Falcons vs Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

K
Egg
Egg
Falcons vs Ghana

Post by K »

Second half Ghana 1 - Nigeria 0

What h on Facebook.com/maxtv gh
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Falcons vs Ghana

Post by bushboy »

I knew we would be beaten to be honest. This new coach is really poor. He inspires no confidence in me.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Second half just started. Let’s hope it stays this way
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Red cards and fights break out. It’s now 10 players each
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Asisat missed a one on one. She’s subpar
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Score ?
Never mind Nigeria 1 vs 1 ghana full time
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Final scores 1-0.

Nigeria qualifies for Nations cup on 2-1 aggregate
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

jette1 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:46 pm Score ?
It is 1-0 not 1-1.

Seriously something needs to be done in Africa & naija about national football.
A. The football HQ needs to be moved to Center of Africa may be to CAR.

B. Attention needs to be paid to the Falcons welfare.
1. The Falcons failed to match the Ghana pace and movement in the game.
2. The score would easily have been 4-0 or 5-0. It was just luck that saved us. Attention to detail lacking.
3. And much much much much more.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

No they don't.
Still have to play Ivory Coast and the winner of that tie qualifies.
Ivory Coast is stronger than Ghana (they bumped Nigeria out of the past Olympics).
Falcons had better come correct or they will lose that tie if they play the same crap they did in the 2 legs vs. Ghana, missing goals left and right and playing like wimps.
K wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:02 pm Final scores 1-0.

Nigeria qualifies for Nations cup on 2-1 aggregate
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

It is 1-0 not 1-1.

A. The CAF football HQ needs to be moved to Center of Africa may be to CAR.

2. The score would easily have been 4-0 or 5-0. It was just luck that saved us. Attention to detail lacking.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tbh Oshoala has been very underwhelming in the national colors, which is surprising cause she always turns up and plays to world class level at Barcelona.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

That's being nice.
She has outright SUCKED all year long.
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:46 pm Tbh Oshoala has been very underwhelming in the national colors, which is surprising cause she always turns up and plays to world class level at Barcelona.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Falcons have not been impressive under this current coach. Thomas Dennerby and Florence Omagbemi before him seemed to have the team heading in the right direction. I'm not really understanding what direction we're heading in at the moment.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dennerby was useless.
Omagbemi was the best of recent coaches - her team played devastating football and she always knew how to get the most out of her players.
A no-nonsense coach.
mystic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 pm Falcons have not been impressive under this current coach. Thomas Dennerby and Florence Omagbemi before him seemed to have the team heading in the right direction. I'm not really understanding what direction we're heading in at the moment.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:56 pm Dennerby was useless.
Omagbemi was the best of recent coaches - her team played devastating football and she always knew how to get the most out of her players.
A no-nonsense coach.
mystic wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 pm Falcons have not been impressive under this current coach. Thomas Dennerby and Florence Omagbemi before him seemed to have the team heading in the right direction. I'm not really understanding what direction we're heading in at the moment.

I agree with you on Omagbemi. Dennerby wasn't useless. He was laying a foundation from which we could have built a really good team. Unfortunately in the case of both coaches the NFF prefers playing politics to creating sustained success.
cybersoccerfan
Egg
Egg

Post by cybersoccerfan »

There is a lot of work to be done and the next round is going to be tougher. The team was not impressive today. There is a lack of cohesion, no discernible pattern of play/progression. There was usually so much distance between the lines, especially between midfield and forward, that the team generally punted the ball to forwards to chase! After 3 invitational tournaments and a summer camp in the calendar year - about 8-9 matches - before the qualifiers one would think there should be some progress.

Some observations:
i) Not sure why Payne and Ajibade were tasked with being (central) midfielders with a lot of defensive responsibility. Is there a lack of midfield players? Maybe Patrica George might help in the next round (just coming back from injury)? Payne (forward/winger) and Ajibade had to do so much work defending they could hardly provide any contributions going forward. The coach did a similar thing with Alozie (who was not in the squad for qualifiers) - a left footed forward who was played as a right back!

ii) Why did the West African countries agree to this format for the AWCON/World Cup qualification? One school of thought is the lack of funds in the women's game, but at the very least, couldn't they have had some seeding? 2022 African Women Cup of Nations Qualification - Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast are even in the same sub-group for WAFU! Perhaps it could be argued for youth tournaments - think it is being used for the men as well, not entirely in support of that, but using it for the senior women team seems absurd. The loser of this tie is going to be effectively out of competitive football for 2 years!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cybersoccerfan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:42 am There is a lot of work to be done and the next round is going to be tougher. The team was not impressive today. There is a lack of cohesion, no discernible pattern of play/progression. There was usually so much distance between the lines, especially between midfield and forward, that the team generally punted the ball to forwards to chase! After 3 invitational tournaments and a summer camp in the calendar year - about 8-9 matches - before the qualifiers one would think there should be some progress.

Some observations:
i) Not sure why Payne and Ajibade were tasked with being (central) midfielders with a lot of defensive responsibility. Is there a lack of midfield players? Maybe Patrica George might help in the next round (just coming back from injury)? Payne (forward/winger) and Ajibade had to do so much work defending they could hardly provide any contributions going forward. The coach did a similar thing with Alozie (who was not in the squad for qualifiers) - a left footed forward who was played as a right back!

ii) Why did the West African countries agree to this format for the AWCON/World Cup qualification? One school of thought is the lack of funds in the women's game, but at the very least, couldn't they have had some seeding? 2022 African Women Cup of Nations Qualification - Nigeria, Ghana and Ivory Coast are even in the same sub-group for WAFU! Perhaps it could be argued for youth tournaments - think it is being used for the men as well, not entirely in support of that, but using it for the senior women team seems absurd. The loser of this tie is going to be effectively out of competitive football for 2 years!
The qualifying system of zoning goes back to the election of the previous CAF President Ahmad Ahmad and the coalition that he built. That agreement fostered this zoning system of qualifying on all women and youth competitions. The only competition exemplify from this is at the senior men level. The current NFF leadership were part of this agreement which ends up shortchanging the top West African teams that end up eliminating each other. It is a major victory for countries in the East and South of Africa. It was a clear political landslide.... As for this game, I only watched a bit and TBH I am unimpressed. I can only hope.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

I think the situation that the Coach is literalily part-time is affecting the teams development. The guy just arrives during the window and goes back to the US immediately after. I don't know what his local assistants do during the off period. The gains of made from the Turkey & US tournaments seem not to be built on. The team played far better in those games. The assistants based in Nigeria should be allowed to open camp with homebased players at least a week before the foreign ones arrive. The coach did mention that they are expecting FIFA clearance for some players who I assume would be Zogg, Plumptre & Onumonu. However, I think on the bright side before the next round in Feb, Rivers Angels would have played in the Champions League Final competition next month and the league would have kicked off in December so, there would be a lot of options to beef up the team.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Adisboy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 am I think the situation that the Coach is literalily part-time is affecting the teams development. The guy just arrives during the window and goes back to the US immediately after. I don't know what his local assistants do during the off period. The gains of made from the Turkey & US tournaments seem not to be built on. The team played far better in those games. The assistants based in Nigeria should be allowed to open camp with homebased players at least a week before the foreign ones arrive. The coach did mention that they are expecting FIFA clearance for some players who I assume would be Zogg, Plumptre & Onumonu. However, I think on the bright side before the next round in Feb, Rivers Angels would have played in the Champions League Final competition next month and the league would have kicked off in December so, there would be a lot of options to beef up the team.
It's no different from Rohr as well.

This NFF.... Every good and perfect thing is foreign.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

fabio wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:40 am
Adisboy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:33 am I think the situation that the Coach is literalily part-time is affecting the teams development. The guy just arrives during the window and goes back to the US immediately after. I don't know what his local assistants do during the off period. The gains of made from the Turkey & US tournaments seem not to be built on. The team played far better in those games. The assistants based in Nigeria should be allowed to open camp with homebased players at least a week before the foreign ones arrive. The coach did mention that they are expecting FIFA clearance for some players who I assume would be Zogg, Plumptre & Onumonu. However, I think on the bright side before the next round in Feb, Rivers Angels would have played in the Champions League Final competition next month and the league would have kicked off in December so, there would be a lot of options to beef up the team.
It's no different from Rohr as well.

This NFF.... Every good and perfect thing is foreign.
Wrong way for us to go. Our female football is a different animal. In the male team 99% are based abroad, in the female more like 50-60%, so the home monitoring is vital.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The best ever showing of the Falcons was with a Nigerian coach, Ismaila Mabo, who was dumped
for reasons known to those in charge. Imagine where we would be, if he had been allowed to continue,
and groom a couple of his players to replace him? But when success is relegated for personal interests,
we can see how we've ended - no progress road map, but confusion in management and on the field of play.
...And we wonder why our lamentations seem to be continuing? :huh: :-x :(

1998 Falcons story,
https://www.cafonline.com/news-center/n ... er-falcons
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:31 pm
It is 1-0 not 1-1.

A. The CAF football HQ needs to be moved to Center of Africa may be to CAR.

You obviously watched a different match. You conveniently also forgot the chances we had to finish the tie in Accra. I guarantee play this match again it will never be 4 or 5 nil for either team. A beg let's be objective.