FINIDI: Excited About Enyimba's progress

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FINIDI: Excited About Enyimba's progress

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:34 am [tweet][/tweet]
LOL. Kai, the writing is on the wall for Finidi. Tick...Tock....Tick..... His time in Enyimba is counting down.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

If only those in charge at Enyimba could have patience and get Finidi complementary talents.
Success does not happen overnight.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:42 am If only those in charge at Enyimba could have patience and get Finidi complementary talents.
Success does not happen overnight.
Joao

Apart from Rivers United, Enyimba recruited well and had always recruited well. The results are a bit mystifying. My initial take is that Finidi tried to introduce a drastically new style and players are finding it difficult to adjust. However, time is running out for him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Another home game for Enyimba but the Same story, kudus to Plateau UTD they are now unbeaten in their last 10 matches
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Things are improving results-wise for Finidi, I like the fact the Enyimba board seem to be patient with his project, though the defence is still an issue

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:35 pm Things are improving results-wise for Finidi, I like the fact the Enyimba board seem to be patient with his project, though the defence is still an issue

Enyimba is often more patient than most other clubs. It thrives on stability.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enyimba's biggest win margin in the league in close to 5 years now as things look to be stabilizing at their home front :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

YEMI OLANREWAJU ‘YEMA’ APPOINTED INTO ENYIMBA COACHING STAFF

https://enyimbafc.net/yemi-olanrewaju-y ... hing-crew/

SEPTEMBER 20, 2022121
Enyimba Football Club is delighted to announce the addition of Yemi Daniel Olanrewaju to its coaching staff.

More commonly referred to as Yema, the young tactician joins Enyimba to bring his wealth of football knowledge to the team.

In recent years,Yema has emerged as one of the brightest coaches in Nigeria and is best known for his profound knowledge of the game and excellent work ethic.

Speaking on the addition, head coach Finidi George said, “Yema is someone I have known for some time now. He is passionate about his job and has a positive mindset. He has very good qualities that will bring value to the team, so I’m very happy to have him around.”

Yema joins Enyimba as an assistant coach having previously worked at Magate FC, MFM FC and Vandrezzer. He is currently an assistant coach with Nigeria’s U17 men’s team, the Golden Eaglets.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:01 pm YEMI OLANREWAJU ‘YEMA’ APPOINTED INTO ENYIMBA COACHING STAFF

https://enyimbafc.net/yemi-olanrewaju-y ... hing-crew/

SEPTEMBER 20, 2022121
Enyimba Football Club is delighted to announce the addition of Yemi Daniel Olanrewaju to its coaching staff.

More commonly referred to as Yema, the young tactician joins Enyimba to bring his wealth of football knowledge to the team.

In recent years,Yema has emerged as one of the brightest coaches in Nigeria and is best known for his profound knowledge of the game and excellent work ethic.

Speaking on the addition, head coach Finidi George said, “Yema is someone I have known for some time now. He is passionate about his job and has a positive mindset. He has very good qualities that will bring value to the team, so I’m very happy to have him around.”

Yema joins Enyimba as an assistant coach having previously worked at Magate FC, MFM FC and Vandrezzer. He is currently an assistant coach with Nigeria’s U17 men’s team, the Golden Eaglets.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Good grief. Is Diambars a professional football team? Their “defending” (if standing still and watching the opposition score deserves the name) was shocking. They let 3 Enyimba attackers run into their penalty area and only 1 of their players thought it worthwhile to run back and try to stop Enyimba from scoring. 😳

The other defenders and midfielders just stood like statues or ambled 30-40 yards from goal and watched it happen. Criminal.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 pm Good grief. Is Diambars a professional football team? Their “defending” (if standing still and watching the opposition score deserves the name) was shocking. They let 3 Enyimba attackers run into their penalty area and only 1 of their players thought it worthwhile to run back and try to stop Enyimba from scoring. 😳

The other defenders and midfielders just stood like statues or ambled 30-40 yards from goal and watched it happen. Criminal.
Wise one

If you do not know about Diambarrs, I can only shake my head. As a way if introduction it is an academy that produced 45 pro players several play in Europe including Idrissa Gueye and Pape Souare.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He takes them to the final of the DOZY MMOBUOSI preseason tournament facing up against 3SC
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

And Oluyole Warriors came from behind to beat them by 3 goals to 2 goals.
Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 4:13 pm He takes them to the final of the DOZY MMOBUOSI preseason tournament facing up against 3SC
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

They face undefeated Bendel Insurance today
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:27 pm
That 20 defeats record is somehow sha.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

🚨BOMBSHELL: Enyimba’s head coach, Finidi George Fires At Management For AFL Exit

Out of 19 new players that were brought in, I had knowledge of only 4 of them. When I saw the quality of the players that were brought, I called Ekwueme the Sporting Director and asked what the target for the season is, he said it is just to stabilize in the league as the focus is to settle down first”

Ideally, before registering players for any competition, the coaches must be consulted to submit the list. But that wasn’t the case here. For whatever flimsy reason, we were not consulted and they did the registration themselves. As a result, some of the players we would have needed were not registered. It was much later that the sporting director just sent us the list of players that they had already registered.

“After the first leg, they dropped some players from travelling for the second leg in Casablanca, claiming that they couldn’t get them visas. We had to protest it strongly before it was rectified. We later found out that there was more to it.

“Can you imagine that we went for such a game without the goalkeeping and fitness coaches? Myself and Yema were the only coaches that travelled for that game. That is very strange to me.

“Everyone has to put the interest of the club first because until this is done, we would only be joking.”

“We arrived Uyo on October 17 with the idea to have as many training sessions as possible on the grass pitch in Uyo since we are more used to our synthetic pitch. But we couldn’t really achieve that because the management failed to make the right arrangements with the stadium authorities. As a result, we improvised and had one of our training sessions at a primary school, while another training session was cut short because of the same poor arrangements.

“In fact, we played a team that was more used to the playing surface than us, the home team. It was obvious that we were at a disadvantage as a team used to artificial pitches and this really affected us.

“Also, we had only three trainings with the AFL match ball, meanwhile, our opponents had enough time to get used to it. That was why you could see my players struggling with their control, passing and shooting.”

“It is sad to see such statements being released when all hands should be on deck and things should be more organized to enable a positive environment for all. Yes, there have been issues, but I remained patient because I believed that we could harmonise efforts and work things out; but here we are.

“The issue with the team is obvious, and it has nothing to do with the coaches. The same coaches won the league with less goals conceded and highest goal scored. We won the best Super 6 ever organized, scored the highest and conceded the least number of goals,”

Finidi George told selected journalists in an exclusive interview.

This was of course in response to the warning by their Management's warning after their AFL ouster

🚨PRESSURE IN ABA

The management of Enyimba football club of Aba led by the Chairman, Nwankwo Kanu has issued a stern warning to the players and technical crew of the team following their abysmal performances in recent times

This warning came on the back of the team's recent loss to Wydad Casablanca of Morocco in the inaugural edition of the African Football League AFL, as the People’s Elephants were eliminated by 4 goals to Nil over two legs in uyo and Casablanca respectively.

Recall that the team also failed to make it through the first preliminary stages of the CAF Champions league after being ousted by Al Ahly Benghazi of Libya.

In the Nigeria Premier Football League NPFL, the People's Elephant' lost 2-0 to Gombe United and narrowly scaled through Akwa United 3-2 at home.

The management has reiterated its stance on changing the fortunes of the team noting that it wouldn’t hesitate to take necessary measures if things don’t improve quickly as it has done everything humanly possible, financially and morally for the team to get the much needed results

Enyimba’s next game would be a midweek fixture against Niger Tonardoes in the Nigeria Premier Football League NPFL, this Wednesday.

And i'm not in the least surprised that this is how it went
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enyimba has been trash
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:39 am Enyimba has been trash
You can stare that again. Since Nwankwo Kanu took over from Felix Anyansi, it has been downhill.