Emenalo set to join Newcastle

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Emenalo set to join Newcastle

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eddie Howe named Newcastle head coach with Emenalo in line to join him
  • Former Bournemouth manager succeeds Steve Bruce
  • Michael Emenalo in line to be appointed as director of football
After finally confirming Howe’s appointment, Newcastle are keen to recruit a director of football and Emenalo, the former Nigeria international who previously filled that role at Chelsea and, more recently, at Monaco is now the front-runner after being interviewed by the club’s Saudi Arabian majority shareholders in Jeddah last week.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ew-manager
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Emenalo set to join Newcastle

Post by txj »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Do you think he will recall Ighalo to the premier league?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Hope the deal goes through.
http://www.naijiant.com/
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Enyi wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:26 pm Do you think he will recall Ighalo to the premier league?
Ell NO !!
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I’d like to see him go for a high profile coaching position. That ought to help Nigeria and the NFF overcome our coaching shortcomings❗️

Cheers.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:14 pm I’d like to see him go for a high profile coaching position. That ought to help Nigeria and the NFF overcome our coaching shortcomings❗️

Cheers.
:rotf: You'd like someone who is responsible for supervising the coach at Chelsea and Monaco (two high profile clubs) and oversaw/sees the entire football affairs, to take a step down in his career to become a coach and be answering to someone who is in the role that he presently holds? How does that make sense?

The next step in his career is to become Chief Executive or President. Thats the role he reports to and thats a promotion. Its silly to ask him to take a demotion.

And I know Nigerians think coaching is easy! Once you have played, you can coach. :lol: But thats not how coaching works.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:36 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:14 pm I’d like to see him go for a high profile coaching position. That ought to help Nigeria and the NFF overcome our coaching shortcomings❗️

Cheers.
:rotf: You'd like someone who is responsible for supervising the coach at Chelsea and Monaco (two high profile clubs) and oversaw/sees the entire football affairs, to take a step down in his career to become a coach and be answering to someone who is in the role that he presently holds? How does that make sense?

The next step in his career is to become Chief Executive or President. Thats the role he reports to and thats a promotion. Its silly to ask him to take a demotion.

And I know Nigerians think coaching is easy! Once you have played, you can coach. :lol: But thats not how coaching works.
You’ve talked a lot but managed to say next to nothing. Technical DIrector and Manager are co-lateral positions which require the exact same skills set. A TD is superior only from an administrative point of view but a Manager is a much more high-profile position. Transitioning from TD to Manager is not a demotion. Many TDs have transitioned to Manager and vice versa.

The position of Chief Executive is not a technical position. It is at the apex of all the different occupations you might have in a football organization.

Wether coaching is easy or not, a successful TD has all the tools necessary to be a successful coach and I believe Mike Emenalo will make a great Manager or Technical Assistant❗️

Cheers.