Rivers Angels smashed in Champions League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Rivers Angels smashed in Champions League

Post by Adisboy »

I think we can all agree now that the rest of Africa, atleast Morocco is as good as us. ASFA of Morocco, just beat Rivers Angels 3nil in their opening match. The Moroccan finishing was next level. One player destroyed Rivers scoring a fantastic hattrick. We have serious work to do, because tactically & technically the Moroccans were better. Edwin Okon who coached the Falcons to destroy everyone in AWCON 2014, just got schoolled today. The indications are next years WAFCON is going to be a battle.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg
Re: Rivers Angels smashed in Champions League

Post by Oguleftie »

I told you people that Perpetua does not know women's football.
People do not watch & follow women's football, but they run their mouth as if they do.
Clinical finishing goals, and throughout the 90min nothing special from Rivers.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

I watched the game and was terribly dissapointed in Rivers Angels. I saw raw talent but no tactics or technique. All 3 goals were class with goalscorer Mssoudy destroying 2 defenders for the second goal. In terms of talent, our girls are not inferior but the coaching is seriously deficient.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

3-0 in the first leg in women's football is not that bad. It can always be overturned in Nigeria.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:44 pm 3-0 in the first leg in women's football is not that bad. It can always be overturned in Nigeria.
It is not a home and away format. The qualifiers have been completed and 8 teams qualified to play the finals in Egypt. There are 2 groups of 4 with the top 2 in each group qualifying for the semi finals. Rivers Angels have 2 more games to play in this group stage against Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) and Vihiga Queens (Kenya).
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Adisboy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:06 pm I think we can all agree now that the rest of Africa, atleast Morocco is as good as us. ASFA of Morocco, just beat Rivers Angels 3nil in their opening match. The Moroccan finishing was next level. One player destroyed Rivers scoring a fantastic hattrick. We have serious work to do, because tactically & technically the Moroccans were better. Edwin Okon who coached the Falcons to destroy everyone in AWCON 2014, just got schoolled today. The indications are next years WAFCON is going to be a battle.
Club football is different from international football. Knowing how much better organized Moroccan football is, I won’t be surprised if the Moroccan club has players from all over Africa❗️

Cheers.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:31 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:06 pm I think we can all agree now that the rest of Africa, atleast Morocco is as good as us. ASFA of Morocco, just beat Rivers Angels 3nil in their opening match. The Moroccan finishing was next level. One player destroyed Rivers scoring a fantastic hattrick. We have serious work to do, because tactically & technically the Moroccans were better. Edwin Okon who coached the Falcons to destroy everyone in AWCON 2014, just got schoolled today. The indications are next years WAFCON is going to be a battle.
Club football is different from international football. Knowing how much better organized Moroccan football is, I won’t be surprised if the Moroccan club has players from all over Africa❗️

Cheers.
They do not have players from all over Africa.
Enough of patriotism.
Those who would vouch for Pinnick should bow their head in shame.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Cheers.
Did you watch the match? I can guarantee that Moroccan team is atleast 95% Moroccan homegrown players. Go check out the game on youtube. Techinically & tactically, the Moroccan were far better, probably level on skill & talent. I won't be suprised if they make up 90% of the national team.
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

ukwala wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 pm
naijaguy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:44 pm 3-0 in the first leg in women's football is not that bad. It can always be overturned in Nigeria.
It is not a home and away format. The qualifiers have been completed and 8 teams qualified to play the finals in Egypt. There are 2 groups of 4 with the top 2 in each group qualifying for the semi finals. Rivers Angels have 2 more games to play in this group stage against Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) and Vihiga Queens (Kenya).
Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Oguleftie wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:05 pm

Cheers.
They do not have players from all over Africa.
Enough of patriotism.
Those who would vouch for Pinnick should bow their head in shame.
How do you know that? Are you their technical recruiter? And what does Pinnick have to do with club football that’s run by the NPFL? Stop being foolish with your misguided accusations❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Adisboy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Cheers.
Did you watch the match? I can guarantee that Moroccan team is atleast 95% Moroccan homegrown players. Go check out the game on youtube. Techinically & tactically, the Moroccan were far better, probably level on skill & talent. I won't be suprised if they make up 90% of the national team.
You are just a couch potato like everybody else here so, you can’t guarantee anything. Stop pretending to know what you don’t know❗️

Cheers.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Adisboy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Cheers.
You are just a couch potato like everybody else here so, you can’t guarantee anything. Stop pretending to know what you don’t know❗️

Cheers.
Well there's something called research and I can confirm that in the Aisha Buhari Cup, 15 out of the 22 players were from ASFAR, that just thrashed Rivers Angels, including the star girl, Sanaa Massoud who scored the hattrick. So i know what i know.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Fatigue.. The team arrived late on Friday for a match on Saturday.. Sad. I hope they can beat Memouldi Sundowns.. Yes i think they can.. They understand what it means to loose..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Purity wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm Fatigue.. The team arrived late on Friday for a match on Saturday.. Sad. I hope they can beat Memouldi Sundowns.. Yes i think they can.. They understand what it means to loose..
Why do we keep doing this $#%?

Body no be firewood... except in Naija?!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Cellular wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:18 pm
Purity wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:59 pm Fatigue.. The team arrived late on Friday for a match on Saturday.. Sad. I hope they can beat Memouldi Sundowns.. Yes i think they can.. They understand what it means to loose..
Why do we keep doing this $#%?

Body no be firewood... except in Naija?!
The competition didn't take them by suprise but still they were the last team to arrive, barely 24 hrs to the match. Shameful. It's the arrogance that we can just prepare anyhow, turn up and win. This must have been a rude awakening.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

My question is how did so called mods allow a sexist heading (smashed) for the thread
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rivers Angels will face Sundowns today.. A must win match for them.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

So, the team that Sundowns beat (Vihiga Queens of Kenya) just beat ASFAR 2-0 today.
The same ASFAR that demolished Rivers Angels 3-0.
Just hope they bring their A game today, or else they will be headed out at the group stage.

Edwin Okon is just a fool - chopped and changed the team for no reason. The squad that played in the WAFU B final was good, with the exception of that useless goalkeeper (Whyte). She was the reason they lost in the final after outplaying Hassacas. But of course, Okon always likes using 'experience' to bring back over-the-hill players, like Whyte and Evelyn Nwabuoku.

This is the same Okon that Pinnick decided to force into the Super Falcons coaching crew. Watch Okon bring back all the very old players back into the SF under the guise of 'experience'.
Purity wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:45 am Rivers Angels will face Sundowns today.. A must win match for them.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Those Southie girls are quite good, but hope Rivers can get the 3 points..
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Purity wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:45 am Rivers Angels will face Sundowns today.. A must win match for them.
Game in the 76th minute, Rivers Angels 0 - 1 Sundowns. Angels on their way out of the tournament.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Absolutely pathetic.
3 players running in box & a cross delivered as shot over the bar.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Throughout 84min S.A. played with N0.6 & doing simple things well.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Since game started S.A. coach has remained standing on the sideline giving orders while your coach sat down on the bench.