LIBERIA Depending on Hope........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
LIBERIA Depending on Hope........

Post by Enugu II »

Nigeria/Liberia: Butler Positive Ahead of Nigeria Clash
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppFlipboardLinkedInRedditEmailShare
https://allafrica.com/stories/202111120517.html
12 NOVEMBER 2021
FrontPageAfrica (Monrovia)
By Christopher C. Walker

Casablanca — Liberia Lone Star coach Peter Butler Super has expressed confidence that his players will prove a point and play for pride as Lone Star battles the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Saturday November 13, 2021 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Tangier Morocco at the Stade Ibn Batouta Stadium.

Liberia sits at the bottom of Group C going to face the group's leader Nigeria but the Englishman says he team has shown some positive signs in their last two training sessions and with the arrival of three new players to the squad they can upset the Super Eagles.

Speaking to the media at a pre match press conference Butler expressed optimism of his players readiness for the game following their training session.

"I think with the Arrival of Jamek, Mark, and Boison we got players who came in with good attitude and I think the new guys have good attitude.

"I think the important thing for my perspective is you playing for pride you playing for your country and we still playing for points I get lot of respect for the Nigerian national team but we going to be competitive and we have been competitive in every game we played.

According to Coach Butler the goalkeeping department has been a problem for his team with the goals his team conceded in their previous games something he said has been addressing the coming in of Nathaniel Sherman As goalkeeping coach and the inclusion of Boison who has a bit of experience.

Butlers said though his team has not played at home in the competition but he is proud of his players the way they worked over the time and is of the conviction that the team and players will get better and whoever that will take over from him will benefit from a very good team.

"Noting Playing at home has an effect on us is where you get your points from if Nigeria was playing away from Home they will struggling too but is not my problem, my problems are to rebuild this team and play a branded football and put good of lads out there with good discipline and we done that and if we had been a little more discipline and professional going into the depth of games in the last minutes we could be here with five points," he said.

Concerning the absence of stiker Kpah Sherman, Butlers said he will not really miss the attacker because he has players that can come in and do the job.

For his part Captian Allen Njie said they were unlucky during the first leg against the super Eagles but will keep pushing for the needed result.

Close

"We Came here for victory and I trust my boys and the coaches have done a lot of work on the players and we came here to get a victory for the country," Allen said.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: Derrick Julu (Watanga FC), Tommy Songo (LISCR FC) and Boison Wynney de Souza (FC Someșul Dej, Romania)

Defenders: Sampson Dweh and Ben Benaiah (LPRC Oilers); Alvin Maccornel and Carlos Williams (Watanga FC); Prince Balde (FC Drita, Kosovo), Jamal Arago (Sabail FK, Azerbaijan) and Mark Pabai (PEC Zwolle, Netherlands)

Midfielders: Abrahim Mohammed "Brem" Soumaoro (PAEEK FC, Cyprus), Seth Kanteh Hellberg (IK Brage, Sweden), Allen Njie (FC Aarau, Switzerland), Marcus Macauley (Sahab FC, Jordan), Oscar Murphy Dorley (Slavia Prague, Czech Republic), Justin Paul Salmon (Degerfors IF, Sweden) and Abu Kamara (FC Makedonija, North Macedonia)

Forwards: Peter Wilson (Olympiakos Nicosia, Cyprus), Moussa Sanoh (CS Mioveni, Romania), Van Dave Harmon (KF Laci, Albania), Kpah Sherman (Kedah FC, Malaysia) and Sylvanus Nimely (Ilves, Finland)
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIBERIA Depending on Hope........

Post by Enugu II »

Central African Republic exposed ‘beatable’ Super Eagles boast Liberia
Score Nigeria Reporter by Score Nigeria Reporter November 12, 2021 1:25 pm
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/central-afr ... st-liberia

A shock win by Central African Republic over the Super Eagles in Lagos has given Liberia confidence they could also record an upset against the star-studded Nigerians.

Nigeria stopped fellow West Africans Liberia 2-0 in the reverse tie in September.

“Central African Republic showed that Nigeria can be beaten,” said Liberia spokesman Gologo Ben Garkpah.

“We need to take our chances, which has really been the difference between us and the Super Eagles.

“I think we can upset the three-time African champions.

“With all respect to them, the Super Eagles are not infallible. They can be beaten.”

The official said the Lone Star are a lot stronger than they were three months ago.

“The squad are a lot stronger than the one on matchday 1,” he said.

“With the inclusion of Mark Pabai and Jamal Arago, I’m sure we will be solid at the back.

Both teams have clashed at this level 15 times with Nigeria winning 10 of these meetings, two matches ended in draw while Liberia recorded three wins.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:22 pm
12 NOVEMBER 2021
By Christopher C. Walker

Casablanca — Liberia Lone Star coach Peter Butler Super has expressed confidence that his players will prove a point and play for pride as Lone Star battles the Super Eagles of Nigeria in Saturday November 13, 2021 FIFA World Cup qualifier in Tangier Morocco at the Stade Ibn Batouta Stadium.

Liberia sits at the bottom of Group C going to face the group's leader Nigeria but the Englishman says he team has shown some positive signs in their last two training sessions and with the arrival of three new players to the squad they can upset the Super Eagles.

Speaking to the media at a pre match press conference Butler expressed optimism of his players readiness for the game following their training session.

"I think with the Arrival of Jamek, Mark, and Boison we got players who came in with good attitude and I think the new guys have good attitude.

"I think the important thing for my perspective is you playing for pride you playing for your country and we still playing for points I get lot of respect for the Nigerian national team but we going to be competitive and we have been competitive in every game we played.

According to Coach Butler the goalkeeping department has been a problem for his team with the goals his team conceded in their previous games something he said has been addressing the coming in of Nathaniel Sherman As goalkeeping coach and the inclusion of Boison who has a bit of experience.

Butlers said though his team has not played at home in the competition but he is proud of his players the way they worked over the time and is of the conviction that the team and players will get better and whoever that will take over from him will benefit from a very good team.

"Noting Playing at home has an effect on us is where you get your points from if Nigeria was playing away from Home they will struggling too but is not my problem, my problems are to rebuild this team and play a branded football and put good of lads out there with good discipline and we done that and if we had been a little more discipline and professional going into the depth of games in the last minutes we could be here with five points," he said.

Concerning the absence of stiker Kpah Sherman, Butlers said he will not really miss the attacker because he has players that can come in and do the job.

For his part Captian Allen Njie said they were unlucky during the first leg against the super Eagles but will keep pushing for the needed result.

Close

"We Came here for victory and I trust my boys and the coaches have done a lot of work on the players and we came here to get a victory for the country," Allen said.

Full squad

Goalkeepers: Derrick Julu (Watanga FC), Tommy Songo (LISCR FC) and Boison Wynney de Souza (FC Someșul Dej, Romania)

Defenders: Sampson Dweh and Ben Benaiah (LPRC Oilers); Alvin Maccornel and Carlos Williams (Watanga FC); Prince Balde (FC Drita, Kosovo), Jamal Arago (Sabail FK, Azerbaijan) and Mark Pabai (PEC Zwolle, Netherlands)

Midfielders: Abrahim Mohammed "Brem" Soumaoro (PAEEK FC, Cyprus), Seth Kanteh Hellberg (IK Brage, Sweden), Allen Njie (FC Aarau, Switzerland), Marcus Macauley (Sahab FC, Jordan), Oscar Murphy Dorley (Slavia Prague, Czech Republic), Justin Paul Salmon (Degerfors IF, Sweden) and Abu Kamara (FC Makedonija, North Macedonia)

Forwards: Peter Wilson (Olympiakos Nicosia, Cyprus), Moussa Sanoh (CS Mioveni, Romania), Van Dave Harmon (KF Laci, Albania), Kpah Sherman (Kedah FC, Malaysia) and Sylvanus Nimely (Ilves, Finland)
Chei! This their squad list strikes terror in my heart o! Pro players playing top level football in countries Kosovo, Malaysia, North Macedonia and Jordan! And our coach has honestly told us SE don't have any players in clubs like Bayern and Real Madrid. Hopefully, we can win this. We will rightly be the underdogs!
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, I will ONLY say anything can happen as is the case in all games. Nothing is set on STONE, so ...
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bushboy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:43 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:22 pm
12 NOVEMBER 2021
By Christopher C. Walker

Close

Full squad

Chei! This their squad list strikes terror in my heart o! Pro players playing top level football in countries Kosovo, Malaysia, North Macedonia and Jordan! And our coach has honestly told us SE don't have any players in clubs like Bayern and Real Madrid. Hopefully, we can win this. We will rightly be the underdogs!
Bushboy,

You have to use the talents at your disposal. Excuses are for the weak. I am sure this team is not coming to this game to lay down because of Nigerian players in significantly more high profile clubs. It is simply 11 v 11 when that whistle sounds and it becomes fight to finish.