Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 2

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 1Live

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:23 pm
tedder89 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:17 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:09 pm
bushboy wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:55 pm Osimhen is a poor striker. I don't care he got a penalty! He is POOR!!!
He has been very poor for SE for a few games.

He is definately overhyped. I am sorry to say.
We didn’t play well today even though we created enough chances to win by 3 even 4 but Vic never stopped hustling

We know he has quality but that hunger set him apart from most of his team mates who sometimes looked to be on vacation
So "hustling" is the best thing you can say of Osimehn's performance ?

Why not call the next "hey you" from the Nigerian league if you want "hustle"

Osimehn has lacked composure in his last 3 or 4 games, it is becoming worrying.
His first goal against Leicester is the very definition of composure.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 1Live

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Osimhen is probably one of the most influential players in a game in Europe! And his finishing has been POOR this term, that just says it all.

Nigeria misuse his talent because we play one-dimensionally. If Nigeria play with some depth in tactics, I guarantee you, you would be singing Osimhen's praises! If you cannot put in decent balls behind the guy, or decent crosses at head height, how do you expect him to execute his formula?

Put Osimhen in most other African sides like Algeria and he would absolutely annihilate.
[/quote]

Reading this reminded me of one Striker Nigeria had in the past ....

BROWN IDEYE :woot:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liberia 0 vs Nigeria 2

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...make I follow roll and laff too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wonder what could have been if the ref was tough and refused to award both or any penalties since Africa don't use VAR.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Osinhem him go learn, but when?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Watching France execute a 3-5-2 against an opponent playing full defense you just shake your head at our team. I’m more so concerned about the tempo and speed of play of our team. We play so slow while their central defenders barely hang on to the ball, 1 max 2 touches they’ve moved it on. They actually hold the ball more in the opponents third trying to create opportunities. The movement of the team to create passing lanes, midfielders show for and carry the ball, wingers are able to beat their opponents and put in decent crosses. Not some lethargic looking display. We have so far to go…we need to focus on players that are comfortable on the ball, show for it and don’t shy away from it. I like how Ejuke showed and tried to keep possession of the ball but they need to be doing it as a team with simple give and goes, playing around the opposition. I don’t get why we can’t do the basics. But wetin I know sha, I’m just a fan.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!