FIFA bans Nigerian coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
FIFA bans Nigerian coach

Post by Sunset »

FIFA slams 2-year ban on Cofine FC coach Remi Amadi
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/10/26/fi ... emi-amadi/

Published By: Michael Adesina
26th October, 2021

The world football governing body, FIFA has banned the coach of Cofine Football Club of Uyo in Akwa Ibom, Remi Amadi for two years from all football-related activities.

Ademola Olajire, the Director of Communications at Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) confirmed the development on Tuesday.

The statement said:

“The world body’s Disciplinary Committee conveyed this decision to the NFF, and it is a consequence of a similar ban imposed on the coach by the Federation’s Disciplinary Committee at its meeting of Aug. 16.”

Olajire added that the NFF Integrity Unit had forwarded the said decision of the Federation’s Disciplinary Committee and all the relevant documentation to the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.

“This was done through a letter dated Aug. 25, requesting the Committee to extend the sanction to have a worldwide effect, in accordance with Article 66 of the FIFA Disciplinary Code.”

The worldwide effect was activated by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee at its meeting of Oct. 5.

NFF had found Amadi guilty of attempting to manipulate the outcome of a match.

NFF said Coach Amadi admitted to having attempted to manipulate the outcome or result of the match between Cofine FC and Bussdor FC as recorded in an audio conversation tendered as evidence.

Amadi also admitted he will have benefitted if the attempted manipulation had pulled through.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA bans Nigerian coach

Post by txj »

In the name of humanity, I recommend that he be reinstated after serving his ban.

Signed,
EII and Wanajo
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

SE Assistant coach in waiting.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

txj wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:41 pm In the name of humanity, I recommend that he be reinstated after serving his ban.

Signed,
EII and Wanajo
Of cause,Nigeria isn’t run by legal or ethical means,he’ll be back ready make more underhand deals than ever to makeup for the two years lost.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI