FINIDI: Excited About Enyimba's progress

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FINIDI: Excited About Enyimba's progress

Post by Enugu II »

This victory over Diambarr's was important given the focus of Diambarrs, which has been to produce a number of young Senegalese boys that have gone on to professional football in Europe and Asia. Hopefully, Finidi can continue to make progress with Enyimba.

Finidi hails ‘fantastic Enyimba’ as Peoples Elephant beat Diambars 3-0
By Christian Okpara
25 October 2021 | 2:43 am

https://guardian.ng/sport/finidi-hails- ... ambars-3-0

Enyimba’s Coach, Finidi George, was full of praises for his boys, who beat Diambars of Senegal 3-0 in the second leg of their CAF Confederation Cup preliminary game, Enyimba won the first leg 1-0 in Dakar and ended the tie 4-0 on aggregate.

The Peoples Elephant opened scores in Aba in the first minute of the second leg with Tosin Omoyele the scorer.

They doubled the lead in the 31st minute through Victor Mbaoma, while substitute, Samuel Kalu, completed the goals in the 90th minute.

Speaking after the game, Finidi praised Diambars for giving his team a tough fight, saying they will now return to the drawing board to prepare for the next stage of the competition.

He said: “Personally, I am happy that we played this way. We knew this team (Diambars) is a very good team technically, they pass the ball very well, but at the same time, we kept our composure, we kept our formation and then tried to hold them so that they cannot score an easy goal.

“In the second half, we still played that way, trying to contain them and the tempo dropped and that helped us as well to pass the ball a little bit more in the middle and gave us that opportunity with the few changes we made.

“We knew we cannot match them because I think they’ve started their league already, they’ve played a couple of games, really competitive games and they have that match rhythm so we knew if we could play to our formation, not give them that space, which I think they had in the first 20 or 25 minutes that they dominate. After that, the tempo dropped a little bit and that permitted us to play our football a little bit.”

The former Ajax of Amsterdam winger said the game changed slightly in the second half because most of the players were tired, adding, “we made some changes and brought in some fresh legs which really helped to give us that penalty.”

Nigeria’s other representatives in the CAF Confederation Cup, Bayelsa United, were eliminated 4-1 on aggregate by CD Sfaxien of Tunisia.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: FINIDI: Excited About Enyimba's progress

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the tiki taka from Enyimba was fire
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

After this German fraud is gone (hopefully soon enough), please Finidi step up as NT team manager and bring back our football, Amunike and Finidi is a combo I want to see.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You don't want Salisu again? You will get Salisu!
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm After this German fraud is gone (hopefully soon enough), please Finidi step up as NT team manager and bring back our football, Amunike and Finidi is a combo I want to see.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:27 pm You don't want Salisu again? You will get Salisu!
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:23 pm After this German fraud is gone (hopefully soon enough), please Finidi step up as NT team manager and bring back our football, Amunike and Finidi is a combo I want to see.
Better than Yobo :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You don’t think you are actually showing your doubts about their coaching credentials when you ask for them to ‘combo’ with the SE?
You are not the only one and I am duty-bound to point out that it’s pretty obvious that you are ready to risk everything just to get rid of one man. :D
Can you handle the heat if your combo fails for whatever reason?

And why underate both Finidi and Amuneke in this way?
Are they not capable each in their own right? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You won't support Finidi either! Na eye service una dey do...
fabio wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:33 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:27 pm You don't want Salisu again? You will get Salisu!
Better than Yobo :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

1naija wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:54 pm You won't support Finidi either! Na eye service una dey do...
So you agree, Finidi is better :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Gadfly
Egg
Egg

Post by Gadfly »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

And Wing play, Wing play. The third goal remind me of our opener versus Bulgaria at the 1994 World Cup.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 pm
You don’t think you are actually showing your doubts about their coaching credentials when you ask for them to ‘combo’ with the SE?
You are not the only one and I am duty-bound to point out that it’s pretty obvious that you are ready to risk everything just to get rid of one man. :D
Can you handle the heat if your combo fails for whatever reason?

And why underate both Finidi and Amuneke in this way?
Are they not capable each in their own right? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The thing taya person.

I dont understand where this terrible culture comes from where we pick multiple people and ask them to coach. or we pick someone's team. Select your coach based on trust and let him bring/form his own team. Sheeesh!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:43 pm [tweet][/tweet]
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congrats Finidi.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:01 pm

Very impressive play! The simple things we are lacking in SE, proper crosses, give and goes, accurate passes in the box :clap:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 pm Very impressive play! The simple things we are lacking in SE, proper crosses, give and goes, accurate passes in the box :clap:
1) We have a young team.
2) We are still learning.
3) We don't have players in the top clubs and UCL.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:33 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 pm Very impressive play! The simple things we are lacking in SE, proper crosses, give and goes, accurate passes in the box :clap:
1) We have a young team.
2) We are still learning.
3) We don't have players in the top clubs and UCL.
Why are you a professional trouble maker? :taunt:

Congratulations to Finidi. May they keep giving you the tools to succeed.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

After 7 games in the NPFL his record is 3 wins, 3 losses and a draw which by Enyimba's standards is poor to say the least.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Still very good experience for him.

He will be getting to know the league better.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:24 pm After 7 games in the NPFL his record is 3 wins, 3 losses and a draw which by Enyimba's standards is poor to say the least.
Yes, one wonders if there are things going on that the public is not aware.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

So, when he was 3-0 was he a good coach? and now that he has 3 losses, has he automatically transformed into a bad coach? Should he now be barred from consideration as a coach of the SE?

Or perhaps, just perhaps, like everything else in life, do we need a much larger sample size than 3 games, and these things should be evaluated with a more nuanced view?

Just like there was no basis to draw a conclusion from Eguaveon like many people did after 3 games in group stages, one loss is not the reason to rule him out as a coach going forward. People need to stop being so damn impulsive.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm So, when he was 3-0 was he a good coach? and now that he has 3 losses, has he automatically transformed into a bad coach? Should he now be barred from consideration as a coach of the SE?

Or perhaps, just perhaps, like everything else in life, do we need a much larger sample size than 3 games, and these things should be evaluated with a more nuanced view?

Just like there was no basis to draw a conclusion from Eguaveon like many people did after 3 games in group stages, one loss is not the reason to rule him out as a coach going forward. People need to stop being so damn impulsive.
I don't see where anyone has tried to say this bros, all i've said is that his record in the league is not too impressive at the moment with arguably the best squad in the country, quality-wise only Rivers UTD can compete with them in that aspect. Though i'm sure if he were announced earlier things would've been much smoother.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Sunset wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:48 pm
metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:50 pm So, when he was 3-0 was he a good coach? and now that he has 3 losses, has he automatically transformed into a bad coach? Should he now be barred from consideration as a coach of the SE?

I don't see where anyone has tried to say this bros, all i've said is that his record in the league is not too impressive at the moment with arguably the best squad in the country, quality-wise only Rivers UTD can compete with them in that aspect. Though i'm sure if he were announced earlier things would've been much smoother.

Wasn’t directed at you boss. Just at people who make definitive statements on coaches in general after a handful of games.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

metalalloy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:02 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:48 pm

Wasn’t directed at you boss. Just at people who make definitive statements on coaches in general after a handful of games.
Oh ok no worries :tic: this type of thread wouldn't excite those types of characters anyway
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]