Raphael Onyedika is ready!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Raphael Onyedika is ready!!

Post by bret- hart »

Baller of a midfielder. Only 20 and is already the top Mid in the top team in Denmark. Had 2 goals and 1 assist vs Odey's Randers FC. Onyedika is ready for the SEs. Too bad **** is our coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Raphael Onyedika is ready!!

Post by olu »

He's definitely one to keep any eye on. Not sure if he's better than our other midfield prospects tho.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:01 am

Baller of a midfielder. Only 20 and is already the top Mid in the top team in Denmark. Had 2 goals and 1 assist vs Odey's Randers FC. Onyedika is ready for the SEs. Too bad **** is our coach.
So if you were the coach, you’d invite him ahead of ….…….?
(Please fill in the gap)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:40 am

(Please fill in the gap)
Any midfielder over Shehu.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Definitely one to keep an eye on, Ndidi needs a solid understudy so bad.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:45 am Definitely one to keep an eye on, Ndidi needs a solid understudy so bad.
I gotta say, the young guy looks seriously good so far. Looks like he is ‘box to box’ too.
It’s the confidence he has to do what he does at such a young age….always a good sign of an upper trajectory.
Similar ‘audacity’ seen in Ejuke, Eze and Olise today and in generations past, Kanu, JJ, Finidi and Amuneke.

Hmmm. Onyeka, Etebo watch out.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He looks good, however, the other prospects such as Ovie Ejaria, Obinna Nwobodo, Alhassan Yusuf, and Tom Dele-Bashiru play on stronger leagues.

(Please fill in the gap)
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:21 pm He looks good, however, the other prospects such as Ovie Ejaria (AM/CM), Obinna Nwobodo, Alhassan Yusuf, and Tom Dele-Bashiru play in stronger leagues.

(Please fill in the gap)
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Watched this game because of Onyedika. This young man will not be at FCM for long. Has incredible work rate and can really play. Really loved his second goal and his ability to score from that angle.
He is surely one to watch
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

(Please fill in the gap)

I'd invite him ahead of Innocent Bonke who is a marginal international.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:06 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:45 am Definitely one to keep an eye on, Ndidi needs a solid understudy so bad.
I gotta say, the young guy looks seriously good so far. Looks like he is ‘box to box’ too.
It’s the confidence he has to do what he does at such a young age….always a good sign of an upper trajectory.
Similar ‘audacity’ seen in Ejuke, Eze and Olise today and in generations past, Kanu, JJ, Finidi and Amuneke.

He's a DM. He picks his spots to get forward, but his primary task at FC Midtjylland is to sit in front of the back four.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:21 pm He looks good, however, the other prospects such as Ovie Ejaria, Obinna Nwobodo, Alhassan Yusuf, and Tom Dele-Bashiru play on stronger leagues.

(Please fill in the gap)

Playing in top leagues is important but it's not the end all and be all. Onyedika is already good enough to impact the Super Eagles.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He aiiiight mean. Good engine, done nice skills but he doesn't move the needle fo SE yet. I don't think he'll give us better results at CM than Etebo,Aribo or Ejaria. He's like a more skillful Onyeka Certainly relevant after the WC if we make it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...you can't come from a nice place to a dump place and be excellent asap. Good luck to him if and when invited.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:12 am He aiiiight mean. Good engine, done nice skills but he doesn't move the needle fo SE yet. I don't think he'll give us better results at CM than Etebo,Aribo or Ejaria. He's like a more skillful Onyeka Certainly relevant after the WC if we make it.
Man your IQ is really really low mate... Kai!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

If the NFF were in the least bit serious about our youth teams we'd have gotten a decent view of what him and the likes of Amoo, Tijani, Ishaq, Aliyu, Jabaar, etc have to offer at the U20/21/23 level, it's even the most effective method in getting some upcoming foreign born players.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:12 am He aiiiight mean. Good engine, done nice skills but he doesn't move the needle fo SE yet. I don't think he'll give us better results at CM than Etebo,Aribo or Ejaria. He's like a more skillful Onyeka Certainly relevant after the WC if we make it.

Etebo isn't going to be at the Nations Cup and we need a capable player in his stead. Amongst a group of possible replacements, Onyedika is tops because he can impact the Super Eagles right away and he has the potential to be a long term solution in midfield. The only downside to picking him for the African Nations Cup is the way that the long winter break that the Scandinavian leagues observe might affect his form. But at the very least I would like to see him on the provisional list.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 am

Etebo isn't going to be at the Nations Cup and we need a capable player in his stead. Amongst a group of possible replacements, Onyedika is tops because he can impact the Super Eagles right away and he has the potential to be a long term solution in midfield. The only downside to picking him for the African Nations Cup is the way that the long winter break that the Scandinavian leagues observe might affect his form. But at the very least I would like to see him on the provisional list.
True. That’s a factor.
How long do their breaks last for and which countries are affected?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Watched a few games of MTJDY and quite impressed with his balance. What he lacks in Etebo's physicality and athleticism, he makes up with technique, esp in his late, third man runs in the box...

For him to be successful in the current SE setup, I suspect we would need to transition to a 4-3-3.

Certainly an interesting player...its his smart movement and ball handling I like the most...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

mystic wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:15 am

Wow, that good huh? I haven’t seen him yet.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Onyedika Excited To Sign New Midtylland Contract
November 9, 2021 7:09 am

Nigeria forward Raphael Onyedika is delighted to sign a new contract with Danish club FC Midtylland , reports Completesports .com.
Onyedika penned an extension on Monday that will see him remain at the club until 2026.

“It feels really good to sign a new contract,” the striker told the club’s website.

“I’m happy and proud of that, but most of all I’m grateful for the club and all that they have done for me in recent years.
“I would like to pay that back by helping the team in every match.

“It’s a great team to be a part of. There are many talented teammates and coaches and they have really contributed to my development this season. I’m sure it will continue.”

Onyedika said the focus now is to win trophies with his club, while also nursing the ambition to play in a top league.

“Of course I have ambitions to be as good as possible and play in a big league one day,” he said.

“But right now I just focus on being here and helping the team to victory.

“I hope to win titles here and that is the biggest goal this season.”

“We are incredibly happy that ‘Rapha’ has signed an extension,” remarked sports manager Svend Graversen..

“The level he has set for the season this season is creating great pride throughout the club. He has done even better than we had dared to hope for and he is just continuing to evolve battle by battle. It has been a pleasure to see.”

https://www.completesports.com/onyedika ... -contract/
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Btw, Etebo is not the same player he was 4 years ago. The successive injuries seem to be taking a toll on him. He's not as dynamic as he used to be.
txj wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:02 pm

Watched a few games of MTJDY and quite impressed with his balance. What he lacks in Etebo's physicality and athleticism, he makes up with technique, esp in his late, third man runs in the box...

For him to be successful in the current SE setup, I suspect we would need to transition to a 4-3-3.

Certainly an interesting player...its his smart movement and ball handling I like the most...