Ighalo to Partner Osimhen in attack 3-5-2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Ighalo to Partner Osimhen in attack 3-5-2

Post by Robotnik »

Rohr must play 3-5-2 if he does this

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ighalo to Partner Osimhen in attack 3-5-2

Post by 1naija »

I disagree. Nacho is still Osimhen's best partner. They are both aggressive in the box and can cause damage at anytime. I like Ighalo and think he still can be effective for the SE, but I don't think he compliments Osimhen well.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:21 pm I disagree. Nacho is still Osimhen's best partner. They are both aggressive in the box and can cause damage at anytime. I like Ighalo and think he still can be effective for the SE, but I don't think he compliments Osimhen well.
This will be a monumental LEAP for Rohr if he ever uses it. He is as ultra conservative as they come. He would he comfortably use 2 out-and-out strikers? Yea, that is a 3-5-2 but how many times has Nigeria under Rohr truly used a 3-5-2? He was able to use Iheanacho because Iheanacho could play a bit deeper but we have not seen either Ighalo or Osimhen do that. Rohr has only used two out-and-out strikers, as far as I can recall, when he paired Osimhen and Awoniyi in a desperation move. Well, lets see how this will happen under Rohr.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

You never know, it could work, because he's more of a support striker for his current club right now. Looking at the below game, he did very playing this new role. Even though, he's not in his prime anymore. He's still very intelligent, strong enough to be effective in the air but also has the pace and instincts to spin in behind. Honestly, I think he will ease the goalscoring burden on Osimhen. He has done everything and doesn't really have much to prove like selfish Kelechi. So, expect Osimhen to get better ball service from him.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

if i played in the Saudi league, nah constant hat-tricks i go dey score at my current age.. the fact iworo , used this to bring down Kele is shocking and pathetic at the same time.. one plays in the EPL, the other plays in Saudi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I love Iggy but these highlights are a bit embarrassing; the level of play is so low.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Let’s hope Ighalo doesn’t turn up……people got their wish and Onauchu did not play against CAR, Oshimen played 90min, Awoniyi played 45 min none of them could score against the mighty CAR at home. Now a striker even in his prime was rubbish so much so fans dubbed him Mrs Ighalo. That Peak has to be the most useless NFF chairman force this crap on the nation!!!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The fact that some people here can contemplate Ighalo starting for the SE in this day and age is disgraceful….

Ighalo has no business in the SE and when he played for SE, he wasn’t setting the place son fire. He was top scorer at the last AFCON and that wasn’t because he was excellent….he was still poor then.

Let’s not make it out that Ighalo was the shiiiiit before he retired and he surely has no business in the team right now…

Oshimen plays better on the quick counter behind defenders, Ighalo puts a block on that. If the ball has to go thru Ighalo who drops out? Chukwueze? Iwobi?

Playing 3-5-2 for Rohr is playing 5-3-2 really.

This looks bad and just before the upcoming AFCON, the coward part of Rohr turns up.

Feels like Deja Vu….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

It's a shame that some people are now clamouring for Ighalo to partner Osimhen at the expense of Iheanacho.. smh
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Ighalo should stay retired from the Eagles. Go with the young boys. Rohr needs to call up Olise.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

iworo wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:59 pm You never know, it could work, because he's more of a support striker for his current club right now. Looking at the below game, he did very playing this new role. Even though, he's not in his prime anymore. He's still very intelligent, strong enough to be effective in the air but also has the pace and instincts to spin in behind. Honestly, I think he will ease the goalscoring burden on Osimhen. He has done everything and doesn't really have much to prove like selfish Kelechi. So, expect Osimhen to get better ball service from him.
:shock:
Why would you describe Kelechi as selfish?
He provides on a regular basis and it has always been a key aspect of his game since U17 level.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:18 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:21 pm I disagree. Nacho is still Osimhen's best partner. They are both aggressive in the box and can cause damage at anytime. I like Ighalo and think he still can be effective for the SE, but I don't think he compliments Osimhen well.
This will be a monumental LEAP for Rohr if he ever uses it. He is as ultra conservative as they come. He would he comfortably use 2 out-and-out strikers? Yea, that is a 3-5-2 but how many times has Nigeria under Rohr truly used a 3-5-2? He was able to use Iheanacho because Iheanacho could play a bit deeper but we have not seen either Ighalo or Osimhen do that. Rohr has only used two out-and-out strikers, as far as I can recall, when he paired Osimhen and Awoniyi in a desperation move. Well, lets see how this will happen under Rohr.
He used it a few times prior to the last WC.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Probably the only way to keep Musa off the pitch.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

BRo,
so ive been involved with alot of coaching this year and mingled with alot of coaches, NIS< CAF< UEFA license, etc.

One thing i found out from the coaches and coaching literature is that when you have a 2 man strike force, in a 3-5-2, 442 or any front 2 structure, one striker covers the left and the other the right. One does not have to play off the other especially when you have a very good play maker making things work or 2 effective AMs/CMs (similar to Wjbaldum and Herderson for pool last season),
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:53 pm
BRo,
so ive been involved with alot of coaching this year and mingled with alot of coaches, NIS< CAF< UEFA license, etc.

One thing i found out from the coaches and coaching literature is that when you have a 2 man strike force, in a 3-5-2, 442 or any front 2 structure, one striker covers the left and the other the right. One does not have to play off the other especially when you have a very good play maker making things work or 2 effective AMs/CMs (similar to Wjbaldum and Herderson for pool last season),
Chief,

I am not so much worried about what they do when the SE has the ball. I am more concerned about what they do when the SE does not have the ball. If you watch Rohr closely, how his team sets up when the opponent has the ball is HIS primary worry and that informs often how he chooses to play. I believe that in spite of what many think, there are coaches (I suspect Rohr is one of them) who stick to a certain number of limited beliefs regardless of the personnel at his disposal. You ask yourself, has he changed much from his days at Niger Republic and other places?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:31 pm
chief nfachairman wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:53 pm
BRo,

Chief,

I am not so much worried about what they do when the SE has the ball. I am more concerned about what they do when the SE does not have the ball. If you watch Rohr closely, how his team sets up when the opponent has the ball is HIS primary worry and that informs often how he chooses to play. I believe that in spite of what many think, there are coaches (I suspect Rohr is one of them) who stick to a certain number of limited beliefs regardless of the personnel at his disposal. You ask yourself, has he changed much from his days at Niger Republic and other places?
352 is a much safer formation defensively. you almost have 8 players behind the ball once lost. and besides, Osimhen is very good with defending from the front.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I would have preferred Victor Moses be recalled over Ighalo. The former is still performing at a high level.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:33 pm Rohr must play 3-5-2 if he does this

From everything I have seen about our team, I think the 3-5-2 is our most productive formation
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

waka-man wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:48 pm I love Iggy but these highlights are a bit embarrassing; the level of play is so low.
Yeah. Looks like he’s gonna struggle with decent opposition
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Inviting Ighalo shows that Rohr has little confidence in Nacho. Let's face it, if we're playing 352 Nacho is the one player that should benefit the most, it was assumed by many that playing 2 strikers means nacho/Osihmen partnership.

Even though I don't want Ighalo back, I can certainly see an Ighalo/Osimhen being more productive in attack. The space created when defenses focus on Osihmen could be a gold mine for an experienced player like Ighalo. Nacho is perhaps more potent than Ighalo but he has struggled of late which might have prompted Rohr to look to Ighalo.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:40 pm Inviting Ighalo shows that Rohr has little confidence in Nacho. Let's face it, if we're playing 352 Nacho is the one player that should benefit the most, it was assumed by many that playing 2 strikers means nacho/Osihmen partnership.

Even though I don't want Ighalo back, I can certainly see an Ighalo/Osimhen being more productive in attack. The space created when defenses focus on Osihmen could be a gold mine for an experienced player like Ighalo. Nacho is perhaps more potent than Ighalo but he has struggled of late which might have prompted Rohr to look to Ighalo.
Wake me up when Rohr actually starts with such a lineup in a competitive game.

I am willing to bet that Iheanacho's position is not at stake. What is more likely is that Rohr starts Osimhen and will feel that Osimhen does not finish games strongly, going by data of his goal scoring for Nigeria (BTW, I have yet to examine this but it is just a hunch) and, thus, Ighalo will likely be the guy off the bench to replace Osimhen.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:45 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:40 pm Inviting Ighalo shows that Rohr has little confidence in Nacho. Let's face it, if we're playing 352 Nacho is the one player that should benefit the most, it was assumed by many that playing 2 strikers means nacho/Osihmen partnership.

I am willing to bet that Iheanacho's position is not at stake. What is more likely is that Rohr starts Osimhen and will feel that Osimhen does not finish games strongly, going by data of his goal scoring for Nigeria (BTW, I have yet to examine this but it is just a hunch) and, thus, Ighalo will likely be the guy off the bench to replace Osimhen.
I just woke you up
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Robotnik wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:52 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:45 pm

I just woke you up
It’s not Ighalo and Osimhen upfront so prof was right…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!