Ighalo to return?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Ighalo to return?

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

Here's from Pinnick's IG handle;

I spoke extensively with Alex Iwobi, who cannot wait to feature in those all important games.

Ademola Lookman is excited about fighting for a shirt in the Super Eagles. He loves Nigeria. By His Grace we shall conclude the switch very soon.

I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally i believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energically youthful Osinmeh, Onuachu, Kelechi et al. Odion body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

The vibe going into these last 2 games and indeed AFCON is very good.
WE THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVbcOPlo6ym/
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ighalo to return?

Post by bushboy »

I don't know anyone if Amaju is a blessing or a curse to Nigerian football. Ighalo is one of my favorite players, but at a time we have options like Osimhen, Awoniyi, Onuachu, Iheanacho, Moffi, Umar...an aging striker is the last thing we need. He should be telling us about midfielders!!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Fake news! There's no room for Ighalo in SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:00 am Fake news! There's no room for Ighalo in SE.
Amaju Pinnick said it himself on his instagram with pics to back it up, like this is the definition of real news...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Ighalo is older than Kele, yes, but is he really more experienced football wise? It shows these guys have not been analysing our matches. We don't need strikers. We have Osimhen, Awoniyi and Onuachu all among the top scorers in their respective leagues, plus Kele. What we need are good midfielders, not just work horses but creative heads. I read that Ejaria has been cleared to play for Nigeria since the beginning of the year, yet Rohr has not invited him.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

gochino wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 am Ighalo is older than Kele, yes, but is he really more experienced football wise? It shows these guys have not been analysing our matches. We don't need strikers. We have Osimhen, Awoniyi and Onuachu all among the top scorers in their respective leagues, plus Kele. What we need are good midfielders, not just work horses but creative heads. I read that Ejaria has been cleared to play for Nigeria since the beginning of the year, yet Rohr has not invited him.
If a whole NFF chairman is more concerned about bringing back a retired striker to provide "experience" to the abundance of already established strikers that we already have; at the expense of a lethargic midfield and defence that have been left ignored for too long by the coach... then we can't really blame Rohr for towing the same path of cluelessness... only positive here is that Ademola Lookman wants to play for Nigeria according to Pinnick's post, hopefully we should be seeing him in the GWG when the AFCON starts...
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

At the moment, I don’t see Lookman walking into the squad, talk less the first team.
The emergence of Ejuke has put paid to that. Spaces are tight.
I think his best chance is if Daddy Moses gets dropped.
Or Samuel Kalu.

As for Ighalo, he has to be joking. Na curse?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am At the moment, I don’t see Lookman walking into the squad, talk less the first team.
Or Samuel Kalu.

Bro a fit Lookman will easily walk into this team what are you talking about? Lookman will bench Kalu and Moses EASILY, not only is Lookman a far better attacking outlet than Moses Simon, he also has a good defensive output as well to his game... our attacking wing options in particular order are Ejuke, Lookman, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:44 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am At the moment, I don’t see Lookman walking into the squad, talk less the first team.
Or Samuel Kalu.

Bro a fit Lookman will easily walk into this team what are you talking about? Lookman will bench Kalu and Moses EASILY, not only is Lookman a far better attacking outlet than Moses Simon, he also has a good defensive output as well to his game... our attacking wing options in particular order are Ejuke, Lookman, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon.
I made the point because we all know Moses Simon to be Rohr’s favourite son at the moment. So dropping him might be like pulling teeth out of Rohr’s mouth.
As for Kalu, I’m a fan so maybe I am biased. He has ups and downs and fitness issues but I wouldn’t want to see him dropped just yet.
I get what you say about Lookman’s defensive duties which is something I didn’t consider.

My primary concern right now though is our central defence. Much more than anywhere else.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just look and the CEO damunk of the ****bots going gaga because they heard the name Ighalo😂😂😂😂😂
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Or Samuel Kalu.

Chukwueze nko?
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:52 am
gochino wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 am Ighalo is older than Kele, yes, but is he really more experienced football wise? It shows these guys have not been analysing our matches. We don't need strikers. We have Osimhen, Awoniyi and Onuachu all among the top scorers in their respective leagues, plus Kele. What we need are good midfielders, not just work horses but creative heads. I read that Ejaria has been cleared to play for Nigeria since the beginning of the year, yet Rohr has not invited him.
If a whole NFF chairman is more concerned about bringing back a retired striker to provide "experience" to the abundance of already established strikers that we already have; at the expense of a lethargic midfield and defence that have been left ignored for too long by the coach... then we can't really blame Rohr for towing the same path of cluelessness... only positive here is that Ademola Lookman wants to play for Nigeria according to Pinnick's post, hopefully we should be seeing him in the GWG when the AFCON starts...
all know how that
We never seem to learn from history. Pinnick is old enough to remember when the national team brought back Christian Chukwu and Emmanuel Okala for a crucial WCQ against Algeria in 1981. We all know how that ended. Please leave Ighalo alone, the handlers cannot find space for the likes of Emmanuel Dennis and Taiwo Awoniyi, and Pinnick is trying to convince ighalo who is playing at a retirement league to make a comeback!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:23 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:52 am
all know how that
We never seem to learn from history. Pinnick is old enough to remember when the national team brought back Christian Chukwu and Emmanuel Okala for a crucial WCQ against Algeria in 1981. We all know how that ended. Please leave Ighalo alone, the handlers cannot find space for the likes of Emmanuel Dennis and Taiwo Awoniyi, and Pinnick is trying to convince ighalo who is playing at a retirement league to make a comeback!
It doesnt make one iota of sense.
Granted, 'experience' is very important but not at the expense of performance.
Might as well bring back Mikel and even Enyeama.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Pinnick dey craze?
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Ighalo? That is how they brought back Peter Rufai..the rest is history.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You sound like Moses has not earned the right to start every game for Nigeria. He is a baller, period. A consistent one for that matter. Unless you are telling us it's Rohr that is selecting him to start for every club he has played for also.

As for Lookman, it's only on this board that his superior quality is touted. And usually from people who know little about quality.
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 am
Or Samuel Kalu.

I made the point because we all know Moses Simon to be Rohr’s favourite son at the moment. So dropping him might be like pulling teeth out of Rohr’s mouth.
As for Kalu, I’m a fan so maybe I am biased. He has ups and downs and fitness issues but I wouldn’t want to see him dropped just yet.
I get what you say about Lookman’s defensive duties which is something I didn’t consider.

My primary concern right now though is our central defence. Much more than anywhere else.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:26 pm You sound like Moses has not earned the right to start every game for Nigeria. He is a baller, period. A consistent one for that matter. Unless you are telling us it's Rohr that is selecting him to start for every club he has played for also.

As for Lookman, it's only on this board that his superior quality is touted. And usually from people who know little about quality.
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 am
Or Samuel Kalu.

you dey mind them. International football is a different ball game
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

My view is that this is all about nothing. Rohr is on his way out if he recalls Ighalo. It will signal the end, contract or no contract. My gosh!!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

I wanted to say this must be april fool but we are not even close to april.
How can you have one of the best strikers in the world in your team, and you are thinking of bring in a retired striker who plays in Saudi Arabia?
I don't even understand how we reason sometimes. What kind of message are you passing across the team with this kind of statement? Will this not bring the morale of the team down?
Maybe they should also go and talk to JJ and Oliseh to come out of retirement and help in the midfield.

That's how some people are clamouring for Victor Moses to return; someone who retired voluntarily and has never given an indication that he wants to be back.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Or Samuel Kalu.

The way you guys praise this Lookman, one would think he scores and assists like crazy in his team. A player who hardly plays. the only club he played all season was relegated. How exactly is he better that Moses simon who plays regularly for his club, assists, scores and help in the defence. Let's keep sentiments aside and look at this critically.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Remember when Okocha begged these losers to let him retire and they wouldnt? They held his wrapper like a battered wife? And to add humiliation on top of embarrassment, Okocha began to forget his passport at home and miss his way to the hotel in London? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: shameless bastar.d, Pinick! Until they drag Nigeria through the mud and spit on her face, they will never be tired.

The funny thing is that you look around and you quickly realize that we have all grown up to be our parent's generation. No difference. We talk like them, we act like them and we steal like them.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The girl down the road is always finer than your wife until you marry her. :lol: :lol:
naijaguy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm
Or Samuel Kalu.

The way you guys praise this Lookman, one would think he scores and assists like crazy in his team. A player who hardly plays. the only club he played all season was relegated. How exactly is he better that Moses simon who plays regularly for his club, assists, scores and help in the defence. Let's keep sentiments aside and look at this critically.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

This is the same Pinnick that said Tammy Abraham was in the bag, and backed his claim by showing photos of himself, Tammy and his dad during his visit to London. We all know what happened next.
This is also the same NFF Chairman that said he was close to convincing Eze to becoming a Super Eagle, and also backed his claim by showing photos of Eze at his London home when he invited him over for dinner. We also know what happened next.
Now we are to believe this claim regarding Lookman? Story! I beg, make man see road...

Regarding Ighalo, he can come back if he wants. The fact is the team has significantly improved since he left, with more in-form and better overall strikers in the stable. Can't see him displacing any of much higher profile players like Osimhen, Iheanacho or Onuachu, not to mention the hot Awoniyi, or even Moffi. All of whom are playing in much higher profile leagues in Europe and not some retirement league in the desert.
He will be embarrassed by these younger ones and hounded by the media and fans. He would quickly realize it was an incredibly dumb and foolish idea on his part to return. Remember he was benched after his poor performance during the WC Croatia game and came in as a sub against Argentina, only to fluff that open net that could have put us in the lead. He was blamed by Nigerians and decided to 'retire' from the SE, because he couldn't take the heat from the media and fans. Now, he want's to come back? Well, welcome back, Mrs. (Misses) Ighalo.
proclaimjesus02 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 am Here's from Pinnick's IG handle;

I spoke extensively with Alex Iwobi, who cannot wait to feature in those all important games.

Ademola Lookman is excited about fighting for a shirt in the Super Eagles. He loves Nigeria. By His Grace we shall conclude the switch very soon.

I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally i believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energically youthful Osinmeh, Onuachu, Kelechi et al. Odion body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

The vibe going into these last 2 games and indeed AFCON is very good.
WE THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVbcOPlo6ym/