Ighalo to return?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ighalo to return?

Post by Tobi17 »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm This is the same Pinnick that said Tammy Abraham was in the bag, and backed his claim by showing photos of himself, Tammy and his dad during his visit to London. We all know what happened next.
This is also the same NFF Chairman that said he was close to convincing Eze to becoming a Super Eagle, and also backed his claim by showing photos of Eze at his London home when he invited him over for dinner. We also know what happened next.
Now we are to believe this claim regarding Lookman? Story! I beg, make man see road...

Regarding Ighalo, he can come back if he wants. The fact is the team has significantly improved since he left, with more in-form and better overall strikers in the stable. Can't see him displacing any of much higher profile players like Osimhen, Iheanacho or Onuachu, not to mention the hot Awoniyi, or even Moffi. All of whom are playing in much higher profile leagues in Europe and not some retirement league in the desert.
He will be embarrassed by these younger ones and hounded by the media and fans. He would quickly realize it was an incredibly dumb and foolish idea on his part to return. Remember he was benched after his poor performance during the WC Croatia game and came in as a sub against Argentina, only to fluff that open net that could have put us in the lead. He was blamed by Nigerians and decided to 'retire' from the SE, because he couldn't take the heat from the media and fans. Now, he want's to come back? Well, welcome back, Mrs. (Misses) Ighalo.
proclaimjesus02 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 am Here's from Pinnick's IG handle;

I spoke extensively with Alex Iwobi, who cannot wait to feature in those all important games.

Ademola Lookman is excited about fighting for a shirt in the Super Eagles. He loves Nigeria. By His Grace we shall conclude the switch very soon.

I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally i believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energically youthful Osinmeh, Onuachu, Kelechi et al. Odion body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

The vibe going into these last 2 games and indeed AFCON is very good.
WE THANK GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVbcOPlo6ym/
To be fair the likes of Abraham, Eze etc stood a better chance of making it to the Three Lions and just needed to use Nigeria as a springboard, currently at 24 and barely getting any regular football at Leicester... Lookman knows his chances of playing international football with England are as improbable as it gets, and with the world cup around the corner, Nigeria is his best and only chance to play in a world cup.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

naijaguy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:14 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:44 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am At the moment, I don’t see Lookman walking into the squad, talk less the first team.
The emergence of Ejuke has put paid to that. Spaces are tight.
I think his best chance is if Daddy Moses gets dropped.
Or Samuel Kalu.

As for Ighalo, he has to be joking. Na curse?
Bro a fit Lookman will easily walk into this team what are you talking about? Lookman will bench Kalu and Moses EASILY, not only is Lookman a far better attacking outlet than Moses Simon, he also has a good defensive output as well to his game... our attacking wing options in particular order are Ejuke, Lookman, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon.
The way you guys praise this Lookman, one would think he scores and assists like crazy in his team. A player who hardly plays. the only club he played all season was relegated. How exactly is he better that Moses simon who plays regularly for his club, assists, scores and help in the defence. Let's keep sentiments aside and look at this critically.
Moses Simon team almost got relegated so what is your point ?

Did you see Lookmans numbers last year playing for such a poor team.

He was very near the top of the league in dribbles per game, key passes and crosses per game.

But according to you a guy playing in a weaker league who has done NOTHING of note playing for SE over the past 4 years is a better player. LOL.

Lookman is a FAR SUPERIOR player to Simon. You've got to be blind to not see that.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Smh at Ighalo.

These NFF are just as clueless as their coach.

You have the best strike force in all of Africa, even top 10 on the entire world and you are worrying about bringing back an average 32 year old striker collecting retirement money.

And yet these clowns haven't once signaled their intent to seriously beef up and fix our midfield.

Clowns I tell you, utter clowns.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

So they’ll have Musa and Ighalo in a tournament that keep believing they deserve to win,ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm So they’ll have Musa and Ighalo in a tournament that keep believing they deserve to win,ok
Eeeeeeeedioooootttss !!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:55 pm
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm This is the same Pinnick that said Tammy Abraham was in the bag, and backed his claim by showing photos of himself, Tammy and his dad during his visit to London. We all know what happened next.
This is also the same NFF Chairman that said he was close to convincing Eze to becoming a Super Eagle, and also backed his claim by showing photos of Eze at his London home when he invited him over for dinner. We also know what happened next.
Now we are to believe this claim regarding Lookman? Story! I beg, make man see road...

Regarding Ighalo, he can come back if he wants. The fact is the team has significantly improved since he left, with more in-form and better overall strikers in the stable. Can't see him displacing any of much higher profile players like Osimhen, Iheanacho or Onuachu, not to mention the hot Awoniyi, or even Moffi. All of whom are playing in much higher profile leagues in Europe and not some retirement league in the desert.
He will be embarrassed by these younger ones and hounded by the media and fans. He would quickly realize it was an incredibly dumb and foolish idea on his part to return. Remember he was benched after his poor performance during the WC Croatia game and came in as a sub against Argentina, only to fluff that open net that could have put us in the lead. He was blamed by Nigerians and decided to 'retire' from the SE, because he couldn't take the heat from the media and fans. Now, he want's to come back? Well, welcome back, Mrs. (Misses) Ighalo.
proclaimjesus02 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 am Here's from Pinnick's IG handle;

I spoke extensively with Alex Iwobi, who cannot wait to feature in those all important games.

Ademola Lookman is excited about fighting for a shirt in the Super Eagles. He loves Nigeria. By His Grace we shall conclude the switch very soon.

I had a long conversation with Odion Ighalo, personally i believe we need experience in our attack to combine with our energically youthful Osinmeh, Onuachu, Kelechi et al. Odion body language is very positive. We are also in touch with his agents and club.

To be fair the likes of Abraham, Eze etc stood a better chance of making it to the Three Lions and just needed to use Nigeria as a springboard, currently at 24 and barely getting any regular football at Leicester... Lookman knows his chances of playing international football with England are as improbable as it gets, and with the world cup around the corner, Nigeria is his best and only chance to play in a world cup.
But that’s besides the point, Pinnick just needs to shut it up until it’s official…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm So they’ll have Musa and Ighalo in a tournament that keep believing they deserve to win,ok
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:28 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Hope some people are not cursed. Can they not just destabilize the team..
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:23 pm
Damunk wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 am At the moment, I don’t see Lookman walking into the squad, talk less the first team.
Or Samuel Kalu.

Bro a fit Lookman will easily walk into this team what are you talking about? Lookman will bench Kalu and Moses EASILY, not only is Lookman a far better attacking outlet than Moses Simon, he also has a good defensive output as well to his game... our attacking wing options in particular order are Ejuke, Lookman, Samuel Kalu and Moses Simon.
The way you guys praise this Lookman, one would think he scores and assists like crazy in his team. A player who hardly plays. the only club he played all season was relegated. How exactly is he better that Moses simon who plays regularly for his club, assists, scores and help in the defence. Let's keep sentiments aside and look at this critically.

He was very near the top of the league in dribbles per game, key passes and crosses per game.

But according to you a guy playing in a weaker league who has done NOTHING of note playing for SE over the past 4 years is a better player. LOL.

Lookman is a FAR SUPERIOR player to Simon. You've got to be blind to not see that.
Lol. You've let sentiment becloud your judgment. What Moses Simon has achieved as a player is what Lookman is hoping to achieve. Moses simon is versatile, can play several positions easily. He's on top of the assist position in the French league. Clearly the best player for Nantes.
How many minutes has Lookman played this season?
Lookman is a good player, but stop making it seem as if he's an upgrade of Moses Simon cos he's clearly not.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

naijaguy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 pm
Or Samuel Kalu.

Lol. You've let sentiment becloud your judgment. What Moses Simon has achieved as a player is what Lookman is hoping to achieve. Moses simon is versatile, can play several positions easily. He's on top of the assist position in the French league. Clearly the best player for Nantes.
Lookman is a good player, but stop making it seem as if he's an upgrade of Moses Simon cos he's clearly not.
The guy literally has better numbers in a much better league while playing with a worse team.

Only a fool will try and claim he is not better.

How has Simon worked out for SE ?

Been very average at best. And I dont mind Simon as a bench option, but you are out of your mind.

Kalu and even Ejuke have been far more effective attack wise than Simon in much less time.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I wish Lookman the best with the SE. But I just don’t see how he’s better than the SE players on the wings at the moment. And he’s far from a Vic Mo
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bushboy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:30 am I don't know anyone if Amaju is a blessing or a curse to Nigerian football. Ighalo is one of my favorite players, but at a time we have options like Osimhen, Awoniyi, Onuachu, Iheanacho, Moffi, Umar...an aging striker is the last thing we need. He should be telling us about midfielders!!
Bushboy, even before reading your post, your position was exactly what I had in mind. Thus, why Ighalo again? The young man has retired from the Super-eagles, let him be, or stay retired. If I were Ighalo, I won't come back
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Or Samuel Kalu.

Dude get over it, Simon Moses has been very average in the GWG and just lacks the brains to even deliver a decent cross, I can't remember any recent match when Simon Moses impressed me... yes he is a hardworking player that loves to track back and defend.. but wouldn't you have a player who not only tracks back, but also has the IQ to pick a superb pass, and can also cut in brilliantly and even drift into the middle and take on players? we've lacked players like that who can take risk since the emergence of Ejuke. If Lookman is so bad compared to Simon Moses, how come he's still good enough to get loan deals from top EPL teams like Leicester? people forget so quickly that Lookman was the best player for a rather average Fulham team and his stats last season was very impressive, every game I watched of Fulham last season, Lookman and Anguissa were always the stand out players. The best part is that we can convert Lookman to a CAM as he has played in that position before at Fulham.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:05 am
Or Samuel Kalu.

The guy literally has better numbers in a much better league while playing with a worse team.

Been very average at best. And I dont mind Simon as a bench option, but you are out of your mind.

Kalu and even Ejuke have been far more effective attack wise than Simon in much less time.
Nigerians are so obsessed with hard working and mechanical type of players who lack technique and football skill, that's why people are comfortable with bricks like Bonke. Simon Moses is a decent player, but every time I've seen him play in the national team, he has always looked very average... dude just runs himself into a cul-de-sac with pace until his crowded out by the opposition, and even when he finds some space to cross... it's always very poor and speculative. We need more than that, look at how Ejuke plays and you will understand real Naija football, brillant footwork, unpredictability and the ability to cut in and pass intelligently!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:14 am Nigerians are so obsessed with hard working and mechanical type of players who lack technique and football skill, that's why people are comfortable with bricks like Bonke. Simon Moses is a decent player, but every time I've seen him play in the national team, he has always looked very average... dude just runs himself into a cul-de-sac with pace until his crowded out by the opposition, and even when he finds some space to cross... it's always very poor and speculative. We need more than that, look at how Ejuke plays and you will understand real Naija football, brillant footwork, unpredictability and the ability to cut in and pass intelligently!
That unpredictability (aka creativity) in particular is what has been missing in our national game for over a decade…maybe even two.
It was what made the JJ era not just exciting, but effective.
All sentiments aside, the SE haven’t been exciting to watch for just as long.

Mikel Obi has probably been our only real world class outfield player in the last 20 years and his game wasn’t built around unpredictability. Quite the opposite.
That’s why we all seem excited by Ejuke and Chukwueze and recognise the need for a creative midfielder.

It’s why many of us still secretly hope for Eze, Olise and to a lesser extent Ejaria to make up their minds in our favour.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:14 am
Or Samuel Kalu.

Nigerians are so obsessed with hard working and mechanical type of players who lack technique and football skill, that's why people are comfortable with bricks like Bonke. Simon Moses is a decent player, but every time I've seen him play in the national team, he has always looked very average... dude just runs himself into a cul-de-sac with pace until his crowded out by the opposition, and even when he finds some space to cross... it's always very poor and speculative. We need more than that, look at how Ejuke plays and you will understand real Naija football, brillant footwork, unpredictability and the ability to cut in and pass intelligently!
I am very excited about Ejuke ATM.

Last week was his first full club matches I watched and he was very effective but his team mates couldn't make use of the chances he created.

I was surprised at how accurate his crosses were.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:41 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:14 am Nigerians are so obsessed with hard working and mechanical type of players who lack technique and football skill, that's why people are comfortable with bricks like Bonke. Simon Moses is a decent player, but every time I've seen him play in the national team, he has always looked very average... dude just runs himself into a cul-de-sac with pace until his crowded out by the opposition, and even when he finds some space to cross... it's always very poor and speculative. We need more than that, look at how Ejuke plays and you will understand real Naija football, brillant footwork, unpredictability and the ability to cut in and pass intelligently!
That unpredictability (aka creativity) in particular is what has been missing in our national game for over a decade…maybe even two.
It was what made the JJ era not just exciting, but effective.
All sentiments aside, the SE haven’t been exciting to watch for just as long.

Mikel Obi has probably been our only real world class outfield player in the last 20 years and his game wasn’t built around unpredictability. Quite the opposite.
That’s why we all seem excited by Ejuke and Chukwueze and recognise the need for a creative midfielder.

It’s why many of us still secretly hope for Eze, Olise and to a lesser extent Ejaria to make up their minds in our favour.
But brother we have been more successful since JJ and Kanu retired.
Of course there was the period until lets say 1996, but from then until 2010 when Kanu finally left the scene the SE were exciting at times, yes, but rarely effective.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Or Samuel Kalu.

Is there a possibility that you can have a conversation without throwing in insults or is that how you are wired???
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:10 am
Or Samuel Kalu.

Dude get over it, Simon Moses has been very average in the GWG and just lacks the brains to even deliver a decent cross, I can't remember any recent match when Simon Moses impressed me... yes he is a hardworking player that loves to track back and defend.. but wouldn't you have a player who not only tracks back, but also has the IQ to pick a superb pass, and can also cut in brilliantly and even drift into the middle and take on players? we've lacked players like that who can take risk since the emergence of Ejuke. If Lookman is so bad compared to Simon Moses, how come he's still good enough to get loan deals from top EPL teams like Leicester? people forget so quickly that Lookman was the best player for a rather average Fulham team and his stats last season was very impressive, every game I watched of Fulham last season, Lookman and Anguissa were always the stand out players. The best part is that we can convert Lookman to a CAM as he has played in that position before at Fulham.
You claim Simon has been average in the GWG, yet you want to replace him with a player who hardly plays for most of the teams he's played for.
You think Moses Simon wouldn't have been the best player for Fulham if he played there? How many matches has Lookman played since he turned proffessional? Asides Fulham, which was a below average team, how many times has Lookman played for any other professional team? Getting loan deals means nothing. He's British, so it won't be difficult for him to get a loan deal in the EPL. That aside, how many matches has he played for Leicester this season? Yes he'll make a good addition to the players we have now, but don't make it seem as if he's the next thing after sliced bread. If he was that good, he'd have turned out for the three lions.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

We were told the reason Rohr is based in Europe, is because he will visit the players in Europe etc. More fool us!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I really despise Pinnick and his antics. First of all, why is he lobbying for Ighalo to come back to the team? That is not his job! Why is Pinnick traveling to see our players in London? Does he really need to do that? I thought he claimed that the NFF lacked funding? Why did he need to travel with his whole family to see the players? This man only thinks about how to propel himself. Classic politician!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Or Samuel Kalu.

You and your bullshit comments. The only people who keep tabs on dribbles and passes are people who have nothing better to do. The rest of us pay attention to the important stats like goals and assists. How many of those did Lookman have at Fulham❓❗️

Cheers.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

highbury wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:15 pm I really despise Pinnick and his antics. First of all, why is he lobbying for Ighalo to come back to the team? That is not his job! Why is Pinnick traveling to see our players in London? Does he really need to do that? I thought he claimed that the NFF lacked funding? Why did he need to travel with his whole family to see the players? This man only thinks about how to propel himself. Classic politician!
Please try understand. NFF and Pinnick are different entities. NFF is broke, doesn't mean Pinnick the individual is broke.

Secondly, if you bothered to click on the link and read. You will not be in a haste to condemn Pinnick. Pinnick wrote the below, for you haters :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
I went with my wife and 3 of my kids who are on half term break. Our visit was a mere family visit and not official.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim