Team List for Liberia and Cape Verde Games - Odion Ighalo back

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Team List for Liberia and Cape Verde Games - Odion Ighalo back

Post by olu »

Shehu is a regular for his club. Uzoho plays for the same club and is the one that is mainly on the bench, which is a little concerning. Ebuehi doesn't quite start every game for Venezia. I notice he's been substituted in several of the games he's started for Venezia. Not sure if his substitutions were as a result of change in tactics or poor performance since I haven't watch any of Venezia's games this season.

With all that said, I would still take Ebuehi ahead of Shehu despite Shehu's ability to play as a DM. Someone like Ejaria who can play AM/CM could have been a good fit for the squad.

Regarding Lookman, he would be a welcome addition to our squad and would provide good competition for Simon, Chuwkueze, Ejuke, and Kalu.
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:49 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:24 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:10 pm I have no problems with Musa's invitation. We have a history of carrying our captains past their sell by date from Keshi to Kanu to Yobo, so Musa is not an exception. At least, he got back into playing top level football in Turkey. It's Shehu's repeated invitations that I have a problem with. Not only is he playing in lowly Cyprus, he is not even a regular in the team. Contrast that to Tyrone Ebuehi who plays regularly in the same position in the highly rated Serie A. Something doesn't add up!
There is growing evidence - rather than mere hearsay - that the NFF (or even higher powers) are interfering.
I've listened again to the recent Rohr interview and the meddling he was referring to was actually at the last World Cup, again involving Musa.
Who knows...maybe even Oliseh was playing to higher dictates when he suddenly made Musa the team captain to everyone's shock, including Musa himself.
I think the NFF have to be taken up on this at the earliest opportunity.
Damunk

It is clear that Musa's invitation is at the behest of Pinnick. Pinnick has spoken publicly on this. Thus there is no need to be circumspect on this. In my view, it appears that Musa's role #$% captain and his ability to keep the lads in line is of great importance to the NFF (think the fact of the bonus issues) and hence the reason Musa is there. He will get to the World Cup if Rohr gets there. Bet on it.

However, was Musa desrerving of invitation and captainship when appointed by Oliseh? I think so given the fact that he was still playing at a high level at the time and had cache with the lads.

On Ighalo, the jury is out on whether his invitation was also at the behest of Pinnick but the word will certainly be out. It is only a matter of time. The question is why is Rohr agreeing to all this? Does it signal that he feels his position is shaky and therefore he must agree to these demands in order to keep his job? That is something to think about.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy and Olu, who has an agenda?

Dammy: Shehu is not regular in his club.

Olu: Shehu is a regular in his club.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:38 pm Dammy and Olu, who has an agenda?

It's that time again when those with agendas begin to agend.

We're 90days away from Afcon. Market is booming. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:24 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:01 pm
fabio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:41 am
gochino wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:26 am Eh, Lookman scored last week and had a good game in the best league in the world.
Lookman has played a total of 4 matches for Leicester city this season out, and Leicester has played 15 matches at the time of writing.
Again, he is playing in the best league in the world and in a top 5 team in that league ...Meanwhile your Oga is busy inviting players struggling in Cyprus and Saudi Arabia.
No mind that clown.

Top 5 team in the best league in the world. He just arrived this season, and he is making the stupid "bench" argument.

Meanwhile many of our regulars are bench material in worse leagues and worse teams.
Imagine Shehu warming the bench in Cyprus and still getting invited every single time! Rohr needs to go abeg!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Whether he is a regular or not.

HE IS PLAYING IN CYPRUS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD !!!

I dont care if he is starting every match, he should not be in SE PERIOD.

His "flexibility" really is of no concern tbh.

If he isn't one of our better options at either position, he is useless.

There are much better midfielders

Nwobodo, Ejaria, Yusuf, Onyedika, Nwakali, Kingsley

And there are much better right backs

Ebuehi, Aina, Akpoguma, Awaziem

We don't need Shehu. PERIOD.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

gochino wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:55 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:24 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:01 pm
gochino wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:26 am Eh, Lookman scored last week and had a good game in the best league in the world.
Lookman has played a total of 4 matches for Leicester city this season out, and Leicester has played 15 matches at the time of writing.
Again, he is playing in the best league in the world and in a top 5 team in that league ...Meanwhile your Oga is busy inviting players struggling in Cyprus and Saudi Arabia.
No mind that clown.

Top 5 team in the best league in the world. He just arrived this season, and he is making the stupid "bench" argument.

Meanwhile many of our regulars are bench material in worse leagues and worse teams.
Imagine Shehu warming the bench in Cyprus and still getting invited every single time! Rohr needs to go abeg!
Why are people always fixated on Shehu and Musa? What is it? Musa is a SE legend who has done more for SE than any player in his generation and is still active in a respectable league and doing well.

Shehu us the most versatile player in the team,he plays DM,RB and CM very well.If the coach sees him fit then so be it.

I suspect most of the anger towards them has a more to do with who they are and not football related. Leave them alone for crying out load.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 pm

Where was Uzoho playing, before he become SE No1 GK and after he become SE No1 GK?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:19 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:03 pm

Where was Uzoho playing, before he become SE No1 GK and after he become SE No1 GK?
Yes because we have goalies playing in England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal but chose the one in Cyprus.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Shehu has played 5 out of 7 league games this season and 4 Europa league games:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/abdullahi- ... ler/262687
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:51 pm

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Shehu us the most versatile player in the team,he plays DM,RB and CM very well.If the coach sees him fit then so be it.
This is a lie.

Let's look at other versatile players of more use.

Ajayi - CB, DM
Yusuf- DM, CM, AM
Nwobodo - DM, CM, AM
Ejuke - LW, AM, SS
Ejaria - AM , CM, LW
Lookman - AM, LW, SS
Sadiq - FW, SS, RW
Nwakali - CM, AM, DM
Ebuehi - RB, RW, LB, LW

Again Shehu's "versatility" is pointless if he isn't one of the better options in any of his positions, and he isn't. He doesn't stand out in any position. All those positions he plays there are much superior options in all of them.

All the above players I listed would get much better use in SE than Shehu.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:40 pm Shehu has played 5 out of 7 league games this season and 4 Europa league games:

Yea and Ebuehi has played less than half the minutes this season. One can't really claim that he's a regular...But me personally I'm more comfortable with Shehu there as at least he will try to attack, Ebuehi is such a defensive player that barely tries anything moving forward. Or so he's been for the last 2+ seasons. Defensively he's solid, but since the injury he just refuses to attack...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:44 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:37 pm That's not what I read, but maybe it is what your mind is telling you my good friend.
I equally read our resident experts saying that all SE need is those elusive home-based talents hiding under Eko Bridge.
You no see that one?
Check well. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Regarding Eko Bridge... In Jos, I actually saw young people playing football on Sunday morning in the field. Maybe the scouting should move away from Eko bridge. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Excellent point! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:58 pm
olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:40 pm Shehu has played 5 out of 7 league games this season and 4 Europa league games:

Yea and Ebuehi has played less than half the minutes this season. One can't really claim that he's a regular...But me personally I'm more comfortable with Shehu there as at least he will try to attack, Ebuehi is such a defensive player that barely tries anything moving forward. Or so he's been for the last 2+ seasons. Defensively he's solid, but since the injury he just refuses to attack...

How can you compare Italy and Cyprus as if they are like for like ?

Hilarious 😂

Why stop at Cyprus, I'm sure there are Nigerians playing week in week out in Latvia.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Despite Shehu getting more minutes this season than Ebuehi, I would still go with Ebuehi. It's been quite a while since Shehu has had a good game at RB for the SE. I think we have better options than Shehu at both RB and CM/DM. However, I was just trying to point out to Dammy that Shehu is not a benchwarmer and his invitation is not that atrocious.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:06 pm

How can you compare Italy and Cyprus as if they are like for like ?

Hilarious 😂

Why stop at Cyprus, I'm sure there are Nigerians playing week in week out in Latvia.
I’m comparing their output in the SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:07 pm Despite Shehu getting more minutes this season than Ebuehi, I would still go with Ebuehi. It's been quite a while since Shehu has had a good game at RB for the SE. I think we have better options than Shehu at both RB and CM/DM. However, I was just trying to point out to Dammy that Shehu is not a benchwarmer and his invitation is not that atrocious.

I hear you, Shehu actually played well vs CV, even Vancity couldn’t say anything after that game.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

This arguments are coming fast and furious.

Let me say that with Rohr's philosophy, Amokachi would never have been a member of the SE squad.
Having said that these are steps one should take to be part of Rohr SE squad:

Step 1: Identify a small European country; small in terms of football.
Step 2: Identify the best club in that country. (biggest fish in small tank)
Step 3: Join that club so when they win the league you will play in the Champions League.
Step 4: Rohr sees you playing in Champions league and automatically you are called to camp.
Step 5: In camp just impress Rohr in any way possible, and you become a permanent SE member.

Just in case you are wondering, the current NFF is not really a federation; it is a cult.
So NFF is not Nigerian Football Federation; it is really NFC, Nigerian Football Cult.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:53 pm
olu wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:07 pm Despite Shehu getting more minutes this season than Ebuehi, I would still go with Ebuehi. It's been quite a while since Shehu has had a good game at RB for the SE. I think we have better options than Shehu at both RB and CM/DM. However, I was just trying to point out to Dammy that Shehu is not a benchwarmer and his invitation is not that atrocious.

I hear you, Shehu actually played well vs CV, even Vancity couldn’t say anything after that game.
He played well given he has been crap in his previous games, twice he has given away penalties because he has an awkward way of defending, given he is not a natural defender.

Collins was also good in that match and then went right back to being useless in both CAR matches.

The fact is that Shehu is not better than Aina or Ebuehi, he is being forced on Rohr, and SE would be much better replacing him with a whole host of players.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I did not say Shehu was a benchwarmer, I said he is not a regular and he did not start in his club's matches that I followed. Ebuehi has been rotated with Mazzochi at RB for Venezia. He plays virtually every game and is doing well. He is getting back to his attacking best as he plats as a RWB for his club.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:13 pm

I did not say Shehu was a benchwarmer, I said he is not a regular and he did not start in his club's matches that I followed. Ebuehi has been rotated with Mazzochi at RB for Venezia. He plays virtually every game and is doing well. He is getting back to his attacking best as he plats as a RWB for his club.
He doesn’t play every game, and he’s not getting back to any attacking best. All Italy games are on Paramount+ and I watch all of them. Ebuehi is a shadow of his old self attacking wise, he will get the ball with a whole lot of space down the line and he will stop and pass it back to a CD or GK, the thing has been infuriating me. I just don’t get it. He was doing the same thing in Holland last season, I think that’s just the player he is now. Defensively, he’s been top notch, but is it defense we need vs the likes of CV and CAR or attacking width? For me ‘All I Know’ should be our starting RB, I’m fine with either Ebuehi or Shehu as backup. But I’m not so worried about the club either plays for as long they bring it for SE…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:59 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:53 pm

He played well given he has been crap in his previous games, twice he has given away penalties because he has an awkward way of defending, given he is not a natural defender.

Collins was also good in that match and then went right back to being useless in both CAR matches.

The fact is that Shehu is not better than Aina or Ebuehi, he is being forced on Rohr, and SE would be much better replacing him with a whole host of players.
Bros, why would they force Shehu on ****? Do you remember **** dropped Aina to take a declining Echiejile to the WC, was he also forced on him or is he oddly loyal to a fault? It’s disingenuous to blame every invite that you don’t like on NFF, the only ones that they’ve said was Musa.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Thank you Mace04. I think there is an unexplained infatuation with Ebuehi. I have never seen a player who has done so little recently get such an acclaim. Yet we know Shehu has been atleast valuable. He may not be a starter but he has more than held his own when asked to play. As for Ebuehi, what exactly has he done now or before that leads to the accolades?
maceo4 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:44 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:13 pm

He doesn’t play every game, and he’s not getting back to any attacking best. All Italy games are on Paramount+ and I watch all of them. Ebuehi is a shadow of his old self attacking wise, he will get the ball with a whole lot of space down the line and he will stop and pass it back to a CD or GK, the thing has been infuriating me. I just don’t get it. He was doing the same thing in Holland last season, I think that’s just the player he is now. Defensively, he’s been top notch, but is it defense we need vs the likes of CV and CAR or attacking width? For me ‘All I Know’ should be our starting RB, I’m fine with either Ebuehi or Shehu as backup. But I’m not so worried about the club either plays for as long they bring it for SE…
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Total lie all around. I think folks just say stuff as we are all so dense we can’t look things up. Lookman joined Leicester on August 31. He had no preseason with Leicester and season was in 3rd week when he joined.There has been 7 BPL games since and he has featured in 5. He has played in 2 Europa league games and 2 cup games. How did you come up with 4 and 15? Can’t add?