should permanently solve our conundrum of midfield problems once and for all with enough depth and quality at our disposal.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:06 pm Onyeka is a very solid b2b midfielder, an Ndidi, Onyeka and any of Aribo/Iwobi/Etebo midfield will be very interesting to see. Our midfield options are looking more promising, now if we finally get Ejaria and the one of either Alhassan Yusuf, Akinkunmi Amoo and maybe Obinna Nwobodo join the mix... we should permanently solve our conundrum of midfield problems once and for all with enough depth and quality at our disposal.
I watched Amoo today for the first time.

I think he is one for the future. He looked very quick, played in the AM position, but looked like he is more of a natural wide player.

I dont think he would currently be better than any of

Iwobi, Aribo, Ejaria, Ejuke in the AM position

But I would certainly have him in the squad over Musa, but that ain't saying much..