SE INVITATIONS....John Noble Replaces Francis Uzoho

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE INVITATIONS....John Noble Replaces Francis Uzoho

Post by Enugu II »

2022 World Cup qualifiers: Enyimba goalkeeper Noble replaces Uzoho in Nigeria squad
Taiye Taiwo
Nov 07, 2021 14:05 UTC -05:00
https://www.goal.com/en/news/2022-world ... pyvpuw76el

Nigeria have called up Enyimba goalkeeper John Noble as a replacement for Francis Uzoho, who has been reported sick ahead of their 2022 Fifa World Cup qualifying games against Liberia and Cape Verde.

After playing in Omonia Nicosia's Uefa Europa Conference League game against Basel on Thursday, Uzoho missed his team's outing in the Cypriot First Division on Sunday.

In October, the 23-year-old was put in goal after Sparta Rotterdam's Maduka Okoye arrived late to the national team's camp but he could not stop the Super Eagles from suffering their only defeat in Group C so far, a 1-0 loss to the Central African Republic.

“Enyimba goalkeeper John Noble has been called up to replace Francis Uzoho who has been reported sick. Get well quick, Frank!," the Super Eagles wrote on their social media page.

Noble earned his maiden invitation to the Super Eagles' set-up in March for their 2022 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Benin Republic and Lesotho.

His impressive form between the sticks helped Enyimba finish second in the 2020-21 Nigeria Professional Football League season and to reach the quarter-final stage of the Caf Confederation Cup last campaign, where they were knocked out by Egyptian side Pyramids.

Noble is yet to play for Gernot Rohr's team but he was in the side that faced Cameroon in two friendly fixtures in Austria back in June, and he was also an unused substitute for the home-based Eagles in their 4-0 fall to Mexico in another international friendly in July.

The 28-year-old joins first-choice Maduka Okoye and Kaizer Chiefs’ Daniel Akpeyi as the goalkeeping options available for Rohr in the coming games.

Article continues below

Nigeria will travel to Morocco to face Liberia on November 13, before they host Cape Verde Islands for their final Group C fixture three days later.

The three-time African champions lead their group with nine points after four matches, followed by Cape Verde in the second spot with seven points.

Third-placed Central African Republic have gathered four points from four matches while Liberia languish at the bottom with three points.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg
Re: SE INVITATIONS....John Noble Replaces Francis Uzoho

Post by mystic »

Noble is simply not good enough. This should have been an opportunity to look at another goalkeeper.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

**** at it again. Noble isnt even 1st choice at Eyinmba. Ojo is. Like seriously do the coaching staff monitor these players???
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Alloy Agu is the goalkeeping coach making the recommendations.
Even the guy that kept during the 4-0 drubbing by Mexico is 10 times better than this Noble fellow.
The squad should have been increased to 28 (meaning 4 goalies) - most countries are doing this due to the importance of these last 2 games. This would have reduced the risk we now face with just 2 keepers (Noble cannot be trusted for such crucial matches).
Nigeria, of course, will always make the most obtuse decisions in critical times.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:08 am **** at it again. Noble isnt even 1st choice at Eyinmba. Ojo is. Like seriously do the coaching staff monitor these players???
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Poor choice. There are better goalies in the NPFL than Noble.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:12 am Alloy Agu is the goalkeeping coach making the recommendations.
Even the guy that kept during the 4-0 drubbing by Mexico is 10 times better than this Noble fellow.
The squad should have been increased to 28 (meaning 4 goalies) - most countries are doing this due to the importance of these last 2 games. This would have reduced the risk we now face with just 2 keepers (Noble cannot be trusted for such crucial matches).
Nigeria, of course, will always make the most obtuse decisions in critical times.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:08 am **** at it again. Noble isnt even 1st choice at Eyinmba. Ojo is. Like seriously do the coaching staff monitor these players???
I dont trust Akpkyi either. Adeleye and Osigwe would have been far better choices. Im sick of this coaching staff. :boo:

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

I mean, wouldn't it have made more sense to bring in Stanley Nwabili, who faced the firing squad against Mexico and has more international experience than the Noble guy, who is a bench warmer with Enyimba and has been reported to be a jittery goalie?

Just realized that Nwabili was selected to start ahead of Noble against Mexico, yet Noble was invited? You often wonder how Alloy Agu and these people think.
olu wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 am Poor choice. There are better goalies in the NPFL than Noble.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Otitokoro wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:37 am I mean, wouldn't it have made more sense to bring in Stanley Nwabili, who faced the firing squad against Mexico and has more international experience than the Noble guy, who is a bench warmer with Enyimba and has been reported to be a jittery goalie?

Just realized that Nwabili was selected to start ahead of Noble against Mexico, yet Noble was invited? You often wonder how Alloy Agu and these people think.
olu wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:27 am Poor choice. There are better goalies in the NPFL than Noble.

Noble was injured, otherwise he would have started. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise for us because Mexico would have spelt Nigeria or worse if Noble was in goal.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Sunset wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 am [tweet][/tweet]

I doubt that Aiyenugba has any interest in playing international football again (although he was the best goalkeeper in the country last season).
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:36 am
Otitokoro wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:12 am Alloy Agu is the goalkeeping coach making the recommendations.
I dont trust Akpkyi either. Adeleye and Osigwe would have been far better choices. Im sick of this coaching staff. :boo:
I'm not sure that Osigwe can be relied upon. He concedes too many soft goals. Adeleye or a better goalkeeper from the domestic league should have been the choice.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And how did you come to this conclussion? Let me guess ... you pulled it out of your azz as usual.

The first choice goalkeeper for arguably the best team in the NFPL is not good enough to be the third goalkeeper for Nigeria? Name the better goalkeepers that should have been looked at and how you evaluated them.
mystic wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:54 pm Noble is simply not good enough. This should have been an opportunity to look at another goalkeeper.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I see a bunch of hungry wanabe agents at work on this thread.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

mystic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:17 am

I doubt that Aiyenugba has any interest in playing international football again (although he was the best goalkeeper in the country last season).
Anything's possible IMO, I wouldn't have any issue with it. Adeyinka was equally as impressive winning the league, for those who don't know he was the first choice GK of Manu Garba's U17 team but missed out on the World after getting in a car accident
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, let's go with the basket and calamity Dele Aiyenugba. He was so great for Nigeria the last time.

Msheeew!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:34 am And how did you come to this conclussion? Let me guess ... you pulled it out of your azz as usual.

The first choice goalkeeper for arguably the best team in the NFPL is not good enough to be the third goalkeeper for Nigeria? Name the better goalkeepers that should have been looked at and how you evaluated them.
mystic wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:54 pm Noble is simply not good enough. This should have been an opportunity to look at another goalkeeper.

You are only supporting him because he is a Rivers man. He may have been Enyimba's number one last season but he cost them dearly in their Continental games. He got into the Super Eagles because Rohr happened to observe him in a game against Rivers Utd where he was especially good (including penalty heroics). But proper evaluation of a player occurs after one has observed the player in question over a number of games.

I watched most of Enyimba's Confederations Cup games last year and Noble was a liability in goal. Rohr and his goalkeepers coach Alloy Agu are doing us a disservice by sticking with a goalkeeper who adds nothing to the Super Eagles. We might as well have not named a replacement for Uzoho if we are calling up Noble.

As for better goalkeepers, Olorunleke Ojo (who joined Enyimba this off-season) or Adewale Adeyinka (Akwa Utd) would have been far better choices from the domestic league.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:38 am I see a bunch of hungry wanabe agents at work on this thread.
The only hungry agent we all see here is you.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mystic wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:24 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:34 am And how did you come to this conclussion? Let me guess ... you pulled it out of your azz as usual.

You are only supporting him because he is a Rivers man. He may have been Enyimba's number one last season but he cost them dearly in their Continental games. He got into the Super Eagles because Rohr happened to observe him in a game against Rivers Utd where he was especially good (including penalty heroics). But proper evaluation of a player occurs after one has observed the player in question over a number of games.

I watched most of Enyimba's Confederations Cup games last year and Noble was a liability in goal. Rohr and his goalkeepers coach Alloy Agu are doing us a disservice by sticking with a goalkeeper who adds nothing to the Super Eagles. We might as well have not named a replacement for Uzoho if we are calling up Noble.

As for better goalkeepers, Olorunleke Ojo (who joined Enyimba this off-season) or Adewale Adeyinka (Akwa Utd) would have been far better choices from the domestic league.
Dont waste your time with this clown. Him and Kongi are known to support sub standard players so long as they are from the same tribe.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Perhaps, that's the only reason you are dismissing him ....That he is a Rivers Man!

Which continental games did you watch last year that John Noble cost Enyimba in? Gone are the days you used to bamboozle us with tales of games you never watched. Everything is now on the internet. Post the highlight video of the games you saw that John noble cost Enyimba in, or just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

One thing we know for sure is that John Noble has no godfather in the team or in Nigeria football batting for him. Every signing and call up to the National team he had gotten has been on Merit. So stop throwing about names of goalkeepers that I can bet you have not watched one day. Those days are gone!

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:02 pm Perhaps, that's the only reason you are dismissing him ....That he is a Rivers Man!

Which continental games did you watch last year that John Noble cost Enyimba in? Gone are the days you used to bamboozle us with tales of games you never watched. Everything is now on the internet. Post the highlight video of the games you saw that John noble cost Enyimba in, or just admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

One thing we know for sure is that John Noble has no godfather in the team or in Nigeria football batting for him. Every signing and call up to the National team he had gotten has been on Merit. So stop throwing about names of goalkeepers that I can bet you have not watched one day. Those days are gone!

1naija, not to get involved in your argument but….you said that the number 1 goalkeeper for the best team in the NPFL deserves to be called up……

Noble is not the number one goalkeeper in the best team in the league,….Ojo is…..so your contradicting yourself.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Read my statement again and let me know which part of arguably you don't understand.

I have no problem with any goalkeeper been called up as a third choice goalkeeper. You have to look closely at Mystic's post to understand exactly where he is coming from.
Enyi wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:45 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:02 pm Perhaps, that's the only reason you are dismissing him ....That he is a Rivers Man!

1naija, not to get involved in your argument but….you said that the number 1 goalkeeper for the best team in the NPFL deserves to be called up……

Noble is not the number one goalkeeper in the best team in the league,….Ojo is…..so your contradicting yourself.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:24 pm Read my statement again and let me know which part of arguably you don't understand.

I have no problem with any goalkeeper been called up as a third choice goalkeeper. You have to look closely at Mystic's post to understand exactly where he is coming from.

i agree with the above statement but can i ask, which goalkeeper are you referring to thx
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My point remains that John Noble, as the first choice goalkeeper for one of the top teams in Nigeria, has earned the right to be called up to the SE if the coaches think so. Just as Ojo could have been called up. To simply dismiss him based on frivolous made up facts is not right. One thing we can be sure of is that he is not in the team because some big shot in Nigeria football demanded for him. The coaches must have seen something in him while he was with the team or he would not be invited.
Enyi wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:16 am
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:24 pm Read my statement again and let me know which part of arguably you don't understand.

i agree with the above statement but can i ask, which goalkeeper are you referring to thx