Rivers Angels smashed in Champions League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ukwala
Egg
Egg
Re: Rivers Angels smashed in Champions League

Post by ukwala »

FT: Rivers Angels 0 - 1 Mamelodi Sundowns
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

its over.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Even as I am watching Rivers Angels and the South African side in their second game, I kept asking, what exactly do the coaches teach the players during practice? They don't know the difference between a kick meant for a pass and that meant for an outright distribution. They were playing like elementary school girls, just kicking the ball without purpose.

And the coach just sat in his dug-out like a sick ground-hug, watching the girls make mistakes after mistakes on the field. A typical attitude of Nigerian Supervisors and Bosses, hands in the pocket and watch subordinates perform below standards.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rivers Angels FC have been embarrassing in CAF women champions league.
Watch my tv show here:
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Purity wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:01 pm Rivers Angels FC have been embarrassing in CAF women champions league.
Watch my tv show here:
And they will be humiliated come tomorrow's game with the Kenyans. I vote the Kenyans the best of all that I have watched in this tournament. They are fleet-footed, always moving into position to receive precise passes, they have better football control, they are tall, attack, and defend very well. I kept saying to myself, NFF should hire the coach of this team to handle the Supper Falcons; because he did a good job with this club. On the contrary, the coach of Rivers Angels was just sitting in his armchair in the Dug-out watching his ward playing like elementary school girls. No understanding of anything.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I can not believe that Rivers Angels will fail to qualify from this group..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Angels no dey play football and definitely not a name expected to inspire fear in their opponents. Isn’t about time we sti using all these Mundane names for football
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

CAF Women’s Champions League: Rivers Angels trash Vihiga Queens 4-0, fail to reach semis

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vangua ... semis/amp/
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

This goes to show all those know-it-alls trashing our women’s football that football isn’t mathematics. It is a game of preparedness and matchups. The Rivers Angels just weren’t mentally in it in the beginning. There’s always next year though❗️

Cheers.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:30 pm This goes to show all those know-it-alls trashing our women’s football that football isn’t mathematics. It is a game of preparedness and matchups. The Rivers Angels just weren’t mentally in it in the beginning. There’s always next year though❗️

Cheers.
Thrashing does not mean outplayed.
In their 1st games all the teams were about the same; none were outplayed.
The S.A, team could have won their last game if their backs were against the wall; watching both games at the same the S.A. team played just for keeps, delaying playing the ball forward from the back.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oguleftie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:15 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:30 pm This goes to show all those know-it-alls trashing our women’s football that football isn’t mathematics. It is a game of preparedness and matchups. The Rivers Angels just weren’t mentally in it in the beginning. There’s always next year though❗️

Cheers.
Thrashing does not mean outplayed.
The S.A, team could have won their last game if their backs were against the wall; watching both games at the same the S.A. team played just for keeps, delaying playing the ball forward from the back.
The S.A, team could have won their last game if their backs were against the wall; watching both games at the same time the S.A. team played just for keeps, delaying playing the ball forward from the back.
[/quote]
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Late arrival and preparation affected Rivers Angels.. They came to the party too late.
ASFAR and SUNDOWNS qualify.
Hasacaas of Ghana could win this..
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Rivers Angels played with a woman advantage..The Kenyans saw red.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What a shame, really ..... Many had thought a Nigerian rep will dominate this competition given the way Nigerian Falcons dominate the AWC. It was a big DOWNER that this team -- Rivers Angels -- stunk up the joint.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

After this last match that the Rivers Angels played and won 4-0 against the Kenyans, I honestly take my words back about them. I am now convinced that late arrival, coupled with the attitude of the coach during the matches were grossly responsible for their shoddy performances in the first two matches.

All be it, they showed me the reason they are the Nigerian champions. With this performance, if they had shown the same vigor and performance in the past two matches, I would have voted them likely winners of the cup. But there will be another time and may God bless the Angels.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

They wasted so many chances in the dying minutes, but was pleasantly surprised at how they tore the Kenyans to shreds...

2 pks and some nice goals.

Poor preparations always haunts us...
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

The team had issues securing Visa.. I will be uploading my TV show today on this very soon.
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Purity wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:00 pm The team had issues securing Visa.. I will be uploading my TV show today on this very soon.
Well done my bros, but this are simply excuses on their behalf.
Rivers Angels and the Govt officials who proctor the team, knew about this tournament months ago.
I believe it’s just the ‘normal’ lackadaisical way they do things that have hurt the girls.
A real pity for a highly talented team